Final Fantasy XIV Online Patch 4.1, The Legend Returns, will release in early October. The game’s Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida hosted the 38th installment of the Letter, where he reveals the following content from Patch 4.1: The Legend Returns:
- New Main Scenario and Side Quests – The fan favorite Hildibrand quest series also returns.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – Titled “Return to Ivalice,” featuring guest creator Yasumi Matsuno
- New Primal Battle – Shinryu makes a triumphant comeback in a new extreme difficulty challenge
- New ‘Ultimate’ Difficulty Raid – The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) brings a new challenge to the most hardcore thrill seekers
- Adventurer Squadron Updates – Players and squadron members may now team up and explore dungeons together
- PvP Content: “Rival Wings” – Ride goblin mechs and fight your opponents in 24 v 24 matches
- Housing Update – Sale of plots in Shirogane will begin, along with the addition of swimming areas in all housing districts.
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Drowned City of Skalla
- The Lost Canals of Uznair Update – Venture even deeper into the submerged chambers for greater rewards and challenges.
- New Beast Tribe Quests: The Kojin
- And much more
Yasumi Matsuno also joined in the live stream to discuss the 24-player alliance raid, “Return to Ivalice”. As a special guest creator, Matsuno, is writing the script for the raid. In addition, Square Enix is collaborating with Level-5 once again and Players will collect Yo-Kai themed weapons, minions, and mounts until November 1.