• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

DubStep?

Discussion in 'Music & Industry' started by Answer Man, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Answer Man

Answer Man Man I'm Awesome

Dubstep seems to be stepping in to the music world after such a long time in the shadows(much like hipsters) what are your thoughts on this brand of music that sounds just like another genre of the past?

2. BK-201

BK-201 Member

Love Dubstep, no doubt about that only I think the older stuff was a bit better but it's all good.

3. Answer Man

True but this new age is really doing good!

4. BK-201

BK-201 Member

I agree, I believe the new generation of dubstep is definitely stepping up.

5. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

I don't listen to it because all I ever here people talk is Skrillex. My friend plays a dubstep song and there's that 1 dumbass around us who asks "Hey is that Skrillex?" smh

6. Cameron

Cameron New Member

I don't really enjoy listening to dubstep - sure, there's a few songs that I listen to now and then but otherwise it sounds pretty all the same to me, and I usually hear it only at my friends car or at night clubs and they mixing is horrible, way too much bass and the whole place explodes with my ears.

One thing that annoys me is that popular culture is recognizing the fan base of dubstep, and have been adding the same elements to their songs. Nicki Minaj and dubstep? No, just no.

7. ~When It Rains~

~When It Rains~ New Member

i don't mind some of it to be honest. not a big fan/ no suprise how it's so popular though

8. Answer Man

YES! That is what im thinking! Skrillex is just getting big for no reason, i dont even like that guy cause 1 what kind of name is Skrillex? Every time i hear it i think of Skillet! But to each his own!

9. Biosaber

Biosaber New Member

In my own opinion dub-step is just useless music