• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Hitting that wall in life

Discussion in 'Mature Discussion' started by NeRo, Oct 15, 2014.

1. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Do you ever feel like. You're going no where in life? you constantly tell yourself you're progressing but you don't feel like you're moving. It's like riding in a car at top speed only to realize you're still sitting in the garage.

I've been feeling this way for months. i feel like i'm stagnant in life. I work harder and harder. But i feel like it's not getting me anywhere. I have a few plans in mind to fix this but do any of you feel like you've "Hit the wall" so to speak and if you did how did you overcome it?

2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I get that way almost annually really. And it almost never any good feeling that way. Like pretty much everything that you've done or are doing is pretty much getting you nowhere.

The best way to break through these walls is to know what created them and basically attack them from their cause. Is this wall you've hit an employment wall? Is your job or career not what you expected it to be? Is it a social wall? Is it something more like a creative block? Or is it some other kind of wall entirely?

3. NeRo

Mine personally is employment wall and life. I made a post somewhere before about how i feel. it seems like everyone i know is getting married, having kids, moving out and i feel like i'm not progressing in that direction at all. Everyone seems to be moving forward in life while i'm still living with my parents because i can't afford to live on my own yet.

As far as employment. i make money but not enough, i want so much more money but i work so hard and i don't always have much to show for it.

4. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Is that what you are looking for? Marriage? Kids? Moving out? It's understandable if you are, and it's an alright goal to work for, but maybe you're overlooking some of the little things that you take for granted. You should take the time out and just think about the little things that you've done, the people that you've met, and the things that you've learn. Life isn't always this massive change. It's also gradual. And sometimes we forget that, and lose sight of our relatively smaller accomplishments. So yeah, people do get in ruts when they see friends and family making huge changes in their life and moving on to the next chapter of their lives, but you know, moving to the next page is something too, and before you know it. You're on a completely different chapter. For me, I personally think that the only thing holding ourselves back is us.

5. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I think everyone feels like this at some point. I get to feeling this way every now and again, mostly about my business, because sometimes it feels like we work and work to do a good job, and no one appreciates it, and we still struggle to get to where we want to be, quality-wise and financially. But eventually I think things get better. I think Angel has the right idea focusing on little things that you've accomplished, instead of dwelling on what you haven't yet.

Besides, you're still young. You have lots of time for marriage and kids. And I think it's smarter to stay at home and save money to get what you want, rather than being out on your own and struggling to live. It's not easy doing it on one income, and I live in an area where the cost of living isn't really all that high.

6. NeRo

Thanks Angel you hit the nail on the head. Thanks Kitty you're right. i feel much better now.

7. Mike

Mike Member

They have a name for this, it's termed a 'Quarter Life Crisis' and with the state the world's currently in (economically primarily) it's becoming a more and more common experience.

I too suffer from being overeducated and underemployed sadly...just too hard to get work in my field. Many people attribute it to poor planning, but luck is a huge factor in whether or not someone is successful...also what socioeconomic bracket they're coming from is a great predictor as well.