• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

If Chain of Memories played like KH 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories' started by PinealGland, Aug 14, 2013.

1. PinealGland

PinealGland New Member

If Chain of Memories was remade to remove the card system and allowed you fight the enemies normally like in KH 1 and 2, would you say it is better than the card system? If this is the case, would it be able to stand against KH 1 AND KH 2 in "epicness"?

I would really love to explore Castle Oblivion without having to worry about "Cards".

How about Donald and Goofy fight along side you and the heartless appears without you having to run into them to initiate the fight?

I would like to see a smooth battle with the 5 Org XIII members because they are the only ones that haven't shown us their true talents.

2. Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts New Member

I've never played Re:com so couldn't really comment on the battle system, however I think you can battle the Orgy members in the usual way in Kh2 Final Mix.

3. CutieeSora

CutieeSora New Member

It would be interesting if CoM played like KH I and KH II because you would be able to explore more and have more interesting fights. I'd like to see that one day~ :)

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

If COM played like KH I or II, I would have actually enjoyed it and finished it.

The story was interesting enough, but I just couldn't find anything entertaining about the gameplay and couldn't make myself keep going through to the end. Tossing out the cards would have made a big difference for me.

5. Captin Waffels

Captin Waffels New Member

i like it more as card system it is just unique and different ( and iam also a big nerd so :p ) anyway i liked the slight thing too much cool stuff going there with that system, only if normal Sora can do that

6. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

The card battle system is what makes CoM unique, fun and strategic (as opposed to the other games where you can pretty much get away with button mashing). So, no, I wouldn't like it at all, it would totally suck the "Chain of Memories" out of "Chain of Memories" :-(

7. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I know right!

The Card system makes it challenging. Breaking your opponents movements and their highest number with a "0" then you lose to a "1" sleight. Is to die for!

8. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

^ I found it frustrating, myself. And I tried really hard to like it. I mean, I'd saved up to buy a Gameboy just so I could buy and play this game back in the day, so I was pretty psyched to start the game up. But I don't know; I just never seemed to have the cards I needed, which, granted, could be because I just sucked. But that took the fun right out of it.