• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Voting

Discussion in 'Mature Discussion' started by Kitty, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Yup, didn't vote this time around. Not that my vote counts anyways.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

^ Granted, if you're deep in a republican state and voting democrat (or vice versa) or your area is ridiculously gerrymandered, it can feel like that, but people thinking their votes don't matter and not voting is partly why we have a third of the population (or less) deciding everything for everyone. And a lot of the people who do vote are old as fuck and going to be dead before any negative side effects of the policies they support can even effect them, so they don't give a shit.

A lot of the races this election were really close, on the national and local level. I don't think they've officially called Georgia's governor's race or Arizona and Florida's senate races yet because of that.

What we need is ranked voting so we don't have to always decide between the same two loser parties, but that'll never happen.

3. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

That doesn't really apply to me since that's a social issue. That's outside of any individual's control, so individually whether or not I vote doesn't affect the outcome.