• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Stranger Things

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Nova, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

I've only watched the first episode so far but I have high hopes. Has anyone else watched it?

2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

My God. Those kids are amazing (actors)! Normally, kids aren't the focus of a tv show unless its Disney Channel, even then, kids don't really act (perfect). This was actually really better than I expected. I'm not going to spoil it, but if you haven't watched it. Do it like yesterday. It's based in the 80s and the story revolves around these four friends. One being Will Byers. The title of the first episode " The Vanishing of Will Byers".

Nova likes this.
  3. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Finished season 1 a while ago but forgot to respond here. It was amazing. Those kids are fantastic actors.
    Looking forward to starting season 2 but haven't gotten around to it yet.

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I just finished season 1 not long ago and loved it. It has an incredible cast, not only the kids but the adults and teens as well. The story is intriguing and well paced- I enjoy the shorter season format, as I feel like it cuts down on bullshit filler episodes and keeps things moving along. I was happy when I heard the release date for season two, but like Hope, I haven't had a chance to start watching yet. I'm hoping to soon. :)

5. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Honestly, I think I could've wrote season 2 better. I'll try not to spoil it. But basically it could've used more DnD references and child mischief that was in Season 1. It really doesn't have any direction until mid season. And I guess El's development will set up Season 3. Anyway, around episode 7 and up are well written and reminds me of Season 1. Ill go into more detail when more have seen the new season.

6. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I just finished up season 2. For the most part, I really liked the direction of the season and enjoyed the plot. Spoilers below.

Things I loved:
    • The cast. The entire (old) cast continues to be perfect. I don't think there is a poor actor among them.
    • Hopper and Eleven. Their father/daughter dynamic made my heart grow three sizes. Love those two together.
    • Steve. My darling dork. Loved his big brotherly interactions with the younger boys.
    • Nancy. I liked her more this season than I did in the first, although I liked her in that one, too, at least once the season progressed. Her dancing at the ball at the end with Dustin was the best.
    • Bob. Wasn't sure about him at first, but he grew on me a lot. Wish he could've hung around. I liked him and Joyce.
    • Dr. Paul Reiser. I'm too lazy to see what the character's name actually is, but I enjoyed this seemingly good member of the lab.
    • The P.I. hired to find Barb. Another character who grew on me as the story progressed. I dunno, I liked him.
    • That somehow this show made me feel bad for a hideous killer monster. RIP D'Artagnan, or something.
    Things I was not a fan of:
    • Eight, or whatever the hell her name was. That whole arc from the time Eleven left Terry's house was crap and served no purpose. Are we now to assume that there is a One through Ten out there, too? Fucking hell. I hate when stories take what makes a character special and start handing it out to other characters. Eleven is fine as the psychic chick. I don't need or want any more. Plus, it seems like the whole purpose was just to tease Brenner being still alive. Like that needed teased. I mean, yeah, I thought he was dead, but also, in my experience, guys like that don't stay dead, so it's not like the idea that he might have escaped would be that surprising. If they felt they needed to, they could've introduced that idea in any other way without having to add some extraneous criminal types. Episode seven sucked.
    • The other new characters. Max was okay on her own, although I don't much like the way she changed the dynamic among the boys, and I can tolerate her as a new member of the gang. Her brother, though? The hell was his deal? At first I thought they were doing some creepy shit with him, like he had kidnapped the girl or something. His antagonism didn't really add anything to the story. And of course, Eight's cronies were garbage.
    I'll probably think of more things to discuss later. Overall, I liked this season a lot, but I would say that Season One was superior.

Nova likes this.