• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Pokemon Amethyst Version [RESET]

Discussion in 'Canon Roleplays (IC)' started by Become, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Upon the topmost tier of a high tower, four figures stood amid the ancient ramparts, silhouetted against a rising sun upon the Eastern horizon. Above them, perched upon the roof of the tower's chamber, sat a fifth figure.

Asserting their role as the dominant presence, the seated figure spoke to the others. "Word from Cypress came in just now. He's recruited his agents."

"Took him long enough," quipped a scathing voice from below. "How many rounds of interviews did he need? Like twenty?"

"Hey, don't blame the Professor," argued a third voice. "If it was that hard to make a decision, that just bodes well for us."

"Indeed," a fourth voice contributed, calmer and more agreeable in tone. "The more worthy candidates, the better our chances are. IF one of the ones he picked out fails--"

"But we can't think that way. No, no, no." The fifth and final voice chimed in with cheer. "They'll all do well."

"Even if they have what it takes," spoke the first voice again, "they're working against the clock now. We're running out of time. If we're going to make our move, it has to be now."

The other four voices all mumbled in agreement, and together, the five silhouettes retreated into the castle...​

Dear Pokemon Trainer,

If you are receiving this message, then it means that you have been hand-picked by me, Professor Oliver Cypress, to participate in a research project that I have been arranging. I have been studying this region of Acirema for some time, trying to find the root of the phenomenon that allows for so many of the species of Pokemon to exist within a single region; something unheard of in other regions.

I believe that you, as new trainers, minds fresh from a proper education in the care and development of Pokemon, are the most suitable to assist me with this project. So, how can you help me, you ask? It's very simple: I at 9AM this coming Monday, you will all report to my laboratory in Yaksha Town. There, you will receive a Pokemon of your choice, and venture out into the Acirema Region on your very own Pokemon Journey. On this journey, you will face off against the top Trainers of the Acirema Pokemon League, the Gym Leaders.

If my theory holds any weight, the towns within which Pokemon Gyms have been established hold the keys to explaining the peculiar phenomenon. Certainly, the Gym Leaders and perhaps even the Pokemon League itself, hold the key to understanding this, and are more than willing to explain such information to anyone who can prove themselves. In fact, they've told me that they are more than willing to assist me with this... they're actually the ones that put me up to the idea of sending out trainers!

Be weary, however. Word on the road is that I'm not the only one seeking out the answer to this riddle; others may not be so benevolent as me in their pursuit of this knowledge, or its application for that matter. ​

"Finally!" Darrick's voice chimed loudly through the waking household as he tightened the last straps of his backpack, which had been filled to its capacity to accommodate the needs of the journey ahead. He had spent the entire week prior preparing for the traveling and roughing-it necessities and a few small items of want. Having checked, double-checked and triple-checked his items, he was certain that he had accounted for everything he needed, plus a bit extra. "Yeah, that's it," he mused, stepping back from his expert packing work. With a sense of satisfaction, he pulled the backpack up onto his shoulders, tightening the shoulder straps to comfort and fastening the supports at the waist and chest.

He only spared a few extra seconds there, standing before his mirror, posing in modestly heroic stances as though he had scaled to the top of the peaks at Dragnor.

"So, this is goodbye then, isn't," spoke a voice from behind him.

Darrick stepped aside from the mirror, gazing upon his mother's reflection as she leaned at her arm against his door frame. He turned around, face turning a brilliant scarlet as he bowed and scratched his head. "Aw mom!" he said with a childish whine, "you're not gonna embarrass me all the way to the lab, are you?" He chuckled out loud, stopping only when he realized his mother wasn't chuckling along with him. He stared into her stern, yet caring and somehow saddened face, and quickly retraced his comments in a more serious tone. "It won't be forever," he assured her. "I won't disap-- I mean, you know I'll come back. I promise!"

"I want to believe you honey," his mother said, stepping into the room and hugging him with her arms wrapping around his head. "It's just... such a dangerous place out there these days."

"Oh for Arceus' sake stop coddling the boy Diane!" Another voice harassed from down the hallway, followed closely by the thud of a hardwood cane against the floor. Not seconds later, an elderly gentleman, deeply resembling Darrick with sixty extra years on him entered the room. "He's not a child anymore. And this one's got his father's blood in him that's for sure I can tell you!"

"Yeah ma," Darrick chimed in. "I'll be fine!"

"Oh Grandpa Kuhn," Diane said, throwing a disapproving look at the man while letting go of Darrick. "As old as Darrick gets, he's still my son, still my child. It's only right for a mother to worry about their child. As should a father, AND a GRANDFATHER for that matter."

"Oh I worry about the boy alright," Grandpa Kuhn retorted. "But I also trust that he's got good enough a head on his shoulders to handle the tough times as they come. I taught him as best as that; his father more so than me, or so I'd say."

"He's right! I can handle myself out there! Just like Dad!" Darrick gently wrested from his mother’s embrace and resumed the proud, achieving pose from the mirror.

"Yes, speaking of his father," Diane continued. "Where is he? I thought he'd be in town to see his son off on his journey."

"Oh that son of mine is sure to be around before the boy hits the road," Grandpa chuckled. "Fashionably late; that's his style. ’A Pokémon Master doesn't dawdle, not in the least. But he also doesn't rush himself either.' At least that's what he told me... after I spent twenty years telling him. Now, we'd best be sending the boy off. It's about quarter after eight already. Don't want him getting hung up on our account." Grandpa Kuhn proceeded into the room himself, waving his cane lightly, ushering Diane and Darrick out the door, down the hallway and out the door, all the way humming "May the Road Rise to Meet You."

At last, Darrick took his first steps out the door and into the mid-morning sunlight washing over the small valley town. His rear end was a bit sore from a few stray whacks from his grandfather's cane (for which he had received a soft spoken "sorry, meant for her, not you" apology). Chuckling, though uncomfortably at the love taps, he set off down the path from his house.

He turned back only once to wave to his two family members as they waved back from the door. Setting himself on the road ahead, the young Pokémon trainer-to-be made pace down the hill from his house, connecting with the main road through town. The path was a straight shot to the lab, bringing him past the Pokémon Daycare and the Trainer School. At the very end of that same stretch stood the sleek, super-modern Pokémon Research lab, the home to the studies of the renowned Professor Cypress.

"Almost there!" His pace quickened, taking a slight hop to his stride as he got closer to the lab. Checking the time he saw that there was still about fifteen minutes before the scheduled meeting time. Still, his speed increased. He reached the double doors in mere moments, nearly at sprint, and burst zealously into the lab. “Professor Cypress?” he called, catching his breath after grinding to a halt. “Hello? Anyone home?”

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

. . . Beep . . . Beep . . . Boo . . . Bop . . .

, came the sound of her alarm emitting rapidly from her holo-phone. It was then a goofy, yet pixelated point-dexter appeared above its monitor, "Dear Pokemon Trainer, ", he said with enthusiasm. But his words were completely muffled by the girl's shriek, and a sudden thud, suggested that she fell out of bed. It wasn't because a strange young man, seemingly a hologram, saw her in her PJs, but because today was the day that Sarah-Kate would receive her first Pokemon companion and begin her journey as an official Pokemon Trainer. It was days before she had received this very same message from Professor Cypress, and ironically she had the very same reaction. But she wanted this message to replay on the day that her adventure would begin.

Sarah-Kate now rubbing the sleep from her eyes disarmed the alarm, and quickly strang into action. Once, a clean and tidy room was messy and unkempt the next. Clothes flew in search of the perfect outfit, and brushes littered the room. After the storm had settled, a fully dressed and well equipped Sarah-Kate had just finished. The looming aroma of breakfast brought Sarah-Kate to the kitchen. There, her mom with breakfast ready and plated was seated at the table. Sarah-Kate smiled at her mother, and began to eat. Both ate in silence for well over several minutes, and it wasn't until both had finished their meal before one of them spoke.

"My little girl is growing up!" her mother said with such pride in her eyes. "You have such a rough journey ahead, and I so desperately want to hold your hand the entire way there, but a mother has to know when to let go!" tears begin to swell. Sarah-Kate reacted by hugging her mother. Both smiled at one another. "You know, this journey is also one of womanhood" her mother said wiping the tears from her eyes. "Before you know it, you'll be bringing a man home!" "MOOOOOM!" Sarah-Kate whined. "Now, don't be a "Little Miss Sassafrass!". Sarah-Kate, puffed out her cheeks. Sarah-Kate and her mother exchanged a few more words. "Mom, I love you!" "Sweety, I love you too!" With one more monumental bear hug. Sarah-Kate separated herself from her mother and ran out the door. After running a few ways out, she turned around to see her mother waving, and Sarah-Kate waved back, and continued her sprint to Professor Cypress Lab with tears in her eyes!

3. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

A bullet train that ran through most of the region had begun to slowly arrive at Yaksha Town, home to Professor Oliver Cypress and the Training School there. On board was a young 15 year old boy, who was prepared to go get his first Pokemon from the professor and embark on his epic adventure. The boy had talked so much about how he was going to meet the professor and he was going to be sent on a great adventure. His parents told him it was nothing more than research, but the word adventure sounded much more interesting. He had talked the ear off an elderly woman who sat next to him who, although he thought he was bothering, had enjoyed his story and company.

However, all of the talking had worn Krimson out who already had little to no sleep the night before, due to his naturally anxious nature. Knowing this to be his stop, the elderly lady tapped Krimson on the shoulder, gently but also firmly. Krimson slowly began to wake up, his turquoise colored eyes revealing themselves to the world. He looked over at the woman and gave a hearty smile.

"Good morning ma'am," he said with a drowsy expression.

The lady pointed to the outside, noting that the train had arrived in Yaksha Town. The boy's smile grew wider, realizing that he was only moments away from obtaining his very first Pokemon. He waved at the old lady and walked onto the platform. "Thank you ma'am," he said to her from the outside. He wondered momentarily what her name was, and remember the woman never said a word to him the whole time. "Oh! I don't even know your name!" And with that, the doors closed and the elderly woman simply waved goodbye as the train took off.

Krimson shrugged, not getting the chance to thank you elderly woman properly. He reached around into his bag and pulled out a pair of attachable roller skates. He stuck them onto the bottom of his shoes and began to take off out of the station. It wasn't long until he found his way around the trainer school and to the Pokemon lab. He stopped right at the doors and took his skates off, putting them back in his bag. He took a deep breath, hoping to calm himself down for the overwhelming experience the awaited before him. He looked at the door with determination before nodding and opening it.

As he walked through, he noticed another boy in the room with him, no doubt a fellow trainer as well about to start his journey as well.

"Um, hello there," Krimson said aloud to the boy, a hearty smile appearing across his face.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  4. Become

While the notion of good manners told Darrick to stay put in the lab's foyer, his impatience overpowered him. Weeks of anticipation had built up to the moment he stepped through those doors, and he wasn't ready to wait around anymore than he already had. On the will of this impatience, he set about the laboratory, peeking around every far off corner and the tiniest of nooks as though even a crack in the wall might yield the elusive Pokemon Professor. His voice chimed like clockwork throughout his search. Always, it was the same words: "Prof? Professor Cypress?" The process continued until he had scoped out the entire main floor of the laboratory.

Finally accepting that the Professor wasn't in, he kicked his sole across the polished tile and made a somber procession back to the foyer. His return was well-timed. As he entered from the back rooms, so too did another person enter from outside. The solemn demeanor broke like glass. Darrick beamed at the other boy. Equally as cheerful, he approached his the new company. "Hey there!" he said, extending his hand. "Darrick Lee Kuhn III. You wouldn't happen to know where Professor Cypress is, would you?"

5. King of Darkness

Krimson smiled and reached out his own hand for a friendly handshake. "Krimson Red," he said happily. Upon hearing Darrick's question, Krimson quickly glanced around, looking for the apparently nonexistent professor. "Oh, he isn't in yet? I guess we're a little early then, huh?" He let out a small chuckle before rubbing the back of his head.

"And here I was thinking I was late," he thought to himself.

Upon thinking about it further, Krimson's expression lit up even more after looking at Darrick a second time. "Oh! You must be one of the other trainers Professor Cypress requested for, like me!"

6. Angel

Sara-Kate had finally made her way to professor Cypress's lab surprisingly quickly. If her ambitions were the steering wheel then her fiery personality was indeed the engine. In front of her, were large double door, presumably heavy, but this didn't stop her from opening them with the force of a striped-back gorilla. The impact of the large doors hitting the walls created a loud thud that echoed throughout the lab. If that wasn't the pentacle of loudliness, Sara-Kate easily surpassed it with mere words. "Professor Cypress, I'm Sara-Kate, the next Pokemon Master"

7. Become

Darrick's joyous expression multiplied, radiating over the entirety of his face. "YUP!" he exclaimed, in more of a cheer. "Name's Darrick. Darrick Lee Kuhn." He bowed his head and extended his hand in greeting. "The Third," he added on in haste. "It is kind of strange that the Prof isn't in. He seemed way more --."

A loud crash jumped Darrick's exhilarated nerves, and his feet followed suit, separating cleanly from the floor a split second. Breaking his eyes to the lab's entrance, he found that the double doors had been flung wide open with an impressive force. Imprinted against the brief outdoor backdrop, the person responsible seemed the least likely to have generated such force: a petite kind of girl, not even as old as Darrick was. The shock emanating from the girl didn't stop with slamming open the door; in the presence of her boisterous bravado, Darrick himself admittedly felt a bit uncomfortable.

After a slight withdraw and a recovery, Darrick set his attention fully on the girl. "You're kinda yelling to the wind there kid," he said. "The Professor isn't in just yet. And I'd hate to burst your bubble, but by the sound of it, you're gonna have a lot to learn before becoming a Pokemon Master."

8. King of Darkness

Krimson jumped a bit upon the loud bang the doors created after swinging wide open. Krimson put his hands in front of him, his head turned away from the doors, not knowing what exactly to expect. What came next was a female yelling for, what sounded like, Professor Cypress. After she finished talking, Krimson finally turned to look at the incredibly loud young girl.

After examining the stranger quickly, and hearing Darrick speak first, he followed suit with a weak shrug and an awkward smile. "Yeah, sorry. We were actually waiting for the professor ourselves." After a few seconds, Krimson brightened up once more and waved to the young stranger. "I'm Krimson! And this is Darrick! The obvious guess is that you're here for the adventure too, huh?"

9. Angel

The . . . professor . . . isn't . . . here?! she said stringing along her words. "Then where is he?!" Sara-Kate walks further into the lab. The boy waving his hands catches her attention. "I'm Krimson! And this is Darrick! The obvious guess is that you're here for the adventure too, huh?". Sara-Kate smiled! "Not really, moreso for my dream to become a Pokemon Master! she said slightly getting loud again. She then faces the other boy and uncomfortable gets too close. "And for your information, you need two things to make it as a Pokemon Master, heart and soul, and honey this girl has both and then some" she exclaimed using her outdoors voice.

10. Become

Darrick couldn't contain his amusement so easily with Sara-Kate's show of attitude. Undisguised chuckling accounted for most of his sentiments, a hearty laugh even escaping as she 'snapped' at Krimson. Though he still reeled back slightly against her awkwardly point-blank scold, he retained a hesitant smile. Once she was finished, his amusement was back in abundance.

He heaved a second laugh of amusement. A rush of chuckles quickly brought him back under control. "Well, you've got enough heart and soul for all of us, that's for sure." More pointedly, he postured himself after the teachers at the Pokemon Academy. "But you've gotta slow down, hear? Brawn and spirit can only do so much for you out there." He shot a pointed index finger to the sky as he recited and old quote from his father. "A true Pokemon Master is one whose vigor is tempered by their knowledge and experience."

11. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

The trip from Dragnor to Yaksha was supposed to be a scenic trip the whole way down. Or at least that is what Hector had initially thought it to be. Considering that both Valora and Spectra cut off Dragnor and Nixtorm from the rest of Acirema, any normal path out of Dragnor would involve traveling underground. Due to that, Hector took a different path to get to Yaksha. Instead of taking the normal ground route, Hector opted for the skies. He and his father traveled on the back of a Dragonite. This too had the unfortunate side effect of not giving Hector time to see the surrounding areas. The Dragonite traveled fast, too fast for Hector to get a good look at the land beneath him.

"Don't complain too much about it. You'll get to see it all firsthand soon. So what's a little more waiting?" His father would ask whenever Hector mentioned this.

-----

"There's the laboratory now. You see it?" Hector's father asked as the Dragonite began to slow down.

"Umm... That one, right?"

"Yep. That's it. Let's go Dragonite." The Pokémon dived down, landing on the ground just outside of the lab. It was a safe landing, although the Dragonite's size caused it to land with enough force to make a loud noise, shake the ground a bit, and kick up some dust. Hector slid down the back of the Pokémon and stretched his body a bit. He then caught the backpack his father tossed down to him. "Here you go. All stocked and ready for your journey."

"Thanks dad. I'll see you when I return to Dragnor."

"Be sure you're strong enough to beat the gym when you do."

"Will do." Hector waved as the Dragonite took to the skies again and flew north. He then turned to the laboratory. It was at this moment that he noticed the doors were wide open. Looking inside he saw three other soon-to-be trainers standing in the foyer. "Well, this is a little embarassing." He thought to himself, seeing that the other trainers could've seen that interaction between him and his father. Setting that thought aside, Hector walked into the lab. "Hey." He spoke with a smile and a wave. "My name's Hector. I can only assume we're all here for the same reasons."

12. FON

FON A Lazy Comic Artist

The boy snored as he slept, his arm hanging from his bed as he was in a deep sleep. The giant dog looked at his master's son, seeing how the boy was still sleeping and snoring. The Arcanine nuzzled his younger master and licked his face, trying to wake up the boy. That manafed to work, as the boy chuckled and looked at the orange and cream dog Pokemon,

"Morning Fenrir..." the boy yawned, looking around his room, and then at the clock, "Hmmm... 9:01.... WAIT 9:01?!"

The boy grabbed his clock and looked at it with widened eyes, and quickly jumped out of bed, stripping out of his PJ pants and changing into jeans, no time to change sleeping shirts, there was no time, at least to him. He boled into the kitchen, pulling up his pants and went to the porch door to grab his shoes, passing by his mother who was currently doing dishes,

"What no good morning kiss?" she chuckled,

"Gimme a second!" he said as he slipped on his shoes and rushed to his mom, pecking her cheek in a swift motion and made his way to the door, only for her to speak again,

"What about breakfast?" she sighed, which caused the boy to rush back over to the cubberds, and pull out a loaf of bread. Grabbing into the bag, he pulled out a slice and shoved into his mouth, went to the fridge and pulled out a soda, and finally made his way on out. His mother sighed as he rushed to the door, slamming into it without even opening it,

"Johnny it's only a 5 minute walk to the lab..." she said,

"It's 9:01 I don't wanna be any later!" he said as he grabbed the doorknob, only for his mother to stop him and pull him away from it. She then smiled and hugged her son, and he hugged her back tightly and blushed,

"Take care of yourself," she smiled, kissing his forehead,

"I will," he smiled, and then headed to the door, "Love you!"

"Love you too," she smiled, seeing her anxious son head on out.

Eventually, the young boy sprinted to the labratory, trying to stop his running as quickly as possible, but quickly found himself tripping, and then falling through the open doorway of the labratory, landing on his face upon the marble floor, groaning as he got up, in a wobbly fashion. As he got up, he took notice of the four other kids his age here. Welp, there goes the first impression. He patted himself off and looked at the four, coughing and then beginning to speak,

"Sooo.... I-I'm guessing you guys are here for the Professor too?" Johnny asked, trying to regain composure

13. Angel

Sara-Kate scoffed at Darrick's delusion. And before she could counter with a full-blown rant, a thud was heard, and one after the other, two newcomers had arrived, a serpent lover and some goof. At this point, Sara-Kate was done with these anime-cliches. And without acknowledging anyone any longer. She pushed passed the two individuals and back outside. She then shouted out the professor's name! "Professor Cypress. YOU'RE LATE!!!"

14. Become

In spite of his best efforts, Darrick found himself once more on the recoil. The scoffing of the girl preambled what might have been another icy, verbal lashing. Now growing genuinely nervous of Sara-Kate, he threw full glances to Krimson, as though expecting the other boy to back him. This was to no avail, however; Darrick found his then only partner silent, evidently as unnerved by Sara-Kate as he was.

Just as he readied for the worst, his attention, following Sara-Kate's, was pulled towards the doorway. Two new trainers had rushed in through the open entrance; Darrick had been invested in the girls onslaught, and hadn't noticed the two until they were well within the foyer. Hastily seizing his opportunity, he withdrew from the annoyed hopeful and took his place at Krimson's side. He watched the other two boys assert their place int he room only to be shoved at as Sara made her way to the outside. Seconds later, he was covering his ears with the palms of his hands; small as she was, the girl had lungs and a voice that could have cut through the air of Dragnor's peaks.

"Professor Cypress. YOU'RE LATE!!!"

In answer to Sara-Kate's call came jump-worthy clattering and shattering of assorted lab materials crashing to the floor from somewhere in the back of the building. "Leaping Magikarp! What's the ruckus all about!" shouted a startled voice. Footsteps followed down the hallway and into the foyer where the trainers all stood.

When they all were to look towards the hall, they would find a most unique of fellows standing in the archway. The man stood with impressive height, perhaps six and a half feet. Yet his was a build of chiefly thin, wiry lank; if there were any shred of muscle to the physique, it was difficult to distinguish it from the bones beneath. Everything about the man's build gave the impression of a much shorter man that had been stretched to almost ridiculous proportions.

He was visibly disheveled, an effect only worsened by his stature. His posture seemed lopsided, struggling with the sizable metal box he carried under his rope-like arm. His glasses slightly askew and the white lab coat that was about a size too short for him was crookedly buttoned. At first crowning this awkward appearance was the wild bush of hair, which puffed out at the back of his head as though he hadn't taken the time to comb it when he had woken. If he looked like anything to the kids, it probably would have been a made scientist from a movie.

Everything, however, about the man's appearance was overshadowed from the moment he set eyes upon the gathering in the foyer. Dumbfounded, the man gazed around, meeting each child's eyes as he passed over them. With an abashed 'ugh' he smeared his free hand down his face. "Oh dear! Is it that day already??? I'm so sorry. So so sorry. I could have sworn I had another two or three days..."

"It's OK, Professor," Darrick was first to step towards the man, who he was certain was Professor Cypress...

"... No no no..." the professor continued on in a lamenting tone. "... And the lab is a mess... Really should start using my day planner more often... The Kangashkan are all ornery! Oh how could have been so distracted to forget about the lab tour day!?" The professor's last words came as though directed at Darrick.

"Umm... Actually... Professor," he said, strangely enough, he felt more nervous around the Professor than he did being yelled at by Sara-Kate. "We're the trainers you recruited from the Trainer School. We're here to get our Pokemon."

"Uh?" the Professor cocked his head to the side as he searched his mind. "Doi!" he said, slapping himself on the forehead. "Yes! Yes, yes, yes. Today is THAT day. I'm getting all jumblesd up these past few days. My Monday was like a Thursday, My Wednesday like a Friday. I think I might have skipped Saturday and Sunday... Just so busy; I'm the Professor you know!" Gaining some posture and looking less awkward, Professor Cypress placed the box down, stood up straight and cleared his throat. "IF, you hadn't been already aware, I am Professor Cypress, assigned Pokemon Authority of the Acirema Region, with a particular focus on Pokemon anomalies. But that's enough about me. I'd like to know all of you first. Let's say, ladies first." He ushered for Sara-Kate to come in closer. "How about, your name, where you're from, and... favorite ice cream flavor."

((I do hope everyone likes my Professor Cypress)).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  15. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Hector was surprised that Sara-Kate walked right past him and yelled out for Professor Cypress. Talk about an introduction killer. "Oooookkkaaayyy... I suppose I'll just have to introduce myself to the group again later. What a wonderful day this has been so far." In fact, her brashness caused Hector to not even notice Johnny's tripping through the entrance. Even though he was closer to Sara-Kate than the rest of the soon-to-be trainers, her yelling wasn't bad to him at all. After all, his mother could be a hundred times louder when she was angry.

Hearing the noises from inside the laboratory and seeing Cypress walk out caused Hector to have to stifle a laugh that almost escaped him. Sara-Kate's yelling seemed to have been improperly done since the professor was inside the lab the entire time. With that thought in mind, Hector leaned against a wall while Cypress began with the introductions.

16. Angel

What Professor Cypress didn't know was that Sara-Kate was going to be first anyhow. He luckily avoided a horrible and awkard scene.

Sara-Kate was born ready for this moment. As soon as Professor Cyprus had finished his sentence, the answers poured from Sara-Kate's mouth in the same tone and amplitude as before. "The name is Sara-Kate. Born and bred in Yaksha Town. My favourite flavour is Vanillish. And I'm your best candidate for Pokemon Master!" she said again being redundant, but reiterating for everyone to hear.

17. Become

"Ah YES!" Professor Cypress exclaimed at the top his voice, craning his neck upward as he shouted to the ceiling. With his stilt-like legs, he paced in massive strides in a circle around the lab's foyer. "Vanilla! Plain, indeed. So very simple, yet at the same time bold and ever-enduring against the coming and going of time. A mainstay, perhaps overlooked on the account of chocolate, but a classic nonetheless."

The professor halted precisely on the spot he had begun his pacing from. Without much forewarning, he lowered himself to one knee, bringing himself just a head over Darrick's height; the decision to speak to Darrick next seemed more on the impulse of boy being where he was, rather than on the genuine desire to hear him next. "You, young man," he said, rushing his words in a comical tone. "Same questions."

"Well..." Darrick began, feeling a bit set back at first. "Darrick Lee Kuhn... the Third," he started, shaking off the shock of the professor's aloofness. "I'm from right here in Yaksha Town as well. I've wanted to be a Pokemon trainer for... pretty much my whole life as far as I can remember. And my favorite flavor of ice cream would have to be mint chocolate chip."

"Mhmmm." The professor, now calmer than before. "A strong yet sweet flavor. One pleasing to the taste, albeit a bit abrasive to some. In any case it leaves a noticeable after taste that carries on well after the treat has been consumed... EXCELLENT!"

Leaving Darrick to stumble back in surprise at the last bellowing word, Professor Cypress resumed his full height. His gaze then fell to the two that remained near the entrance. After a quick juggling between the two, his index finger fell upon a boy who looked like he had taken a tumble coming through the door. "How about you? Come now, this no tie to be shy."

18. FON

FON A Lazy Comic Artist

Johnny went wide eyed at how, eccentric the Professor was so far. A lot of people he heard of from the Day Care would go on about how well known and respected the professor was. The young man was not expecting this introduction. Then he quickly saw the index finger of the man point at him, and Johnny was now put on the spotlight. What was with the whole ice cream thing? The young man stammered for a moment before speaking,

"W-well I'm Johnny Daniels, I live here in Yaksha Town too, and my mom owns the Day Care and I work there too, and I would love to have my own Pokemon and journey with them. And uh... my favorite flavor is chocolate,"