• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

The Divided sneak peak

Discussion in 'Traditional' started by Legendseeker, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Legendseeker

Legendseeker OPON Content Writer

So hello again, my people. I used to post my fan fics of The Legend of Zelda back in the day. I've been slowly working on the last of my series and I wanted to post a quick peek for a few people. Hope and Caboose, here you go.

“Dario!” Jacob yelled as everything started crumbling around him. The once mighty dragon glanced up at him as he fell through the walkway. All around Jacob, the once mighty City in the Sky crumbled and began to fall out of the sky. The only parts that stayed floating were the areas with fans holding them.
    Jacob jumped across falling walkways with Joey right behind him. He reached a stable area as the possessed dragon landed on another. Joey slid to a stop right behind him.
    “Venessa!” Jacob called out. Not even a second later, she flew up from under them and landed beside them.
    “We need to rescue all the transformed dragons.” Jacob started explaining. “It’s far too dangerous for them to be here. If these platforms fail, we’re going to have a lot of dead dragons.”
    “So I should give them a ride to the ground, is that what you‘re saying?” Venessa huffed out.
    “These are your people we’re saving!” Jacob snapped back. “If you want to watch them die, then go ahead! But I’m not sitting back while that happens.”
    Venessa glared at him. “What do you suggest?”
    Jacob smiled. “Are there any controls for the individual fans?”
    Ooccoo Jr. bounded up beside Jacob. “There are individual fan controls on each platform. They have to be operated manually the whole time though.”
    “Good. Joey, I need you to reach one of the platforms and find the controls. When you do, slow down the fan enough to where it starts descending slowly. Venessa, get everyone to the platform Joey’s controlling. When it starts descending, try to guide it to the lake.”
    “Mate, have you forgotten that?!” Joey gestured towards the dragon, who had begun flying around again. “That’s gonna stop us the second we start descending!”
    “I’ll take care of it.” Jacob said, drawing his sword. He calmly walked to the edge. “You guys get going.”
    “Mate…” Jacob looked back to see Joey eyeing the ground. “Don’t die again.”
    Jacob smiled and placed his hand on Joey’s shoulder. “I don’t plan on it. Now, start getting everyone there. I also need your other Clawshot.”
    Joey nodded, and withdrew his Clawshot. Handing it to Jacob, he turned around and started running. “Come on everyone! Follow me, we’ll get you out of here alive.” Ooccoo Jr. followed after him, yelling for his people to hurry as well.
    Venessa eyed Jacob. “Be careful, Hero. Dragons are no easy creature to kill.”
    Jacob nodded. “I intend to make it through this alive. Now, go. Help your people.”
    Venessa snorted, then took off. Jacob’s smile faded as he faced the dragon flew around. He gripped his sword and knelt down. Using his other hand, Jacob drew out his Clawshot. He waited. When the dragon flew under his platform, Jacob threw himself into the air.

Joey knew this was all a bad idea. As he raced across the crumbling walkways with a tow of once powerful dragons flailing around him, Joey cursed himself for even going with Jacob. Every gut in him had told him to just stay in his bar and live his days out in drunken solitude.
    And yet, Joey knew he would never forgive himself if he had done such a thing. Even now, when the slightest step could send him falling back to earth, he felt more alive. This was what he was born for. To help people, to serve and protect them. Especially when their very world was being torn to pieces around them.
    “Here!” Ooccoo Jr. cried out as he rounded a corner. Joey rounded it with him and stared in wonder. What controlled the fan was a giant crank on the ground.
    “Everyone is here!” Venessa shouted, now in human form. Joey couldn’t help keeping his eyes on her as she strutted past him and jumped on top of the crank.
    “Listen, my people!” Everyone turned to her. Venessa cleared her throat. “We need your help. The only way to save you is to start slowing down this fan. Once it slows down, we can maneuver down to the lake underneath us!”
    “But what about Dario?” someone asked. “He is our leader! We can’t abandon him!”
    “Dario will be dealt with!” Venessa said, her voice faltering.
    “That is not enough!” someone else yelled. “We should all be out there!” There were murmurs of agreement as people began to turn around and leave.
    “Wait, please!” Venessa called out, her eyes watering up.
    “Listen!” Joey shouted, pushing his way through the crowd. He stopped at the door and threw his arms out. “I know it’s painful. We all want to save the one we love. But right now, the best thing you can do for Dario is to keep each other alive.”
    “Dario would want-”
    “Dario would want you to live!” Joey exclaimed. The person talking stopped suddenly. “Think about it! You were all unwillingly transformed into humans! You have no idea about these bodies. All you would do is get yourselves killed. If you want to help, then help by turning this crank so Venessa can get us to safety!”
    Despite all the noise that was going on outside, it became oddly quiet inside of the room. Joey was breathing heavily as everyone stared at him. Slowly, people turned back and began pushing the crank. Venessa jumped down and ran over to hug Joey.
    “Thank you! You convinced them!”
    “Uhm, yeah…” Joey stammered, patting her back. “No problem. I’m gonna start on that crank as well.”
    Venessa backed off and nodded. “I’ll wait outside. Let me know when it’s time.” she took off out the door.
    Joey sighed. “Let’s get to it!” he ran forward and grabbed an available lever.

As he shot through the sky, Jacob had only one regret; and that was that he didn’t really think his plan through enough. As Dario shot underneath him, Jacob aimed the Clawshot and fired it. The claw latched onto one of Dario’s back paws. Jacob was snatched from his freefall and began swinging back and forth. As he gained momentum, he started retracting the claw. He shot past Dario and shot the Clawshot again, which looped around Dario’s neck. He withdrew the other Clawshot and aimed it at one of the gratings. He fired and watched it latch. Thinking quickly, he locked the Clawshot around Dario’s neck and starting retracting the other Clawshot.
    Dario roared in anger as he was swung around and crashed into a platform. Jacob retracted the Clawshots and landed on the platform with Dario, rolling in front of him. Jacob instantly jumped to his feet and raised his hands.
    “Dario! It’s me, Jacob! We have returned successfully with what you wanted! Now please, control yourself!”
    Dario roared at him, then threw his head down. Jacob drew out the Dominion Rod and spun it around where Dario caught it with his teeth. The dragon reared up in anger. Jacob fired a Clawshot past Dario and it connected to the pillar behind him. Jacob shot past the dragon, retracted the claw, then turned in mid-air and shot it around Dario’s neck. He jerked the chain and flew over the edge as Dario slammed into the platform.
    Jacob retracted the claw and shot it at the closest platform, just barely missing the flame that blazed past him. He turned to see Dario climbing to his feet and glaring towards him. Dario broke off a piece of platform with his mouth and chucked it towards Jacob. Jacob unhooked the claw and turned himself in mid-air as the platform flew past him. He turned to see Dario flying towards him, mouth wide open. Jacob aimed a claw away from Dario and started pulling himself away. He drew his sword with his other hand and swung it as Dario loomed over him.
    Dario cried out in surprise as Jacob’s sword sliced across his nose and crashed into a pillar. Jacob swung around and landed on a walkway. Dario hit the ground and spun around, charging Jacob. Jacob began running down the walkway and drew out the other Clawshot. He turned just in time for Dario to spin around and swing his tail towards Jacob. The Hero threw himself to the left as the tail broke through the stone. The entire walkway crumbled away, leaving Jacob to start running on broken pieces.
    Jacob leaped onto the platform just as the last stone crumbled away. He rolled from the edge and got to his feet just as Dario landed. They stood facing each other as the wind began to blow harder. Each corner of the platform had a pillar rising out of it.
    Jacob was the first to move. He charged at Dario, who roared and blew fire at him. Just before it hit, Jacob fired a claw at one of the pillars. He shot to the side as the flame missed him. He was surprised to find that the pillar rotated around with his momentum. Jacob swung around the pillar and let go, flying straight at the dragon. He lashed out with his foot and connected with Dario’s eye. The kick sent the dragon stumbling a few steps. Jacob landed on his feet and made a dash for another pillar. Dario roared and swung a claw at Jacob, but missed as Jacob fired yet another claw at the pillar and launched into the air.
    Jacob spun around that pillar and let go as well, this time firing another claw in mid-air and missing Dario’s attack. He spun around that pillar and launched himself over Dario. Aiming another claw, Jacob was suddenly knocked out of the air by Dario. He smacked the ground and cried out in agony.
    Dario stood over the Hero. Jacob looked him in the eye. “Finish me then.”
    Dario merely raised a paw and brought it down. Jacob grabbed his sword and thrust it through Dario’s paw. The dragon roared as the sword protruded through the skin. He pulled it back and brought Jacob up with it. Jacob fired a claw past Dario and shot past him, slicing Dario’s neck halfway through. He landed on the other side with blood all over him as the dragon stumbled around and fell to the ground.
    Jacob stood up and began wiping the blood off his sword as he walked away from the body. Suddenly, the platform tilted, sending Jacob stumbling towards the edge. He steadied himself and turned to find Dario slowly standing up. The dragon turned towards the Hero, the cut on his neck already healed.
    “Oh by the Goddesses…” Jacob muttered as he sheathed his sword and took off for the edge of the platform. Dario roared behind him and slammed his front paws into the platform. Jacob cried out as he was launched into the air. He fired a claw and rocketed away as Dario took flight after him.
    “Joey has to be doing better than me.” Jacob exclaimed as he threw himself away from a bite.

“Jacob has to be doing better than me.” Joey said at the same time as he tied a rope around the giant lever to try and keep it into place.
    It wasn’t that they couldn’t move the lever. They did just fine. The problem was that it wouldn’t stay. They had already injured quite a few people trying to keep everything still. And Joey knew that Venessa was having just as hard of a time as them. Joey wondered how long it would take for them to reach the lake. If they even reached it at all.
    After securing the rope, Joey took off out the door. He gazed around the ruins of the once great city and saw Jacob soaring through the wreckage as Dario followed him. Joey knew that Jacob was only stalling for them, but he wondered how long it would take.
    “Venessa! We need to hurry!” Joey shouted, only to be greeted with a roar back. “Fine, fine. Take your time!”
    “We should hurry!” Ooccoo Jr. said, plopping himself on Joey’s shoulders. “It’s only a matter of time before Dario spots us.”
    “Well, you hurry her then!” Joey glanced back, then gulped. “Looks like it’s too late.” Dario had found them. He clung to a floating platform and tore off a pillar. He roared and chucked it at them.
    “Everyone get down!” Joey yelled as the pillar flew at them. He took off for the building. The pillar slammed into where he had been standing and sent him rocketing into the air. Joey hit the ground and his sight went black.

Jacob cursed himself. He clung to a pillar by the Clawshot as Dario assaulted the slowly descending platform. Venessa struggled under it as Dario flung pillar after pillar. Jacob fired a claw and flew at Dario. As the dragon threw another pillar, Jacob fired a claw that hooked to it. He then fired yet another claw at a pillar behind Dario. He immediately began retracting the claw and swung the pillar. It connected with Dario’s head and sent the dragon rebounding to the other end of the pillar.
    Jacob landed as Dario stood back up. Jacob kept both Clawshots out, ready to use. “Is there no way I can talk sense into you, my friend?”
    “There is no use talking to one who cannot hear.” a voice rang out. Jacob glanced up to see Sovereign floating above Dario.
    “Sovereign! So this was you.”
    Sovereign chuckled. “Oh course! Why wouldn’t it have been? You’ve already become a pest. But at least now I don’t have to destroy this world myself. I can let my pet do it for me!”
    “Sovereign…” Jacob growled. “I will end you.”
    “Oh, will you?” Sovereign swiped his hand through the air. “I think not.”
    Screams assaulted his ears. Jacob turned to find the descending platform rapidly falling. “No!” Jacob shouted, rushing towards the edge. He felt a thud and threw himself over the cliff just as Dario landed where he jumped off. Jacob began free-falling and aimed himself towards the platform. He fired a claw at it and instantly sped there. As he got closer, Jacob fired a claw underneath the platform. He grabbed hold of a handle and saw Venessa in her human form, eyes wide with fear.
    “Take my hand!” Jacob shouted, but to no avail. Venessa couldn’t hear him over the roar of the wind. Jacob fired a claw right next to her and pulled himself to her. She flinched in surprise as he appeared beside her. Jacob held out his hand. Just as she went to go take it, the platform spun around. Venessa cried out as she flew away. Jacob instantly fired a claw in her direction, but it retracted with no avail.
    The platform continued to spin around as it fell. Jacob saw Dario appear out of nowhere and aim at him. Jacob threw himself away as Dario’s attack landed and a chunk of platform flew away, still attached to the claw. Jacob fired his other claw at the platform and flew back, quickly pulling back the claw with the boulder. Just as Dario went to bite at Jacob, he swung his fist and the boulder flew into Dario’s mouth. Jacob hit the ground, drew his sword, and fired another claw underneath Dario. Jacob flew forward and sliced through two of Dario’s legs. The dragon cried out at he tumbled off the platform and into the air.
    Wasting no time, Jacob fired claw after claw until he was at the building with everyone in it. He swung himself over the edge and soared straight into the building. Inside, Jacob saw everyone clinging to the giant lever for dear life. One of them had a hold on an unconscious Joey. Ooccoo Jr. fluttered up to Jacob.
    “We can’t stop it! Everyone here is going to die!” Ooccoo Jr. screamed.
    “Ooccoo, get in my pocket!” the Oocca immediately obeyed and leapt into his pocket.
    “I’m going to check out the fan! I may be able to get it moving again! Just hold on!” Jacob turned to leave, only to find Dario’s head through the doorway. He opened his mouth wide, as if to breath fire on everyone.
    Jacob reacted without warning. Firing both claws on either side of Dario, Jacob launched himself into Dario’s mouth. The dragon flew back from the force out of the doorway. Jacob drew his sword, shoved it into the roof of the dragon’s mouth, and fired a claw that latched onto the outside wall. It retracted Jacob out as the sword sliced through the top of Dario’s head. The dragon’s roar echoed away as he tumbled away.
    Jacob fired his claws towards the fan. Landing on one of the blades, he began to look over everything. He noticed that a boulder had gotten lodged into a crevice, blocking the blades. Jacob made his way over to the boulder as the platform still spun in the air. He could see Hyrule Lake more clearly with each passing second.
    Positioning himself above the boulder, Jacob began kicking at the boulder. He cursed out loud when it wouldn’t budge. As he tried repositioning himself, he heard a roar. An idea suddenly popped into Jacob’s head, one that seemed incredibly foolish and dangerous.
    Jacob made is way to the other side of the fans. He drove one of his claws into the boulder. After making sure it wouldn’t get loose, Jacob threw himself off the boulder, retracting the claw as it went. Another roar sounded, much closer now.
    Come on, you big brute. Jacob thought as he was flung around. Suddenly, Dario rounded the corner, his mouth open for the kill. Jacob retracted the claw a little more and managed to wrap it around the dragons neck. He immediately jerked Dario’s head up. The dragon stopped in mid-air, choking on the chain. Jacob looked with satisfaction as the boulder came out of the fans and they began rotating. The platform was already slowing down, but not enough to stop it from plunging straight into the bottom of Hyrule Lake.
    “Dario!” Jacob yelled as the dragon glared one of his eyes at him. “Your people are going to die! Are you honestly going to do nothing about it?!”
    Dario glanced down at the platform. Jacob could’ve swore he saw something change in his eyes. Almost immediately after that, Dario dove after the platform. Jacob could barely keep a hold as the dragon rocketed down. They shot past the platform and stopped just before the water. Jacob heard gasps of surprise as everyone looked at them. He glanced up as the platform was nearly on top of them.
    Jacob got both Clawshots ready, intent on attempting some way of catching the platform, when he was suddenly thrown off of Dario and landed in the lake. Water poured into his lungs as he instinctively tried to gulp in air. He slowly sank down deeper into the lake. As he stopped struggling, Jacob watched as a huge shadow flew across the water and land over him, driving him deeper into the lake.
    Jacob closed his eyes and passed out as something swam past him.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Oath and Nova like this.
  2. Oath

Oath King Bitch™

This is pretty well written. Are you going to continue writing here?