• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

K-pop, anyone?

Discussion in 'Music & Industry' started by Talon, Jan 27, 2012.

1. ü

ü 30•05•2010

Yeah I got to know them around when the accident happened. At the time I didn't really know or think that much about it. But now when I look back I sometimes get upset to think our evil maknae was so close to death.

LeeU, I got so upset when he left. Like genuinely the most upset kpop has made me since DBSK's splitting. But like, at least he's still doing well and so is F.Cuz. I loved the MV aswell and the girl in it ^-^ I don't like sexualization of girls just because they're girls (do you have any idea who she is?).

I have a soft spot for Supa Luv aswell, it's what got me into them.

I was with them since Replay too, like at the time everyone was saying how they were the next DBSK and so I kind of avoided them for a short while, until I actually watched the MV and realised how lovely they really were. Other than Infinite they're the only kpop band that I have the whole Discography for :3

2. Talon

Talon New Member

I was so shocked to hear about his plans to leave - but at least we got some form of warning, unlike when Wonbin left FT Island. I seriously spent two weeks bawling my eyes out over that because not only was he my bias, but FTI is honestly one of my faaaaaaavorite groups in kpop.

I have no idea who she is, but I definitely liked seeing a heroine like that. It was such a breath of fresh air and it gives me a bit of hope that maybe more plot-driven MVs will have cool ladies like that too - instead of the usual mini skirt, martini in hand, always looking at her cellphone kinda girl.

I was never really bitten that severely by the DBSK bug, but I did pay a little bit of attention to them back in the day - but I sorta lost track after they started their jap stuff back up after.... it was after "Wrong Number", I think? They had a few jap releases - I remember "Survivor" and there was another one, that was kinda horror-ish, wasn't there? I think I remember a spider. After that, I lost track of them and before I knew it, the whole JYJ thing started - and then matters were made worse when Hankyung abandoned SJ and shgbfvgfjgbh ugh, 2009 is just a year I wish to forget. Poor Heechul bb was all broken up and crying publicly and sdhvbjfbngjh urge to throw punches was massive. I'm more or less ambiguous about it now - tho, occasionally, news will show up about Hankyung and I end up just shaking my head at what a nosedive he's taken.

3. ü

ü 30•05•2010

I'm glad we got warning, but then it was also difficult to enjoy their Japanese promotions with his impending departure looming. I've never given FTI enough time, I like their songs but I've never really gotten to know the band.

The Cassiopeia bug bite me hard! Seriously, I don't think I'll ever love a band as much as DBSK. Even though I now associate myself with Infinite more, I know that if DBSK got back together as five it would blow everything else away. Also Max Changmin is my ultimate bias. I know the MV you're talking about, I just can't think of the English name.
    I understand why Hangeng left though, as much as I hated to see him go it was better for him after the whole kidney/getting sick thing. I'm happy to see him do his own thing and can't wait for his Chinese comeback! That was a rough time for princess Heechul though, wasn't that around the time he hit the anti-fan?

4. Talon

Talon New Member

I got drawn into FTI just a tiny while after they debuted - tho I didn't know that at the time. I learned that way later, hehe. But yeah... back in those days, Hongki had all sorts of lovely long hairs and adorable ponytails and went on music core and danced to "Rokugo" because Kangin told him to do it. Ahhhh, good times.

I have no idea if Heechul did that or when - it must've slipped between my fingers or something, because this is the first I've heard of it. But regardless, I think I'll always somewhat pine for Geng to return just because I can't help but believe that he's a softy deep down - but then again, would he throw away his own wishes? Again? I don't know... but I guess I'll always have a small flicker of hope that I'll keep to myself ^^

5. ü

ü 30•05•2010

I might go back and watch some of their stuff ^-^

I remember reading it ages ago, and just spent the last while googling it but couldn't find anything? It was something along the lines of some anti's were abusing Eunhyuk and/or Hangeng and he got mad and went back and hit them but appologised after. I might be wrong though.

6. Talon

Talon New Member

Oooohh, that! I know what you mean now. It's a few years prior to Geng leaving - and it was some fans saying rude things about him, because he was foreign or something, and Heechul went back out and went to find them. Here we go!
    Also, the DBSK song with the spider is called "Break Out", hehe. I figured that one out while I was looking at the "Survivor" mv and it popped up in the sidebar XD

7. ü

ü 30•05•2010

That was it!! I just got my times mixed up >.<

Of course! How could I forget!! I'm really bad with the names of DBSK songs because they're all in Japanese/Korean on my ipod >.<

8. Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo New Member

nice to know there are some people here who like kpop :3

SNSD is my favorite and I also really like Shinee, big bang, 2ne1, b.a.p and IU