• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Possible Idea for a new FFVII game?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy VII' started by Twilight Keyblade, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul Knight

Soul Knight Guest

Here is an idea. Genesis awoke to save the planet correct? Well remember what he told Weiss at the end of DoC?

Genesis to Weiss: "It is not yet time for slumber brother. There is still much work to be done."

This made me remember the japanese only multiplayer of DoC. See before Weiss took control of deepground the rulers of deepground were a secret group of SOLDIERS called the restrictors.

Now in the multiplayer of DoC we only saw one Restrictor but it has been said there are many restrictors. So what if these other restrictors what to take revenge on Weiss and since Weiss and Genesis share some genes the restrictors also go after Genesis.

What do you guys think?

2. Burnin'-Axel

Burnin'-Axel Flurry of Dancing Flames

Hm...well im going with that idea for the moment due to lack of imagination and because I have a disease called not-wanting-to-think-at-the-momentgites. But i don't think Genesis will be a "hero". I mean, the way he looked at the end, and the way he sounded when he picked Weiss up....dude looked like he wanted to take over the world.

3. Soul Knight

Soul Knight Guest

Dude have you not looked at the book called "Crisis Core Ultimania"?

It was revealed in this book that at the end of Crisis Core that Weiss and Nero took Genesis to deepground. It was here that some of Shinra's scientist took some of Genesis' genes and spliced them with the tsviest.

This is why Genesis called Weiss his brother. They share the genes through an experiment instead of through actually family. It's a metaphore.

Now at this time Weiss and Nero tried to convince Genesis to help them take over deepground and kill the restrictors. Genesis denied this offer and decided to find a way to repay Minerva who was the goddess in Crisis Core and the goddess from loveless.

In Crisis Core after Zack beat Genesis there is a scene where Minerva cleansed Genesis of his degradetion and she decided to let Genesis live so he could carry out his dreams of being a hero.

So after Genesis refused Weiss' offer Genesis went the the flooded cavern under Midgar where he sealed himself in a bubble. Here he would sleep waiting for the planet to face a crisis. This was his way of thanking Minerva for opening his eyes to see he was wrong and for giving him a second chance.

Now as we saw at the end of DoC Genesis awoke which means a crisis is about to face the planet and it's the chance Genesis has been waiting for to be a hero. Square - Enix later confirmed that Genesis had awoke to protect the planet not take revenge on it.

So this is why some believe the next FFVII is going to feature Genesis as the main hero. And according to the stuff Square has said regarding Genesis it seems very likely he will be the next hero.

4. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Shinto's Moon God

I agree with Soul. The information is right. Genesis wants to be the hero and since that happened at the end of Cerberus it means the world is in a crisis.

5. Burnin'-Axel

err...no. The farthest i've gone in the FF7 series is the secret ending with Genesis and Weiss. I know nothing of Genesis besides what the G-Files told you in Dirge of Cerberus. I've wanted to play Crisis Core but i have no PSP. And as for the book....There's a book?

6. Tsukiyomi

Apparently there is a book. Who knew?

7. Burnin'-Axel

"nods" So anyway, Genesis is probably going to be the new hero. So...why didn't he awaken when Omega came? Was it because he knew that Vincent (Chaos) and friends would strike it down? If that's the case, that means that Cloud, Vincent and the others aren't going to be able to do it alone right? Or that it will take place somewhere too far for them to go to?

8. Tsukiyomi

Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

9. Soul Knight

Soul Knight Guest

Axel, you really should play Crisis Core. It reveals so much more about Genesis. The project "G' stuff in DoC barely tells you anything about the truth of Genesis.

You come to learn in CC that Genesis is one of the most important character in the series if not the most important. If it was not for Genesis the stuff in FFVII, Advent Children, and DoC might not have happened.

Now about this book I was talking about, it's called an "Ultimania". Everytime Square releases an important game they release an "Ultimania" book of it that reveals some stuff that was not put in the game. Thought Ultimanias are only released in Japan.

They even have a KH 358/2 Days ultimania out now.

Crisis Core's ultimania reveals the stuff about Genesis that I stated in my post.

10. Apocalypse735

Apocalypse735 New Member

So with those hints of the Cetras, there's a possibility that Aerith wasn't the only one left in the world. Interesting.

I want that book! D=

For some reason, I see either Jenova or Sephiroth trying to strike back again, or...Shinra trying to get his company up and running again. Then again, there's so many possibilities. The first option would be kind of bittersweet, since Sephiroth and Genesis use to be friends in Crisis Core.

I really do like the Restrictors idea though, since I'm sure they would pretty much hate Weiss or because they didn't appreciate his superiority over the Tsviets. I don't know; some villains have strange reasoning.

It'd be very nice if Zack got a part, being as how I'm niave and he's one of my favorite characters. Maybe Genesis will see him in flashes or he could help Genesis in a way?

Whatever the next threat is though, I'm thrilled about it. Genesis is an awesome character, and he deserves his own game!

11. Josh Homme

Josh Homme New Member

Ever since I played DC I've been waiting for another game. I think FFVII needs to end at some point, but I can't help but to want another game. I

12. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

I have a feeling the next game will involve a "reunion of the three friends" Genesis, Sephiroth, and Angeal (Angeal->Zack->Cloud, meaning Cloud is the stand in for Angeal). And I honestly think that Genesis may not survive, I don't know why and am in no way prepared to offer a reason, but thats just what I think.

13. Tsukiyomi

THey better make a game about Genesis. I really hope so.

14. worbs

worbs New Member

Genisis huh, to be honest i think it would be a great idea to create a new final fantasy 7 after the dirge of cerberus game where sephiroth, angel and genisis come bk and try to take over again that would be good but make the game longer than dirge of cerberus i was finished with that game in about 3 hours not long enough for that type of game if you ask me

15. Blade

Blade Heroes Have One or Two

erm, maybe they could make 2nd Generation?

16. Tsukiyomi

Yeah. I just want this game to happen because I want the world to see Genesis as a hero. He deserves to be a hero. Don't you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.