• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy V Jobs

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy I-VI' started by EbeneezerAl, Feb 12, 2008.

1. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

What jobs did you use in Final Fantasy? What were your favorites? Least favorites? Any cool combos?

Early on, the monk owns all. The sheer destructive power he's capable is incredible, even late game. And the extra high HP is always worth it. All of the mages are important, as itp ays to have someone who cast each type of magic at high levels.

Other jobs I'm fond of would be the Sorcerer, Geomancer, Dancer, and Ninja. the Sorcerer's sword magic skills are devestating against elemental foes. One MP cost and you can deal damage that beats any spell or physical attack every turn thereafter. That's powerful. The Geomancer's Earth abilities, while random, could be very powerful depending on your location. On top of that, the Antitrap ability is extremely helpful.

Same with the dancer. All of the dances are potentially powerful. Temptango is the only one I'm kinda icky on. Too often it's a wasted effort because I had someone already queued to attack that same enemy, and the Confusion status never amounts to anything. But Jitterbug and Wonderwaltz are both useful in helping keep HP and MP up, and Sword Dance is one of the games most powerful moves. I like to keep the dance ability on my spell casters, so that Jitterbug keeps their HP up. I just dance with thwem while not casing magic and between Temptango and Jitterbug, their sitting pretty for HP and MP. And whenever they manage to get Sword Dance, they can actually deal some real physical damage that they would otherwise be unable to inflict.

Which brings us to the Ninja. This is my favorite job in the game. Nothing can beat a Ninja for sheer brute force. Two attacks just like a monk, but they're equipped attacks. On top of that, a Ninja with the Dancing Dirk is one of the most powerful combinations ever. S/He'll get his normal attacks in. But every so often, the Dancing Dirk causes him/her to dance. And whenever the Ninja hits Sword Dance, The attack goes off twice, once for each weapon. And with the high damage dealt by each attack, it's devastating.

As far as jobs I don't like, top of the list would be Berserker and Red Mage. As far as the Berserker goes, it's simple. I hate not being in control. The Berserker is in a berserk status constantly. You can't dictate it's actions. Screw that. As for red mage, it's nice early game, but honestly, you can't use any of the good spells later on, and it takes so much to level it up. You're better off focusing on another job that come the end of the game will actually be more useful to you.

2. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

Ooh...my favorite is Red Mage. Though I would have to say the Time Mage and Mimics were cool. I dislike the Monk class in general. And I never understood the point of the Chemist job.

3. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Yeah, everyone likes red mages. Oh yay. they can cast both magics. Problem is, they can't cast the good stuff, and what you're left with by the end of the game is a character who can't use the spells you really need. You gain flexibility, but lose power. Jack of all trades, master of none. For that you can just level someone in both magic classes and then use a bare job setup with both spells. It'll be more powerful than the Red Mage is anyway.

And I don't even remember what the chemist did. I think all the various drink items were for it though. I never did much with it.

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Is it better to stick with one job and master it before moving on to another, or should I be learning lots of the lower levels of different jobs?

5. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

I would say to pick a few jobs for each person, and focus on those. Each person doesn't need to know every job. But you should have each person know skills from a number of different jobs so that you can mix and match abilities depending on your situation.

6. Kitty

So far I'm loving the sorcerer and dancer jobs. Monks are awesome, but I wish you could equip weapons on them. And they seem kinda slow to me. Ninjas are pretty devastating and the two-swords are a great bonus. And I wouldn't get anywhere without my white mage. <3

7. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Give the Ninja a Dancing Dirk when you find it. It may not be the most powerful option, but it's worth it every time he ends up doing Sword Dance. 4000-5000 damage in a single turn is pretty damn useful that early in the game.

8. Kitty

Most of the time he just uses Temptango or Wonderwaltz, which are both lame-ass moves. With a double lance equipped, he can do two moves with one arm, then still attack again with his other. Overall, I think that's the more reliable way to go.

9. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Hmm, he used Sword Dance for me all the time. And yeah, I always witched it out when I got the double lance. Thoguh I was trying to get the double lance to use sword Dance as well. It never worked unfortunately.

10. Kitty

Yeah, I've been trying to get my ninja to do that, too. Sucks it won't work. I get sword dance kind of often, but never really when I need it. Mostly against lame random monsters who'd die easily enough without it.

11. Mike

Mike Member

I tend to be the type to power-level when I play RPGs...haha...so I tend to raise every class. If I don't, the game just doesn't quite feel complete somehow.

12. Kitty

In this game, that'd take forever. It takes an insane amount of AP to master each job, and there are some 15-odd jobs. And a lot of them seem kinda pointless. I can't make myself even try out berserker. Worst status ever.