• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

the remaking of FF7

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy VII' started by RoxasZ4, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoxasZ4

RoxasZ4 New Member

i kinda started to like cait sith a lil bit in DOC but he was on a fat moogle.
    FF7 can bring in the money its one of the most popular FF games all final fantasy fans have played it nd at least gotten through the game.

2. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

I have not played FF7 but maybe there could be new mini games, towns and items aswell as updated graphics

3. Chocobo Dyl

Chocobo Dyl New Member

This would have been great if I hadn't already forked out the money for the original. Plus, because lots of people won't buy it and because of the cost of the project (not a simple port) they would have to put the price up to around £40 (that's around $55) which would put even more people off.

4. No.III Xaldin

No.III Xaldin New Member

i think you are both right, they should be done

but video game sales are down by a certain percentage, so they are gonna make more or remake the popular ones just to be back on top (that is the taking advantage part)

5. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

They're reporting/remaking a bunch of classics from back in the day, I hardly see what's stopping them (the companies).

Red alert 2
    Chrono Trigger
    All the Early FF games
    Mana Series (I think?)

There are more, I just don't pay attention to any others.

6. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I think, in the long run, that they are only hurting themselves by focusing on remaking and continuing on the older games, because I think to an extent that they are neglecting the new games. Take XII- it may have gotten great reviews by critics and it may have even sold well, and it is an okay game, but it's just not beloved like many of the older games. And from the reviews I've seen, here and in other places, XIII is just as 'meh'. I think the declining quality will eventually cost them fans.

Though I suppose they'll be so busy rolling in the money they get from all of these remakes/spinoffs that they won't even notice.

Well, I guess I'm just really, really cheap, because as nice as those additions might be, I still can't see myself forking over the money to buy a remade VII.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  7. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Personally I'd LOVE to see Final Fantasy 7 remade in a similar fashion to how 13 is worked. Free roaming looking similar to 13 or Kingdom Hearts, much better graphics, voice acting, etc. HOWEVER, I'd have gripes if certain things changed:

The Battle System: Not that I hate the system in 13, I love it, but leave FF7's system alone. It's a remake for a reason, don't mess it up by CHANGING it, reMAKE, not rePLACEMENT.

Mini-Games: Keep all of them for GOD's sake, when games are remade and the creators leave out things that not everyone found/cared about, it infuriates me. And do NOT make Yuffie and Vincent mandatory characters. They were OPTIONAL in 7, don't make them mandatory just because someone saw advent children and doesn't understand where they are.

And above all else, cater to the REAL final fantasy 7 fans, not the people who played half of disc one and have decided that it's the "Best Final Fantasy ever!" just because everyone else thinks so.

8. Kitty

I would agree with keeping them optional, but if you do get them in your party, I'd like to see them taking a part in the more important scenes.

This is my problem with the idea. If they don't add or change enough, it won't be worth it to me to buy another copy of the game, but if they change too much, it will be a replacement, not a remake, like you said. This is why I'd rather they just leave VII alone.

9. No.III Xaldin

No.III Xaldin New Member

if they keep it to the way they remade FF III and IV, then it is ok (story wise and gameplay)

but, if they take just ONE thing away from the original, then it shouldn't be called a remake

10. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Personally, since 7 is my first and favorite final fantasy, I would buy a remake that is roughly the same, just enhanced haha

11. Kitty

^ I think a lot of people would. Money-wise, I'm sure this is a great idea for S-E. I just don't really approve.

12. alchemistz

alchemistz New Member

Remake "Possibility"

Here

"So far, Square Enix has said that a Final Fantasy VII remake would be "unrealistic," "tough to do in HD" and "not happening." But hold out hope, die-hards, because during an interview at FFXIII's launch party, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada finally admitted that the company is "going to explore the possibility" of revisiting the classic RPG. He didn't completely reverse the long-held position, as he says Square Enix has to decide "whether or not we're going to do it, if we're going to do it, and the platform," but he did finally admit that there have been a lot of fan requests to see the game in a new form, so he's giving it some solid thought.

Of course, the huge success of the game's re-release on PSN probably didn't hurt either. If Square's convinced a remake will sell (and people will play through Gaia yet again, possibly even on yet another platform), we'll probably see it somewhere sooner or later."

13. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife New Member

I would love a remake of FFVII. As long as it is the unaltered game. No changes to anything except graphics. I want to enjoy the game that I grew to love, not some altered to be far worse game. I think that the game has done good enough to get a remake for a High-def system. As long as nothing is changed, it's cool with me.

14. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

Well if Square makes a remake of Chain of Memories, I don't see why not.

15. Metallicat180

Metallicat180 New Member

I would go out and buy whatever console a remake was released on just for that game and that game alone!

16. Kitty

Please don't post in topics dead for a month or more. Make a new thread if you want to keep discussing a remake of VII.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.