• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Noticed something neat

Discussion in 'General Kingdom Hearts' started by Derek, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Noticed while making the gifs. In the sequence, Sora passes the Oathkeeper to Riku who briefly dual wields it. Nice lil touches make you admire animation of any sort.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

The animation in this series is one thing which I don't think I've ever had reason to criticize. I'm afraid I'm blanking on where these particular images are from, but they remind me of the scene in Deep Dive when Riku and Roxas were swapping keyblades. I like when a series includes little nods like that, whether intentional or not.

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

It's the only thing that's been really consistent to me. People always griped about fish face (not sure why) but it's always animated greatly. They're from the DDD opening I think, I had a bunch mashed together in adobe and made gifs just to see if I could learn how.

I love that vid! The animation is so smoootttthhhh
    If you notice, there's some shots of Roxas after the keyblade is passed and he'll have the oathkeeper and kingdom key.

4. Kitty

I thought Deep Dive was the coolest damn thing when I first beat Kingdom Hearts back in the day. I remember spending hours on forums debating about what it all meant. S-E is good at including little details (like those specific keyblades) into their animation sequences. I think that the animation has always been as good as the console would allow- even COM on the GBA looked decent.

Thanks, I'll have to look it up.

5. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Give it and the KH3 opening a look. The 0.2 isn’t bad either.

The GBA shocked me back in the day. I didn’t know it could produce that decent a quality.
    The games secret shot of Roxas along with that KH1 Deep Dive made a rush of good topics.

The ones I was most involved with was the birth by sleep debates.

Kitty likes this.
  6. Kitty

I will!

Yeah, I was the same. This video comparison of the GBA and PS2 versions of the cutscenes in the game really shows how much they pushed the GBA's limits in my opinion.

It was a simpler time then.

7. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

One of the best comments for the 0.2 Opening I ever read was "This made me feel like they were actually friends way more than BBS ever did". lol It's not some grand masterpiece it just gives you more show than BBS' tell.

Seeing them side by side is a first for me! The GBA was really pushing it's limits. o-0

It was. =[