Final Fantasy XV Window Edition officially releases March 6, 2018 for STEAM, Origin and Windows 10 and Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for the Xbox One and PS4. Both editions includes the base game, all Season Pass content released since launch, expanded map, new areas and more.
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition and Final Fantasy XV Window Edition feature:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruin – brand new side quests and enemies including Cerberus and Omega who will be available through the expanded map, Crown City of Insomnia. Quests include battling the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat – the boat expands the world of Eos and allows exploration to areas between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will have the ability to fish aboard the ship as well as discover new an exotic fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – After players collect all of the royal arms, they’ll be able to find the accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleased.
- A new first-person camera mode – Players will be able to experience the world from Noctis’ point of view
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Mulitiplayer Expansion: Comrades and Episode Ignis
- Archive – Enables the ability to review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional myths and legends can be found in many new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and strengthen Regalia Type-D.
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game, with new trophies/achievements.
Additionally, Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades receives a free update, introducing several new gameplay areas, quests, and other content:
- Comrades Quest (Beginner – Intermediate) – A new Comrades Quests grants players exclusive avatar items by controlling Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis and completing a series of Escort, Defense, and Hunt quests in medley form.
- Chocobo Breeding (Intermediate – Advanced) – Up to 10 wild Chocobos can be raised, develop new power routes and match against ferocious foes at the Caem Colosseum.
- Royal Sigils (Advanced – Master) – After a sequence of events at Galdin Quay and collecting the six remaining Royal Sigils, players will unlock a challenging multiplayer quest.
- Hidden Harbor – A new outpost is now unlocked after completing a sequence of events at Galdin Quay, functioning as a “mini-Lestallum” complete with Mission HQ, Power Station, Glaive Barracks, a Remodeling Station and new Chocobo Stables. The new mini-outpost Norduscaen Garrison will also be accessible, and includes a special training session against a refurbished Magitek Armor.
- Additional Content:
- Higher Avatar Character Level Cap – From Level 50 to Level 99
- Higher Weapon Level Cap – From Level 99 to Level 120 (requiring special Meteorite component)
- Ability to Dismantle Armanents – Available after obtaining the Engine Schematics
- New Guest Chefs at Camp – Including Libertus, Gentiana, Cor, Aranea and Iris
- Exchange Gil for Meteorshards – Visit Navyth at a certain outpost
- New Hunt, Escort and Defense Quests
- New Armaments, Weapon Abilities, Remodeling Components
- New Avatar Items – Modeled after familiar faces from FINAL FANTASY XV