• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What is the meaning behind this quote?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 1' started by Hwensta, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Hwensta

Hwensta New Member

"The further you go into the light, the greater your shadow becomes"
    Is a quote from the tutorial level spoken by the mysterious voice who's actually just some text. That I guy is all serious business so I doubt he was just stating a fact like that for the lolz. There has to be some sort of meaning behind it but I can't think of anything...

Any ideas?

2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Imagine you're in front of a very bright light. Be it a spotlight, car lights, whatever. The closer you get to the source of the light, the more of the light is actually hitting your body. The more light hitting your body, the bigger a shadow is made.

3. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

I love this quote.

If you look at the quote in a more metaphorical sense, it's quite deep. My interpretation is that "light" means "truth" and "shadow" represents imperfection.

The closer you get to your true self, the more imperfect you become.

You could also look at it like this: The greater you become, the more people begin to envy you and hate you.

Or if you wanted to relate it to KH, then seeing as the darkness feeds on light, it could mean that the greater your light becomes, the greater your darkness becomes. In a way, it's a kind of foreshadowing. Sora stepped into the light and accepted the keyblade, and he ended up a heartless eventually.

4. AwesomeBoyAlex

AwesomeBoyAlex New Member

Thats my favorite qoute...

5. Fullmetal

Fullmetal New Member

Eh. I see it that since Sora is the wielder of the Keyblade, he has the most pure light of any of the characters in the game. But, just as your shadow becomes larger when exposed to more light, Sora is the most prone to the darkness in the series because of all that light.

6. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

We know that's not true!

I would say Sora would be the least prone!

7. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Angel, I think what Fullmetal is saying is that since Sora is the wielder of the Keyblade, he is more likely to be targeted by forces of darkness. So basically, the quote was a warning to Sora; "Being a Keyblade Wielder is dangerous!".

8. Fullmetal

Fullmetal New Member

Yeah, that's exactly waht I was trying to say. And when it comes to the most "pure" light, I meant at the time. Yes, Ven probably has light, maybe even Roxas. But, at the time of the original Kingdom Hearts, these characters were quote-un-qoute irrelevant. Roxas and Ven was never really important until Kingdom Hearts II.

And Ven not even really until Birth By Sleep. Yes, Kairi has light, but not as much as Sora. Riku probably has light to considering he can weild the Keyblade, but it's overpowered by the darkness within.

EDIT BY Angel: Remember not to double post!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  9. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Kairi's a Princess of Heart; her heart is pure light. She has more light in her heart than Sora.

10. Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts New Member

I think it means the more powerful Sora becomes by using the power of light , the stronger and more powerful the dark enemies that will oppose him become.