• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts: Daybreak (IC)

Discussion in 'Canon Roleplays (IC)' started by King of Darkness, Sep 22, 2015.

1. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

Jordan squinted a bit as he watched Deimos hop from store to store with just as much enthusiasm as Sophia and sighed a bit. "I feel like the odd one out here. So much for not drawing too much attention," Jordan said to himself before taking a deep breath. He stuck both his hands in his pockets, quietly and closely, following Sophia. He occasionally glances at the shops being passed by every now and then, however, he never thought to stop past and actually browse any of them. He was more concerned with making sure that the young ball of energy he was following stayed safe. The last thing he needed was to have an entire universe out for his head with no current idea on how to get back home.

Sophia finally stopped at one particular store that seemed to attract little to no business, with a young man, appearing to be in his 20's, behind the counter, reading a magazine. The sound of gum chewing could be heard behind the magazine as the man leaned on the counter on one elbow, completely negligent of whomever would be walking into the shop. "Hi Macree," Sophia cheerfully announced upon entering the store, hoping to get the young merchant's attention. After several seconds, Macree managed to break his gaze from the magazine and looked up at the door with a comforting smile.

"Princess Sophia. What a wonderful surprise," he said, his voice warm and inviting. "Ah, my apologies. I suppose it would be Queen now, no?"

Sophia waved him off and shook her head. "No, no...Princess is just fine Macree," she protested.

"Queen?" Jordan thought to himself, this being the first to hear about the promotion in royalty for Sophia.

Before another word could be said, Deimos had showed back up, apparently to interrogate Sophia about her love life. He spoke so fast, Sophia completely lost him early on, and merely gave him a dumbfounded look. "Um...I don't think I quite follow," she said, stepping away a bit.

Catching the hint of being slightly put off by Deimos' aggressive behavior, Jordan firmly grabbed Deimos by the collar and said, "That's enough of that. She's shopping. Sorry 'bout him."

Macree raised an eyebrow at the sight of these two strangers and gave them a bit of a dirty look. "You know these folks, Sophia?"

Sophia smiled and nodded in response. "Yes, these two are our newest visitors on a mission so I was showing them around town a bit to better help their stay." And to keep them away from everyone in the castle, although she would not admit that. Nor would she admit that she was quite uneasy around the both of them but did what she was doing in some attempt to make them believe there was no reason to harm anyone else here.

Macree looked at Sophia then to the two men before nodding slowly and replying, "Alright then. Well we just got some new dresses in if you wanted to try anything on."

Sophia brightened up and immediately replied, "Of course! Jordan, do you mind if I go try on some dresses for a bit? I won't be too long, I promise!"

Jordan shrugged and sat on the couch closest to the door. "Just holler if you need something."

And with that, Sophia quickly grabbed a few dresses and darted away into the changing room while Jordan appeared to be drifting off on the couch, arms folded and his head downwards. "If you're trying to hook up with the princess or something, cut that shit out," Jordan said to Deimos, in a whisper he figured Macree would not be able to hear. "We got no reason to attract feelings or anything towards anyone here. We have a mission to do. Point. Blank. Period. Soon as she's done showing us around, we head back to the castle, talk to Virgil, break Kate out, and kill the son of a bitch we came here for, got it?"

Kate smiled and hopped to her feet, one hand resting on her hip while she stared into Kousei's eyes with anticipation. "Please, I don't care if she shit rainbows, we're not here for you pretty little princess," she said, smirking. "As long as you promise not to interfere with our business then we got no reason to harm anyone here...well besides those guards from earlier obviously. And I'm a soldier, not a damn hired gun. I have morals. If your "something" goes against my code or the code Jordan taught me, then you can forget it. Now, we doin' this thing or not Greenbean?"

2. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Kousei raised a single eyebrow to kate and offered a sly smile. Placing a single hand around the bars black shadows wove around his arm and forcibly pulled down the barrier, A green aura flashed for a breif second and the bars turned into dust. " Before we set out a question" His hand remained outstretched as the shadows spawned a small cage around Kate. " This code of yours, and these apparent morals....before i let you out i need to know if you're ok with shedding the blood of assassins and mercenaries because that's where things for me start and it's only going to get worse. " There were details Kousei kept hidden from Kate, of course these were things she did not need to know but if it would make her easier to work with he would be willing to share some information.

Kousei had been tracking down the assassins guild that had his family killed for years, as of a few months ago he was able to locate one of their main headquarters, or at least where the people he needed to interrogate would be meeting. and he needed Kate to make sure no one entered or exited the building. In other words, No Survivors.

-----

Virgil waved Deimos off and sat down on the grass. Not much went through his mind these days, his family was safe and they were aware he had gone off training and would be gone for a while, but evenhe did not forsee the event of being pulled into a black hole and teleported to an seemingly alternate world. " I've gotta find a way back but it's not so bad for now....i've got things under control here...eh.. mostly" He said with a chuckle. The brisk wind fluttered about letting a cool breeze wave through his hair. " Deimos you've got a long Road ahead of you.

3. Key King

Key King Member

Palmund had not been walking long when a commotion from the infirmary caught his attention. Immediately he headed for the noise, but along the way caught sight of someone else.
    A tall man with silver hair, who apparently had not left the infirmary himself all that long ago, was heading somewhat in Palmund's direction. Palmund was relieved to finally find someone who was more than just a castle guard, and changed his course yet again.
    Coming closer, he recognized the young man from his previous time at the castle, and though the years had ensured that Palmund couldn't entirely place his face, he still had the faint recollection of times past.
    However, when he noticed that the man was wounded, and rather severely, with a long cut down his body, Palmund instantly felt uneasy. Something was bothering him, but nevertheless, he made up his mind to investigate this near-stranger further
    "Hey, you there!" he called, catching the fellow's attention, "Yes, you! I'd like to have a word with you if I may!"

4. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Raven felt some slight amusement from Kelianne's reaction alongside the reassuring feeling that Kelianne was a good choice. While she considered letting Kelianne dragging her the whole way, she kept a pace that would only make it seem like Kelianne was dragging her. "It isn't so much a matter of trust as it is a matter of trying to remain in control. You do have a point about Virgil though. I wonder what his impression of Jordan is. Like you said, he should know better. I can only assume that when the two met they interacted long enough for Virgil to be willing to leave Sophia with Jordan."

As the pair walked, Raven saw Palmund out of the corner of her eye. Fortunately he didn't see her. "So grandpa number one has made his move. I wonder how the King of Darkness will act. That being said, I'd rather the great uncle here not see me for now." Raven hurried her pace, this time pulling Kelianne along until the pair were far enough away from Palmund that he wouldn't notice.

While Raven didn't harbor any dislike towards Palmund, she had a habit of keeping away from the extended family. Given that Sophia's parents were the only ones who really knew Raven, she couldn't see Sophia's grandparents viewing her in a positive light. To them, Raven saw herself as a wild card. Someone they couldn't control in any attempts to sway Sophia to their side. In that sense, it didn't matter that Raven's only intentions were to protect Sophia. As such, Raven did her best to avoid the rest of Sophia's family.

"Sorry about pulling you away so suddenly like that Kelianne." Raven spoke as the pair exited the castle. "I just happened to notice a distraction that would stall us from finding Sophia. Which also brings up something I should have mentioned with asking you to fill the role as one of her guards. In light of the king and queen's assassination, our roles have extended. In addition to protecting Sophia from any harm, it is incredibly important we protect her from her family. I fear that her grandfathers may try to draw her closer to them and use her against the other."

5. King of Darkness

Kate stared on in great amazement as she watched the bars that had contained her moments ago disintegrate into nothing more than dust now. She smirked and calmly strided out of the room, adjusting her jacket a bit as she began to approach Kousei. "Not bad Green Bean. You seem to have your uses alre-" Before she could even take two steps, she was suddenly contained once more in a smaller cage, now being quickly interrogated by Kousei. "Oh for fuck sakes kid," she groaned aloud, growing tired of the trapped in a cage shtick. "Mercenaries and assassin's? Dude, that shit's cake. And besides...it sounds like we got a common goal then." The idea of hunting down hired killers invoked a bit of hope in Kate. She had assumed that she would not be of much help to Jordan if she were to help this stranger with any deed he needed done, but it had seemed that his plans aligned perfectly with her mission: to eliminate the assassin who killed Genesis and attempted to kill Jordan back in the Void. If anything, she could catch a lead on this individual, if not kill him herself.

"Now, fuck face, can we go now?"

6. Xeren_Ozone

Xeren_Ozone Member

Thalia's eyes scanned the crowds as they normally did. The young woman had become an expert at making herself blend in after plenty years of practice. A hood pulled over her head kept light from reflecting in her eyes, and her hair pulled up made enough of a lump under the hood's fabric to hide her horns. Her tail was concealed beneath her cloak, and the rest was hidden under the visage of darkness her hiding spots always provided. Since denizens of the Dark Realm often would be brooding in dark corners, Thalia learned to find the pockets of shadows free of any interruptions of that sort. Places where she could watch, be a spectator.

Typically, she looked for anything that she might learn, or take. People talking a bit too loudly about something interesting, someone leaving an object where it could easily be grabbed, those sorts of things. Recently however, her lambent gaze seeked something else. From the descriptions she had heard, the girl that piqued her interest was small- perhaps as small as herself, with flowing locks of blonde hair, piercingly blue eyes, and a cheerful aura that seemed to follow her wherever she went... at least, that was the perception Thalia had been given.

She kept watching for anyone that seemed to match this archetype. It wasn't easy, given that a good portion of those from the Light fit that profile, but after a bit of time spent striding through the streets, she finally saw a young girl about her age that seemed to fit the descriptions. The lady looked to be accompanied by a particularly grumpy looking red-haired man, and his equally grumpy looking, paler friend. Thalia could tell by the girl's attitude that she was not one of Darkness- or, not completely, at least- yet she still spoke to the two darker looking young men as friends. Perhaps it was not completely rare to see ones of Light and Dark conversing so freely, but Thalia had noticed a recent tension between the two groups. Regardless, this was enough to draw Thalia to the group.

As the three headed towards another shop, Thalia followed them. Still in the visages of her enviroment, as she normally moved, but open enough that her gaze never left the party. She was so focused on following them that she hardly even considered the risk of breaking her typical covert strides, perhaps forgetting them altogether as she followed them into the shop. As she entered, she realized what she'd done to herself. Now she was in a store with nowhere to hide, following what could very well be the princess herself, and quite possibly appearing incredibly suspicious while doing so. Though she had lost sight of the girl, she could still see the two men... and with how out of place and probably devious her entire scene looked, it was likely they would notice her as well.

7. King of Darkness

Jordan yawned loudly, having awoken from the briefest of slumbers only to realize that the Princess was still nowhere in sight yet. While there was the obvious hurry in finding the assassin he had come to this world for, less he allow the culprit a strong enough head start before him, he more so became a bit concerned as to if the Princess were safe or not. This feeling was a bit odd for Jordan, but he ignored it's irregularity.

"Welcome to the shop, dark and creepy," Macree said, without having to look up over his magazine.

Jordan looked up curiously as to whom he was referring to only to see a dark figured woman, hooded from head to toe. Jordan bit his lip a bit, his heart beat racing from anxiousness and curiosity.

Macree peeked over his magazine at the stranger and sighed. "This is a shop for fashion lady. So unless your an undercover model trying to stay low from the paparazzi or something, your friends are right there sitting down." Macree then mumbled out under his breath, "So help me, if any of you mess up my shop..."

Jordan continued to stare at this strange woman, as he could feel a great amount of power coming from her, all of it dark. Jordan smirked a bit and said, "She's no friend of mine, but the way she's looking at me makes me uneasy." He quickly stood up, sticking his chest out in an intimidating fashion. His eyes began to shift from there soft gray color to a now deep red as he began stepping up to the stranger. He put his head close to her ear and whispered, "You here for me or the princess? Because either way we got a problem...especially if you're with Mr. Black Leather."

8. Xeren_Ozone

Xeren_Ozone Member

Thalia had started to panic a little. She tried to never, ever let someone notice her, and here she had gone and surrounded herself by people. When the man reading his magazine spoke up, specifically to her, she turned her head to look at him. She was, by no standards, an expert in fashion. The only kind of culture she understood relating to fashion was what she was able to surmise from people she watched. Whether or not that was good fashion, she could never really tell. She heard another voice behind her, but her mind was racing so fast she didn't even think about it until suddenly the voice was right in her ear- or, horn, rather.

When she turned and found her face to face with one of the men, his eyes now glowing a deep red, Thalia nearly had a heart attack. She gasped and stumbled backwards, falling flat on her ass. Had she been in a decent mind to yell at herself for looking like an idiot, she probably would have. She stared up at the man in silence for a good bit of time. It had been a while since she'd last talked to someone... long enough that she couldn't remember when that was. There were a few seconds without words before Thalia finally replied. "M- Mr... Mr. Black L- Leather?" She stuttered over her words. "No, no, I don't know, um.. I don't know who that is..." her hands had started to tremble slightly. If she were any kind of assassin, she'd easily be one of the worst in the business. "U- um.. yes, I'm here t- uh.. the princess, yes." Thalia nods as though anything she'd said made sense.

9. King of Darkness

Upon having heard the stranger speak, Jordan quickly rubbed his eyes out and stepped back a bit. By the time he finally looked back up, his eyes had returned to their usual gray color. He held his neck looking off to the side, clearly embarrassed by the entire situation. Just by seeing her facial expressions, he could tell she had absolutely no ill intentions in mind. With that said, he felt terrible that he had jumped the gun so quickly. "Shit....shit, I'm sorry about that," Jordan said, looking away from her. "I was just, uh...well I guess there's no excuse for that one, huh? Don't worry about the Black Leather thing. I was just making sure you weren't trynna hurt the Princess, is all."

"Smooth," Macree said, turning a page in his magazine.

Jordan covered his face for a while before looking back up at the strange female with a more welcoming smile, a demeanor 110% different from that of a few seconds prior. He stared at her hands trembling, and his heart sunk a bit. While he could be a mean and intimidating figure, that was usually only when absolutely needed and towards those most deserving. This girl clearly meant no harm, so Jordan felt entirely guilt ridden. "I didn't mean to startle you. Here, let's start over." He held out his hand and smiled. "I'm Jordan, Kin-well, let's just go with Jordan for now."

10. Xeren_Ozone

Xeren_Ozone Member

Thalia was more shocked than anything else. The dark demeanor of the young man had seemed to disappear completely, and his new-found kindness seemed like... well, actual kindness. Though moments before her heart was racing with fear, hoping that nobody would see her scales, that thought had basically vanished from her head. Not that it was no longer a concern, but she was so startled by the man's reaction, she didn't know what to think.

"Y- yes.." she slowly replied. "That would be good... starting over." Thalia extended her small hand to shake his, not even thinking about if he saw the scales on her forearm or not. "Jordan... well, um.. it- uh, it's good to meet you Jordan." There were another few moments of silence, mostly caused by confusion on her part. Formalities weren't often something she encountered. Finally, she remembered how this sort of thing work and replied with a warm smile. "I- I'm Thalia." her hand had mostly stopped trembling by the time it reached Jordan's, perhaps not completely though.

11. King of Darkness

Jordan smirked and shook her hand, slowly, as to not be too sudden and freak her out even further. "Well Thalia, it's a pleasure to meet you," he said, glancing down at her hand only for a split second, enough time to notice her scales. He had seen far worse in the Void, humans corrupted by Darkness so much that they were completely unrecognizable as such, so he gave little attention to it. He cocked his head to the side a bit, watching Thalia's body language. "Am I making you nervous? I don't mean to. If you want I can get-"

At that second, Sophia had finally emerged from the changing room, wearing a small blue dress that looked less extravagant as her former one and more like casual wear. It stretched just past her knees a bit and Sophia wore a large hat to go along with it. "Soooo, how do I look," she said happily, twirling a bit to show off her dress to the room, having no idea that Thalia was even there.

Macree looked up momentarily, staring at Sophia and her choice of dress. He smiled and returned to his book, without saying anything. Sophia then looked to Jordan, as if awaiting his approval before she noticed a strange looking individual standing next to him. A bit surprised, she cocked her head to the side curiously and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't holding up the only available changing room was I?"

Jordan smiled a bit as he looked at Sophia in her possibly new dress. He stared her head to toe before nodding and replying, "Cute. I mean, definitely you. Anyway, this young lady right here said she was a friend of yours?"

Sophia stared at the stranger a bit before walking over to join the group, looking at her more closely. "Oh?"

12. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

"Palmund? Is that you?" Deimos was walking back from his talk with Virgil and while he had a lot on his mind, he noticed the old man as he approached him. "What can I do for you?"

"PARTY TIME! Jordan, I found a rocking fucking outfit and I wanna get it but I also don't because it's really fucking expensive., and... the Princess says I look decent in it, so I figure you know, why not, but I mean, I like my armor and... Oh. Hi there. And who the fuck are you?" The shadow raised an eyebrow and looked cautiously at the cloaked girl, standing protectively beside Jordan, in case he had to fight.

13. Xeren_Ozone

Xeren_Ozone Member

Thalia's eyes looked over the girl in surprise. Had her venture really been this easy? Panic attack aside, was a normal life this close to her this whole time? "Not um.. not friends, no." She looked exactly like she had been described. "I just wanted to meet you, is all." She found herself not really needing to ponder her words as much for some reason, like she had started to develop some sort of comfort. "It's nice to meet you, Princess Sophia." Almost without thinking, he pulled the hood off of her head, letting her hair down free- as well as revealing the horns and scales that adorned her. In the light, the cyan rings around her deep blue eyes reflected, making them seem to glow. "I'm Thalia." She smiled as though she had practiced this moment in her head over and over... which she had. She was so caught up in the excitement of meeting the Princess that she hadn't even noticed the other newcomer.

14. King of Darkness

Jordan hit Deimos hard in the gut, not appreciating his sudden rude intrusion. But even after doing so, never did he take his gaze off of Thalia. He didn't know if it was the horns, the markings on her face, or just her eyes, but Jordan was entranced with her appearance. "Wo-"

"Wow," Sophia exclaimed, so incredibly amused by her horns, more so than anything else. "Your horns are so....so...cool!." Before doing anything else, she extended both of her hands and took Thalia's into her own. "I hope you didn't come too far to come meet me! Come, come! We're going to have to get more acquainted!" She started to drag Thalia out of the store before realizing she still had to get her old dress and pay for this new one. "Oh, wait. One second." She ran over to the counter and dropped a large amount of munny on the counter for Macree before running to the back and grabbing her dress and stuffing it in a bag by the counter. "Um, Macree, I still have some dresses back there but-"

"I got it Princess. Go have fun with your new little friend. And stay safe, ya' hear," Macree said, raising a hand above his magazine to wave off the group.

Sophia smiled gratefully and took Thalia's hands again, excited to meet her new, unique looking friend. "Ok, so where do you want to go? Do you know much about the area? Ooh, let's go eat! I know a great ice cream shop just a little ways away from here!"

Jordan put a hand on Sophia's shoulder for a second, a confused look on his face. "Hey, tone it down a bit, alright," he said to her, in a concerned tone. He looked to Thalia and asked, much more calmer and more natural than Sophia's excited speech, "You hungry?"

15. Xeren_Ozone

Xeren_Ozone Member

Thalia's smile widened from horn to horn, and it wasn't likely it would shrink any time soon. Even as she had played the scene over again and again in her head, she never saw it going this way. As Sophia cheered excitedly along with various questions and speak of ice cream, Thalia couldn't do a thing to respond. All she could do was giggle and laugh.

There was such a stark difference between how her life was not even half an hour ago and how it had turned now, she couldn't do much else. Though Jordan was trying to calm the the princess, Thalia didn't particularly mind the questions or the estatic actions. She was simply happy. Quite begrudgingly she pulled her hands back from Sophia's long enough to pull that old cloak off. Though the scales along her thighs were visible now, she didn't really care who noticed them now.

When Jordan had finally gotten the princess to calm a bit and asked Thalia if she was hungry, she nodded, her smile not getting smaller in the least. "Food would be wonderful."

16. King of Darkness

As Thalia finally revealed herself to the group, Jordan and Sophia both had smiles on their faces. One because they had never seen someone like her before, and the other because they had become entranced in Thalia's unique look that balanced between a normal individual and someone who had been in close contact with darkness. In a way, it reminded him of himself.

He quietly replied to her, "Great. Then le-"

"Let's go," Sophia exclaimed, grabbing Thalia's wrist and exploding out of the door. Jordan just gave a deep sigh as she ran out, wiping his face with his hand. "Pull yourself together Jordan," he told himself, before following the duo out the door.

Sophia guided the group through the still busy street and made her way down an empty alley which led to a small candy shop that seemed devoid of all life, even a shopkeeper. Sophia let go of Thalia's wrist as soon as they approached the shop and ran up to the entrance. "Miss Lispirn? Hellooooo," Sophia called out, her hands behind her back as she patiently awaited a response. From the shadows in the back of the shop emerged a small girl who looked to be no older than nine, with rugged blonde hair and dirty clothing. She yawned a bit as she climbed up on top of a crate and stared at her customers.

"Yooo, Sophia," she said in an extremely laid back tone. "Don't you know what time it is? It's a quarter past my nap time, fool!"

Sophia giggled and replied, "I'm sorry Miss Lispirn. I just met some new friends and I had to bring them to the best sweet shop in the world!"

Miss Lispirn waved her off and smirked, "Yeah, yeah. You just trynna flatter an old lady. Now, what am I getting you fools?"

Before Sophia could open her mouth, the tiny girl just interrupted and said, "Let me guess...'Lemme get some of 'dat world famous ice cream Miss Lispirn!' Am I right fool?" Sophia happily nodded and Miss Lispirn simply sighed and walked away. After several minutes, she returned with four cones, one in both of her physical hands and two more in the hands that her shadow had formed, which was now walking beside her. "Alright, alright, eat up fools!"

Sophia happily reached out for two cones, giving one to Thalia and the other for herself.

Jordan was simply amazed by this little girl who seemed so talented with the darkness, so he hadn't even reached for his and Deimos' yet.

"Hey fool, I know I look good, but I'm 436 years too old for you," she said.

Jordan's eyes widened a bit, coughing at the shocking revelation. "Uh, um, I'm sorry ma'am," he said, quickly reaching for the ice cream, one of which he gave to Deimos.

17. Xeren_Ozone

Xeren_Ozone Member

The young scaled girl thought the whole event was somewhat strange, but since everything seemed strange to her right now, she just shrugged it off and figured this was how life went. She enjoyed it of course, and the cheerful swaying of her tail showed that. She took the ice cream and started enjoying it. It was rare that she ever got to have it. Since ice cream melted, it wasn't at all easy to scavenge or find lying around. But this, it was one of the greatest things she'd ever tasted.

"Mmm.." she sighed, her tail shuddering with enjoyment. "This is wonderful, thank you, Sophia." Had she not been preoccupied with her ice cream her ridiculous smile would have returned.

Thalia noticed Jordan just staring at the small girl behind the counter. When the shopkeep told him off for this, Thalia had to cover her mouth to keep the ice cream from coming out she started laughing so hard.

18. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Kelianne coasted surprisingly swiftly through the castle, considering that she, to her knowledge, had Raven in tow. In spite of several other Knights tempting her off course with their approaches and concerns, she shrugged off any and all distractions that might have enticed her to stray...

That was until, out of the corner of her eye, in a corridor leading out towards the courtyard, she caught an unmistakable glimpse of a familiar individual: a robust man, proud and wise in look alone, and without a doubt a powerful one at that. Her heart rose a bit at the thought of the man's presence, for it meant, to her, that the situation was indeed being taken seriously.

With an intent to speak with this man, she endeavored to pull Raven down the corridor. This effort was met with a shocking turn of tides. Before Kelianne could make head way down the corridor, she felt a rough tug, at her own arm; now she was the one being dragged... straight through entrance hall and out from the castle gates. Not even Captain Garrick had the opportunity to catch up with them before they left the keep.

"That was Lord Palmund back there!"
    Kelianne said slightly pouting. She finally pried herself from Raven's grip. "I'd have liked to have spoken with him; word from home, and all." She heaved what felt like her thousandth sigh of the day. "But if you'll insist... No. You're right, we mustn't allow ourselves to be distracted." By then, they had nearly reached the outskirts of town, the lot of which seemed a ghost town. "Now, where do you supposed she'd have gone to here?"

19. Key King

Key King Member

Palmund's eyes widened a bit as he recognized the young man standing before him. Now much closer than before, Palmund began to work out the intricate changes the years had left imprinted on the youth.

Once the distinction was made; however, a rush of memories flooded Palmund's already clouded mind. He recalled his time spent here with a much younger Deimos, who had grown substantially since Palmund's last visit.

Deimos' creation had greatly peaked Palmund's interest, and the project was one of the multitude of reasons the old traveler had for visiting the land. At first, the young boy's distant manner had left Palmund quizzical to the success of the project, but watching the youth grow and become, well, human, had fascinated Palmund until the day he left.

Regardless, Palmund had always treated Deimos as a sort of estranged nephew, and seeing a friendly face, especially one of a boy who had not only been inseperable from Sophia, but also her main defender in the realm, gave him a much-needed relief. Surely, if anyone knew where Palmund's niece was, it would be Deimos.

"Deimos!" said Palmund, his shock and nostalgia quickly subsiding into his typical, broad smile as he recognized his friend. "How have you been, lad?" he remarked, clapping Deimos on the back, absentmindedly sweeping the bodyguard into his search by wheeling the younger man with him as his strides continued. "Have you any idea where my niece has gone?"

20. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Raven thought of an answer for Kelianne. "Well if she's showing them around the town, then at some point she'd probably take them to get some sweets." While Raven was speaking, several orbs of light rose up and circled around her. The orbs paused before launching away from Raven at incredible speeds. Seconds later the orbs returned at the same speed, the momentum creating a strong enough current of air to cause Kelianne's hair to get a bit ruffled up.

To the unsuspecting, these orbs of light zipping by would take them completely by surprise. One of the orbs rushed towards Sophia and the others, stopping short of hitting any of them. The orb had stopped for an incredibly brief moment before zooming away back where it came from. Admittedly Jordan or Deimos might consider themselves to be under attack from that.

"Found her." The light that shot out quickly had traveled through the couple surrounding blocks, all of them returning when the one got close to Sophia. This method of using her light wasn't something Raven had ever mentioned to anybody before. It was similar to Raven's "Light Compression." By sending out her light in this way, Raven could get a sense of nearby light or darkness once the light she sent out returned. As such, Sophia's twilight was easily recognizable. "Aside from Sophia, there are four other people there. Jordan, his companion, and two others." Raven realized this was the first time she mentioned to Kelianne about Jordan having a companion other than Kate.

"Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if companion is the right word. He seems to be a shadow connected to Jordan." She explained as the pair made their way to Sophia.

Raven looked at the group as she and Kelianna approached Sophia. There was Sophia, Jordan, Deimos, the storekeeper, and one other Raven had never seen before. She didn't look completely human. She was curious who this person was and why she was with Sophia. Admittedly this was starting to make her look bad as one of Sophia's guardians.