• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

My small head-canon

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 1' started by Derek, Aug 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So for a long time there has been a mystery that has never been addressed, even now. That is the mystery of Sora’s “body” after Hollow Bastion. Specifically after Sora became a heartless and then Kairi made him human again.

If you’re wondering why this is relevant, well it’s due to this.

You see, the thing about this situation is that Roxas was born in that moment. Roxas is Sora’s nobody, this means that Roxas was made from Sora’s body+soul.

This creates a plot hole because if Roxas was Sora’s body then what was Sora after Kairi changed him back? The series has never addressed it. And to be fair, it’s moot at this point because Roxas merged with Sora later making him whole.

It’s always kinda annoyed me, many have made headcanons for it, but there is no officially stated reason. Then it kinda just came too me, Sora did have a body at that point, his heartless body.

It’s not official but it’s such a simple head canon for me, I mean think about it. Heartless are darkness made real, they are physical entities with tangible bodies.

Sooo my theory has always been that perhaps Kairi just reshaped Sora’s heartless form. When she brought him back she hugged his heartless form and then there he was with a human form again.

Tdlr. My theory for years is that Kairi just reshaped Sora’s heartless body into a human one with her unique powers.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I can't say that I ever really thought about this. There wasn't anything about nobodies when KH I was released, so I just chalked it all up to THE POWER OF LOVE and moved on, and in playthroughs after the release of COM and KH II, it was just an event that happened in the game and I didn't stop to question it. I'm usually so damn irritated at this part of the game anyway, since I have trouble with Riku's boss fight, so I'm ready to move on.

You do have a point about it being a plot hole, though it's probably best not to think about it too closely. I haven't heard any of the other head canons to explain it, so I don't know how yours stacks up, but it seems like as good of an explanation as any.

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

That boss gift was the bane of my 12yr old life Dx lol

All explanations stack about the same. Mine is just simpler for since I've become to where I don't think too deeply either.
    Back when I did it just made all the holes more apparent which makes ya enjoy the story WAY less.