• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by EbeneezerAl, Jan 19, 2008.

1. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

Looking back on AoU though, I realized how they made Hawkeye become more relevant while diminishing the value of Black Widow. Not to mention the fact that Tony Stark being Iron Man again was completely skipped over.

2. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

The Secret World of Arrietty

I finally got around to watching this Studio Ghibli film ! My mom bought it for me a couple of weeks before exams started, and I can honestly say it was one of my favourite movies from this franchise. The story was really cute and the movie was so colourful. I actually teared up a bit at the ending because it was touching. The story revolves around these little people called "Borrowers" and when one of these Borrowers, Arrietty, encounters a human boy, Shawn. Borrowers are not allowed to be-friend humans because humans are considered to be dangerous, so basically there's a forbidden friendship going on.

3. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Hot Pursuit. A very standard buddy cop movie. I thought it was still pretty funny, though, if awkward at times. I don't quite understand why some reviews are hating on it so much. It's certainly not original, and it's not going to win any awards, but it's still enjoyable.

4. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

Avengers! Haha my next one will be Insidious Chapter 3! Then Jurassic Park World.

5. Kitty

Aloha. It has a great cast, so I expected it to be pretty good, but it wasn't anything special. Some parts of the story I really liked, and some were just really awkward and unnecessary. There were too many plot points and none of them were as fleshed out as I would have liked. I'd watch it again, if I didn't have to pay for it, just to see if my opinion changes at all.

6. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

You should star writing movie reviews. :)

Back on track though...

The Amazing Spiderman. After careful considerations, I'm torn between whether I liked the Andrew Garfield or Toby McGuire Spideys better. Both actors had their strong and weak points. I do wish they had just finished off the Amazing Spiderman movies more conclusively though; real shame to not see that story come to completion. >End Rant.<

7. Kitty

Lol. I should do a lot of things. XD

I agree. I don't know why people bitched so much about the Amazing Spiderman movies. They weren't perfect, but I liked them and wanted to see where they were going with the series. And I thought Andrew Garfield was a perfect Spiderman. It's a shame he won't get the chance to keep playing the part.

8. Kitty

Spy. I wasn't sure about this, because Melissa McCarthy is only funny sometimes, but this movie is really hilarious. All of the cast performs their roles perfectly, and while there's maybe nothing truly special about the actual plot, it's interesting and kept my attention the entire time. And Melissa McCarthy is actually a complete badass in this movie- I was not expecting that. The action is done surprisingly well. Would recommend.

9. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Jurassic World. It was pretty good. Got to admit, it didn't have the same feel as the original Jurassic Park. But then again, I honestly do not think any of the Jurassic Park had the same feel as the original. Still a good movie though.

10. me4lingual

me4lingual Active Member

The last movie I watched was a French film on LinkTV titled Home. It was about a family that lives in a small house next to a freeway. It is quite strange, in that they combat the constant noise by putting cinder blocks up and cementing every crevice in the house. And eventually, the oxygen level in the house is at a dangerous low, and the family goes to sleep for possibly the last time.

But then the mother wakes up and realizes that that isn't what she wanted after all, and takes a sledgehammer to the door. The family exits the house, and walks through a field.

Weird.

11. Become

Godzilla (2014). I'll don't think I'll ever be able to see eye-to-eye with my kid cousin on our opinions of this one. When we both saw it in the theatre last year, he complained that there wasn't enough Godzilla in it. But I was kind of pleased by the fact that it focused so much more on the human characters. That and it was a nice change to see another Godzilla movie that played to his occasional status as more of a 'hero' within the world of monsters.

12. Kitty

Inside Out: Easily one of the best Disney/Pixar films to come out in a long while, and actually, I think, one of their best movies, period. It had a good balance of laughs and tears (yeah, I cried, sue me). The animation was beautiful (and looked fantastic in 3D), the voice acting was fitting, and the story was one of those that appeals to kids and adults alike. Everyone in the theater, kids and adults, seemed really into it. My nephew talked about it the whole car ride home. If you like animated films and Disney/Pixar in particular, I can't imagine that you would be disappointed in this film.

fishy smells likes this.
  13. fishy smells

fishy smells Member

I agree with you 100%, and I saw the advance screening with two of my friends this past Tuesday. There was a Q&A, a "tour" of the Steve Jobs building where they make the Disney/Pixar movies, and we all got free posters and lanyards! I felt like my brain was all of the Unversed rolled together with all of the Disgust, Anger, Sadness, Fear, and most of all Joy built in. 8.5/10 too much broccoli! XD

14. Kitty

:)

I just caught a double feature at the drive-in. First up, Jurassic World. I really enjoyed this. I don't know if it topped the first one (I haven't seen it in years, plus, you know, nostalgia glasses are firmly on), but I liked the story a lot. I also enjoyed that the score was similar- JP is one of those films with iconic music and it wouldn't have been the same without it. Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt (who, by the way, was really hot here for some reason XD) had good chemistry together, and the kid actors weren't horrific, as they so often are. I just wish Judy Greer had been in it a little more- I like her. Also, have people learned yet that a live dino theme park is a really horrible idea? Geez.

Second film- San Andreas. It was pretty enjoyable too. It's your typical disaster film, but I thought it accomplished what it set out to do. The acting was decent enough, even the kid, and while there's not much story, it kept me on the edge of my seat most of the time. There was one completely pointless character who should have been cut, but he wasn't really in it that much anyway. Effects looked pretty cool. The ending was a bit stupid and downplayed how absolutely screwed the country would be if this shit actually happened. But even so, not bad overall.

fishy smells likes this.
  15. Become

On Monday I got out from under my rock to see Jurassic World. I was a bit foggy on the original Jurassic Park trilogy, but that didn't matter much, since pretty much the entire cast was new anyways. Not bad acting-wise and some great visual moments. There was even a late plot twist that, though foreshadowed, wasn't absolutely obvious.

16. Kitty

Terminator Genisys

To hell with the critics and haters, I loved this movie. To me, it really captured the feel of the original and T2, paying homage and recreating some moments without being a shot-for-shot rehash. There were some nice scenes at the start of the movie between Kyle Reese and John Connor that I was really glad to see; I always thought we never got enough future time in the first two movies. Arnold and Emilia Clarke were great in their roles (I loved the relationship that they shared), and I thought Jai Courtney was decent, too, although I didn't feel like he really looked the part. The action and special effects were good. The story kind of reminded me of T3 in some instances, but it was handled better, imo, with much more likable leads.

I would rank this movie just a little below T1 and T2. It's for sure better than T3, and probably better than Terminator Salvation, though I never got around to seeing that one, so I can't really pass judgment on that.

17. Dion

Dion Member

Last movie I watched was some good ole' Supertroopers. It just that one movie I'll never get tired of with the jokes.

18. Kitty

Ant-Man

I wasn't really that interested in this movie. The character's not one I'm all that familiar with, and despite it starring Paul Rudd, who I think is great, the production seemed like it was full of trouble and I was expecting a mess. But I was pleasantly surprised by the film. It feels less like a "superhero" movie and more like a heist film, which I thought was really cool. The movie had a good tone, with a nice balance between humor and more serious scenes. The cast played their parts well, and the action and effects were about what I expect from a Marvel film. This isn't my favorite of the Marvel films, but it's not towards the bottom of my list, either. It's worth a watch.

19. Kitty

Just recently saw two movies, and I'm bumping this thread because even if no one else likes to ramble about movies, I do, so there. XD

Trainwreck: This one was pretty good, if not quite amazing. The story is cliché rom-com (though the roles are reversed), which could be a turn-off for some people. I love rom-coms, so it didn't bother me, and I really liked the parts featuring Amy Schumer and Bill Hader's characters actually just being in a relationship. It felt real. What I didn't care so much for- the movie was raunchy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but in this case, it just felt raunchy just for the sake of being raunchy, and not because it was important to telling the story. Which, considering who all was involved, I wasn't expecting anything else, but it did take away a little of my enjoyment of the movie. Still, it was pretty funny, and sometimes touching, and the theater-goers all seemed to like it.

Pixels: I thought the premise of this movie was awesome, and then I saw that Adam Sandler was involved, and my expectations plummeted. For the most part, I find him a detestable actor, and he was one of the weak point of the movie, for sure, but the parts of the movie where the games are actually attacking were really cool. The other actors all seemed to be trying to give a worthwhile performance, especially Peter Dinklage, but Sandler was just phoning it in with no emotion, as he seems wont to do, anymore. I don't regret seeing this, as the parts that were fun were really fun, but it's probably more of a rent or wait for Netflix sort of film. Replacing Sandler with an actor who can actually emote would have made a huge difference.

20. fishy smells

fishy smells Member

I watched Dragonball Z: Resurrection 'F' last night with two of my friends. It was better than I expected it to be, since I'm not a huge DBZ fan. The only thing I didn't like was that the whole movie was basically just one fight scene... It really grinds my gears when the directors of a film do that! Otherwise, it was a great movie! 8.5/10 too much water. No, seriously! The vast majority of the battle was over the ocean... lol