The fourth expansion of Square Enix’s critically acclaimed MMO, Final Fantasy XIV Online, Endwalker, has been announced for November 23rd, 2021. It is now available to pre-order. Naoki Yoshida (Director & Producer) revealed new information of the upcoming expansion during the opening keynote at the Digital Fan Festival 2021.
Here is a full cinematic trailer for Endwalker that debuted during the digital event, and a new theme song that was composed by Masayoshi Soken and vocals by Sam Carter from the band Architects:
The “Reaper” is the second job that will be introduced with Endwalker, a scythe-wielding melee DPS who calls upon an avatar from the Void to join them in close-quarter combat and can even serve as a host for their avatar. A first look at the reaper can be seen here:
Along with a male Viera being added as a new playable race, joining the existing female Viera, the trailer can be seen here:
Here’s an outline of all the Endwalker content from the keynote address:
- New Job: Reaper
- New Playable Race: Male Viera
- New City: Old Sharlayan
- Travel to Expansive New Areas: Labyrinthos and Mare Lamentorum
- A Labryinthos walkthrough trailer is available here:
- A Mare Lamentorum walkthrough trailer is available here:
- New Tribes to Encounter: Loporrits
- New Threats to Overcome: The Magus Sisters
- New Alliance Raid Series: “Myths of the Realm”
- A New Data Center: Oceania
Details have also been revealed of Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalkers Collectors Edition, that will be available for pre order on the Square Enix Store. For PS4, PS5, and Steam players, the Collector’s Box will be able to be ordered as a standalone product. The Endwalker Collector’s Standalone Box will not come with a copy of Endwalker, in-game bonuses, or pre-order bonuses, but will include the physical goods listed below:
- Endwalker Special Art Box – A unique glossy, white-inlaid box that features an illustration of Hydaelyn and Zodiark by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Expertly Crafted Paladin Figure – An impressive high-quality figure that showcases the Warrior of Light as a paladin using Passage of Arms to shield allies from harm. Including the base, the figure’s dimensions are approximately W 6.10″ x D 8.46″ x H 7.28″ (W 15.5cm x D 21.5cm x H 18.5cm).
- Art Collection & Frame Set – A collection of ten B5-sized (approx. 7.2″ x 10.1″ / 18.2cm x 25.7cm) art prints featuring key visuals from throughout the history of FINAL FANTASY XIV, from version 1.0 through Endwalker. The set also includes a frame so you can showcase your favorite image.
- Azem Pin – A pin created to mimic the appearance of Azem’s crystal. Designed to fit in the palm of your hand at approximately 1″ x 1.2″ (2.5cm x 3.0cm).
- Loporrit Mini Plush – A mini plush version of a Loporrit. The plush is approximately 6.5″ tall (16.5cm).
The Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Digital Collectors Edition is now available for pre-order from certain retailers, and will include the following in-game bonus items:
In-game Item: Arion Mount – A new mount designed to complement paladin, the signature job of Endwalker. A trailer showcasing the mount can be viewed here:
In-game Item: Wind-up Porom Minion – Porom, one of the young twins who joins your party in Final Fantasy IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
In-game Item: Death Scythe: Reaper Weapon – The Death Scythe from Final Fantasy XI makes its appearance in Final Fantasy XIV as a reaper-exclusive weapon.
Players who pre-order Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker from certain retailers will be eligible to receive the following pre-order bonuses:
Early Access – Early access is tentatively scheduled to begin on Friday, November 19, 2021 at 1:00 a.m. (PST) and will allow users the ability to play Endwalker before the official release.
In-game Item: Menphina Earring – A gorgeous earring with a design that draws inspiration from the moon. This useful earring features attributes that will vary according to the user’s class/job and current level when equipped and grants a 30% increase in EXP up to level 80 when worn.
In-game Item: Wind-up Palom Minion – Palom, one of the young twins who joins your party in Final Fantasy IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
Pre-order bonus codes will be delivered upon pre-ordering Endwalker and can be redeemed immediately. Thanks to the in-game items that will be delivered ahead of launch, anyone pre-ordering Endwalker will be able to use their Menphina Earring to catch-up to level 80 before the expansion releases on November 23, 2021.
Final Fantasy XIV Online: Endwalker is set to release on November 23, 2021 for PlayStation Consoles and Steam, and is available to be pre-ordered now.