• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Revolt: 2035

Discussion in 'Original Roleplays (IC)' started by W.J. Solomon, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Liberty closed the file setting it down on the table turning to Hope.

"Well, she's awfully lucky for you Hope and your sister giving instructions, had she been left alone much longer, there's a good chance she may not be here right now- weak but breathing." Liberty said walking over to help hope clean up before pulling off her own rubber gloves and disposing of them in the red sealed waste bin. Liberty sighed as she leaned against the counter.

"You know, I haven't known her that long, I was just given her as an assignment to treat her. An assignment they gave me to her. I'm the best medical student in the program, I get that, but her biggest problem is not medical related. Her being here has now proven that to me. I suspected it when I received her file. Her symptoms and everything, though a still rare and extremely dangerous case with some different new symptoms, I'm more than certain I know exactly what is going on with her medically, but she refuses to get treated, it's why she's has had so many doctors over her life time, she won't let any of them treat her. She has trust issues, she doesn't trust people, she's alone in the world. What she needs is friends for her to open up to." Liberty sighed again getting up and walking towards Ellen brushing some lose strands of her purple hair off of her sleeping face.

"I don't know why I'm telling you this to be honest, Hope, you're a house wife, and to be honest, I have a certain taste of disgust looking at those in your program, hell even some girls in my program who seem to still aspire to be a house wife of their own, but I think you have a nice heart and a good head on your shoulder. Call it intuition, Ellen could use a friend like you, like your sister, I'm sure even your soldier boy friend. I just hope she will open up to somebody to allow her to receive the proper care needed." Liberty explained.

Mentally she hoped it would be her that Ellen would open up to, not just as a doctor nor of just a friend. She didn't know what exactly she hoped Ellen would wake up to, but she just couldn't describe what she felt for the girl.

"Hope, you're free to go back to your dorm and get rest. I know you have classes in the morning. My only class is taking care of her, I hope to see you around though." Liberty said as she grabbed Ellen's file and walked out of the patient room to go to the medical practitioner office to work on going through and organizing all of the paperwork for Ellen.

2. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Hope rolled her eyes as Liberty . Though she agreed with her about Ellen's mental stability and needs, she couldn't help but notice her arrogance. It was for things like that that caused her to refuse to participate in the placement testing in the beginning, getting her placed in the house wife program though she wondered if she'd ever get married just to spite it. She disliked the mentality people received, believing that because they were placed in a higher program, they they could talk down to others. Though she knew Liberty didn't mean offence, some part of her attitude still embodied that opinion. For example, believing that she had the authority to relieve her of what the nurse had told her to do and assuming that all the girls placed in the 'wife' program were the same. With a sigh, she put down the object she had been cleaning also walking over to Ellen's bedside. Putting her loathing of the 'program' system out of her head for a moment, she thought about what she had seen earlier.
    A young man almost literally tortured to death for breaking laws made by greedy men, and another girl doing the same to herself for unknown reasons. She didn't know much about Ellen, but she wondered if her desire to kill herself went beyond just because of her memories of the past, and discouragement for her disease in the present. Was it also a lack of hope for her future?

"Maybe you heard everything Liberty said. If you did, she's right. You need people, and you need to learn to trust her to get better. But before you do that, you need to learn to love and trust yourself. I'm sure people have done bad things to you..." she said, brushing a finger across her eye patch "...but if you do bad things to yourself, you're joining them. You become the bully too. And you deserve better than that." she took a deep breath, stepping back from the bed and toward the door.

3. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Her single yellow eye opened slowly, so she was alive... She recognized the room as the Nurse's office and looked around, until her eye fell upon Hope. She was here, still? She had no idea how long she'd been out but the fact of the matter is this girl was here when she woke up, this one girl, this stranger, had not only saved her life apparently, but also stayed with her the entire time, considering nobody else, not even the nurse, was here.

Ellen's Voice

"... D-don't..." She surprised herself with her voice, it had been so long since she had last spoken that it seemed almost foreign to her... Nonetheless, the words came out before she could even comprehend what she was saying.

"...Please..." She looked up at Hope and with tears in her single eye she continued, "Don't leave me... alone again... I don't..." Another pause...

"Want to be alone..."

4. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

Jordan laughed as he followed Will. "I find it comical that you assume it'd be that simple, heh. However....a revolution....a revolution sounds just heavenly," he said, the last part almost in a whisper. A revolution would be nice, but that sounded more complicated and more time consuming than what is was worth. Not to mention, he had no idea if anyone was truly even interested in standing up against the powerful and heartless president. Still....the idea itself was more interesting than just killing the president. Jordan would put a pin in both ideas.

He snapped his toothpick in half, spitting it out onto the ground before walking towards the dorm. "Well that was definitely a more interesting talk. We'll have to continue it tomorrow WIll. Provided that you're still interested, of course."

5. W.J. Solomon

W.J. Solomon Solomon's Reprieve

Will nodded, smiling as he spoke. "Yeah man, for sure. I've got a keen eye on this subject..." He breathed, waving him off as he strode down the other path, heading down the tree laden walk towards his dorms. The brisk fall air blew by him, throwing a few leaves off the branches and kicking them onto the path, the brittle leaves crunching under his feet as he pulled his phone out, a few beeps sounding as he sent out a text to Hope. "Hey Hope, just trying to make sure your all right. Text me back and let me know how you're doing." He clapped his phone shut and slid it back into his pocket, opening the door and walking into the dorm, waving at the attending as he stepped into the hall, finally taking his sunglasses off.

6. Nova

"Huh?" Hope stopped as she heard a soft voice asking her not to leave. At first, she couldn't believe the source as she slowly turned to face Ellen. Her eye was wearily open, and locked on Hope's. That was the first time Hope had ever heard Ellen's voice. It was different than Hope would have expected, but it fit her somehow. Though she felt somewhat awkward, she was happy to see that Ellen was okay. It was only then that she realized what exactly it was that Ellen said: I don't want to be alone...
    It brought a small stab of sorrow or this strange girl she had only just met. Though she didn't know Ellen very well, she couldn't deny she cared about her. She hid the initial feeling with a small but cheery smile and she resumed her original place next to the bedside. "You aren't alone, Ellen. We're friends. And friends are always there for each other." she said it sincerely "No matter what."
    She felt her phone vibrate but thought it would be rude to check it right then. She made note to check it later.

7. Taboo Sho

Ellen's eye followed Hope as she returned to her bedside, she watched and listened as the girl assured her they were friends... "... Friends...? Liberty said... the same thing..." She squinted her eye, thinking, she couldn't understand the word. It didn't make sense, What was a friend exactly? She knew people had girlfriends and boyfriends, but was it the same? She honestly didn't know. "Does... that make you... a girlfriend...?" She pondered, more openly then directly towards Hope.

Ellen had to admit, the idea felt... nice somehow. It was a warm feeling, and she liked it. She slowly reached her arms out and placed her hands against Hope's chest experimentally. She felt the heartbeat and the warmth of her chest caused her to unconsciously pull her closer. "You're... so warm... Not cold... like the men..."

8. Nova

Hope blushed at Ellen calling her a girlfriend, brushing her hair back from her face with an awkward giggle. "Ummm.... kind of but..." she wasn't sure how to react when Ellen felt her heart and pulled her closer. To alleviate the awkwardness Hope felt she turned the motion into a hug before pulling back again. She decided to explain friend "...Friends are like girlfriends because they love you. They are always there for you. But they aren't, well, romantic." she explained, blushing again.

She changed the subject then, "Liberty was here earlier. She and Angel say you're going to be alright. But how are you feeling?"

9. Taboo Sho

Love. A feeling Ellen had been searching for her entire life. But what was it really? Did she not deserve it? After all, she'd been deprived of it for eighteen years, and it had hurt her immensely the few times she thought about it. Could this stranger possibly love her? Regardless of what she thought, hearing the word, even if it was only indirectly towards her, brought tears to her eye. "I've... never been... loved before... Do you... love me...?"

As she wondered about this feeling, Hope's other question caused her to turn her head in shame. "I'm fine... just... Lonely. I'm tired... Will you stay... with me...?"

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  10. Nova

Hope considered Ellen's request. She was already out after curfew. Would it really be that bad if she stayed longer? Ellen looked so sad, and Hope wasn't sure what would happen if she was left alone again. She sighed, a weak smile appearing on her face, "I'll stay at least until you fall asleep, okay?" she said gently, sitting at the edge of Ellen's bed. Her hand resting near Ellen's, she answered the other question. "Of course, you're my friend. You aren't alone Ellen."

She discretely pulled out her phone and saw Will's text. She answered as Ellen began to seemingly fall asleep. "Hey Will. Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I'm at the nurse's office. Don't worry, everything is okay now. I'll explain tomorrow. Hope you're okay too.

She yawned as she placed her phone back in her pocket.

Angel was exhausted by the time she finished up with all of the kids she treated. Most of them were returning 'patients' with various wounds. Trouble makers who were lashed on campus, cheaters who had burns on their hands, kids who spoke out in class and had been hit or worse. She could never heal them completely, for fear of being arising suspicion. But she always did something to relieve their pain and speed the healing process. She saw a few new faces like Jamie as well. More kids were starting to learn about her secret healing practice. She wondered if eventually they'd have to move to a new location but so far, none of the school's faculty or students, even her friends, seemed to have a clue. She decided not to worry about it to much for that reason.

As the last hours of the day came to a close, Angel's little alleyway began to empty as she treated each student one by one. It was getting dark by the time she finished up with the last one. "Rinse the burn in cold water tomorrow before you come back to see me. I'll reapply medicine then." she was saying "Please be careful not to get caught."

The girl cradled her burn wounded arm that Angel had just treated, looking relieved. "It doesn't hurt anymore. Thank you so much. You're an angel in this hell of a school." she said before she left the alley the opposite way that Angel had come hours before, leaving Angel alone to repack her supplies. She snuck her way back into campus, trying not to be seen outside her room after curfew. She squeaked, startled as she ran into someone in the halls. Relieved when it turned out to just be a student, a blonde boy who was talking to a dark haired boy (Aiden and Tom). "Sorry." she muttered to both of them before scurrying back to her room.

Angel smiled a little as the girl left her alone, wondering if she had known her name or if that was just irony. Realizing how late it had gotten, she tried to be quick as she packed up her supplies. Though she had just restocked her bag earlier, it was still slightly diminished. She placed them back into her hiding place and then started her journey back toward her room. Knowing that by this time, guards would be patrolling the halls looking for students out of their rooms, she was careful.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  11. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Liberty just finished all of her work before sitting back in her chair closing her eyes in thought. She glanced at the time, 4 in the morning. She stood up before walking down the hall towards the room Ellen was in. She walked in to see both of them asleep.

She smiled walking in and laying her hand on Hope's shoulder giving her a light shake kneeling down.

"Hope...? Why don't you go get some comfortable sleep, get a little bit of rest in your dorm room before classes." She told the girl, "Or if you want I can sign out a room for you to sleep in a bed. Sleeping like this, in a chair, isn't good for you and doesn't allow you to get true rest your body needs."

12. Nova

Hope startled awake when Liberty touched her shoulder. It took her a moment to remember the days events and sort them from her dreams from snoozing on the chair next to Ellen's bed. Noticing Ellen had fallen asleep as well, she wondered how late it was. She blushed "She... didn't want to be alone." she apologized, standing and straightening her clothes. "But you're right." she said to Liberty. "Thank you for waking me up." she smiled, still sleepy, as she wandered out of the room.

The walk back to her room was short but it seemed to drag forever. When she finally entered her room she was surprised to see that Angel wasn't asleep yet. Actually, she looked like she had just got in as well. "Hey...." she yawned "You okay?"

Angel nodded, but she yawned as well "Yeah... I just had a project to finish before I could go to sleep." she was saying as she changed into a pink tanktop and black shorts to sleep in. "Hey how's Ellen?"

Hope smiled a bit "She should be okay. I'll tell you about it tomorrow. I'm exhausted." she said, not bothering to change her clothes as she fell into her bed.

"Goodnight." Angel smiled a bit. She noticed Hope had fallen asleep before Angel even got her toothbrush from a bag in her nightstand drawer. She covered her sister with a blanket before she finished getting ready for bed. It was 4:30am before she finally shut off the lights and crawled into her bed.

13. W.J. Solomon

A week had passed since the execution, a light snowfall starting on the school's grounds. Will slowly slid the long coat over his shoulders, the high collar resting across the back of his neck as he shut the door behind him. He slowly strode out of the hall, knowing that mid-year exams were going to take place today, and that meant he would have to run the combat course again. His mind ran over his last run through the combat course, and he remembered that Aiden was the only one with a similar score to his. He huffed, opening the door of the dorms, the cold air waking him up as he stepped outside with a small sigh.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Gabriel entered his office as he dusted snow off of his coat. He shrugged his coat off of his shoulders and hung it in the corner, removing his suit coat as well and hanging it. "Exams today... we get to see who are sheep and who are wolves." He breathed, rolling his sleeves as he sat at his desk, opening his computer and booting it up. He quickly opened the files before tapping a few keys, a phone line opening. "James. Bring me the medical records of Ellen Majo. I want to see Stewart's progress. It will determine what happens to her." He breathed, cutting the line after getting confirmation. "Liberty... You remind me of your mother..." He murmured, his eyes glowing at the picture that headed the student file highlighted on his computer.

14. Nova

The morning of exams, Hope woke up to find that she was alone. Angel had left early as usual. She sat up with a long yawn, brushing her teeth and hair before picking out a white tank, black skinny jenes, and usual boots before also covering herself with a blue leather jacket- noticing the snow outside her window. Pulling her hair over her shoulders and letting it hang straight and a little staticy, she walked out the door for the morning. Exams for her class was insultingly simple, but of course she didn't really intend to try anyway. Especially not after what happened last week. Her resolve that this school system was a joke was stronger than ever. And honestly, until changes were made for the future, she probably wouldn't care about the future at all.

As she exited the dorms and walked into the courtyard, she spotted a familiar face a few yards away. "Will!" she called, waving.

Angel walked out of her alley cautiously, but thankfully spotted no teachers around. Normally she wouldn't be there in the morning but as it was exam day, she figured that she'd probably have more patients than normal today so she had to make sure she was fully equipped.

15. Taboo Sho

After recovering from her attempted suicide, and returning to her daily routine, Ellen was, like every other student, forced to take exams. She breezed through them easily, and was done with them after only forty minutes, though she patiently waited for the boy, Will, to finish before turning her's in. Leaving the classroom, she watched Will walk down the hall, and followed him. She was aware that he would know immediately that she was behind him, but she didn't care. She had to see that girl again... Hope... That was her name. Ellen liked the name, but the word brought nothing but bad memories. That didn't stop her, however, from trying to find the girl again for the past week.

Her other friend, Liberty, had acted as strangely as she always had the past week. But Ellen only ever allowed the other girl to perform tests to a certain extent, and she never allowed more then two a day. She had made her rules final, and she wouldn't let Liberty do anything to her until she agreed. Though, Liberty's been generally nice to her, so Ellen had promised to allow a few extra tests at the end of the weekend.

Eventually, she reached a turn, and watched as Will continued walking, only for that voice to ring out.

Will!

Ellen pulled back around the corner in a feeble attempt to hide, she had been trying to find the girl all week, and yet, she couldn't find it in her to interact with her while Will was there... She knew for a fact Liberty would be hot on her tail soon... She could only hope, ironically enough, that she'd have a moment alone with Hope before Liberty found her.

16. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP....

Jordan peeked out from under his blanket, spotting the alarm on his new phone going off. He had received it the night of the execution from a close source of his that provided him with all sorts of electronics and gizmos, for the right price.

The last week had not been kind whatsoever to Jordan following the execution.

He hadn't gone to classes, receiving the work he needed done from a short Asian girl in his class. He didn't know her name, hell he didn't even ask her to bring him his work, but she did it anyway. He did all of his work of course, as it was simple enough for him to complete in a timely manner. He would then email the work to the girl's email address, which she had stuck in between the papers she had given him. There was a little heart beside it, but Jordan was too out of it to even notice it.

Jordan rolled out of his bed, grudgingly, and tapped the red button that flashed on his phone, stopping the alarms. He rubbed his eyes and looked out of the window to see small snowflakes slowly descending from the sky onto the concrete below. He scratched his head a bit, trying to figure what he would wear before remembering he had a hoodie somewhere in his closet. He first threw on a pair of black pants, and short sleeved black button up shirt, and a pair of black boots. He searched around his closet for his jacket before coming upon a gray and black striped hoodie. He looked at himself briefly in the mirror before back at his hoodie before shrugging.

"I look like someone going to a funeral, heh."

He threw on the hoodie, unzipping the top a bit before pulling his hood over his head. He grabbed his USB drive from the top of his desk and a pencil before walking out.

Now outside of the dorm, he proceeded to walk to the main building. He had plenty of time before his exams started, which wasn't for another hour, so he would most likely head to the dining hall in the main building and have some breakfast. Having survived off of noodles for the past week, the cafeteria lunch sounded heavenly, although it wasn't bad to begin with.

17. W.J. Solomon

Will turned, eyes scanning down the hall and seeing two familiar faces. One was Ellen, the specialist from his class. The other just so happened to be a redhead that had hollered his name. He smiled and approached, hugging her a bit. He straightened the wool coat the wrinkled white shirt before waving a small motion at Ellen. "Hey Hope, how have you been the last week?" He quickly wiped at his bleary and dark ringed eyes before continuing. "I know I haven't been out and about much. Haven't been sleeping." He huffed, eyes looking up and down his old friend. He glanced over at Ellen, eyes making an obvious shift as he saw the fearing look she had towards him. He straightened his collar up before gripping Hope's shoulder lightly, a small smile coming with his words. "I'll catch you later okay? I missed the earlier exam times, and still need to take them." He breathed, turning and walking off abruptly.

18. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Liberty walked out of the main academic building after having dropped off several pieces of writing and research plus a summary report of how treating Ellen has been coming.

She was more than certain she knew how to treat Ellen, the tests she's been running point to it as well, but they also point to five other possibilities.

Plus Liberty had herself in a weird situation in which Ellen was sure opening up to her as a doctor, but to her personally, it made me her upset that Ellen wouldn't be more open with her.

She had no explanation for it.

She walked across the front concrete lot towards the gym and soldier based classes to meet up with Ellen and to check in with her and see how her exams went.

19. Nova

Hope waved as Will walked away. She knew how he was feeling but decided not to push him about it. She hadn't really noticed Ellen was following her until Will looked at her over her shoulder before he walked away. That's when she looked to see Ellen standing there, not far off. She smiled a little, glad to see her doing well. "Oh hey Ellen." she closed the distance between them quickly, but gracefully and cautiously, trying not to startle her. She wondered if everyone felt this careful around her.... like she would break her if she was too rough. "Glad to see you up. How are you feeling?"

20. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Smoke burst from the science labs. Inside the labs, coughing could be heard alongside some laughter and snide comments volleyed between students.

"Told you mixing that stuff would make a smoke bomb." Tom spoke, struggling to say those words, laugh, and cough all at the same time.

"I believe you used the phrase "just like dry ice" as you tried to stop me."

"Okay, I admit I wasn't expecting that big of a burst of smoke in so little time. But I still warned you."

"Alright class. I want everybody to leave the room while everything is being cleaned up. The exams will be later today so you shall have free time until then." The instructor spoke as he tried to get everybody out of the building. "By the way, I would like a word with you before you go Thomas." He spoke as he caught Tom before giving him the chance to get a way.

-----

The instructor began talking once all the other students had left. "So I stopped you because it is my hope that you get the top score on this exam."

"I don't know if I can pull that off. You've seen my work before. Not necessarily perfect material."

"Exactly. I've obviously been observing you all this time and I'm aware of what you're capable of. You've got a passion for this sort of work that not many people have. And yet when I look over your tests, I see that you deliberately get a lesser score than what you're able to get. I know you understand everything that is being taught. Why else would I give you special access to the labs for you to conduct your own personal experiments? So don't tell me that you can't do something when we both know you can. And if possible, please explain why you don't show yourself as the top of this class when you're obviously able to."

"I don't know if I can answer your question." Tom answered.

The teacher sighed. "Fine. Just please don't write incorrect answers when you do know the answer on these upcoming exams. Dismissed."

As Tom walked away, he thought about a proper answer to that question. "Being at the top gets in the way. There's less freedom. People are more likely to pay attention to you and get in the way. By simply slipping under somebody's radar and appearing like an average person, you're more free to do what you want. I don't want to be seen as the top. I just want to get through all of this as fast as possible and with as few troubles as possible and then try to leave it all behind. I can't do that if I'm at the top."