• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Why Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'General Kingdom Hearts' started by Kitty, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Lady Starship

Lady Starship New Member

Well, actually a good Internet friend told me about it. She played it a lot and told me about it. I thought, since I already am a huge Disney fangirl, that it might be interesting. First chance I got, I purchased the first game, and absolutely fell in love with everything. First Sora, then Riku. I declared then, and still declare now that Riku is one of my most loved video game boyfriends. I quickly became a huge fan and applauded Disney for teaming up with Square Enix to make this masterpiece of a game. I love it, now and forever kind of love.

2. yzw035

yzw035 New Member

No particular reason, I just love to play Kingdom Hearts.

3. Sophia

Sophia New Member

A youtuber was playing the game and it was interesting so I decided to get into the series.

4. Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts New Member

I had a gift voucher to spend. I had decided to buy a PS2 game and by chance I chose Kingdom Hearts. Best choice ever!

5. Captin Waffels

Captin Waffels New Member

i was like 10 or 9, my older sister was like "Did you hear about that game with Disney characters in it?? i think it was called kingdom something" i searched it and bam

6. Marsnauts

Marsnauts New Member

This is a weird one for me, I actually saw the game at a video store for rent when I was about 4.
    Of course the Disney characters caught my eye, so I had a look at the screen shots and saw Sora, Donald and Goofy in a castle (Hallow Bastion)
    so I rented it and loved it (even though at that age I couldn't get of Destiny Islands But what ever :p )

Can't wait For KH3 :D

7. XionXIV

XionXIV New Member

When I was little, there was a video that I had for Halloween from the "House of Mouse" series. It had the trailer for the first Kingdom Hearts on it. As an avid Disney fan and a video game junkie, I thought that it looked pretty cool. It wasn't until a few years later, when I'd bought a PS2 and was into games like Final Fantasy when I was searching for Final Fantasy video on youtube and came across a video with Kairi as the picture. I immediatly fell in love with her and it didn't take me long to grow to love the game as well. Love grew to an obsession and now Kingdom Hearts reigns as my favorite game series EVA! So, thank's Kairi!!!!!!!:D

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  8. Maxad

Maxad New Member

The concept alone merits curiosity. I saw the ad in PSM, a playstation magazine from back in the day. Then my cousin got it along with dark cloud, final fantasy X, parappa 2, ect.

i didnt get into the plot until chain of memories and kh2, when the stakes were higher and the music and camera improved drastically.

9. Elfdemon

Elfdemon Member

I'm not exactly sure. I'm pretty sure my parents got the first KH game for me for Christmas when I was 5 or 6 years old. Kingdom Hearts has been in my life for as long as I can remember and it's extremely hard to imagine a life without it to be honest.

10. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I saw the commercial for KH1 in 2002 and since I grew up on Disney I thought it'd be fun.

11. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

The commercials were so hype back then, I actually think I saw my first one on a Disney Channel small show they had inbetween their actual shows? Like Disney 365 or some shit.

12. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

That's where I saw mine! :D