• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Throwdown (Wayward, Kurai, Requiem & Desert Warrior

Discussion in 'Roleplay Arena' started by Become, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

I already decided on like, the first page. I picked Sinna. Though for this, she's starting out with Noire Blade already in play.

2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

So to make the teams I first randomly assigned numbers to all of us, resulting as such:

1. Wayward
    2. KuraiKeybladeMaster
    3. Requiem
    4. Desert Warrior

Then I used a sequence generator to separate us into teams. The result is as such:

Wayward-KuraiKeybladeMaster vs. Requiem-Desert Warrior

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Funny how the random generator made it 1 and 2 vs. 3 and 4. I think it got lazy.

4. Become

Yeah. It did get lazy. Silly sequence generator. But then, what can you expect when there's only four of us? Anyways, I think we all decided on an urban setting?

I'd say post order should swap teams. So like, I'd post, then DW, then Kurai, then Reqiem.

5. Specifically, destroyed cityscape with pockets of residual mana. For the most part, I agree on the posting order.

6. Desert Warrior

Posting order is fine by me.

7. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Myyyeeeeeeep.

8. Become

Do you have an objection?

9. I think that they were simply saying "yep," just in a playful manner... at least, that's what I got from it.

10. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Kurai's got it.

11. Become

((Very well then. I suppose I'll kick this off

Setting: Destroyed cityscape, recently sacked by mages. Pockets of Mana linger about the city, which each of us can use twice over the course of the battle to augment or alter our characters' abilities within the post(s) that the Mana is used)).

The horrors of warfare were all too commonplace for the eyes of Keybearers. This, Vance Scypa was now finding out the hard way as he looked over the crumbling landscape of what had once been a vibrant urban center. It seemed that not even a single corner of the city had been spared its recent tragedy; everything was charred by flames and wrecked and collapsed by the raw force of whatever power had had its way with it. Moreover, his initial combing of the streets and what was left of the buildings had left the impression that if there had been any survivors, they had all either been captured or forced to flee from their homes.

Thereupon his lookout atop what remained of a monument overlooking the city from a hillside, Vance dropped to his knees. A certain tension gripped him throughout. "Damn it!" he shouted into the ground. "I didn't get here in time." If he had only moved more quickly, mobilized his search parties with a greater sense of urgency, he might have been able to salvage at least part of the city, or at least assure that there were solid reports of survivors, rather than mere lingering rumors that one person or another had escaped with both life and freedom in their possession.

When at last he calmed himself down enough to think things through, he whipped his right hand out before him, pulling out his Keyblade. With a mighty hurl, he flung the Keyblade straight up into the air, where it flared with the power of a Thunder spell. A signal to any search parties still in the area that it was time to pull out. He only hoped that those that had sacked the city wouldn't have left anything, or anyone behind.​

12. Desert Warrior

A lone girl wandered throughout the ruined and desolate city. She looked at the devastation that surrounded her. "I suppose it is a good thing I decided to delay coming here." She spoke with a forced smile. "I'd hate to think what would've happened if I'd have been here to witness this destruction first hand." She continued her movements through the ruined streets. Her movements were peculiar. She didn't appear to be walking. Instead it looked more like she moved with roller-skates on. And her feet gracefully slid across the ground, even though there was nothing on her shoes that would allow her to move in such a way.

Off to her left, quite some distance away, a flash of lightning ripped through the sky. At least it gave the appearance of lightning. But as Asuna immediately noticed, there were two things wrong with the notion of it being lightning. For starters the electricity moved up towards the sky instead of falling from the sky. In addition to that the electricity moved slower than lightning. It moved fast, no doubt, but not at the same speed of lightning. It was slow enough that anybody could see the path of the electricity, not the immediate flash that a normal bolt of lightning is.

And so, with constant thoughts of the area being dangerous, Asuna moved towards the source of the lightning. Still not any actual walking or running, Asuna slid across the ground. Her body sped as she moved, covering the distance much quicker than she normally would have.

13. It was mid-day, and the barren ruins of a once-grand city sprawled out across a low valley. It was cloudy, but not enough that one might expect a storm. A light wind tickled the decrepit buildings. The majority of the town was eerily quiet. It was near the edge of the town, in the middle of a formerly lavish residential district, that a deep black portal with lines of orange coursing through it ripped itself into existence. Out of the portal walked one, two, three figures, one a male, at least a head taller than the others, and the last two females who bore odd features such as dog ears and bat wings, respectively. They looked around for a moment, getting an idea of their new setting. It was the winged girl who spoke first.

"Idiots..." Sayuri stated sharply. "Who would invite us to a ruined city? It's probably a trick, Ketsu..."

"For once, I agree with the Witch," Rin added solemnly.

"Who are you calling "Witch" like that?!" Sayu barked back at the dog-eared girl. "My name is Sayuri! You can call me Miss Akiyama!"

"...And who do you think you're calling Ketsu?" the male finally spoke. His voice sounded serious, but his smile proved otherwise. "That's Ketsu-SAMA to you, Witch!" Rin giggled lightly and Sayuri turned a shade redder, but before she could retort, Ketsu continued. "But, you guys may be right. Just to be safe, I want you both in your weapon forms. That way, if anyone attacks us, we'll be prepared." Both of the girls nodded in unison, and in a flash of black light, they both transformed into katanas that Ketsu snatched out of the air. It was then that Ketsu happened to catch a flash of yellow out of the corner of his eye. Following it, he saw the tail end of what looked like a lightning bolt arcing into the sky.

"That must be the one who invited us," Ketsu said playfully. "Let's go greet him! A guest must pay proper tribute to his host, after all." The lightning had come from a hill just outside of the area he had landed in, so the trip was incredibly short. Tracking the bolt to a half-destroyed monument on an outlying cliff, Ketsu sheathed his blades and began to climb. Upon reaching the top and seeing a man wielding a large key, Ketsu brushed himself off, fixed his coat and collar and put on his most charismatic smile.

"Hello there, Master Gatekeeper," Ketsu said formally with a polite bow. He assumed that the key must have been to some large gate, possibly to the city Ketsu had just teleported to. "I assume you are my host! Yes, your honored guest is I, none other than the Ketsueki Ikuto!"

"Idiot!" a metallic voice rang from Ketsu's side. Drawing herself half-way out of the sheathe, Sayu could be seen like a reflection in the blade of the katana. "How would he know who you are? You're basically a hermit!"

"Tch," Ketsu scoffed, his gentlemanly display ruined by the Witch's snide remark. He pulled out Rin half-way, like Sayu, then planted his hands on the end of their handles and smiled at the gatekeeper. "These are my two Demon Weapons, Rin and Sayu. You're familiar with the Meisters of Shibusen, aren't you?" Ketsu paused again, then shook his head. "Ah, where are my manners. We introduced ourselves, but gave no room for a reply. What would your name be, Mister Gatekeeper?"

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  14. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Several hundred yards out, a black ball of electric-looking black goo rolled around in a piece of fabric, shards of metal and rock sticking out haphazardly. Its owner watched two figures gather atop a monument above through a spyglass, standing behind a the concrete wall of the fourth floor she stood on, noticing a third approaching from afar. The third appeared to be a wanderer to her eyes, unaffiliated with the conflict Sinna had played a direct role in. She paid the third no mind.

Drawing to the edge of a large hole in the wall, she spun her sling in secrecy, getting the maximum velocity possible for the weapon. She watched the two converse, deciding on her next course of action while shadowy black mana pooled at her feet.

They will all die. . . Sinna thought, careful that she wouldn't be seen.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  15. Become

Like a boomerang, Vance’s Keyblade reeled back about and was promptly caught firmly in the grip of his hand once more. He stood in silence for a short period, waiting to see if there was any sort of stirring amongst the rubble of a city below him. Any search parties or survivors would be drawn to the light emitted by his spell; though he recognized that the same could be true of any hostiles in the area as well. Before long, the call of signal had indeed yielded an arrival: a young boy, so it seemed, that was trekking his way up the hillside towards the monument. Though apparently a bit younger than Vance, the boy was wielding a pair of swords, as though he were either fresh out of or preparing to enter a battle.

While Vance didn’t perceive any immediate threat in the boy’s casual ascension up the hill, he kept his Keyblade close at hand. As the boy drew closer, he had the weapon drawn out at his side; if things did get hostile between him and this person, he would be sure to position it more defensively, but for the time being, it was kept casual, allowing the arrival to know that it was there.

The boy was the first to speak, to which Vance was left little room for questioning. However, the ranting between the boy, and awkwardly enough his weapons did one good thing for Vance: it dispelled his suspicions. Few hostiles would take their time getting to a potential target. Nor would they then waste their time with such friendly introductions. At least, that’s not how it would work in a place like this, where one could attack another without fear of ramifications. Therefore, he deemed that the boy was no threat to him, and was probably well out of place where he was.

“Vance Scypa,” he said, stating his name simply and quickly. “And though you’ve weapons at hand, you’d best be gone from here. It’s not safe to linger in a place like this for too long. Not without company. Surely you know what happened here.”​

16. Desert Warrior

Asuna continued speeding towards her destination. As she moved throughout the city she began to understand the layout more and more. Many of the roadways had been blocked off by rubble. It was surprising to see how many of the buildings were still standing. That being said, Asuna still moved throughout the city, doing her best to avoid the rubble and keeping a level path. Bobbing and weaving throughout the city, it seemed as though she had crossed the entirety of the city to reach her destination. And reach it she did as she approached the hilltop where the flash of electricity had been earlier.

Of course her arrival did not go as plan. This, of course, was actually more beneficial. Instead of slowing down and stopping upon arrival Asuna's body had continued moving at the same speed as before. This caused the hilltop to be one gigantic ramp for her. She flew into the air, moving above the heads of the two individuals conversing atop the hill. She twisted her body to get a better look at the pair, perhaps only slightly less confused than they were. Admittedly a random girl suddenly leaping over their heads would leave somebody utterly confused.

Asuna saw the thing that these two strangers had in common. They were both holding weapons. For Asuna, personal experience dictated that people who held weapons out in the open like that were bad news. Rapier immediately in hand, Asuna looked as though she had stopped in midair and was crouching against an invisible wall. She then pushed away, redirecting her body a different angle away from these two individuals. No sense in lingering around them. She figured it would be better for her to leave before they had any chance to attack her. Landing on the ground a bit away from the hilltop Asuna stole a quick glance back at Vance and Ketsu before starting to run away from them.

17. “Vance Scypa, and though you’ve weapons at hand, you’d best be gone from here. It’s not safe to linger in a place like this for too long. Not without company. Surely you know what happened here.”

"What happened here...?" Ketsu repeated with a blank look on his face. "But wait, then that means... you weren't the one who invited me?" Ketsu's face turned grim for a moment, but then lit into a smile. "Well, I suppose I got quite lucky then! It was fortuitous that you happened to be an ally. I don't know what took place here, but rest assured Master Scypa, we are quite self-sufficient." Ketsu tightened his grip on the handles of his blades.

Ketsu was about to continue speaking when he caught a flash of white out of the corner of his eye. As he turned, the flash became a girl, twisted and flipping above them with tremendous speed. Ketsu watched, mouth open in disbelief, as the girl finished her flip and landed on the other side of the monument, stealing a final look back at him before she sped over the hillside and out of sight. Two emotions began to consume Ketsu. The first was a curious amazement and the second was a primal hunger; as he saw the girl pass over him, glorious in her appearance, he wanted one thing and one thing only. He wanted to drain her of all her precious life force. Ketsu's eyes took on an otherworldly spark as walked to the edge of the monument.

"Don't take this the wrong way," Ketsu spoke, devoid of the formal rhythm he had previously used and replaced with a blunt seriousness. "But I don't think that girl means well. The way she darted around- er, above us, was suspicious. In other words, she's an enemy." Ketsu turned to Vance. "I'm going to investigate, and I'd like you to come along."

"I still don't fully trust this guy..." Sayu said in an instigative tone.

"Shut it," Ketsu commanded, leaving no room for rebuttal. Then, returning his gaze to Vance, he added: "She's moving pretty fast Scypa. Think you can keep up?" Without waiting for a response, Ketsu leapt off of the monument and began to chase the white-clad girl.