• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Quick Tech-Related Question... Screen Scaling Issue?

Discussion in 'General' started by Become, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Since the research I was attempting to put into this topic didn't yield the information I was looking for: back in the winter, I decided to drop my hefty weight in overtime pay from the holiday season into getting a new laptop. It's worked as well as I can expect technology to (ya'll know how it is).

The major thing that's been bugging me is that, from my understanding as a result of the laptop having a 4K display, a few of my programs have been odd interms scaling (I'm ignorant to these terms, so forgive me if I'm off). A lot of the resources I've dug up from the web only seem to change the size of the icons for the programs as they appear on the desktop. But what's making more of a problem is that things within the programs themselves are just displaying way smaller than I can work with; things like, for example, the icons to access tools within my music notation software and photo editor. It's to the point that I frequently have to bury my face into the screen to make sure I'm selecting the right tools.

It's my understanding that 4k display as thrown off quite a few programs in this way; especially the lower budget/free stuff, as well as older versions of some programs; the latter might at least provide the solution to my notation software. Short of simply trying to upgrade all of my programs, is there any sort of quick fix that I can make to correct this? Or is my only option to just abuse my zoom-in functions as best as I can?

2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Sounds like a software problem not a hardware problem.

3. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

In what sense would that be though? Like my computer is just faulty in that regard? Or just that the programs that have that issue weren't developed to scale properly? Because my old laptop didn't have this little quirk.

4. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Hmm. I might've overlooked what you were saying. Try a smaller display resolution.