• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts: A New Dawn

Discussion in 'Canon Roleplays (IC)' started by King of Darkness, May 21, 2014.

1. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Kelianne wasn't quite the emotionally savvy type; in fact, she was incredibly ignorant and exceptionally blunt when it came matters of feelings. Still, though she couldn't see the Princess' tears, she could hear the trembling clearly in the sound of her voice. Yet as much as she wanted to be able to say something comforting, she lacked the right words, or at least the right grace with which to say them. She gave but a single nod, albeit unseen. "Y-yes, Your Majesty," she said obediently, standing perfectly upright. "If you wish it, I will leave and await you outside with the others?"

=========​

"Excuse me? Sir?" A guard, clad in the armor of the Knights of Darkness approached the silver-haired man standing by the soon-to-be graves of the Twilight King and Queen.

Nils only half-regarded the guard's pardon, turning his head over his shoulder to get a glance of the warrior. "Are you addressing me?" he said coolly.

"Yes," the Dark Knight responded, brandishing a spear in anticipation of insubordination. "I must ask, have you any business at the ceremony today? If not, then I must ask that you vacate the pre-- huh?" The guard fell silent as Nils turned around and thrust the paper into his hands. He looked at it, face expressing shock as soon as he started. "So you're--"

"Yes. I am," Nils nodded, cutting the guard off.

"So then that means--"

"Indeed." Again, Nils cut off the guard in mid-sentence.

"So then--"

Nils' arm moved up in a flash of speed and suddenly a Keyblade lay level with the guard's chest. "That's enough talk. You're acting like you've just met a ghost. I am who that contract slip says I am and you'd do best not to question it. Now run off. I have my post, and you've yours. You wouldn't want to be caught not following orders, now would you?"

"Of course not!" the guard said in a fluster. "My apologies, Mr. Nils. I shall inform the Captain that you are in position." The guard saluted and ran off towards the crowd that had gathered a short distance away."

Nils watched the man's departure and his gaze fell onto the crowd as a whole as the guard vanished into its midst. "Carter and Edmond should be here by now. Bless them; they've certainly been dedicated to this cause, whatever their intentions may be."

2. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

Awaking to a subtle warmth, and a spinning head, Zol slowly lifted his upper body up from the pile of trash bags he found himself lying in. The sun beamed down from the sky into the alley he was in, and into his face. Off to his right, there was an empty liquor bottle.

"I drank that all last night?" Zol thought. As he looked over to the left seeing puke, he realized that last night he had had another night of trying to get over the death of the king and Queen of Twilight. Zol had been in the guard that was supposed to be in the King and Queens service the night of the murder, but he instead had gone to party with a friend in celebration of a birthday. Now here he sat, the King and Queen, who he had admired his entire life for their great dedication and character, we're now dead. Not to mention that his friend had died only 2 days after the royal murder, due to recklessness from intoxication.

Zol assessed his situation. Jobless, friendless, depressed, liquor-less, and leaderless. Not to mention he had a headache and was sitting on trash in an alley. What was it all for? What had he gained? The answer: Nothing. He lost all he loved the day he ignored his duty. But, today was the day of the funeral. The least Zol could do was attend, especially after his grave error. A grave error that had the potential to split the world. Zol slowly stood on his feet in the spinning world around him, and began the journey back to his "home."

Upon arriving to his secret hide away, Zol realized it no longer deserved the title "Secret". The place had been ransacked. Zol's clothing, Munny, and supply of liquor we're gone. The rest of the hideout was in a dismal state.

Suddenly remembering and panic struck, Zol pushed his bookcase out of the way, unveiling the whole in the wall. Luckily, inside the hole still sat Zol's assault rifle, dagger, and emergency Munny. At least he had something to hang onto.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  3. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

Angel, glared harshly at Deimos, having only paid attention to his last words. "Love? What the hell are you going on about, dark sucking jackass? Sophia is my friend. Got it? F-R-I-E-N-D: FRIEND!" Her cheeks began to turn a bright red color, clearly embarrassed, before she began to walk away. "Whatever, I'm going to go get more appropriately dressed. This isn't exactly funeral apparel."

Sophia, figuring that she had wiped her face clean of tears, dropped the pieces of toilet paper into the toilet and flushed before walking out. She gave Kelianne a cheerful smile, shaking her head at her. "No, that won't be necessary Miss Kelianne. I believe I'm fine now." She looked at herself in the mirror and began wiping her face of her runny eye shadow, before reapplying it carefully.

"I just," she began before pausing in speech and what she was doing momentarily. "I just don't understand why Angel, or anyone, has to be that way. Not everyone from the dark is bad, right? Just like how not everyone from the light is bad. I don't know why there is all this hate for...for no reason..."

Valdus had arrived at the castle now, but was masking his strength as best he could, in hopes of surprising his granddaughter. Five of his best men surrounded him, protecting him from whatever may threaten him during his time here.

Particularly anyone of light descent.

Their orders were to prove as a barrier between Valdus and anyone who was born of Light, the exceptions being Sophia, of course, and Gabriel Grady, the King of Light.

"The only thing giving me strength now is the sight of my granddaughter now," he said, before letting out a small sigh. "I am more than sure that she will know what course of action to take after today. Otherwise, I do believe a little persuasion shall work just right."

Just as Valdus was prepared to head into the dining hall to see his granddaughter, he noticed a boy in the garden, apparently training. He watched the boy for a while, examining his movement and skills, enjoying the show. The boy appeared young, but he had the physique and prowess of a soldier of darkness. Valdus applauded the boy before stepping into the garden. His guards began to spread out, two watching the entrance and the other three spreading out among the several windows.

"Ah, bravo my boy, bravo. That was certainly an excellent show you gave. I must say, you are an excellent warrior, indeed." He held his hand out, his other he placed behind his back, and smiled, "I assume you know who I am, but, eh, who are you by chance?"

4. W.J. Solomon

W.J. Solomon Solomon's Reprieve

Will heard the claps as the pounding faded from his ears, the adrenaline leaving his veins. He turned to face them with a scowl until he saw who it was. In an instant he used his left hand to morph the blade back into the top of his prosthetic, his palm skimming the top of his arm and coming to rest at his elbow, folding his arms over each other before he saluted hard. He then slowly strode forward, grabbing his coat of the railing with his left hand as he climbed the stairs. He grasped Lord Valdus' hand as he spoke. "Yes sir. I know who you are. Thank you for your compliments. My name is Will McBride, and I am a friend of your granddaughter's." He breathed, eyeing the king as he slid the old military coat over his shoulders, the gold stars that sat upon the blue and white cloth bright against his black tank top, marking the last rank of the coat's owner as a Knight.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Edmund quietly walked through the castle, heading towards the burial grounds that they had behind the castle, eyes going across the different areas as he watched the staff preparing for the event. He slowly walked forward, smiling slightly at the fancy attire that many of the castle's inhabitants wore. It seemed like a whole other world from the travel gear he wore. He shook his head, pulling his scarf up as he stepped outside, boots stepping into the dirt with a small patter, his eyes focusing on the gate in front of him. "Such a simple deed caused all these events... perhaps Nils was right, I do have a taste for politics. I could get used to this..." He breathed, climbing the hill that lead to the cemetery.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gabriel entered the hall, warmly greeting the different people that he saw. He quickly stopped to ask a few of the maids and help a simple question. "Excuse me, I am looking for my granddaughter Sophia and her friends. Have you seen them?" He asked politely, a warm smile encompassing him. The lady pointed to the dining hall with a small smile before continuing to her work. "Well thank you my dear." Gabriel called as he entered the hall, the sounds of an argument echoing through them. He slowly walked towards the argument, exiting the other end of the hall and going up a small flight of stairs, seeing Angel and Deimos at the top, both obviously heated. "Should I come back, or can I interrupt you two for a minute?" He said, a small musing of sarcasm echoing in his voice to show how pointless he saw the fight on the day of a funeral. "Might I remind you we are all here for the same reason, regardless of who we are here for..." He breathed, brows furrowing as he crossed his arms.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  5. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

Zol snatched up his emergency money, rifle and dagger quickly, as though he didn't want to risk someone stealing it from right under his nose. After having gathered it all, he headed towards the bathroom. He set his stuff down, and locked the door. Stripping down he hopped into the shower for a quick washing. After having showered he put his same clothes back on, and headed out into the street.

The city was ginourmous, spanning for several miles. And although it had a great size and population, there were no Skyscapers, and it somehow maintained the feel of a small town. There were unique small businesses scattered down every street, everyone was friendly, and there always seemed to be some type of music playing. Zol observed as several children went dashing by him, playing a game of tag. Zol had gotten to know them quite well, seeing as during his off time as a soldier he would either watch them play, play with them, or go drink. Playfully and carefully, Zol procured a magnetic field tripping the "tagger", but using the same field to make sure the hold didn't get hurt. The young boy, whipped around, at first mad, but when he saw Zol he smiled, and kept running.

Zol looked down the street, which was much quieter than usual for a morning. He knew he needed a suit for the funeral, so he made his way down to the local tailor, to see what he could find. Once inside, it was a short visit. He grabbed the plainest black suit he could find, and paid the tailor accordingly.

Zol now wandered on down to the bar, for a drink or two before the funeral. He definetly couldn't go entirely sober. He needed at least a little bit of something keeping him distracted.

OOC: Idk of there is a name for the city, and sorry for any spelling mistake or stuff like that. I'm on mobile and at work, so a bit hard to keep it perfect.

6. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

OOC: Sorry, sorry. Life, birthday, and miscellaneous stuff interfered.

Valdus chuckled as he firmly shook the young boys hand. He placed his own arm behind his back, folding it with his other arm. "Oh come now Will. I understand that you are a knight, but no need for the salutes," Valdus said with a smile. "A friend of Sophia, especially one as strong as yourself, shall be treated like family in my eyes." His purple eyes gleamed in the sunlight as he spoke before he closed them and gave Will a friendly smile.

Valdus was not familiar with Sophia's friends, besides Deimos, and thus wanted to present himself in a rather friendly demeanor, hoping to put whatever rumors they may have heard of him to rest. He always did want to make others love him for his own personal gain.

Angel turned to Gabriel, first not knowing who had spoken. Upon seeing that it was none other than the king, she quickly dropped to a single knee, head bowed. "Your majesty," Angel anxiously exclaimed, too nervous to speak. She stood up quickly, head staring downward at her own feet in embarrassment. "I-I ap-apologize for m-my behavior sir." She glanced at Deimos and elbowed him hard in the arm, wanting him to show the king as much respect as she did.

7. W.J. Solomon

W.J. Solomon Solomon's Reprieve

Will eyed Valdus, distrust flowing through him like blood. "I'm sorry sir, but last I knew I was not a knight. I failed the program." He breathed, pulling his coat closed and beginning to button it in preparations for the funeral. He dusted off the coat a bit before he turned and said one more thing before walking off. "Last I checked, my liege, knights wielded keyblades, not prosthetic arms." He said before going up the stairs, stopping at the door and speaking. "Thank you for your comments on my training though sir, your armies trained me well." He said shortly, entering the building.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Gabriel shook his head before pulling Angel back to her feet. "My dear, I understand respect, but I am an equal. I would rather not have people bowing before me. Now, please show a bit of respect so that this day passes smoothly and without any hiccups. Can that be arranged?" He asked politely as he patted Angel's hand before looking to Deimos for an answer as well, his eyes warm yet stern, similar to a parent scolding a child.