• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

The July side-quest

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XII' started by EtherealSummoner, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

DX I HAVE FOUND AN INTERESTING SIDE-QUEST WHICH I KNOW THAT ALMOST EVERYONE TENDS TO MISS! Here is the link and I give wildhazz who have found this credit! If you can't find it, here's the reading.

Final Fantasy XII PS2 CheatsJuly, The Female Spy the side-quest

side-quest you can miss during the game

July, The Female Spy the side-quest
    This event can only happen after Tomb of Raithwall event and before story
    reaches to Mosphoran Highwaste.

- First, head to Nalbina and find two guards who block the way to Mosphoran.
    Talk to July sitting away in front of them knowing she is undertaking a job,
    and she wants to end it and back to Archades.

- Close to the guards and listen to their discussion.
    The Senior Guard told The Junior Guard
    The Senior Guard told The Junior Guard not to leave his post not ever what
    happen. But the Junior Guard said he can't bear the smell of chocobo.

- Hire a chocobo and drive this guard, he will scream and run away.
    Junior Guard's family is Chocobo Gardener, and always get the smell, he work
    hard and save the money to buy a perfume from Viera to cover this disfavored
    and married his wife. This is t
    he secret he keeps all the time. That's why
    Julie was hired to search for.

- After that, July turns to you and thank.
    She pursues you to come Archades for the reward. When you reach to Imperial
    City of Archades, find her in the magic shop and get your reward, which is
    Salamand Halcyon. It's a treasure to trade for Arcturus (Atk +44) gun type weapon.

That sidequest can be missed if you finish the story events at Mosphoran Highwaste.

it most be done before reaching that place.

2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I find it a little sad that you didn't know about this before. It's how you get the Zodiac Spear right after Raithwall's tomb.

3. EtherealSummoner

I know how to get the Zodiac Spear (I kept on collecting those treasure chests out of that room where the party gains back their equipment in the dungeon that kept me from getting the weapon at Nabudis.) but I never did know anything about this July quest. I did say that this was a side-quest that can be obviously been overlooked. Even I thought that it was just a normal conversation. I always talked to the woman and watch the little talk between the two guards but I never did think that it was an actual side-quest.

Well, not "almost" everyone. Some people. I am that some. Even an expert final fantasy player can miss some things Desert. XD Lucky for me, I have a file with Larsa in it that actually have July in the game so I can try that thing out or just keep on playing on my redo file.

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I didn't know about this side quest either, though it's not interesting enough for me to find a saved game and try it now. I think I'd talked to the spy chick and heard the guards talk, but never did anything else with it.

How does this sidequest tie into that? Just curious.

Edit: Think I answered my own question. I'm guessing you need to drive the guard away from the Highwaste in order to get to the Necrohol?

5. EtherealSummoner

I really don't find that quest necessary to get to the Nechrohol. You can just fight that dinosaur tyrant that resides within the Dalmasca Westersand to get to the Moshporan Highwaste.

6. Desert Warrior

But that is more difficult. Going through that side quest without having a guide to tell you what to do will take you a while, and then the Earth Tyrant himself is a bit too strong for somebody who is trying to get to the Mosphoran Highwaste ASAP.

7. EtherealSummoner

Um... you can always have Lord Larsa in the group. that is easy.

8. Desert Warrior

Never found group members to be extraordinarily useful. If somebody plays through the game at a normal rate, by the time they have Larsa in the group and fight the Earth Tyrant, they will still be too low a level to not risk being defeated. And it is pointless to wait until getting Larsa. You can get to the Mosphoran Highwaste before getting Larsa in your party again just by doing the July sidequest.

9. EtherealSummoner

Nah. I always just fight against the Earth Tyrant regardless. ??? And what do you mean too low of a level? I never be low of a level to fight against Earth Tyrant (Probably because of me wanting to complete the bestiary and doing the hunt quests.). Even so, Lord Larsa can heal and he was even able to help me a little bit against the Espers. Besides, I always did thought that July came when Lord Larsa joined the party.

10. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I found them handy enough to have around in general, and even more so during some of the more difficult marks.

I have to say that I never found the Zodiac Spear particularly awesome, best weapon in the game or not. I mean, I used it once I got it, but I picked it up fairly late in the game and never felt like I was missing out by not getting it sooner. But if I had known that this July sidequest would lead to a way of getting it earlier, I probably would have done it, since the sidequest appears painless, unlike some others. And I agree with DW- this sidequest is a better way than fighting a probably difficult boss (can't say I remember him, to be honest) at what would probably be too low a level, unless you're the type of player that spends hours just killing monsters to the point that you're overlevelled for that section of the game.

11. EtherealSummoner

Really don't care. All you would get is some Salymycon or other item. To me, taking hte other way is fun and yet, more challenging. Besides, I would rather have Lord Larsa with me around level 40. Seriously, I had Lord Larsa at level 38 and when I took him with me to Nabudis, it was torture. The best area that he can support me is in the Feywood. Thought that the July sidequest would give me something more memorable.

12. Desert Warrior

And that's why. Try playing the game without going out of your way to do hunts and stuff. The game is difficult that way.

I don't think I really used them during hunts. And I didn't find them too useful because I never went out of my way to train on my first time playing through the game. Reddas really starts to suck when he's level 55 and your main party is at least in the 60's.

That Halcyon is a good item to get. Two reasons:
    1. Halcyons in general are insanely difficult to get.
    2. That specific Halcyon is an item needed to get the second best gun (You may never use it, but if you're an item collector you'll want it).

Again, the reason why you have Larsa at that level is because you took the time to train alot beforehand. Try playing through the game without training alot. The Henne Mines are insanely difficult at level 25.

13. EtherealSummoner

DX But this is the problem. I LOVE TO EXPLORE!!! I don't just go through the story. I want to see what awaits me behind that locked door. The only game that can ever give me a challenge no matter if I even explore or just go through the storyline is Star Ocean and Xenosaga and they are insane.

As for the second best gun, really don't care. I always have used the Formalhunt on Balthier and I tend to get that gun when I have Lord Larsa in the party early in the game. The July sidequest is good but to me, I don't think that a halycon loot would excite me that much except that it would give me some gil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.