• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What anime are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by Nova, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

If you're watching one, what is it and rate it.

7/10
    I am in the process of watching Soul Eater. Good so far but not as much as other anime I have watched

2. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Soul Eater's manga is slightly better I feel. At least at the point they split.

3. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Started watching One Punch Man (got into it over labor day weekend while slightly buzzed in an upstate New York hotel room). Not sure about what I'd rate it. Maybe 6 or 7 out of 10. I know it's meant to be a parody and all, but I can't get over that it more or less falls into the same kind of rut as DBZ, where the main feats pretty much fall onto one character's shoulders. Granted it's more forgivable in this situation, seeing as said character is the namesake of the series.

4. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Onepunch Man I feel is good, a bit overhyped, but it's real draw seems to be the supporting cast since Saitama himself is a walking parody.

5. Nova

I've been told this. usually I never get around to reading the Manga though. maybe in this case I'll try.

6. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

The manga usually has a better story since most animes jump the gun and animate before the manga has a decent story to tell. One case would be how bad the anime of Tokyo Ghoul ruined the mangas plot or how they even ignored all the ideas it's author wrote out for them (like full scripts). On it's own, if you haven't seen the manga, the anime of TG is ok though.

Not that I advocate hounding anyone to read the manga but if you find the anime lacking they're worth trying. :3 There are very faithful adaptions though. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Mushishi and Attack on Titan are very faithful to their source material.

7. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I just started Blue Drop. I've heard good things about it, here's hoping it's good!

Nova likes this.
  8. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

never heard of it. Let us know how it is :D

Nova likes this.
  9. Nova

I've enjoyed Attack on Titan so far. It's brutal for sure but the plot is interesting.

10. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Another one that I started watching before moving temporarily (ultimately to a place with poor internet), was Akame ga Kill. I resorted to watching it online, and got interested in it. I feel like I should probably get back to watching it while my connection is stable.

Taboo Sho likes this.
  11. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Then you'll love season two or the manga. The last chapter had the best plot twist I've read in ages.

12. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

April cannot come soon enough *Practices my Survey Corps salute*

I am keeping up with several currently airing winter animes (is anybody else watching anything?).

So, the four I am watching include:

ACCA13 which is turning out to be amazing. It was dragging a bit at the beginning, but picked up more around episode 7. One of the plot twists made me tear up.I love how relaxed Jean's character acts or seems to be. It has turned out to be my favourite of the season. 8.5/10

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. A decent anime; I like the comedy aspects but some things are getting a little tedious now. I LOVE Kanna though! She is absolutely adorable.I would adopt her. Who would have thought dragons were so lovable? 8/10

Masamune-kun no Revenge. I am getting quite annoyed with this one at the moment. There is just too much unnecessary drama and random love interests. I was getting to like Aki too and I was hoping that Masamune would not enact his revenge... But my opinion is starting to change. I do not enjoy this new Fraud Masamune guy... 7/10

Chain Chronicle
    . The first episode of this was terribly confusing because it is a continuation of some games that I did not play. The story is really nice though and I did not feel too lost after the second episode. I like how it has a JRPG story and Aram has a good amount of determination. I have good vibes about the ending (I am not watching the movies, so I will see the ending on Saturday)... Yuri better smarten up. 8/10

Oath likes this.
  13. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I've never even heard of those animes. o-0 Then again Webtoon has kinda taken over my series life haha.
    I've seen a lot of that Maid Dragon anime around but not sure if it's my kinda thing.

14. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

Yeah, Maid Dragon is all right, but it is not the best thing ever. It makes me laugh at times (Fafnir is beautiful and my spirit animal), but somethings are overkill and getting to be less amusing.... Like Lucoa and her.... You know >_>'

Are you going to be watching spring anime? I have 9 series that I will be watching... Honestly, all of the best animes are coming out in spring whereas winter was disappointing. DanMachi is back!!! I loved Aiz passionately, so I cannot wait to see the Loki familia in action.

15. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

My current anime are:

Dragon Ball Super
    Samurai Jack(IT COUNTS)
    Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

I know, what a twist with that last one. But still, they are all really good and I enjoy them. I'd recommend all three to anyone who'd ask honestly.

Napoléon likes this.
  16. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

So, if you are watching Maid Dragon, are you by any chance watching Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's wish)? Just because it is currently airing as well.

I am watching Scum's Wish, but I did not post it just because it is R+. I will not post too many details except that it has quite realistic drama, so I do not mind it. (It does have some mild nudity though, so if that is not your cup of tea, it is all good.) One of the main characters, Mugi, is also a little... ... Pitiful. And maybe a little naive. 8/10

17. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I recently tried both Naruto and Boruto simultaneously. I remember Part 1 of Naruto being okay, I preferred Bleach, but given how Bleach went I figured it'd be fun to look back and see what I think of Naruto now.