• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Favorite scene and music?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy IX' started by Mudstoise, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

Well I'll be damned, it sure is a long time ago someone wrote about this game o_o So why not bring it up again since it really truly is a fantastic game!

My favorite scene is near the end of disc 3 where Zidane has learned the truth about his existence and now begins doubting himself. Try searching "You're Not Alone" on youtube, it really is a beautiful and emotional music score :) then again, back when the FF characters didn't have voice-actors to express themselves they needed the music to do the job^^ and it sure does in this game!

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

It's a damn shame. This game is fantastic.

It's been far too long since I've played this game, but I think my favorite scene would probably be the FMV of the party flying the Invincible into Memoria (God, I hope I got those names right >_<). There are all these dragons and crap flying everywhere and you think the Invincible is done for and then in swoop Beatrix and Regent Cid to save the day.
    But this scene is a very close favorite, too. You're right about the epic music, and the way the battles were interwoven... Plus, the scene just had so much impact because Zidane wasn't that whiny, emo lead character *coughCloudcough* we tend to see. For him to be that upset was really something.

3. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

Yes that scene is also incredible! It's a scene that says "you are close to the climax now, believe it!"
    Another scene I also loved was when they jumped down in the portal to Terra, and when Zidane gets close to the camera you can see the light reflections in his eye^^ that is just so anime style and I love it!

Yes that is something I also really made a note on, and when he was just about to lose (I was anyway) his friends comes and back him up, and at the last battle when you're reduced to 1 HP and Dagger (I took the liberty of naming her Sophie ^///^ I though "Dagger?" no way you can't call a pretty girl that) suddenly uses Curaga on you, now THAT is friendship for ya :'D
    Speaking of music I also really love the music of Mount Gulug, it's so lively and I felt like I could spent hours in that level just listening to that happy soundtrack^^

Yeah I'll bet that if this scene had happened to Cloud we would've just thought "Oh now he's depressed again -_-" xD Again I haven't played FFVII either but I have watch FFVII: Advent Children

I'm glad there are still people like us who can love and appreciate a game like FFIX :) a game that otherwise seems forgotten to many people...

4. Kitty

Yes, I freakin' loved the way the other characters all helped out like that, especially Dagger's part. I'm such a complete sucker for friendshippy moments like that, as well as general Big Damn Hero moments. And I actually really liked the name Dagger. I always refer to the character as that. XD

I think Cloud was actually way more annoying and emo in Advent Children than he was in his game, though granted I only saw AC once and wasn't all that impressed with it, but he is that typical brooding, reluctant sort of hero, which can be cool, but gets old. Zidane here was upset, but he was kind of badass about it (like referring to his pals as "babysitting bastards") and I dunno, the way the scene played out with him really appealed to me, whereas with a typically more reserved and grumpy sort of character, it just wouldn't have had the same impact.

I don't remember this part, unfortunately, but I'd say in general that the music of IX was top-notch. I for one really loved Kuja's theme (Immoral Melody, I think it's called), but everything from the battle music on down was just perfect.

I agree. I don't think there are a huge amount of FF fans here, so it's good for me when one surfaces. I actually prefer FF to KH and would rather talk about it.

5. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

Yeah I know, no one would know who the hell I was talking about if I refered to "Sophie", but then I think I would refer to "Garnet" instead, I just don't like the other name sorry^^'
    "A sucker for friendshippy moment" whaddaya mean by that exactly??

You're right. Also the whole part where he just tumbles ahead like he could fall over any minute ultimately gives the scene more impact.

Ever tried searching youtube for "Tour de Japon - Not Alone"? It's a japanese orchestral version of the music from that scene and it's fantastic!

Well to be honest I prefer KH. Can't quite put my finger on why, but I guess I've just grown to love the characters^^ But I like fantasy games in general so you do have someone to talk with it about.

6. Kitty

That I like those sort of scenes? I dunno what's confusing about that comment. >_<

No I haven't, though I may have to do that next time I'm on a computer with speakers hooked up.

I agree, though what was up with that? Did he get hurt or something? I can't remember, but the way he moved there always struck me as a little odd.

7. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

Really? I didn't find it odd at all, it was clear to me right away that yes he was hurt, and he was hurt really bad... inside. Think about it, he had just learned that he existed to destroy his friends along with everyone else on Gaia, so he was clearly groggy and hurt during that scene.
    Plus, with all those heavy things on his mind, he probably constantly considered whether or not he should just give in, whether it was all worth fighting for.

8. Kitty

I don't see why hurting on the inside should make you limp on the outside. I dunno. It was just animated really jerkingly or something; it just didn't look right to me. The only thing about that scene that didn't quite work for me.

9. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

Well since the game relies on music to catch the players emotions, I'm guessing they needed something more to signaly the player that Zidane had a terrible time with himself at this point. But like The Great Clement says "It's a video game, who cares about logic?" xD