• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Rare Game

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XII' started by EtherealSummoner, Jan 8, 2013.

1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Did anyone ever found all of the Rare Game monsters and defeated them? -.- It has been years and I still did not find them all. I am thinking on restarting the whole game again and try to hunt them all down. There are 80 rare games and 31-32 of them you can find through a mini game once you reach the Phon Coast. The Rare game monsters counts towards a title of completing the bestiary.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I'd found most of the rare game, but I never managed to find all of them. Completing the bestiary was the only thing I was missing in order to completely fill the sky pirate's den, so I gave it a shot, but it took forever and I just sort of gave up on it after a while.

3. Mike

Mike Member

Same...I've still got my save file from a couple years back though. I'm a crazy completionist, so maybe I'll load it up and finish the bestiary someday!

4. EtherealSummoner

-.- Just found out that I still missed one of the rare games in the Dalmasca Westersand. <_< One of the characters need to be under 10% of their max hp for Dustia to appear. I was screwed because in the level 20's, his dark spell can hit everyone and still do decent damage. Then I realize somewhere in the Phon Coast, one of the rare game will only appear when the game timer minutes is between 10-20. <_< This is ridiculous.

5. Kitty

Except for bragging rights, I'm not sure it's worth it to try for this. I don't remember really being able to get any important items for beating any of these rare game, and when you have restrictions like the game timer has to be between this and this, it seems like it's practically impossible to get them all in one game. Sure, some of them you just sort of stumble into, or at least I did, without even realizing they were rare, but some of them... the game developers must get a laugh about the players spending all of their time looking for one rare beast that appears once the entire game.

6. EtherealSummoner

I know... but there are some that you can guess and think such as "Does they appear during certain weather" or "Do I have to clear the whole area". <_< But for me, I just finished killing the Urutan Exile. realized that I need to kill 1000 Urutan Yensas for it to appear... then I need to kill 100 more if I want it to appear again.

7. Kitty

I'm not patient enough to think like this. I just save the frustration and use a guide for these tedious sorts of sidequests. This thread does make me want to take a look at my last save file and see how many of these guys I did manage to find, though.