• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Favorite Guest

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XII' started by EtherealSummoner, Jun 22, 2010.

Your favorite Guest?

1. Vossler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. LARSA!!! GO LARSA!!!!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Reddas. Main Pirate Man

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Everyone knows (or most. Or some...or few...) that guests that are in your party can give you a boost in offense and defense against even the toughest monsters. But still, I wonder, WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE GUEST?!!!

Attached Files:

2. dualblade

dualblade Break!

Reddas,full stop.Yes,Larsa is a great party member,more so the second time when he has X-potions,but a beserked Reddas is not something to ignore,moreso if you are a high level and,thus,so is he.

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Even if they become party members later, you're forgetting Basch and Ashe.

For the longest time, I kept my file before finishing the Pharos. But then one day I said 'screw it' and finished that area. Guest characters don't seem to be much help, and they don't level up. Their use is limited to the next plot point. I don't care for any of them.

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I voted for Reddas. He was a badass. And I'm always a sucker for heroic sacrifices. But, honors to Larsa- I hadn't expected much when I first saw him, but he too had an interesting character, and I enjoyed having him in my party. Hell, they should've ditched Vaan and Penelo and kept Reddas and Larsa for the rest of the game.

I have to disagree with DW up there and say that I found all of the guests, except maybe "Amalia", very useful. Having an extra hand around when it came to tackling some of the more difficult marks was nice, and sometimes, even just having that extra sword arm (or in the case of Larsa, reliable healing) during random encounters was a help to me. The only reason I'd say that "Amalia" wasn't very useful is because I don't remember her being around for very long.

5. Desert Warrior

She isn't around too long. You find her in the waterway, fight a big flaming horse, and she's gone. In fact, I don't think she's around to fight that big flaming horse.

I think guest characters were made because of the increase in difficulty for this FF game. Larsa's healing wouldn't normally be needed if enemies weren't so tough. XII requires so much more leveling than the other games. Which is something that bugged me.

6. dualblade

dualblade Break!

Levels were really only needed to make the guests stronger.With the right equipment,you can get through the whole game easily.The guns always do the same amount of damage no matter what level you are,and the license board takes care of most of your stats and all your magic/equipment needs (other than buying them).

Amalia did fight the big hourse.Which was alright,being that she did more damage than Balthier and Fran and good if you just want to use certain characters for a challenge (Was only using Vaan in my last game at that point).

Basch,at first,was just cannon fodder.Then he got a sword and rained hell on his opponents!Then more once he became a party member.

Larsa first time: ok at first,but not the strongest.Usually when I play now his hi-potions didnt mean as much as they would normally.Plus that area isnt too bad,and he does help when fighting multiple skeletons for drops.

Vossler: Straight up fighter,he is also good for fighting (Redundant),though not having the beserk spell yet takes some fun out of it.Also good for the flying mark near the Raithwall's Tomb

Larsa second time: While still not that strong,his X-potion is much more valuable,making him a better canidate.He also stays for longer then most guests pt members...if you do sidequests.

Reddas: Vossler but stronger,and now with that you have access to the beserk spell,can take down things very fast on his own.Just be careful of multiple enemies.

7. Desert Warrior

Then I must've sucked with equipment. I had the Zodiac Spear and other strong stuff, but some fights were difficult. And guns don't do the same damage. They ignore defense and work solely off of the person's Strength stat.

8. dualblade

dualblade Break!

Yea,but the strongest gun will do around 3000 damage at both level 1 and level 99.Great for enemies even midway through and many at the end storywise,but not so much the final bosses and many strong marks.and stronger enemies.Also,remember armours and stuff.And the Zodiac Spear is a great weapon,and easy to get as long as you know to skip some treasures.Which you obviously do.

9. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I say Larsa for a lot of reasons and that's because he's more useful than Reddas. If you just do a lot of leveling, then Larsa will be a great help for you. Guests will always be 1-5 levels higher than you based on the highest person's level (Or Vaan. I'm not sure because I had Basch level at 68 and when Reddas joined, he was level 69.) Larsa's healing is more useful then ever, especially if you want to go and fight in the Silikawood, Barheim Passage, Zertinan Caves, The Feywood or maybe even the Nabreus Deadlands (NOT RECOMMENDED! LARSA NEED TO BE IN THE EARLY LEVEL 40'S OR MID 40'S!!)

Based on me replaying the game over and over, I had Vaan at level 14, Balthier and Fran at level 15 and Basch at level 17. Larsa ended up somewhere around level 18-20, WHICH IS GREAT! He ended up being useful as I trained on that Succor Twinbridge fighting skeletons and rare games just to get loot, turn back, sell, gain bazaar and go back in. It's because of him that I was able to get a chain of 118 (IT'S TRUE! You just have to try hard. It makes the game more fun.) It's also thank to him that I was able to whoop Ba'gamnon for the third time inside the Lhusu Mines through leveling. Larsa only use potions and hi-potions during that time.

Second time I got him, Vaan was level 34-35 with Penelo, Balthier and Fran, Ashe was level 37 along with Basch. Larsa ended up being at level 38, which made me so happy. The only downside about him is that he's still a kid and you can't even adjust his licenses, meaning that his health was around 1404 and I have to put protect and shell on him just to keep on from dying and he's great to have around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.