• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Tales From The Void (An Origins Private RP)

Discussion in 'Canon Roleplays (IC)' started by King of Darkness, May 14, 2014.

1. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

Selena took the attacks and closed her eyes as the attacks hit she felt nothing as she thought about everything. She opened her eyes as a blast of dawn radiated out in all directions around her while also acting as a shield.
    The area was lit up and dark at the same time impossible to see, hear, or sense anything.
    "Good bye." A soft voice whispered within Jordan's ear as something pierced his chest in front of him. The area soon became clear as Selena stood here the X of Dawn stabbed in the monster's chest.

"Where....where am I?"

Jordan was blinded. He couldn't see nor hear anything. And then, a soft voice whispered into his ear, saying nothing more than the two words, "Good bye." He was ready to respond before he felt an intense pain in his chest. The blinding light faded and as he looked down, he saw the X of Dawn through his chest. His smile faded as his face turned to one of no emotion. His body began to morph back to the way it was before, his eyes turning to the old gray color. He dropped both of his Keyblades, which disappeared slowly as they hit the ground, and looked Selena in her eyes.
    He said no words.

"Am...am I dead? I can't see a thing..."

Deimos' body rose again, looking towards Jordan. Perhaps having some sort of memory of servitude, or perhaps even something registered in the slowly degenerating brain of the former friend, the body limped forward towards Jordan and upon reaching him grasped his shoulders firmly. Even in death, Deimos was Jordan's friend, and he would join him, wherever they were sent. "... ... ... You're... my... friend... I'll... stay... by your side... Jordan." It took alot of effort to utter out the words but the heartless puppet smiled at being able to speak its mind freely now.​

"I can feel the ground...so that's a start."

He looked at Deimos and smirked, knowing that he'd have at least one friend in the Void. He looked at Violet one more time, wanting to say something. It was at that moment, he completely blacked out, falling backwards, and disappearing into black smoke, that faded away slowly.​

"Alright...how about this..."

Jordan closed his eyes for several seconds, before using his ruby eyes infused with the power of darkness to see through the deep dark.

"Darkness to see darkness...makes sense."

Jordan walked over to a nearby window to see dark buildings looking as though they were straight from medieval times, with modern looking citizens roaming the streets. What was more peculiar than anything was that all of their eyes were a golden yellow color. Patrolling the streets was even weirder. Buffer and more advance versions of Soldier Heartless with red eyes.

Jordan backed up a bit in disbelief before a voice above confirmed his suspicions.

"Weeeelcome hooome....Joooooordannn."

"This can't be real....I am NOT back here," resisted Jordan. "I should be-"

"Dead? And you think the Darkness would allow that," asked a voice from behind Jordan.

Jordan spun around to see a light red haired man with a red jacket standing behind him, casually reading a book. "I wouldn't think it had a choice in the matter! And who the hell are you?!"

The man in the red jacket chuckled and ran a finger across a line in the book, quoting it, "Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."

Jordan looked at the stranger with a look of confusion before quickly understanding it in his own way. "Oh haha, writing a book about me, huh? Guess that means you know me then."

"I do, but I have the slightest of interest in you, more so I do in the one that you are the vessel for. And I was merely stating a quote." The man never took his eye off of his book, ignoring Jordan's presence besides speaking to him.

Jordan, beginning to grow tired of the stranger started moving towards him before the stranger spoke once more. "Nonetheless, I must admit, that it is my pleasure to finally meet you. Genesis," he said, closing the book and looking up at Jordan.

Jordan looked at the strange man with a bit of unease. Stuttering at first, Jordan finally issued his hand out to Genesis. "Jordan."

Genesis smirked before chuckling slightly. "Of course I know who YOU are! Who in this wide world is not familiar with the New Host!" He ignored Jordan's gesture and rose up, turning his attention to the door. "Come, there is much to see and do Jordan. Oh, and do turn those lights of yours off, would you? They're blinding, really." Genesis pointed at Jordan's eyes, which were still burning red so he would be able to see through the thick Darkness that normal eyes would never see through.

Jordan held his eyes for a few seconds, trying to channel his energy into only seeing without raising the brightness or color in his eyes. In seconds, his eyes reverted back to their hazy gray color, yet he was still able to see clear as day.

"Remarkable..." Genesis muttered before walking out.

The two found themselves in front of the castle in which they previously were inside of, after descending many flights of stairs. Jordan was forced to the bottom, not able to fully explore the castle as he so pleased. The castle was connected to the town ahead only by a large bridge, due to the moat surrounding the castle. In the moat, however was no water, but only a dark abyss. Surrounding the castle on all sides but the front was a dark forest that looked as though it would never end. The trees were devoid of any forms of life with no leaves growing on them. The soil, ranged from a dark purple to straight black the further in you would go.

In front of the castle was an almost complete opposite of the surrounding. A large, quiet city lied ahead with dark, cobblestone paved streets that ran into the sidewalk. No cars filled the street, so that was most likely the reason for the street design. The only light given to aid civilians in their travels were the Slovak styled lampposts that littered the corners of every street. The peculiar thing about these lights were that instead of a yellow flame, the flames were purple, black in the innermost part of it. The houses were all connected as they ran down the streets, only separated upon entering the next block, with the occasional store interrupting every other house. The city and high businesses were much further down, so were completely out of sight, except for one large building that had a giant "X" logo on the top of it

"Hey Genesis, you know, usually the Darkness would have said something to me by now, but I haven't heard a word. Know the deal?"

Genesis looked over to the left of the castle, and into the forest, hearing loud bangs and yelling. Smirking, he turned back to Jordan and said, "Come on. Time for the Void to know you're here." He jumped off of the bridge and into the forest and began to rush off.

"Geez, this guy is starting to really piss me off," Jordan growled before following behind.

After five minutes of running, the two found themselves in what seemed like a small army camp, with only three tents set up. In the middle of the camp was a purple campfire, with a small wooden table sitting behind it. Sitting at the table was an older gentleman, who was way more fit than he should be at his age. He had an incredibly strong build with broad shoulders and large hands to go with it. His eyes were a bright orange but were not seen due to him studying some kind of map which looked to be a layout of the forest, to a degree. He took no notice to Genesis and Jordan, as he continues to study the map, trying to think of plan for whatever it was he was looking in to.

Genesis, tired of being ignore, loudly cleared his throat to be final acknowledged. "Ahem...Lieutenant Hilden? I believe I have brought someone that may be of interest to you."

"If it's another bullshit cadet that is just going to have his brains blown up in the next twenty seconds, forget it Genesis. I'm in the middle of WORK right now."

"Ah, but Lieutenant, this is the New Vessel!"

Slowly, the Lieutenant raised his head up to look Jordan in the eye, immediately sizing him up. Already, he could tell that he wouldn't like this child. It was almost an insult to think of the new vessel being just a mere boy. "Genesis, what is this sorry sack of shit you brought me?"

Jordan flexed his right hand a bit, a sudden burst of anger shot through him. "Who the fu-"

Genesis put an arm in front of Jordan, holding him back before continuing to speak to the Hilden. "Lieutenant, I thought you could use a hand with your....persisting predicament."

Hilden scoffed and waved off Genesis. "Please. This damn Heartless has killed fifty-three of MY men and they've already sent for that blue eyed bitch, the last thing we need is a failed vessel!"

The word vessel being used again reminded Jordan. He spun around and realized that even at the castle he wasn't there. "Genesis...there was another man with me when I died."

Genesis smiled and pulled out a gauntlet, radiating darkness. "I thought you'd never ask."

Jordan snatched it quickly out of his hands, not knowing what to think of it. He knew it was just Deimos' gauntlet, yet he knew it was Deimos as well. "What did you do to him?"

Genesis shrugged and replied, "Your little friend came like that. If I didn't know any better, I'd say his power, or soul if you will, is resting in that gauntlet, or took the form of that gauntlet. Looks like he lost his physical body on his passage to the Void."

Jordan stared down at the gauntlet in disbelief, not knowing what exactly to do. 'Shit Deimos....what am I supposed to do with you now?' He looked up at the Lieutenant with a smile, having concocted an amazing idea. "Genesis, hold this," he said to him, giving him the gauntlet, all while not taking his eyes off of Hilden. He shrugged at Hilden and said, "Eh, I'll take care of your problem for you. You're going to love me eventually old man."

"What are you-"

Jordan jumped onto the table before jumping over Hilden, sprinting into the forest.

"You little son of a bitch! You're going to get yourself killed," Hilden yelled at the fleeing Jordan. He was ready to take off after him before Genesis spoke aloud.

"The Darkness wishes for him to face your threat for you. A test, if you will. Tell Katey to hold off for at least ten minutes. Just like Katey...I'm sure you'll be surprised."

Jordan sprinted through the forest, bouncing off a few trees, until he found his first clue of the mysterious monster. Claw marks stretched down a path which led deeper into the forest, where the grass began to grow darker. The only bright thing about the trail was the blood of the men who tried to fight the beast, but obviously lost. Dismembered body parts grew in number the further down the trail you went, a sign to turn back now.

"And I'm running straight into that, huh? Ugh..."

Jordan continued his journey, walking down the path as far as he could go, until he found that the trail of blood had ended. He stood still, not knowing what his enemy could be. "The trail just stops...if he's not above...then where could he be?" The creature wasted little time answering the question.

Before Jordan, within the shadows of the trees, emerged a ten foot tall behemoth wearing bulky armor, protecting him from all sides, with darkness just oozing its way out.

"Heh, piece of cake. Hey bub," Jordan yelled at the giant, "you got three seconds to simply comply with my demands and come back, or else we do this the hard way." He smiled and gestured to the camp. "Really up to you."

His response was a heinous screech that didn't sound like it was going to comply.

"1...." Jordan held his hand out to his side, preparing to summon his Keyblade.

The monster screeched again, pulling it's right arm back, prepared to attack.

"...2...." Jordan opened his hand so he could summon the Keyblade, however...

The monster now swung its fist at the befuddled Jordan.

...it would not come. "....3?" Jordan took the entirety of the punch, crashing through several trees, due to the force. The crack of each tree could be heard all the way from the castle.

Jordan, after crashing through nine trees, briefly lost consciousness, before regaining himself seconds later. He shook his head as he began standing up, not sure of what happened. "First the Darkness...now no Keyblade? What the fuck is going on?!" Jordan had no time to think of why for now. He had to focus on the how. How was he going to fight a monster of this size and strength with no weapon?

The behemoth started to rush at Jordan, using the shadows beneath his feet to move him faster, trying to tackle him. Jordan rolled away at the last minute, causing the beast to crash through a few trees. Cracking his neck, Jordan started to run at the slightly damaged monster and started punching it in the face several times, hoping to crack the armor. With no luck, the monster swung its arm at Jordan, sending him flying backwards. Fortunately, he landed on his feet and began to use dark firaga against the behemoth. The monster was slowed, but not stopped, as he revealed his second set of arms, which were much longer and way more massive, to protect himself.

"Oh fuck you!" Jordan yelled in anger, not expecting that twist.

With his arms shielding him from any harm, the monster blindly rushed towards Jordan, running him over in the process.

"It doesn't sound like your "New Vessel" is doing so hot out there, Genesis," Hilden said with distaste. He looked at Genesis sternly, awaiting a response.

Hesitating already, before he could say anything, a talkie on the table with the map interrupted the tension.

"Lieutenant Hilden, do you read me? I've got Jarret staring right at our friends chest and can take him out on your go."

Hilden snatched up the talkie and replied, "Blue Devil, I read you loud and clear. Do not engage on the hostile, I repeat, do not engage. We got a man down there taking care of it as we speak."

"Tch, clearly. He's been getting his ass handed to him for the past ten minutes. Surprised he's not dead yet."

Jordan grabbed the beast by its leg and used as much energy as he could to electrocute the beast so he could temporarily stun it. The monster, froze and shook for a few seconds before kicking his foot, and sending Jordan flying once more. Much slower at getting up than before, Jordan rose to his feet with a busted lip, cuts and scrapes covering his body, and blood gushing from his forehead. "Shit....a Keyblade would be really nice right now..."

The monster jumped in front of Jordan, who now had his back against a large wall of rock, and began to pound him into the rocks, with both of his stronger hands. Each hit felt more powerful than the last, causing Jordan to slowly lose consciousness. Jordan was now being pounded into rubble, as the rocks had been crushed due to the monster's pure strength. The woods echoed into the city with each repeated hit, Genesis had turned his back to the Lieutenant, who stared in the direction of the battle with a smile.

He brought the talkie up to his face and said, "Take the shot."

"Roger sir."

Miles away, a blue haired girl was laid flat on the ground with and incredibly large sniper rifle in front of her. She looked into the scope and centered it on the beast, who had stopped his barrage of attacks, one fist still planted on the nonresponsive Jordan. "Hmph, poor kid. Oh well...time to end this..."

With no warning, the monster was sent flying back, at least eighty yards, crashing through hundreds of trees.

"What the-?"

Emerging from where the beast once was, a bruised man stood with a sharp red and black Keyblade, with darkness radiating off of it. Behind the red eyed man were two large serpents, with thousand of teeth and burning red eyes. "And where the fuck have you been," he angrily asked the serpents. "Fuck it. I don't even care."

The sniper could only see the back of the man but was, to say the least, absolutely stunned.

"Blue Devil, do you read me?! I said, what the hell was that noise! Blu-"

"Sir! It's incredible! Amazing! Th-th-this boy...h-h-he's....the New Vessel!"

Genesis spun around and pushed Hilden out of the way, sprinting through the woods to get a glimpse of Jordan. "Has he done it? He must've! All that reading and studying for this!"

Jordan smiled in the direction of the behemoth and took one giant leap, landing on its chest. The Darkness screeched and morphed into large, spider-like, legs, stabbing into the beasts chests so that he was latched onto it. From the inside, the Darkness' legs began to mix with the darkness controlling the beast, freezing it in place.

"Now, I could beat you until your nothing but gum in a wrapper. Or, I could make you a Shadow, and step on you like a bug. Fortunately for your body, it won't be harmed.....much."

Jordan raised his Keyblade and stabbed it into the chest of the Heartless, releasing it of whatever was controlling it to be so hostile.

Genesis stood on the side and stared at Jordan with the Darkness in awe. "The....Darkness..."

"Genesis," Jordan yelled. "You can jack off later. Throw me the gauntlet."

Genesis nodded, and threw the gauntlet in Jordan's direction, which was caught by a newly made head of the Darkness. The new serpent head dropped the gauntlet into Jordan's hand, who looked at the gauntlet curiously for a moment. "No idea what I'm doing, but let's give it a shot."

Jordan pulled his Keyblade out of the Heartless' chest and drop the gauntlet inside of it. He quickly detached from the beast and backed away slowly, waiting to see what would happen.

2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

As the Gauntlet sank into the Heartless, it slowly began to change. It glowed a bright red and stood up suddenly, the Gauntlet manifested itself on the beast's right arm and with the addition of two golden shoulder pads, and a golden chestplate with red lining, the Heartless cracked it's neck and... laughed.

"Oh FUCK yeah. It is good to have a body again. Ahh. Oh?" He looked around, ears twitching as he realized, "Holy shit Jordan, my senses are like 100x greater then they used to be! Like I can see hundreds of feet away clear as day. And I can even hear the breath of that girl sitting in the tree!" As if to prove his point, he gestured to the aforementioned girl in the aforementioned tree.

Deimos laughed hysterically before putting his friend in a headlock, "Damn. If I was a heartless jackass before, I'm fifty times worse now!" He looked towards Genesis and a chuckle escaped his throat, "So, are you my training dummy? I'm going to need a sparring partner to get used to this body after all!"

3. King of Darkness

Jordan brushed himself off once his friend had let go, before replying, "I took that thing out once, don't make me do it again." He smirked and walked over to Genesis. He held his arms out and smiled coyly at him and the lieutenant who had just arrived. "And there you have it. Satisfied?"

Genesis clapped slowly before brushing his hair out from his face. He gave a small, mocking, bow. "Is that what you wanted? No, no, I am sure that Lieutenant Hilden here is not satisfied, given that you really are the vessel...meaning you get to live."

Hilden sneered at the group before grabbing his talkie and radioing in, "Blue Devil, you can head on down now. I believe you should meet the new vessel."

"Roger sir."

Jordan looked over in the direction that Deimos had previously pointed out, assuming that the female he mentioned was this "Blue Devil." The Darkness began to retract into Jordan's back while Jordan's scars and bruises began to heal. He felt his jaw, rotating it, when he felt a mark on his face. He traced the curious line on his cheek with his finger, it stretching from his chin to right above his ear. The scar, no doubt, was caused in his fight with younger sister and Cole.

Cole.

"Son of a bitch scarred me," he muttered under his breath.

"Ah yes, that scar has been there since you arrived. I had figured you had prior knowledge of it so I-" Genesis was interrupted abruptly.

"No I did NOT have 'prior knowledge' of it before I got here. I got this little reminder when I died." He walked away for a few seconds, trying to gather his thoughts. He held his head as he stared at the ground until he noticed two feet in front of him. He looked up to see a blue haired girl giving him a weird look. "Can I help you?"

"You're the vessel," she asked, almost as if angry with what she was seeing. This guy was in control of the most powerful creature in the Void? That would mean that this boy was practically a God among everyone there. But what she saw looked more like a boy who came across something he couldn't understand. Who the hell is this guy, stealing my kills and being the Vessel? He's clearly not fit for the job.

"Hi to you too." Who the hell is this bitch? Does she know who I am? I could end her in a heartbeat and that's how she greets me?

"I asked were you the vessel." Smart ass.

"And I should as why you're dressed like that." Slut.

Genesis put his blade in between the two, breaking up whatever was going on between them. "Alright, alright, let's all get ourselves together now. No need for all the aggression. Yes, Kat, this is our new Vessel and if he proves himself to be, the King of the Void. So let's all play nice, hm?"

4. Taboo Sho

"HAHAHA! She totally works, and as an added bonus, beating her up will shut her up. She isn't Vio, I can't lose to a pipsqueak like her." Deimos bent down, entering a dashing stance, before charging the girl at full speed. "HAAAAAAA!"

He stopped inches from her and nudged Jordan briefly, "Tag... you're IT!" With a gleeful shout, Deimos swung his arm around and backhanded the blue haired girl, almost as hard as he could(he didn't want her dead yet after all.) "You'd be wise to be more polite to the King of Darkness, girl. Next time, I won't hold back."

A smile crossed his face and he threw an arm around Jordan's shoulder, "Well it was nice meeting you guys but uh, we've got other places to be so, y'know, gotta go. Right Jordan?"

5. King of Darkness

Kate flew back a few feet, landing on her feet as she held her cheek. She stayed silent for a few seconds to regain her thoughts.

Jordan smirked and waved to the group of Deimos, Hilden, and Genesis. "Yeah, I think I want to learn a little more about this place. So if you all would excuse us," he said, beginning to walk off.

Genesis stepped forward, yelling, "You imbecile! Do you honestly think, as the vessel to the most powerful entity in the Void, that you can simply walk away from your responsibilities? As the vessel, you must abide by such codes and regula-"

"Yeah, sorry, just don't care enough. You've got nothing to persuade me." Jordan continued his walk, gaining an extra five feet before a bullet flew past his head. Stopping dead in his tracks, he slowly turned around to see that the blue haired girl, Genesis called her Kat, had an odd looking brown pistol aimed at Jordan, while another pistol was in her other hand which rested at her side pointing downward. Whoever the hell this girl was, she was beginning to get on Jordan's nerves.

"You are property of the Darkness. Therefore, I will treat you as such. Get. Back. Here," she growled, her left eye beginning to glow a bright blue color while a blue aura started coming off of it. Calling her angry, was a clear understatement.

Jordan chuckled and took three slow steps towards her, his head cocked to the side. She had to be fucking stupid, he told himself. No one would ever try to stand to me, he reasoned. "Are you out of your fucking mind? Do you know what I can do-what I WILL do?"

"Without the Darkness, you'r nothing more than a boy with a Keyblade. You're nothing."

Jordan began to laugh, almost hysterically, at her outrageous claim. "You think I couldn't kill you without two black, sharp toothed tentacles helping me out? One on one. Me and you. No Darkness. I will end you. Period." His eyes started to glow a strong red. He was prepared to stand his ground against this girl, even if it meant having to crack a skull to do it.

Genesis took a step between the two, attempting to break it up. "Now wait one moment. Surely you both don't intend to waste more valuable time than you've both already have to simply settle a dispute which was made 30 seconds after you both met?" Lieutenant Hilden stepped back, smirking. "Blue Devil, you know I hate you and can't stand even looking at you. But you need to teach this little punk kid a lesson. Show him his place in this world."

6. Taboo Sho

Deimos shrugged his shoulders and laughed, "Good old Jordan. Without Vio here, he's as brash as ever. Not like we can actually die down here, considering we're already dead, but hey, y'know, who gives a fuck. Kick her ass Jordan!"

As an afterthought, he turned to Genesis and cracked a grin, "Ohhh, right, I almost forgot you disrespected the King of Darkness. Tsk tsk Genesis. That was very, very rude of you." Without so much as a blink, Deimos had appeared in front of Genesis and with a chuckle, punched the man square in the face. The crack that resounded from the punch caused Deimos to sigh, "Whoops. I didn't hold back enough. I guess I really just don't know my own strength hahaha!"

7. King of Darkness

Jordan, having only concentrated on Kat since the bullet flew past his head, took another two steps forward. He took a deep breath, seemingly releasing any future urges he may have during this fight of using the Darkness. He looked off to the side, eyes staring back at his back. "No help. No boosts. Just me and the girl." With no response, he looked back at Kate with a smirk.

He held his hand out in front of him, it beginning to give off a dark aura. In a flash, his Keyblade, Blade of the Condemned, appeared in his hand. He slashed the air, whipping it to his side before arrogantly asking Kate, "Are you sure you want to do this? It'd be a shame to kill you. We just met."

She replied by raising both of her guns at Jordan, waiting for him to make the first move.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Suit yourself."

It began. Jordan, with incredible speed, darted towards Kate. When he was close, he leaped up into the air, prepared to crash down onto her.

Reacting instantly, Kate threw her guns into the air, which evaporated into the darkness, before drawing the sword on her back. She held it up in a defensive position as Jordan came down on her blade with his own. She backed up, giving her enough room to think a bit before running back into the fight.

For the first several seconds, it was Kate who was on the offensive, Jordan taking small baby steps backwards from the strength of her swings. Jordan somehow was able to follow up with some offensive strikes of his own, his brute strength forcing Kate backwards, several steps per hit. While defending, Kate spotted an opening, using her left hand to form her pistol out of nothing and take a shot at Jordan.

The first shot having grazed him and alarming him of her new tactic, Jordan rolled backwards, Keyblade pointed at Kate. As Kate sheathed her sword, she drew her second pistol, again from nowhere, and began to run around Jordan in circles, shooting at him intensively. Jordan was countering by shooting bursts of fire from the tip of his Keyblade which both canceled the incoming bullets and began to cloud the terrain, making it increasingly more difficult to see.

Jordan stopped firing once he could no longer see Kate and she stopped shooting. Keyblade still held outward, he slowly circled around, trying to see something through all the smoke. "Come on out Blue Devil....stop being such a coward," he yelled out, wondering where she was, while growing more frustrated. Seconds later, a bullet shot straight through his left shoulder. He flew back a bit, the impact and speed having taken Jordan off guard incredibly. He dropped his Keyblade and looked around, trying to figure out where the shot came from. Without thinking, he began to rush off into the trees, hoping they would prove to be suitable cover.

In a large tree close by sat Kate in the branches, her sniper rifle aimed up and scoped on Jordan through its thermal scoped lens. She took another shot, missing by an inch because of the trees. Another shot, another miss. Eventually she lost him, making her jump down onto the ground. She dropped her sniper rifle and began reloading her pistols as she slowly made her way to Jordan's last location. The smoke was beginning to settle, allowing Kate to be much more effective in her search. As she checked behind each tree slowly, she was caught off guard when Jordan fell on top of her from a branch on top of her. He punched her in the face a few times before drawing his Keyblade and holding it to her throat.

"We're. Done," he growled angrily. He rose up on his feet and took a deep breath, his Keyblade disappearing and his wounds beginning to heal. Kate looked up at him with eyes of amazement as this, what she had just assumed to be nothing more than, vessel defeated her. Not only that, but he spared her.

"You're not going to claim my life?"

Jordan scoffed and held his hand out for her to get up. "Please. I'm not that vicious. I held back didn't I?"

She smiled, and grabbed his hand as he hoisted her up. "Because I told you not to."

Jordan chuckled and started to walk towards the group. "Please. I held back the Darkness. I'm talking about me." He looked back at her, with uncaring yet honest eyes. "You alright? I fucked you up pretty bad," he said, referring to her face.

She snickered and held her jaw, pulling it away immediately afterwards, the pain too great. "Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry abou-"

Jordan grabbed her by her chin and looked at her in the eyes, his burning red. She stared back into his, frightened an confused as her jaw slowly began to feel better, the pain dissolving. He let go and smirked coyly. "There." He walked off towards Deimos and the others shaking his head and laughing upon seeing the formerly unconscious Genesis just now awakening.

Unknown to Jordan, Kate began to blush a bright red after he turned away. She held her face and slowly walked towards the group to join them.

8. Taboo Sho

While his ever oblivious best friend failed to notice, Deimos caught the bright red blush that creeped up on the girl's cheeks. He couldn't help but feel just a bit jealous of Jordan, considering he had women of all varieties after him. He wanted some action too! Sighing, he recalled his current form and shook his head, "Forever alone it would seem. Poor poor Deimos. Hmm...? Who...?"

Far away, Deimos caught a quick glance from two yellow eyes, but the moment he blinked, they were gone. "I must be imagining things... Lovely."

9. King of Darkness

"If everyone has had their fun, we have a more important manner to attend to," Genesis said, glaring at Deimos.

Jordan shrugged and replied, "Fine Genesis. We'll come with you for 30 minutes. 30 MINUTES! If I don't like what you or Hlltop have to say, I leave." He looked at the Lieutenant with a smirk, who gave him a more serious look back. Hilden stepped up to Jordan, towering over him by at least 6 inches, and sternly said, "Blue Devil couldn't beat you, but I for damn sure will. Do not test me little boy." With that Hilden walked back towards the castle, disappearing in the shadows of the trees.

Kate returned to the group with a smile on her fast as she nudged Jordan. "Don't worry. That's his way of saying he likes you. You should see how he treats me."

"Why, he 'likes' you even more?"

"Can't stand being in the same world as me."

Jordan snickered before looking at Genesis with a confused look that seemed mixed with anger and confusion. "Are we going or not?"

He looked at Jordan with a stern look before growling out, "I would suggest putting a leash on that mutt of yours. The Pound does not take too kindly to wild animals." With that, Genesis began to lead the group towards the castle.

Jordan, Deimos, Genesis, and Kate made their way into a large, dark room, with purple flames covering every inch of the room. In the center of the room was a large, heavy black pedestal supporting an even larger crystal sphere, containing a swirling vortex of darkness. However, it was evident that some piece of the the odd sphere was missing.

Lieutenant Hilded and two soldier inspected the sphere and the area around it, searching for some sort of clue. Hilden, not having to look back, said aloud, "That Heartless that was in the forest was a distraction. Goddamn rebels stole a piece of the Cornerstone. You're going to get it back and find out how the hell they did it." He and the two soldiers turned to Jordan, waiting for an answer.

"Fuck you guys," Jordan said, almost insulted. "What am I supposed to do? I don't even know what that thing-"

Jordan looked at the sphere again, realizing that it looked familiar. "Hey...that looks a lot like..." He slowly walked up to it and placed his hand on it. A tingling sensation ran through his body, full of hate, despair, fear, spite, and vengeance. Jordan liked it. He quickly pulled away, knowing it was just feeding the Darkness. "This Cornerstone...it acts like the opposite in the realm of light. Keeps light out of the castle, right?"

Genesis held his chin, fascinated by Jordan's comment. "A Cornerstone of Light also exists? Then-"

Hilden looked at him with a shocked expression. His face twisted into anger as he grabbed a soldier, lifting him up by his collar, eyes fixated on Jordan still. "Nothing can touch the Cornerstone!" He threw the soldier into the large sphere with disastrous results. The moment the soldiers body touched the sphere, it burned the flesh of his body first before turning what was left to ashes slowly. Hilden stared intently at Jordan waiting for a response.

Jordan stared back blankly for a moment before realizing what he was implying. "You think I fucked with your giant rock? Get the hell out of here! I've been in the forest since I've been here!"

"Then what the hell happened to it?!"

"Lieutenant," Genesis interrupted, "I can speak for the vessel. I've been with the boy since he dropped into the Void. He has never once been near the Cornerstone while under my eye, which has been, as I said, since he's been here."

Hilden kept his eyes locked on Jordan, waiting for his answer. Seeing that he wasn't going to get one, he pointed at Jordan and growled, "Fix. It." With that, he and the other guard left the room.

After several seconds of silence falling over the group, Genesis broke the silence by clapping his hands together and saying aloud, "Well then, looks like we have an assignment. Find the rebels and retrieve the Cornerstone piece! Will your, er, friend be joining us?"

Jordan sighed and waved Genesis off as he walked towards an adjacent wall, putting his arms against it and lying his head on his arms.

Kate looked at Jordan than at Deimos. "We could really use your help. The both of you. Although I hate to admit it, this isn't something I can do with any of the scrubs here. Especially not him," she gestured at Genesis.

10. Taboo Sho

Deimos looked at the Cornerstone with interest, "Y'know, I bet a Realm Child could fix this easily. Jordan! We have no reason to assist them, all we want is to get out, and gut says this is a waste of time. I'm not gonna be a puppet to those damn snakes again. I say we take the girl, because she's cute, and get those bitches of yours to tell us where the exit is! Maybe I'll get my mortal body back and actually find a little love myself..." He paused and groaned before shaking his head.

"Who am I kidding, hahaha! Who could ever love an artificial human anyway, am I right? Anyway, let's bail man."

11. King of Darkness

After thinking over his options, Jordan finally spoke, "Where can we find these rebels of yours?"

Caught off guard by Jordan's willingness to help, Genesis looked at Kate with a surprised look. He looked back at Jordan and cleared his throat before responding, "Well, we don't know where their main base is located for sure, but we do know that it is not in the city, for the obvious reason of it being the center of this realm."

Kate stepped up to add her bit of info. "We have reason to believe that they live at least 50 miles away in a small town known as Thorntrop Valley. We generally have our hands tied up around here so no one is willing to go the distance to go see. Anyone who does go usually don't come back. Whether it's because of the rebels or the world that takes them, we don't know."

Jordan took a deep breath before turning around and facing everyone. He stuck one hand in his pocket, looking off to the side blankly as he continued his questioning, "Transportation?"

Kate chuckled and folded her arms. "By foot. Our vehicles wouldn't make it 5 miles out of the city limits due to the terrain."

Jordan ran his hand through his hair, a bit frustrated by his answer. "Yeah, that figures," he mubled under his breath. He flipped his hair and looked at everyone, nodding at the group. "We leave tomorrow. It's been a long day. What, with me and Deimos dying and all." He started to walk off down the hallway, not before patting Deimos on the chest for him to follow him.

Deimos, with a smile, yelled down the hallway to the two, "I'll send for you two when it's time for dinner. Until then, I'll begin mapping out and planning our journey."

12. Taboo Sho

Deimos facepalmed. He had been ignored, jesus that won't do at all... "Uhh, Jordan?" He followed the teen closely, eyeing him curiously, "Violet and the others will likely be searching for a way to free us... Wait... I get it. You're helping them as an excuse to search without walking into traps or anything. Nice. Very clever! Anyway, we're sharing rooms regardless of if it's possible or not, I don't trust any of these idiots." He sighed and shook his head, "Though I do wish you'd listen to me once in a while. If we can we're getting that girl out with us. She'd be a good addition to our team considering we lost many troops..."

13. King of Darkness

Jordan scoffed and shook his head. "You think anyone really cares where we are right now? The only people that stood up to me were a few of my students. Violet didn't do much, you were preoccupied, and the vast majority of my students ran away with their tails tucked between their legs. Let's not kid ourselves Deimos, we belong here."

Jordan traced the walls with his fingers, the black bricks rugged feel prickling against his fingers. He took a deep breath, his mind racing. He still had not come to terms of having lost his life at the hands of his own sister. How could that have been possible? He thought he was much stronger than that....MUCH stronger than that. But in an instance, he was gone. And then there was Violet. Jordan couldn't even imagine what she was doing or how she was feeling right now.

"And who? The blue haired girl? For what? She can fight, but it's not like we exactly NEED her for anything. If we were to find a way back to the other world, we'd be there with nothing but ourselves. But here, heh, we have a whole castle filled with...." He paused and chuckled a bit before rephrasing himself, "Ok, well we have to work on making them obedient, by proving ourselves. But after that, we'll have a castle, hell, an entire world filled with obedient dogs at my bidding. I'd rather stay here." He came up to the corridor which housed his room and opened the door, preparing to walk in.

14. Taboo Sho

Deimos shrugged, "Whatever floats your boat, but you have to realize why you were killed in the first place Jordan. I fought Virgil twice for you, and died by your side. I wouldn't be here if I didn't, now would I? So while I was preoccupied with killing Ashley to prevent your sister's death, I still pulled off the one thing nobody else could. I followed you to hell dude. I'm one dedicated motherfucker."

He laughed and walked into the room, regardless of if Jordan cared or not, before adding, "You said you had total control of the darkness. You were the King of Darkness. But it controlled me without your knowledge, it manipulated things around you subtley so you'd think you had control. If you had control, you wouldn't have been the villain, and you wouldn't have died. Think about that Jordan."

15. King of Darkness

Jordan had walked in and was looking around his room before stopping instantly. He looked like a statue by the way he had paused before he glanced over at Deimos. "You don't think I was in control," he asked, slowly turning around to face him. His face showed an expression of pure insult, as he stepped towards Deimos very slowly, each step seeming as though moving slower than the last.

"I told YOU and everyone else back at that shithole you want to go back to that I was in control, and I was."

His eyes began to glow a little red.

"I was in perfect control until my SISTER, my own blood, tried to KILL me."

With his eyes growing more red and intense, his body began to give off a black and purple aura.

"My ONLY family wouldn't help me but instead claimed that I was a monster and needed to be stopped. She was so hard headed that she figured that her reason was far superior to mine!"

He slowly started pacing the room, his eyes now brighter than headlights as, unbeknownst to him, the Darkness began to appear from his back, the serpent heads too having glowing red eyes.

"Do you know what it's like to have to fight your only family? I don't mean your fighting someone who came out of the same damn vial as you in the same damn laboratory. I don't mean fighting the man who used test tubes and beakers to make a damn abomination! I mean your own FLESH AND BLOOD. And then, ho-ho and THEN, getting so mad that you DO let the Darkness take over because it just feels so fucking good."

Thinking about that last part, Jordan started to laugh, remembering just how euphoric that feel was when the Darkness had fully took hold of his heart and body. He flexed his fingers, almost as if feeling that moment again. And then he remembered that feeling the cornerstone gave him when he had touched it before. The feelings of hatred, fear, sadness. All things that, although depressing, sent his mind and heart into a short state of euphoria.

The difference between that and when the Darkness took over, the feeling the cornerstone gave felt as if it stayed, fueling the already angry Jordan.

He closed his eyes, holding himself back. Holding his high emotions that ran through him back. When he opened his eyes, they were a dim red, growing even dimmer until they were his usual hazy gray color. The Darkness was slowly beginning to seep back into his spine, hissing as it went down.

He paused for a moment before walking back out of the room. "I need to be alone for a moment," he said as he left the room.

16. Taboo Sho

Deimos growled and shook his head, "I am the best friend you could ever fucking have Jordan. I followed you to fucking hell to be by your side. I did everything I did FOR YOU. Don't you dare throw my loyalty and kindness back in my face."

He stepped up to Jordan and got in his face, pushing him up against the wall and holding him there. "You want to see an abomination Jordan? HUH? Well, keep up this bullshit, prideful, arrogant, facade of control, and I'll show you an abomination as I put you out of your misery. Don't test me Jordan. You may have overpowered me back in that shithole, but even your darkness won't save you from me if you betray my trust, if you hurt me like the others hurt me."

He lifted the boy off the ground, still holding him against the wall before continuing, "Don't fucking test me Jordan. I'm not your minion, or your slave, I don't have to obey you, and I have my own opinions. You were NOT in control. Ever. Selena killed you because you wanted to drown the world in darkness. I don't know what you wanted with Kingdom Hearts, but fireball told me that it was powerful enough to cause the destruction of the world if misused. Get over this prideful bullshit, and then get back to me."

Deimos threw the boy onto the bed forcefully, before leaving the room, and slamming the door so hard it broke off the hinges.

17. King of Darkness

Enraged, Jordan started to chase after Deimos, barely holding back the Darkness within. Just as he stepped towards the door, the blue haired girl from earlier was standing by his door, arms crossed.

"Your boyfriend step out on you?"

Jordan looked at her with burning red eyes before growling out, "I'm going to rip out his heart and feed it to the Shadows."

Kate laughed and stepped in front of him, hand sticking out of her folded arms. "Kate."

"What? Do I look like-"

"We never got acquainted before I, you know, shot you...twice. Soo...I'm Kate. I hope your name is Vessel. That'll make this ten times easier that way." She smirked sarcastically, waiting for a reply.

Jordan looked past her and saw that Deimos had already disappeared from sight. His eyes dimmed down a bit, still red, before he rolled his eyes at the girl. He looked down at her hand questionably before shaking it. "Jordan. Jordan Cress."

Kate retracted her hand after about three seconds in to the handshake. "Nice to meet you Cress."

"Nice to meet you too Katy."

Almost instantly, Kate pulled out one of her pistols out of smoke and placed it under his jaw. "Call me Katy again and I will blow your fucking brains out. You got that, Jordan?"

Jordan smiled and looked down at her approvingly. This firecracker seemed like a volatile ally, but a useful one. Jordan could always use someone who was even a danger to him. "Yes ma'am," he replied sarcastically, looking down in to her blue eyes. This was the first time he really noticed the size difference between the two. Jordan was about 6 feet tall and he towered over the 5"4 Kate.

Kate scoffed and looked at Jordan's broken door. She examined it from top to bottom before backing up from Jordan, gun disappearing. "You might want to get that door fixed."

"It's not my room...well not anymore, clearly," he quickly retorted. He started to walk off down another hallway, not the same as the one Deimos had gone down. "Come on Kate, you're gonna help me find a new room in this big ass castle."

Not budging an inch, Kate replied, "And why in the hell would I do that exactly?"

Jordan only replied with a hearty chuckle and a simple, "Because I'm the Vessel."

The large dining hall was filled with upper class families from the town and high ranking military officials. The families were seated across the hall at small tables that sat about four people. With about 30 of those, a larg wooden table stretched from one side of the hall to the other. At this table sat the strongest that the military had to offer, this including Lieutenant Hilden and Kate. The final table was a black wooden table that had room for just five seats, the center being for the Vessel, Jordan, and a seat next to him for Genesis and another seat for Deimos.

As the hall filled in with guests, the families in formal attire and the military officials in uniform, Jordan was still nowhere to be seen, along with Kate and Genesis. After several minutes, Genesis stepped out in front of the table where Jordan would be sitting and began to speak to the guests.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to personally thank you all for joining us here today. When the Darkness had informed me that the vessel would be arriving today, I must admit that I was taken completely off guard. We haven't had a vessel in our midst for over 18 years. But, I'm rambling so let us begin the feast with none other than the Vessel himself: Jordan Cress!"

The hall erupted into applause as they eagerly awaited Jordan's arrival. What they got instead, was a skinny gray haired boy, hands in his pockets in an almost uncaring manner. The hall stopped their applause upon seeing the boy, disappointment in their eyes. They had imagined a man with bulging biceps and radiated darkness in his presence. Instead, they had this.

Catching on to the fact that he was a disappointment to the masses, Jordan smirked at the crowd before beginning to talk. "I know you guys were probably expecting some complete badass in studded black armor, massive in size, and looked like he was a complete brute in battle....sorry to disappoint. But I will say that I am no coward in the midst of danger and I am much more powerful than any soldier you guys got. The behemoth problem you all had in the forest was dealt swiftly thanks to me."

The hall began to whisper among each other, trying to make sense of the situation.

"So I'm not going to talk all of your ear's off, so I'll just say this: I am going to retrieve the missing piece of the Cornerstone tomorrow morning. I will return with it and only then will I expect any of you to trust me or have any kind of faith in me. With that, let's eat."

He sat down in his seat, him waving to the side for Kate to join him at the table. Genesis quickly followed suit, the two now at both sides of Jordan. The hall applauded once more, Hilden rolling his eyes in disgust, before the waiters started filling into the hall, dishes in hand. They started with the main table of course, followed by the military, and then the families.

18. Taboo Sho

Deimos appeared shortly after Jordan, and it was obvious from the scowl on his face that ne was still extremely pissed about his earlier confrontation with Jordan. However, he still took his seat next to the other boy but otherwise remained silent. The few servants who dared approach him were crushed and devoured without a second thought on his part, and as soon as everybody at the table filled their plate, Deimos grabbed the remaining food off the table and devoured it all. His eyes glowed red, and the Black Cross in his right eye spun rapidly, and after growling quietly, he lashed out violently, smashing the table furiously. As everybody looked towards him, he shook his head, "STOP FUCKING STARING AT ME!" Outraged and wide-eyed, Deimos looked around at everybody wildly, as his breathing grew heavier and heavier, he looked towards Jordan, his face showing absolute hate towards the boy, "You... Did nothing I said register with you Jordan? Why do you never listen to ME? You took the word of complete strangers over ME, somebody who's been by your side and absolutely loyal to you! If you don't want to find a way out of this shithole then fine! But I will, and when I do, when I get out and I tell Violet that you never wanted to leave, I wonder how she'll react, I truly wonder how your Girlfriend will react!" He added emphasis to the word girlfriend and looked directly at Kate when he said it.

"I'm leaving in the morning. I suggest you think long and hard about what you're willing to give up Jordan, because I'm not giving up on my other friends, my other allies. But to me... Jordan... You've already given up on me and Violet. You have everything you've ever wanted down here. Slaves, your own personal bitch, and a giant boring ass castle.

"If this is what you want Jordan, then fine, stay here and do exactly as the Darkness wants you to do. Fix the cornerstone, restore it to full power, and become a total puppet just like the Darkness wants. Think about everything I'm saying to you right now, Jordan. There is no turning back beyond this point, it's time to make a choice King of Darkness. Will we find a way out of here together, as partners, as friends, like we always have been? Or will you cast me aside for this life not worth living? You've got 24 hours to think about it, and believe me when I tell you I will not let you leave without making a decision. I've stood on the sidelines for far to long. I'm going to directly stand in your way this time Jordan, just as Violet would have. Twenty four hours Jordan. I'll see you again when that time is up."

With a final wave of his hand, Deimos vanished down a long corridor, leaving a thick layer of tension in his wake.

19. King of Darkness

Upon Deimos referring to Kate as Jordan's personal bitch, Kate immediately rose up to challenge Deimos. However, Jordan sternly grabbed her arm, preventing her from acting, his eyes glued on Deimos as he spoke. His eyes remained their hazy gray color, almost unmoved by anything Deimos had to say to him. He had spent the last hour or so reflecting on what to do next, and he was set on restoring the Cornerstone in this world. If for no other reason, he owed the people here that much and wanted to clear his name of suspicion with Hilden.

When Deimos made his exit, Jordan looked up at Kate with an unphased expression. Upon seeing it, and against her better judgement, she sat back down, fists balled up under the table. Who the hell does that guy think he is? What was it...Deimos? Disrespecting me and all of these people here like that. If we wanted to, we would end him in a heartbeat and erase him from existence. And personal bitch? PERSONAL BITCH?! Like I even like Jordan, or even care he has a girlfriend! I swear

Jordan interrupted Kate's thoughts as he stood up from his seat, smiling at everyone. "Ladies and gentlemen of the Void, I deeply apologize for my....'friend's' behavior. I don't know how many of you have died and ended up here, but I can tell you that it's not an easy transition. Now, in response to him, as I know you are all asking yourselves what I will do next, I assure all of you this: I will bring back your cornerstone and earn your respect. I said that I would and I will." The room erupted in applause as several of the upper class families began standing for Jordan, the military clapping as well, besides Hilden. Jordan waved them off, not wanting their applause. He did, however, cheerfully say to the staff and servants, "I believe our table is going to need more food." And with that, he sat back down in his seat.

Genesis patted Jordan on the shoulder approvingly before dining on his personal dish. As Jordan and Kate began to eat their own, Jordan smirked and nudged Kate. "It sounds like he thinks one of us likes the other, hmm?"

Kate, appearing as if she had no care, replied, "Hmph, because we talked earlier? He jumps to conclusions quickly, don't you think?"

Jordan chuckled, playing with his food a bit with his for as he responded, "Haha, yes, clearly. Besides, I'm not entirely sure how much Violet would approve of that."

Kate snickered lightly and continued her meal. From the sound of it, Kate had little chance to show her worth to Jordan.

Following the feast, the guests were asked to leave, having had little to no interaction with Jordan, and everyone else was off to bed. Genesis and two guards escorted Jordan to his own room inside of an empty military bunker, temporary until they could find a better room in the castle. That night, Jordan had only dreamt of his final moments alive. Cole blasting him in the face, his students trying to defend him, and of course, his sister killing him. His dream would soon take him into a dark forest, surrounded by men in black and red coats, with hoods covering their faces. The men who had been seemingly controlling Jordan's fate for the past six months.

They said nothing as they slowly closed in on Jordan, one of them snarling at Jordan like an animal as his chains dragged across the ground. The group closed in on Jordan more and more, all whispering inaudible speech. Just as Jordan was prepared to fight through them, the leader was in front of him, face to face.

"Today is the first day of your life. Now get up."

And like that, Jordan woke up in his bed in the military bunker. His body was covered in sweat as he frantically looked around for something. Upon not knowing himself what he was looking for, assuming he was just making sure he was really in the Void, he hid his face in his hands. He rubbed out his eyes and made his way to his bathroom to take a shower and get ready for his journey.

Jordan met Genesis, Kate, Hilden, and five guards at the front of the castle, as Genesis had explained to Jordan the night before.

"Ah, so you so graciously bless us with your appearance, at last," Genesis said sarcastically to Jordan.

Jordan rubbed his hair, still wet, as he mocked Genesis by mouthing his words. "Whatever. You guys seen Deimos?"

Genesis shook his head and smiled out, "He'd do nothing but slow down our journey anyway. We do have a long trip ahead of us."

20. Taboo Sho

"I wouldn't be so sure Genesis. If I recall, I already knocked your teeth out once, I won't mind doing it again." Deimos's voice echoed out as he came falling from above, nearly crushing Genesis as he landed with a loud bang on his feet. "So, Jordan, have you decided yet? As I'm sure you've come to realize, when we escape, these people, they will not be of any further use to us, to you. What reason do you have to fix the Cornerstone anyway? Make the right choice Jordan, and stick with me, just like we swore to each other we would."

Deimos extended his hand out to Jordan with a smile, but his eyes told the whole story. Deimos knew already that Jordan would turn him down, but he desperately wanted it to not be so. He didn't want to tossed aside for some random strangers, he was Jordan's best friend right? So they should stick together... Right? Deimos wanted this to be true, he wanted his friend by his side, but he feared that would not be the case. "Please, Jordan, we owe these people nothing. They have done nothing for us, except make us do what they could not. Don't betray me like Virgil and Ashley did Jordan... Don't pick them over me. Please..."