• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Throwdown (Wayward, Kurai, Requiem & Desert Warrior

Discussion in 'Roleplay Arena' started by Become, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

So ranged magic still fine?

2. This was my question as well, but from Wayward's response, yes, I think ranged magic is fine. Though, I believe the idea was to have relatively melee-focused characters (could be mistaken), so Sinna might be a bit inappropriate.

-Team battle: Agreed.
    - Tier 5 (No Ranged weaponry): Agreed.
    - Semi/ruined city with pockets of mana: Agreed.
    -Win conditions: Agreed.

So then, Wayward, you said teams would most likely be decided randomly. I was curious, what process would you use to determine them?

3. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Ranged magic is fine. I just want it to be used in tandem with melee for the sake of getting a good mix. I'd be running a sequence generator via random.org to determine the teams.

4. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Is everything agreed upon at least to the point where I can make a character?

5. Become

Well we still need Requiem to agree.

Would we rather make our characters and then determine teams?

6. This is something I was thinking about as well. Even though this answer is no help at all, honestly, I think both ways would be fun. Making a set of characters with your teammate specifically to work in sync would be interesting, but having to work with what your team is given is much more of a challenge.

Overall, if I had to pick, I'd say make characters, then choose the teams.

7. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Agree to what? I thought I had agreed to everything.

8. Become

If that's that then let's get cracking on our character sheets. We'll make things interesting and work with what we've got rather than sync our characters.

9. Desert Warrior

I suppose only Kurai's and my characters are still required. So here's what I came up with after a couple days worth of thinking over it.

Name: Asuna Charlotte Montesquieu

Appearance: Standing at approximately 5'6" Asuna simply gives off an appearance of wealth an elegance, something she tries to not do. She has snow white hair tied up in a ponytail that reaches down to her waist. Her eyes are a light grayish blue and often get mistaken as a look without emotions. There is a scar across the whole of her back that she keeps covered and refuses to let anybody else see.

Her main outfit is a white dress that reaches down to just above her knees. This dress displays her physical features and is probably the main cause of her giving off an appearance of elegance. Over the dress she wears a thin jacket of similar color, mostly to ensure that her scar remains hidden. She wears a pair of dress boots that reach half way up her ankles to complete her outfit.

Personality: Asuna is, for the most part, a coward. Her strengths and abilities exemplify this trait of hers. When in a fight she will either try running away (Something that is fairly easy for her) or dodge attacks until she can find an opening and end the fight in a single blow. To counteract her cowardice though is her loyalty. To certain people for certain reasons, Asuna is completely loyal to them. This loyalty goes above her own fears and causes her to actually fight without trying to run away or anything.

Bio:

Weapon: A rapier. This weapon also has the ability to transform into other weapons. But Asuna mostly uses it as a rapier and her physical strength inhibits her from using a heavier form of the weapon.

Abilities:
    -Sliding: As long as Asuna is touching a surface she is able to slide along it in any direction. So if she touches a wall, for example, she can slide up it against gravity even if only her hand is touching it. This ability moves in any direction and therefore is very versatile when it comes to running away. In addition to that it makes Asuna's fighting style a bit haphazard. She could look as though she's running up for a punch and then suddenly slide across the ground and trip her opponent.

-Speed: She can speed up her actions to be faster than other people. Not as fast as somebody such as the The Flash, but still fast enough to make her body appear almost like a blur. Also, thanks to physics, this speed strengthens Asuna's attacks. Landing an attack while rushing at full speed hits with much more force than a regular attack would.

-Fluidity of Movement: Not really sure of a proper name for this but essentially this ability makes Asuna very slippery. If somebody gets a hold of her (Or her long hair) she can easily slip out of their grasp. If there is an opening between two walls that somebody would usually get stuck in as they tried to go through the opening, this ability allows Asuna to slip through that opening without getting stuck.

-Air Step: Asuna is able to do what amounts to jumping in air with this ability. She can change the direction of her movements in air as though she was jumping off something solid. It is only used for movement changes, therefore she cannot float in the air with this ability.

-Flash Strike: Making use of her speed Asuna is able to quickly stab her target multiple times. The sheer speed of this attack makes it difficult to block every single stab.

-Single Stroke Block: Asuna is able to swing down her blade with enough force to block any oncoming attack. She cannot constantly do this, so it is one block and then retreat and not continual blocking. Also if the attack were to do something like explode, she is not protected from the attack's blast radius if she happens to deflect the attack into the ground right in front of her.

Gonna make the bio part later. Figured I'd ask for comments and whatnot to possibly tweak her character before the fight starts. And for all intents and purposes that loyalty thing will extend to her teammate as well. If not for the entire duration of the fight, at least some point during the fight.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  10. Yes, sorry about that. Rest assured, I am working on my character, but after several hours of conceptualization and writing it is only about half done... it will become apparent why when I showcase the character, but for now, I ask for your patience. I will try to have it done by Friday, though I'm going to work on it right now and might be able to get it done sooner.

As for comments on your character, DW, I think she's very interesting. I don't think anything really needs tweaking. I don't particularly like her personality, but that's just my personal taste. The name and the rapier remind me of Asuna from Sword Art Online.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  11. Desert Warrior

Because they're two completely opposite characteristics? It's an idea I've had bouncing around in my head for a while.

I've really gotta get around to watching that. Or reading it since I know where to find some of the novels translated. But since I haven't seen anything from SAO I can promise you that my character is in no way influenced by any character from SAO.

12. No, I actually think opposites in a character's personality makes them feel a bit more realistic, as we all have our contradictions. My main issue with the personality is the wanting to end fights in one blow or running away thing, though again, it's just a matter of personal taste.

Not too surprising, since the only things that are similar are the name and weapon; their personalities are completely different. SAO is pretty good, not the first anime I'd recommend, but I'd say it's worth watching if you like shonen.

13. Alright, it's about time I made a post. Incidentally, sorry for double-posting.

First off, I must apologize to you, Wayward. When I made this character, I became extremely enthralled in it and created template longer than anything I've made in the past. However, most of the information is story-related and thus not pertinent to this thread; in short, I apologize for wasting time creating the extraneous details of my character.

Next off, I must ask for all of your approvals, Wayward, DW, and Requiem, because the character I have created is not one, but three. Allow me to explain; in the anime Soul Eater, there are a race of humans called "weapons" that are able to take the forms of various weapons. There are also people called "meisters" who wield these weapons. I have created a meister and two weapons. For all mechanical purposes, they will act as one character (the weapons will stay in weapon form during the whole fight). Is this alright with everyone?

For reference, I will post the most relevant parts of the template to this thread (there isn't nearly enough room in this post to put the entire template):

Basic Information

[Meister]

Name: Ketsueki Ikuto (though he will insist people call him Ketsu-sama)
    Age: Lost count around 300, appears to be in his late teens/early 20’s
    Race: Vampire
    Universe of Origin: Soul Eater
    Homeworld: “Soul Eater” Earth
    Current Residence: His manor, deep within a little-known area called Kurokiri (Blackmist) Swamp.
    Current Occupation: No formal occupation. He spends most of his time loafing around in the extravagance of his manor. Occasionally he will complete tasks for Shinigami-Sama, though this is fairly rare.
    Appearance: Ketsu.jpg

[Weapon-Sayu]

Name: Sayuri Akiyama (Sayu-tan for short)
    Race: Witch(Bat)/Demon Weapon
    Current Residence: Kurokiri Manor.
    Current Occupation: None. In fact, she detests work and will go to great extents to avoid it.

[Weapon-Rin]

Name: Rin Yukimura
    Race: Demon(cerberus)/Demon Weapon
    Current Residence: Kurokiri Manor.
    Current Occupation: Head Maid and Servant Master of Kurokiri Mansion.

Appearance: (Rin is on the left, Sayu is on the right): Rin and Sayu.jpg

Combat Information

[For this section, all three characters’ information will be condensed as one, making the assumption that, in combat, Ketsu will be wielding Rin and Saya]

Weapons

Rin Yukimura- The weapon form of the Head Maid is a homely but sturdy katana. However, when Ketsu uses it, his soul shapes it into a new form. Still a katana, the blade turns black and the wrapping of the handle turns orange. The handguard also takes on the shape of a stylized pumpkin. Being that the blade is a Demon Weapon, it is much more durable than an average weapon, only prone to breakage when Rin herself is close to death. In weapon form, Rin measures just over three feet, having an elongated blade and nearly a foot-long handle.

Sayuri Akiyama- The first Witch/Weapon hybrid, made and used by Ketsu. Her standard form is a glossy steel katana with a black and red handle. When she is wielded by Ketsu, her form changes to an orange-bladed katana with a black-wrapped handle, with the handguard resembling a witch’s hat. Sayu shares Rin’s durability, but Sayu is nearly half a foot shorter than Rin, reaching a total length of just over two and a half feet.

Abilities

Vampiric Nature-Ketsu: Ketsu has several abilities that are granted to him from being a vampire:
    ---Regeneration: Ketsu passively regenerates from small wounds, making a battle of attrition against him nearly impossible. However, he is unable to heal larger wounds in stressful situations (ie. during combat). For small wounds, regeneration will usually be complete in 1-2 posts depending on the severity of the wound. Examples of a “small wound” include any bruises and flesh wounds, as well as minor magical and unnatural damage (which takes a bit longer to heal), while a “large wound” would be anything that damaged Ketsu’s bones or organs, or caused extensive muscular damage.
    ---Inhuman Speed: As most Vampires of legend, Ketsu is able to move extremely fast. Despite the laws of physics, this speed boost does not make the action any stronger. Ketsu is only able to use the ability in short bursts. When Ketsu makes an action with Inhuman Speed, such as dashing toward an opponent or speeding up a slash, Ketsu cannot use Inhuman Speed again for two posts.
    ---Lord of Undeath: Ketsu has the ability to create and control undead minions, ranging from skeletons to undead dragons (though, obviously, he must have the corpse to create the minion). Controlling minions takes more energy and attention depending on the amount and the power of the minion. He can control a handful (3-6) Human or similar power level creatures without expending enough energy to fatigue him, though controlling any more than three will command his full attention. For more powerful minions, his full attention is required and he will become fatigued each post he controls them. After 3 consecutive posts, he must relinquish control of them or collapse from exhaustion.

Hallow’s Eve Magic: Using the Witch powers that lie within Sayu, Ketsu is able to cast several halloween-themed spells through Sayu’s weapon form. Doing this fatigues Sayu, to the point where Ketsu cannot cast a Hallow’s Eve spell on two consecutive turns, or else Sayu will faint. The spells are as follows:
    ---Blast-o-Lantern: Ketsu hurls a pumpkin-shaped ball of energy out of Sayu’s weapon form, creating a roughly 5’x5’ explosion on impact. Can be thrown up to around 30’. Can be shot so that it comes up in an arc and falls on the target or it can be shot straight at them.
    ---Mummy's Grip: Ketsu wills magical bandages into existence that fly out of the tip of Sayu’s weapon form. They can stretch up to ~30’ and will grab an enemy they come into contact with, wrapping to constrict them. While the bandages are fairly easy to break, being bound by them will fatigue the enemy.

-------------------

Should anyone want to read the full template, it will be posted to my Profiles thread when I'm finished with it. I would post the personalities and such as well, but it's a lot of info for three characters.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  14. Become

Everything looks good so far. I daresay that Desert Might be able to get away with a little more than what he's got. But then, it all fits his character's persona as is. Ketsu is just fine as well.

15. I was thinking this as well, upon reviewing Asuna a second time. Other than her sliding ability, I'd say she's hardly on the level of an elite Jedi Knight (the reference used for tier 5). Maybe one or two more abilities would help bring her on the level.

16. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

My only complaint here is that Ketsu feels like he breaks into Master territory rather than Knight, but I could be misinterpreting it.

17. Really? I though an elite Jedi Knight was pretty powerful, but I could be incorrect (could be a confusion that was caused by the different visions of Jedi Knights in Star Wars; for example, in movies IV-VI, Jedi were not all-powerful beings, while in other renditions, such as Star Wars: The Old Republic, they are immensely more powerful). Since Wayward said he was okay, I'm curious about DW's thoughts on the matter. If he thinks Ketsu is too powerful, I will consider changing his abilites, though each one is limited by uses per several posts or per battle, so I was hoping it'd be alright.

Requiem, assuming you're using Sinna, I'm not sure how you think Ketsu is too powerful. While the abilites aren't of the exact same power level, Ketsu has five abilities while Sinna has 12. Not trying to call you out or anything, just curious what parameters you're using to determine power level here.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  18. Become

Would Vance Scypa be overkill for this one?

19. To be honest, now I'm a bit confused what tier 5 entails... I thought Vance and Ketsu were easily tier 5, but I guess I was mistaken?

Looking at it again, I have no idea why Ketsu is too powerful but Vance isn't... maybe I just can't get past bulk of abilities roughly equating to power level. That could also be the reason Asuna gave off the feeling of being slightly underpowered.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  20. Become

He's not too powerful. He definitely fits the bill for a tier five.