• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Site News Update 5/11

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by Destiny, May 11, 2014.

1. Destiny

Destiny Guest

• Site News: 5/ 11/14 - Happy Mother's Day!!
    [​IMG]

Hey all, so we have some pretty big news to make. We've made contact with TD and we're now able to promise some big changes with some control of the site. So without further ado, here's a break down of the latest news.

-Congratulations to Angel as the KHP Tech Guy
    We're proud to announce we now have an on site tech person who will be performing a lot of the updates around the site. Some of which you may have already begun to take advantage of.

-Spoiler Tags and YouTube Integration
    As you may have noticed one thing added to our site that is brand new is the ability to use Spoiler Tags and put in actual YouTube video.
    [YOUTUBE="8xGIiq9G7kM"][/YOUTUBE]

-New Banner and Background plus some more cosmetics to come
    Right now we're testing out some things as we begin to set up a new theme and layout for the forums. So expect an incoming of a new theme coming to drop menus near you soon.

-Old but New: Destiny as Admin
    This is sort of old news, but news nonetheless, I'm now an admin on the forums, so if you guys need any help or have any form of suggestions for the admin team, I will now take suggestions alongside Kitty and Vox.

Hiring Graphics Team, Site Content Writers, and Site Writers
    Based from our old announcement with hiring of these positions, just reinstating all pasting actual application. Your application can be messaged to any of the admins on staff (Vox, Kitty, and/ or myself).

Username:
    Time on KHPlanet:
    Job Application:
    Activity:
    Are you available on Skype?:
    Why you want to be on staff?:
    Why you should be on staff?:
    Proof of Eligibility to Perform Task: (Graphics team can submit a portfolio or a few graphic edits; Content Writers and Editors can submit a Review of some sort)

Once we receive your application, we will review them and there may be a point for some we may interview you. So just heads up on that. You all should apply though after all how many people get bragging rights to say they write for a website or have the opportunity to say, I designed that banner?

Main Site New Look
    With part of the new found control on the main site and the hiring of a Tech Guy, expect some changes to come to the main site in the new few weeks. Soon to follow will be some changes to the Forums.

Member Input
    We want to hear from you now! What do you want to see? What features do you want or you don't want? Tell us in a post below and there's a good chance that in this time of change this summer, it'll happen!

Well that's all for now, be sure you look forward to the bright future on KHPlanet!

Tata for Now!

~Destiny

2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

This is excellent news indeed! Congratulations Angel! I'm glad things are starting to look up for us, and making contact with TD is huge.

I'm looking forward to whatever we have planned. You've got my full cooperation, as always.

3. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Thanks!!!

I'm pretty excited. Complete control of the site is something that we have wanted all along. So what should be the first thing to do on our list?!

^_^

4. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

That depends. Do we have the go ahead (and means) to upgrade the vBulletin version?

5. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Unfortunately, Wayward that's one of thing were still trying to work on with TD to permit us performing an update/ get him to pay for it (though Vox has mentioned trying to fundraise for it to try and see if that would convince him, but that as of now still hasn't convinced him).

However a lot of the stuff in the planning update stages will really help boost up the site that we may not actually need the vB update right away.

6. Become

Well, that's a bit unfortunate. Hopefully we can work that out. It'd really help to be more up to date on that. Maybe if our changes bring in enough people we can even convince TD that it's worth upgrading.

7. Angel

Not yet, TD wouldn't budge a stone on upgrading the forum. Vox suggested raising money which is a good idea if we can get a fan-base (community), but we're not in that type of position yet. Another option is getting this place traffic and income and I'm sure; he'll be willing to then. But hey!

I can make a skin that looks upgraded. Drop down menus, animations, beveled categories, new icons. The works. But I'll need some help.

EDIT: I guess (you and Destiny); we were thinking the same thing.

8. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I'm good at fundraisers! If we decide to do one I should be able to get a few sizable donations from some close friends of mine.

9. Abyssal Knight

Abyssal Knight I step back into the light of...

Well congrats to Angel & Destiny both, but lets not forget the rebirth of KHPlanet Forums!!!

10. FON

FON A Lazy Comic Artist

I'll send in some applications when I can, hope to help wiht the forums :)

Also, congrats Angel :)

11. Oath

Oath King Bitch™

Congrats to the new staff people even though I have no idea who you are. I'm impressed with the new spark of activity around here, hoping it just improves from here.

12. Angel

Would you like to find out?! ^_^

-------------------

Anyway, thank you all! It's very much appreciated!

13. Become

Since it's come up just now: is there a chance we can nix on some of the automoderating things around the forums? Like how some times new members' threads need to be approved before actually appearing?

Otherwise, how are the updates coming along?

14. Angel

I can check, but I can't guarantee anything.

-frowns & sighs-
    It's gradual.

In vBulletin, everything is placed into tables and tables aren't all too flexible. So I'm taking them out of the tables and putting them into something more flexible. Without getting into too much detail on how that works, placing them into a new container makes everything that I'm about to do, go smoothly.

15. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

And I have the solution to the incident.

16. Cameron

Cameron New Member

Well well, you actually got contact with TD.

What rights exactly you have at the moment? Can you update the main site as you want?

17. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Yes, we can. We are stil working hard on the upcoming updates. including New skins, Features and Main Site rehaul.

18. Cameron

Cameron New Member

It's a shame that you can't get stuff wrapped up before E3 though, they're going to reveal something about KH3 and the traffic will be huge after that on Google and social media.

19. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

that was wat we were aiming for. but i don't know if we'll make that deadline. it's a short team and we are short handed on help.

20. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Exactly ^

We sort of need everybody ready to go. We need people to work as a team to liven up the forums and we need content writers. Those two we really need more than anything else.