• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Memory Lane

Discussion in 'General' started by Nova, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Yet another vet thread I'm bringing over to the general section.

Post some memories of things that stand out to you from your earlier days of this forum.

I remember when Kitty and Al were the only two admins and we had a bright yellow banner.

Kitty likes this.
  2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

EbAl was actually the only admin- I was a super moderator back then because I had issues with authority and I wanted to leave any hard decisions to someone else. >_<

I'm not sure I remember the old banner, but I remember that it was colorful and I liked it. It was a good looking site for a while, but once Lionheart and nitro sold it, it didn't get updated much anymore.

I remember when hitting 1000 posts was a huge deal. I think EbAl was actually the first one to do it, because he roleplayed, and it was always the RPers with the highest post counts. I was always tempted to turn off post count in there because I felt like people sometimes spammed in there to get their post counts up, but I suppose it was a good thing I never did. It was somewhat surprising when I came back from hiatus and saw so many people with 8, 9, and 10,000 posts.

I remember when I joined up and the graphics section had virtually nothing in it. I started up Signature of the Week contests and we had a pretty nice section there for a while. @Vox was there for that early time, although I think he was xelhes back then. Right? Name changes throw me sometimes.

Coding used to be a huge thing when I joined, too. The Action Replay Max thread was massive and was posted in non-stop. I think it's still the largest thread on the site.

Also, I think a lot of very old posts have been deleted over the years. When I look back at older threads, it doesn't seem like there are as many as there should be. This makes me sad.

NeRo likes this.
  3. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Yea i remember joining back when i was so obsessive with Graphic design. i was trying to make that section active and healthy with contest, shops and SOTW. good times.

EtherealSummoner and Kitty like this.
  4. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

The graphic contests were the best. What pushes me to design even more. I honestly enjoy that more than roleplaying and we should bring that back. Roleplaying was good, had fun in the arcade section fighting for the top scores and Goldfish was fun to talk to... and the drama which I can laugh at now.

5. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Sounds Familiar. I made @Vox have to be the "bad guy" way to much on staff myself. So I can't judge xD

The first one I remember was Destiny Island but it had a yellow color to it and had pictures of the main characters in little circles. Wasn't a fan of it myself but I know a lot of people really liked that one.

I think at some point post count in Roleplay was shut off... or that might have been the 'spam' section. But I want to believe it was both of them for some reason. Now it seems more unusual for people to have under 1000 posts. It kind of switched on us.

The graphics section was pretty decent for a while. I think it was even more active than the roleplay section when I first joined. Sometimes I miss that. I was too bad at it to really participate back then.

Wow I completely forgot that coding was a thing here. We don't even have a section for it anymore :(

I'd almost say let's bring back the contests but I'm not sure how many people would participate these days. We have more role players than anything else. :/

I miss the arcade! Never got to take back the high score of archery from @Kairu >.< I think I was trying to beat @Desert Warrior at one too but I dont remember which one it was.

The drama was always fun. I was just remembering when U told everyone he was a guy and @Vox got super triggered about it. Lol

Kitty and RebelMurf like this.
  6. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I think that's the one I'm thinking of. I did like it, but I've liked most of the banners.

If post count was shut off in RP, it wasn't by me. :) For years we had problems with the General Section and Spam Lounge/Member Lounge, so I know post counts were turned off in there because of that. And yeah, everyone left from the old days has a pretty high post count. Someday maybe I'll catch up.

Most of the time, I think the RP was the most active, but there were times when it switched up and graphics took off while RP was a little dead-ish. I wish I still had photoshop; I would like to see gfx come back, but I don't think there are enough of us left.

We still have the section, it's in the General Kingdom Hearts section. I had to close down the Action Replay Max thread, though, because there were a few members who were spamming it like crazy with just random talk amongst themselves that should have been done on profiles or in PMs, and after that, the section started to suffer and those members eventually moved on.

I kinda miss the arcade, too. I sucked at most of the games, but it was fun.