• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Idea for a new RP

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Nova, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

So, Sho and I were just talking about possibly doing a private RP. I already made a post about this on my Hope facebook account I was thinking up ideas and the more in depth in this story I got the more I wanted to open it up to more people. It's the typical fantasy RP ya'll have grown to expect from me, I'm sure. Equipped with evil dictator king and family trying to reach god status by being dicks to the little people and a group of rebels forming by accident to squash some bad guy feelings. Because I want there to be a central theme of reviving shiny new versions of old favorite RP characters, anything goes.

I'm going to be pretty relaxed with the main story because I want there to be freedom for people to establish their characters and build their own stories. I know, this is KHPlanet RP blasphemy lol but I think it will help to keep it active where I'm still without a computer. I want more than one major plot going on. The RP ends when the main plot ends though, obviously. I'm opening this thread for discussion of ideas before I post the main OOC. Some of you might have some neat ideas for the main plot and I want to hear everyone's opinions.

As for the main plot, think roman empire-ish setting. Legends, gods, demi gods(don't get crazy though. They still need to be rare), monsters, and LOTS of opportunities for adventure. Back story, our setting was once protected and ruled by a good royal family who are also demigods. Anarchy ran wild and obviously a dictator(also a demigod or other form of powerful creature) used this opportunity to overthrow the royal family and take power. Years later, the rightful heir to the throne is a prisoner (obviously they are the key to whatever the bad guy wants, and also their undoing. This is our main hero. I will NOT be playing this character). Plague, slavery, crime, raids, rebellion, and general discontent has taken over the world. Our bad guy is using his position and power to try to gain god status and immortality. I also want to throw in a war with some other region just to keep things interesting and open the story a little more. But I havent gotten that far. The story starts with the heir getting free and running away. Bad guy sends some important character(I'm thinking an offspring) off to find the heir and bring them back or kill them. Along the way, both of these characters will see the truth about what's happening and decide the dictator must be stopped. They meet new friends along the way, get stronger, face hardship, and yeah that's about all I got right now. A few specific ideas in mind that are more to be discussed with individual players than to the group. But yeah, what are your thoughts?

Desert Warrior likes this.
  2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I do like the idea of multiple plot lines running alongside each other.

3. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Lilith could fit quite well here... I'll have to revamp her a bit, but she'd definitely be a viable runner.

Kill or be killed in a world where the ending is not predetermined. Romance blossoms, romance crumbles. This world we create, will be beautiful.

4. Nova

This is what I was considering for your character. Mine would be the one sent to kill yours.

Also, one side plot I want is a civil war regarding internal issues of out hypothetical universe.

5. Taboo Sho

Sent to kill me, but can potentially fall in love with me? I'm a sucker for that trope. :3

6. Nova

Exactly

7. Taboo Sho

A Civil War would be easy to write up, assuming it's within the country/nation run by the dictator. Hero forms a group to counter the Dictator's rule, is stopped at every turn by Dictator's massive army, until someone comes along who's capable of turning the tide.

8. Colonel Caboose

Colonel Caboose The Man, the Myth, the Legend

You also mentioned a possible war with outside invaders. Romanish empire times could involve viking like invaders, better known simply as barbarians. Which could add a good element in the fact that Norse-ish mythology gods could be at war with the Romanish gods.

Another major war with the Romans came from Carthage which lead to the punic wars. So there is plenty to borrow loosely from actual history in terms of setup.

Nova likes this.
  9. Legendseeker

Legendseeker OPON Content Writer

I would definitely enjoy running a character that is in the war for his own personal gains, like a mercenary, but ends up helping the main character. Those have always been my favorite characters.
    Also, i take it with having gods and demigods, we're also involving a form of magic with as well?

10. Nova

Internal civil war would come either way and I do want there to already be a small rebellion formed against said our friend the dictator but nothing too formidable yet. Legendseeker the character you mentioned might fit perfectly as the leader of that.
    Caboose I think a battle with outside invaders would be cool too. I basically want to create a very hostile environment.
    They could be going on at the same time. Though to start, the rebellion is more like a band of thugs than a real threat.

11. Taboo Sho

This is exciting! I love it when a plan comes together!

Nova likes this.
  12. Legendseeker

I would love to do that. I have the perfect character for it, as a matter of fact. Something I've had cooking for a while and this might be the perfect spot for him.

Nova likes this.
  13. Nova

The ooc probably won't up until tomorrow so I can write everything up and get a good template for characters. But I'm excited too

Legendseeker and Taboo Sho like this.
  14. Colonel Caboose

Colonel Caboose The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Well most empires in history were always getting attacked on their borders. Romans had many problems with keeping barabians out of its holdings as the empire began to falter. Civil war is definitely a sign of a faltering empire. Raiders and pillagers make a very hostile environment.

Nova and Legendseeker like this.
  15. Taboo Sho

Just let me know how you want Lilith to be handled and I'll make it happen :3

Nova likes this.
  16. Legendseeker

I can't wait for this. I've needed something to write in for a while.

Nova likes this.
  17. Nova

I forgot to answer your last question. Yes magic will be an option for your character profiles. Most of my own characters will have magical ability

Legendseeker likes this.
  18. Legendseeker

Cool. That will work for my character.

19. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Odds are, I'll be in on just about anything at this point.

Legendseeker and Taboo Sho like this.
  20. Taboo Sho

I like those odds

Nova and Legendseeker like this.