• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Tales From The Void (An Origins Private RP)

Discussion in 'Canon Roleplays (IC)' started by King of Darkness, May 14, 2014.

1. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

Genesis had prepared to step up to confront Deimos, growing tired of him speaking out against him, until Jordan firmly pressed a hand on his chest, pushing him back. Jordan, with a half smirk on his face confronted his friend, whipping his head slightly to get his hair from his face, failing a bit as it returned to cover his right eye. He looked off to the field briefly, seemingly trying to find the right words.

"And then what? I go back there, go back to Violet, say I was wrong, and then what? What do I do then Deimos? No, there is nothing there in that world but those who have betrayed ME and objectify everything that I say and do. If I were to return there, I would not simply fade into the shadows of that realm and live in secrecy. I'd be the greatest enemy that world would have ever seen. No, here, I am accepted for who and what I am. And if YOU of all people believe that I have no control over the Darkness, than I'm sure that I'm better off without you."

Jordan turned his back to Deimos momentarily, looking at the others who all, even Hilden, had a surprised look on their faces. He stared blankly down at the ground before turning back around to Deimos with his hand out.

"If you are so committed to finding your way back to the other world, then I guess this is goodbye. I wish you nothing more than the best of luck in your journey."

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Deimos turned his head and frowned not wanting to look his friend in the eyes as he spoke, "Last night... I let anger speak for me. I told you my deepest fears, believing them to be true, that you didn't have control. That I couldn't help you, couldn't be there like Violet to comfort and help you. All I was good for was battle. I was a toy, an abomination, just as you said, created to fight and defend. If you have no further use for me Jordan... then I no longer have any purpose. We both know if I go back alone Violet would kill me for not staying by your side but I just... can't stay when you associate yourself with these people, especially those two." He pointed at Genesis and Hilden before continuing, "While I can believe Kate has no ill intentions, as the vessel you should know people want to use you. These two assholes are using you and it sickens me that you either can't see it or just don't care to."

With a deep breath Deimos turned back to Jordan and shook his head, "Leave those two and I'll come with you. I'm fine with Kate, but Genesis and Hilden are both scumbags who need to die but are so good at manipulating people that nobody has realized it yet. Lose the two jerkoffs and I'll stay... This is my final offer, because frankly I don't want to leave your side Jordan. You are my best friend, and my deepest fears aside, I'll always believe in you over anybody else. So what do you say... Those two for me?"

3. King of Darkness

Jordan smirked at his ally before glancing back at the group. He looked back at Deimos then at Hilden specifically before whispering, "I believe you're...somewhat right." He walked towards Hilden and his two soldiers, the former staring intently into the eyes of Jordan, and smirked at the three. "At ease Lieutenant. No need to accompany us. We can handle it."

"Hmph, if you honestly believe-"

Genesis, again, stepped between the two, clearing his throat before beginning to speak. "If I may, Lieutenant, I would like to add my piece into the matter. You see, Jordan IS in fact of a higher rank and prestige than you, thus, if he wishes for you to not join us on our quest...." He looked at Jordan and Deimos with a smile before turning back. "....than you MUST not join us on our quest. And we both know you're never one to disobey an order."

Hilden showed no change in expression, although is was somewhat clear that he was grinding his teeth at Genesis' remarks. Without saying a word, he and the soldiers began walking back into the castle.

Jordan gave Genesis an approving pat on the back, acknowledging his worth. "You are a handy piece indeed Genesis. So, shall we-"

Kate stepped past Jordan, looking intently into Deimos' eyes. "I'm not going anywhere until this fucker takes back what he said last night, or so help me..." Her fists were tightened up as if she was prepared to fight Deimos for his remarks made last night. Although Jordan had tried to convince her to let it go, she was still not completely over it.

4. Taboo Sho

Deimos smiled halfheartedly as Kate walked up to him, "You're a feisty one aren't ya? You aren't as bad as Genome over there, I'll give you that. But let's be honest here, who do you serve? You serve Jordan, just everybody else. But you have a point, you are not a bitch like our other companion, you're more man then Genesis is and that's a compliment. Anyway, I digress. I take back what I said about you and turn it on Genesis because we can all agree he's a pussy-ass bitch yes?"

Laughing Deimos nodded with a satisfied grin, "Let's go find the piece to fix this fucker then huh?"

*Deimos Joined the Party. But did he ever really leave to begin with?*

5. King of Darkness

Genesis snickered at Deimos' remark and brushed his hair away as he smiled at Deimos. "We'll see about that soon enough, now won't we?" He Turned in the direction of the town and pointed forward. "Come along, we have a very long trip ahead of us. If we're lucky, we'll be halfway there by nightfall." With that said he began to walk into town.

Kate, still not completely convinced, continued to stare down Genesis. She only stopped once Jordan slung his arm around her and turned her around in the direction of the town. He looked back at Deimos and waved for him to follow.

"Come on, lighten up! He said he's sorry, and that you're way cooler than Genesis. That's enough right," Jordan tried to reason.

Kate, initially not wanting to, took Jordan's arm off of her as she folded hers. "Calling me more impressive than Genesis isn't very much. A Shadow is better than Genesis, because at least I've seen those fight."

As the group pressed onward into town, they began to pass small shops which sold a wide variety of items, from trinkets and charms to weapons and equipment. Only a few of the vendors took notice of Jordan, primarily the ones who sold the finer weaponry, and bowed in his presence, pushing themselves more aggressively on him. Meanwhile, those who did not know who he was or his importance merely watched the group as a whole press onward.

Jordan ignored the vendors who noticed him, and was more interested in the smaller vendors. It wasn't until one had called out to the group that Jordan stopped.

"Oh-ho-ho! Katey, is that you? Katey? Ahhh, it is! Come over here!"

As if knowing instantly who it was, Kate blushed slightly before looking at Jordan who had noticed. She punched him hard in the chest, muttering, "Shut up." She ran over to the vendor who had called out to her, who was nothing more than a small elderly woman. She held her hands and smiled down at the little old lady and happily said, "Hey Ma-Ma."

The elderly woman referred to as Ma-Ma smiled brightly up at Kate through her thick glasses. "Ahh Katey, I haven't seen you in ages! Now you know you should be visiting your poor grandmother more often than what you do!"

Kate nodded in agreement and replied, "I know, sorry Ma-Ma. I just get so caught up with work I usually never have the time."

Ma-Ma chuckled a bit before softly waving the comment off. "Oh I know. I bet you have work to do right now, hmm? That's why you're with these nice gentlemen?" She looked off at the others, only recognizing Genesis but not the others. "Oh, and you have new partners?"

"Yeah Ma-Ma. That one is actually the v-"

Jordan had walked over and crouched down to Ma-Ma's height with his hand held out. "Hello there ma'am, it's nice to meet you. My name is Jordan, while my friend here is named Deimos. We just arrived here yesterday and are already out on our first mission." He looked at Kate with an affirming nod and said to Ma-Ma, "Your granddaughter is a great team leader, I must say."

Too bewildered to speak, Kate merely watched the two interact.

"Ah, I'm sure she is. My little Katey has always been quite the leader! Now, Jordan, you can call me Ma-Ma since everyone does. And here, for you and your friend here..." Ma-Ma began searching around on her table full of trinkets until she found what she was looking for: two small, plain black diamonds that were in the shape of an indented triangle. "Those are for you two! Free of charge, of course! They're called aura inhalers. They detect your aura and turn into the color of your aura, in the form of a small swirling mist inside of them. They also provide other special gifts depending on the owner."

Jordan took them and handed Deimos one before examining his own. It didn't feel any different from a diamond, and didn't look any different, except for it's total black color. He stuck the little diamond on the inside of his collar, only for it to not change colors.

Ma-Ma, noticing, nodded at Jordan and said, "Sometimes it needs to adjust before giving n accurate color."

Jordan smiled widely and replied, "Well thank you very much Ma-Ma. I'll be sure to always wear it." He stood up was now only waiting for Kate before advancing.

Kate gave her grandmother a hug and the two said their goodbyes as she got up. The group was on the move again.

"She seems sweet. Does she always give out these little aurora inhalers?"

Kate snickered and peeled back her collar to show her own gemstone which had a blue swirl in the middle of it. Genesis did the same, only his having an orange one. "Only us and about two others in the past. You should feel lucky," Kate commented.

Jordan did feel a little lucky, seeing as he was one of few to have one. Although he was still a bit upset that his had remained charcoal black.

6. Taboo Sho

Deimos waved lightly to Kate's Grandmother as they approached and he took the Aura Inhaler Jordan handed to him and placed it on his forehead. The diamond glowed visibly before settling into a black color, just like Jordan's. "Oh. Umm, it looks like we're the same...? I thought mine would be red with power but nope. Black with Darkness. We're fucking soulmates you and I, I hope you realize that. God, I was destined to be your best friend yeah? Hahaha!"

7. King of Darkness

Jordan only glanced at Deimos, scoffing a bit before looking back at his gemstone. "Yeah...right..."

Picking up on Jordan's emotions, Kate chipped in with, "Hey, trust me, mine was black for a while. You'll get your color soon. Besides, I don't even think they do anything. Mine hasn't anyway, so what does it matter?"

Genesis curiously looked back at her and was about to say something, but Jordan's expression changing slightly changed his mind. "Well, we'll see about that, huh," he said, optimistically.

After about 20 minutes of walking, Genesis had finally led the group to the edge of the city. With the knowledge of the Cornerstone being a means for protection of any form of light entering the castle or the city, Jordan could only assume that it also provided an invisible barrier which marked the city limits.

Genesis clapped his hands together and looked back at the group. "Kate knows well enough about what lies beyond the city, but for you two I'll give you the abridged version. Outside of the city is the rest of the Void. This is the only guaranteed safe zone in the entire Void, as this is as far as the Darkness can reach from the castle, as far as we are aware. The Heartless beyond this point are feral and will attack without warning. Although the Darkness is regarded as the dominant ruler of the Void and the most powerful being, that does not mean that people will not try and kill you Jordan. Most of the people beyond this point have allowed the darkness to corrupt their hearts beyond all repair. Not to mention that there are beings out here that may even rival you Jordan, in terms of power and strength. And that's about all I can telly you for now."

Jordan scoffed and looked away momentarily. Is this guy for real? I actually have to worry out here? Shit, sounds fun... Jordan nodded and looked Genesis in the eye, "Let's go then."

Genesis nodded and placed his hand on the hilt of his blade as he prepared to walk through the barrier.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  8. Taboo Sho

Deimos stood silently next to Jordan, though his eyes were fixated on the girl that stood mere inches from him. He eyed her curiously, and he was about to turn away when she spoke...

"Nirvana, Destruction, Peace, War... Heaven and Hell have warred with each other for ages, in the forms of the Void, and the Realm of Light. You are the ones who will end this conflict."

Deimos shook his head and laughed, "Okay, I've heard that before. We're already going to fix your cornerstone so relax... Huh?"

The girl walked up to Deimos and handed him a Keychain. "Go, you are the bringer of the end. The end of war, the end of Light. You are The End Bringer. You are Caladbolg."

As the girl evaporated into Darkness a dark aura covered Deimos's arm, before, in a flash, a long, sword-like Keyblade appeared in his Gauntlet hand. "Well now, a Keyblade. What do you think Jordan? Do I look "End Bringer" material? Hahahaha!"

The blue and gold keyblade glowed lightly, and it had two small indents near the center of the blade that looked like something used to fit within them. "Whatever. A Keyblade is a Keyblade. Anyway, on we go ya?"

9. King of Darkness

Jordan had walked ahead with the group until he had heard the woman talk to Deimos, the other two having already crossed the barrier. He silently watched as the entire set of events unfolded before him, initially not knowing what to really make of it at first. It was only after Deimos had seemingly received a Keyblade that Jordan reacted in any kind of way. His raised a single eyebrow, curiosity being the first thing he felt. "Right....just a Keyblade. Did you know-"

Genesis had looked back and saw that Jordan and Deimos were not moving. "What seems to be the hold up gentlemen?"

Kate had also looked back now, Jordan blocking both her and Genesis' view of the Keyblade Deimos wielded. "Hey, what the hell is the big deal?"

Jordan glanced back at them before muttering to Deimos, "The less they know the better." He turned to the group with a hearty smile and put an arm around Kate to turn her in the direction of their objective. "Right, so which way are we headed, hm?"

Genesis cleared his throat, aware something was up but chose not to pursue the matter. "Yes, well, heading southeast from here is the fastest route. We'll need to get around a mountain about 10 miles from here and then it's only another forty miles."

"Another forty miles? Genesis what the f-"

"But, there should be a few towns on our way there so we'll have plenty of rest stops, once we get around that mountain of course."

Jordan bit his lip before sighing, shrugging his shoulders. "Fine. As long as we get some ample rest at some point."

Genesis smirked and placed his small book, carrying a map of the area, into his jacket pocket and proceeded onward, Jordan and Kate following.

10. Taboo Sho

Dismissing the Keyblade, Deimos nodded, agreeing with his friend. He followed the group closely and frowned, "Hold up lady and gentlemen. Someone, or something, seems to be following us." He eyed the area around them cautiously, searching for any sort of movement. Deimos turned to the group and sighed, "You felt it too Jordan, yeah? It's gone now... but whatever that was... the immense power radiating from it was terrifying. Genesis... is there something you haven't told us? You seem a bit on edge since we crossed the barrier."

11. King of Darkness

Jordan looked around, not feeling anything at the caliber in which Deimos had spoke of. "Nah, not a thing actually. Probably seeing stuff....or feeling stuff....weird, but whatever. But he's right Genesis, what's got you all riled up?"

Genesis sucked his teeth, insulted by the accusation. "The only thing that has me 'riled up' is the uncertainty of-"

Before he could finish, a group of at least 11 men emerged from the shadows of the forest, surrounding the now stationary group. All wearing dark clothing with either bandannas or ski masks. They also seemed to give off a purple aura, a clear sign of how deep their relationships were with the darkness. One of the members, who was about 6"0-6"2 and had a muscular build, stepped up to Deimos given he was leading the pack. "You guys need some directions? Maybe a little protection while you go, eh?"

Jordan took his arm off of Kate as he smirked at the stranger. "Nah, we're fine guy. Don't worry about it."

The man glanced behind Genesis and at Jordan, glaring dark yellow eyes. "Nah, I think you guys ARE lost. Why don't you guys pay up 5,000 munny each, and then we'll consider letting you all leave."

Jordan opened his mouth to speak, but Genesis spoke first.

"I can assure you that we are not lost. If anything, I believe you all are ignorant as to just whom you all are speaking to."

The men all began to shift in their places, no doubt beginning to draw whatever weapons they owned. Before the leader could speak, Genesis spoke first again, hand on the hilt of his blade. "However, if you wish to test my word, I have no doubt that no one amongst us would turn you down."

Kate had already had her guns at her sides, just waiting for someone to make the first move. Jordan, however, folded his arms and gave the group of men a cocky and arrogant smile.

"Trust me, you all don't want me to fight. I'll rip you all limb by limb before tearing your hearts out of your chests," Jordan said with a smile, in a nonchalant tone.

Tired of the talking, the leader took a swing at Genesis who ducked down, drawing his sword and slicing the bandit deep across the waist. As the bandit keeled over, the rest of the bandits began to swarm in on the four. Kate managed to shoot two before they were two close, and Jordan had quickly summoned his Keyblade to defend Genesis and Kate when they were not looking, killing three other bandits.

12. Taboo Sho

Deimos laughed loudly as he smashed the heads of two bandits together hard enough to burst the skulls apart, before he turned his attention to the leader who crawled along the ground in an attempt to escape. "You aren't dead yet, surprising consider that massive gash across your chest." He punched out another bandit as he made his way towards the leader and smirked, reaching down and lifting the man into the air. "You made the biggest mistake of your life when you attacked the King of Darkness. Let this be a lesson to you Genesis, in case you have any ideas to betray either me or Jordan."

And as the man screamed for his life, Deimos ripped him in half forcefully, splattering blood everywhere, a sick smile plastered on his face. The remaining three bandits watched in horror and Deimos leaned closer to them and whispered, "Run." and in a slightly psychotic manner, laughed as the bandits fled the scene.

(Wasn't sure if you wanted that to last long or not so I just ended the battle)

13. King of Darkness

Genesis smirked at Deimos as he placed his sword on the neck of one of the bandits Jordan had failed to kill, slowly dragging it across his neck.

"Honestly Deimos, I'd wish you'd hold me at a much higher respect than that. I wouldn't dare dream to cross the Vessel of Darkness or his dog," he joked, seconds away from ending the bandits life.

Jordan grabbed Deimos' hand tight, stopping him from ending the man's life. His head was held down, hair covering his face. It had now seemed almost as if someone else was standing where Jordan once was.

"And just what exactly is your problem," Genesis asked curiously, his hand trembling as he tried fighting back against Jordan's incredibly strong grip to finish the bandit off.

Jordan kept his head hung low and replied, "I'm hungry."

Genesis scoffed and said, "Well I brought food so there's no need to wor-"

"Unless you have a human heart in your little bag, lower your blade."

Puzzled by Jordan's talk, Genesis obliged before glancing at Kate, hoping she had an idea as to what he was talking about. Seeing a puzzled look across her face as well, he then looked at Deimos momentarily, hoping for an explanation.

"A man eating another's heart?"

Jordan said nothing as the familiar serpent heads of the Darkness erupted from his back. They each grabbed a dead body, with Jordan grabbing the man who was just barely alive. After retrieving his meal, Jordan began to walk away to a darker part of the forest, to eat in private and peace.

Seconds later, a horrendous scream echoed throughout the forest, before it was abruptly cut off seconds in.

Genesis, after having had to gather his thoughts, smiled and folded his arms. "Ah, I see... The Darkness feeds off of the hearts of men, but if it is contained in the heart of a weak boy like Jordan, it must manually feed itself regularly I suppose. Interesting...very interesting..."