• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy Help

Discussion in 'General Final Fantasy' started by EbeneezerAl, Feb 2, 2008.

1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I'm renewing this back to life because I do need help so don't yell at me or suffer.

Anyways, did anyone ever defeated Yiazmat. -___- It's been almsot 4 years and I only have his health down by half. I used to do 9999 in the early 80's but now for some reason; they are doing 6999 and he didn't use Growing Threat yet.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Yes, I've beaten him. But it's been so long ago that I'm not sure how much help I can really give. My memory sucks. >_<

I used Ashe, Vaan, and Basch. I had them set to cast cure when their HP got lower than 70%, to revive each other if someone died, and to cure a few status ailments (can't remember which now) and mostly just let them hack away with physical attacks and Quickenings whenever there was MP to spare. I buffed my characters with spells like shell and protect (and I think there was one that raised strength?) dispelled Yiazmat whenever he put too many buffs on himself, and used Expose/Shear/Wither/Addle to lower his stats a bit. I'm not sure how helpful those last four actually were, but they made me feel better, anyhow. :p

I'm pretty sure I had bubble belts equipped, and the best weapons I could come across at the time.

You can run away from him and go to the save point and cure, and even teleport away and go shopping and stuff. As long as you run straight away from him and leave, and run straight back towards him, he shouldn't regenerate any HP. I found him more time consuming than anything. I think it took me 4 hours to finally win.

He's a cinch compared with Omega Mark XII. o_O

3. EtherealSummoner

NO! Omega Mark XII is more easier than Yiazmat. Bravery is the spell that can increase a person's strength. ??? And why in the world do you use quickenings? I find that a waste of mp to me.

4. Kitty

To be honest, I didn't use them a whole lot, but sometimes they were good for getting in a higher amount of damage at one time. And they broke up the monotony of four hours of physically attacking. Perhaps you should consider giving them a try, seeing as how in four years you still haven't beaten this boss.

Well, whatever it's called. I used it. I think it helped.

Have you beaten Omega Mark XII?

5. EtherealSummoner

Yes but that took me about 2 days to beat him. How in the world did I survived that machine, I do not know.

As for Quickenings, I really don't like it. If you use them, you only have one shot. Mess up and you will only just do less damage.

Not only that, I only use Ashe/Baltheir, Vaan/Basch and Penelo. I always have Penelo have a ninja weapon since Yiazmat is weak to darkness. I like to use Baltheir and have him fight from afar while Basch is just berserked with insane strength. Still, there are times when Yiazmat seems to have broken my plan of defeating him.

6. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

That depends. By the way, saying it is more easier just murders your sentence. Anyways, it depends on the individual. Some find Omega Mark XII easier, others find him more difficult. I think it is some of his attacks that would make him more difficult than Yiazmat. That, and the fact that you can run to a save point and heal yourself when fighting Yiazmat.

Perhaps the most obvious reason would be that if you pull off the Black Hole concurrence, that's an instant 60000+ damage to Yiazmat. Black Hole is the strongest attack that you can do, so it is an incentive to try it.

Or, you could just stock up on elixirs and spam Zodiark's final attack. That is a guaranteed 50000 damage no matter what.

7. EtherealSummoner

-___- Yiazmat can kill your espers so I wouldn't recommend that. Also, the reason why I found omega Mark XII easier to defeat regardless that he is just as tough as Yiazmat is that he don't have all of those health dots but I have to do constant healing, which is difficult but easy for me since my other two characters are attacking at berserk speed.

I really don't want to use quickenings. They look like it would take a while to pull off the kind of quickening ending for one to deal damage and I think that fighting regularly with three characters doing 9999 damage physically is more capable with little to no mp usages than to waste two to three bars on an enemy.

8. Desert Warrior

Which is why you summon Zodiark with the Stone status already inflicted.

9. EtherealSummoner

Ugh. that is a big waste to me. Tried that one time and it hardly took down Yiazmat's health at all. I strongly disagree with you Desert. I would rather have my three characters fight physically at 9999 than to try and use up all of my mp just to do 50,000 or 60,000+.

9999 * 3 = 29,997 but if you can just have your characters do that about two or three more times phsyically, then 29,997 *3= 89,991. That is why I find Zodiark and Quickenings completely useless.

10. Kitty

Well, considering that your current strategy has not allowed you to beat this boss, perhaps you should consider trying our suggestions instead of just dismissing them.

Didn't you say that your characters have gotten to a point in the fight where they aren't doing 9999 anymore? If physical attacks aren't giving out a high enough amount of damage, switch to another tactic. Have you tried using any magic? I think I used the Scourge spell during this fight, some.

11. EtherealSummoner

Nah. I found my way better until they started doing 6999 for I don't know what the reason was.

6,999 * 3 = 20,999 * 3 = 62,997. Still a bit more than Zodiark's attack. The reason why I don't like the two of your suggestion is because if I try to do what you did, then I will just end up spending up so much elixirs and if I really want to cast a spell, I won't because I am too busy trying to do something else on another character. I also found another trick as to where after one cast a spell, I can go to their equipment in the main menu, make them switch a weapon, go back and they will instantly go back to attacking. Saves me about 10-20 seconds of waiting on them to use another skill. Even so, I am still in need of more power because Yiazmat is a power house. Please don't tell me that I need to level up some more to do so. My characters are in the early 80's already and I don't want to fight my way to level 85-90.

Also, I really don't want to use scourge. He won't be able to suffer from sap. Maybe I should use darkga then.

12. Kitty

Why would you use so many elixirs? I spammed the charge technick to get MP, and though there were a couple of close moments, but I usually had enough.

Just an observation, but why hoard elixirs, anyhow? Yiazmat is one of the toughest bosses in the game. If you aren't going to use them while facing him, when are you going to use them?

13. EtherealSummoner

I use the elixirs but I don't want to constantly spend so much. Plus, it is hard for me to even find some elixirs. Charge is good but it can also make your mp go all the way down to zero. it happens often to me. I will try to use the third level dark spell and maybe charge.

14. Kitty

I tended to wait to use it until I had just a little bit of MP left, so it didn't really matter if it went to zero or not.

I honestly can't remember how helpful the magic was, but I can remember casting it, so it must have done some good. But anyway, I suppose it can't hurt to see if it's more effective than your physical attacks currently are.

15. Desert Warrior

If you want to do consistent damage for each character, equip them each with the best gun Fomalhaut (I think that is how it is spelt. Maybe not). Guns ignore defense and do damage solely based on your character's strength stat. And there are multiple places to get the gun, although the item has a 10% chance of appearing with the Diamond Bracelet equipped.

16. EtherealSummoner

I already have Fomalhunt and I always have Baltheir use it. I wish that I can find the strongest dagger or the strongest ninja sword so that I can rapidly can make Yiazmat suffer though.

17. Desert Warrior

Or, get the gun for everybody and give everybody Dark Shot.

18. EtherealSummoner

-__- if I am lucky to make me some dark shots and find me three fomalhunt. Not only that, guns usually have the longest time to actually fire a bullet so that is why I need some ninja swords against Yiazmat since I can attack every half a second to two seconds.

19. Kitty

How long does it take to fire a bullet? I doubt a few seconds of delay, if it is that long, will make a whole lot of difference in the long run, especially if the bullet fired does reliable high damage, in comparison with your party's weakening sword attacks.

20. Desert Warrior

Gun weapons are the slowest to attack with. With all the License panels that allow you to attack quicker, it takes 1 or 2 seconds (3 at the most). I think it is an okay tradeoff for a weapon that ignores defense.

By the way, if you haven't ever gotten him close to death, then here's a quick tip. Once he's close to death, stop casting Renew and instead stick with Curaja. Unless of course you want to risk completely healing him.

Also, in case you haven't, try every spell. Scathe and Ardor are the two strongest spells. Even if they aren't dark they may do more damage than Darkga.