• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Weather: what's it like where you are?

Discussion in 'General' started by NightShadow, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

We had our first snow the other day. Some of it has stayed but not a lot. It is definitely getting colder. But still not terribly so.

2. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Snow!? :'D Snow is my fave thing ever between Dc 1st to 25th x'D

3. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

So I guess we never did get a winter, @Derek. And while I'm glad not to have had to drive through ice this year, the flu and sickness this winter has been dreadful without the cold killing some of this shit off, and the mosquitos and bugs this summer are going to be unbearable.

Today has actually been one of our cooler days this winter. I think the high was about 40 and there has been some rain sprinkles off and on this afternoon.

4. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Well, this week, on average, has been and is fleshing out to be, the coldest that it's been for my neck of the woods since last year, I think. Evidently there's also a blizzard en route to us too; like, two feet of snow being predicted.

But that's just how it works up here: we spend all winter not getting winter, and then we get the whole thing right before spring hits.

5. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Winter in Kentucky isn't usually anything to write home about- a few snow storms bad enough to shut schools down for a few days- but usually the temps are at least cold, with highs in the 20s or so. And in the past the bad shit would hit in February and March, but this year we've had days in February when it's been close to 80. It's been weird.

6. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Don't get to excited just yet. Kentucky is fickle and I've seen it snow and get cold in April before. But for the most part all we'll have no is spurts, like a week or so, of cold so that is a good thing. What I dread most is the humidity. We've had no real winter this year so the bugs will be the least of our problems. ;__;

7. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

It is super warm here right now! Good thing I left Canada behind ;)

Actually I am just living abroad until early May, then it is back to my igloo.

Today it was 16C and sunny! Summer weather already in the Yvelines district of France. I am envious of their daily lives.

8. Oath

Oath King Bitch™

The sun finally came back. I thought it died.

Napoléon likes this.
  9. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

What is this sun and why does France have it?

Nova likes this.
  10. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Yesterday it was sufficiently warm.

Today it's supposed to drop down.

Beginning to think I should move south.

11. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

The French don't want to share it with the English. It is a little tragic, but I like the nice weather right now XD

I think that every year. I always thought California would be nice for Disneyland.

The weather today is equally beautiful as yesterday. It is sunny and 12C.

Spring is here and the bees are already abundant. I have never seen bees before June where I'm from, so it was an exciting discovery the other day~

12. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Spring has Sprung as they say. And yet, here I am at my kitchen table on my laptop in leggings, knee highs and a Zelda shirt. I hate mornings. And I hate the cold.

13. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

But I'm not English! D:

How dare you spread lies.

14. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

Correction then, the French do not want to share with anyone. France is life. Sorry if you felt excluded <3

The clouds have arisen now.... It was so sunny an hour ago. Maybe it will start raining (?) It is honestly menacing looking outside. At least it is still warm...

15. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Muwhahahaha my malice finally reached your shores. The sun is mine now.

Become and Napoléon like this.
  16. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

The sun came back for me at some points today!!

It was mostly cloudy with some light rain showers. By the time 5 pm rolled around, it was sunny and decent.

11C

17. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Finally getting spring-like storms. I'm skeptical if the warmth will last. Op blinking power.

Napoléon likes this.
  18. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

Same here! There was some rain today, but tomorrow it is supposed to be sun and clouds. We will see.

Overall, it has been beautiful here though, so I have no complaints. It beats the snowstorm my hometown (in Canada) got yesterday!

19C

19. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

lol Makes it tempting to move to warmer climates no?
    I went outside this morning and all the rain made it smell like the river outside, a sign that winters ass has finally been beat.

20. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

It does. I wouldn't mind moving down South somewhere...

River? Like, a river to go canoeing down?

It was a partially cloudy day today, but the sun did peak out. I love not needing to wear a jacket anymore, even if the locals are all still wearing one.

17C = ~62.6F
    I figured I should convert for all the Fahrenheit users.