• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy III worth getting?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy I-VI' started by Napoléon, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

I creeped through the General Final Fantasy topic and had a look through Final Fantasy I-VI and I couldn't find whether or not Final Fantasy III was enjoyable. I'm not particularly sure if anyone on this forum has played it, if so however I would like to know if it's worth playing.

The Final Fantasy III I'm talking about is the one that was made for the Nintendo DS, not the "Final Fantasy III" that was made for the PlayStation and turned out to be Final Fantasy VI. I would like to know in regards to this whether or not the job feature in the game was alright, and if the story was something memorable. Also I was wondering if the characters seemed to be well developed individuals which would be a bonus in my opinion.

The reason why I would like to know is that I'm interested in perhaps purchasing it, but because I live in a small enough town I can't find it anywhere in store, therefore I have to buy it on the internet. Last night I looked it up and it was around $25 which is a great price, but I'd be very disappointed if I ended up buying it and not enjoying it. So if anyone has any comments about this game it would be greatly appreciated if you would share it. Thanks x

2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Well, if you are talking about the remade version, then you would have the one where all of the onion knights actually have names. You can buy it though but I suggest that you compare the original and the remade version of FFIII to see which one would catch your attention. FFIII will be a good game.

3. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

So you think that it's a good game? I'm currently reading a review on it that says that it is a true turn base game, not the active battle system that almost all of the recent Final Fantasy's possess, and one of the negatives of the game is that there aren't many save points in it. So have you played the game personally, and do you think the battle system is all that great? My concern is having to wait your turn may make the game feel easier than other Final Fantasy games. Do you think it would be?

Link the the review: Final Fantasy III Review for DS - GameSpot

4. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the game. The biggest flaw that I have found with it is that you are unable to get the Onion Knight class or class specific ultimate weapons unless you have a friend who also has the game.

5. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

So you liked it, awesome :) I was getting a bit worrid when I saw it score 7.9/10 on the online review linked to my previous post. So in general, did you find it was just as great as some of the latter Final Fantasy games or was it just one of those games that are fun to play when there is nothing else to do?

6. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I usually don't compare FF games to something (Except VIII being better than VII, but that's for different reasons). Honestly, you'll just have to play it and decide for yourself.

7. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

That's understandable, Final Fantasy games are amazing and should be rated on their own successes and flaws not on how it compared to another :] I'm going to buy it and give the game a shot and see how I like it. Thanks for stating your opinion on the game x

8. EtherealSummoner

Just because a game has a 7.9 does not mean that it is a bad game. As long as the game is above a 7.0, then you should have some entertainment out of that particular game.

9. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

I personally got bored of III. It just. . . took too long to make any progress for me, or perhaps the gameplay got stale. I think I'm leaning more towards Action RPGs now, so I may be a little biased. I do like turn-based games, just not ones that don't involve the strategic placement of troops. Not to say the game didn't have its merits, but I suppose I just didn't get it, you know?

10. EtherealSummoner

To tell you the truth, when you are getting a game like FFIII, you are digging into the roots of Final Fantasy. Games like FFVII, FFX, FFXIII are overrated and people don't know great games that goes out of them. When the deacon of my church gave me FFVII, I was glad months ago because I can see why people are so hyped up about it. The game wasn't all that great in my opinion. I laughed hard when I saw that the characters did not have a nose. I want me FFVI but I need to buy it online like Amazon. If you are getting a FFIII, then you have it good.

11. zshippozx

zshippozx New Member

i use to have ff3 ds version i liked it o:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.