• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Dominion of Everything Redux

Discussion in 'Canon Roleplays (IC)' started by Moogle, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

"I am not being influenced by anyone. I just want to know, are we gonna be futilely flying around looking for the source while our worlds are dying? I'm sure that's what Marie means, too; if we get on the Infinity, are we just going to be held back or will we actually get more accomplished if we travel together? You said the Infinity will have more information, but can you get someone to give us this information before we get on?" Tsubasa reasoned, an edge in his voice. Now that the shock of finding another world was starting to wear off, he felt himself growing suspicious.

"I don't want to leave, really. But I don't want to agree to this until I know as much as you do."

2. “I don’t suppose you guys have a medic around here do you?”

The apprentices whispered to each other, then one of them stepped towards Glyde.

"A medic? I suppose that could be arranged..."

"Shouldn't we ask Lord Exilus if it's okay?" Another voice rang from behind the first apprentice.

"Lord Exilus said to respect him... besides, this man seems complacent enough. Plus, if he did decide to attack us, I'm sure Exilus... I mean, Lord Exilus, would have no problem taking him out." The apprentice approached Glyde and examined his knee. "This should be simple to fix... while it isn't our specialty, we do have a couple people who know how to use healing magic. Hira, come over here." He beckoned another apprentice to come over. Hira took off her hood, revealing a youthful face with unkempt pink hair. She bowed before Glyde, making some of the other apprentices quietly scoff.

"Nice to meet you, Gly--"

"Hira! I said heal him, not introduce yourself!"

"O-oh, right... sorry... please sit up and put your legs over the side of the bed, Mr. Savian." Hira knelt down and gently felt the damaged knee. "Yes, this is only a simple injury. This might be a bit painful, but it will feel better in a moment." Hira made a casting motion with her hands just above Glyde's knee. "Cura!"

A flower of light appeared above Hira's hands, bloomed, and then dissipated into tendrils of light that traveled down towards Glyde's leg. As the magic touched his knee, a fluttering sound resonated with the sound of bone and sinew reconnecting. The bruises on the surface of Glyde's skin began to heal, and after a moment the knee was back to normal.

"There! All better!" Hira said with a bright smile.

----------------​

Exilus lead Asiila through the winding corridors to the bottom floor and one of the castle's many training room. There were several apprentices practicing on some Heartless and even dueling each other within, but when they saw Exilus, they respectfully left the room. They all knew better than to try and sit in on Exilus's training; several lesser members of the Syneptophy had been accidentally killed by a stray bullet of darkness or swath of fire. Exilus wasn't exactly known for his restraint, after all.

Asiila's heart was pounding. She had never been this close to Exilus before, metaphorically speaking; they had always been separated by the barrier between master and servant, but now, Asiila had the chance to be personally trained by the Lord of the Syneptophy himself! She could hardly believe it. She was excited, but also a little scared.

When all the apprentices had cleared out, Exilus moved to the center of the room with Asiila following behind. Exilus turned around to face her and smiled.

"Alright then, let's start with a duel!" Exilus said with a cruel expression, summoning one of his Keyblades. Asiila's expression was one of horror. She opened her mouth to protest, but was interrupted by uproarious laughter. Exilus unsummoned his Keyblade.

"Of course I'm not serious," Exilus said. "We'll start with a simple test. I am not going to train a weakling. Since it's been a while since I've seen you in action, how about you take out these Heartless?" Exilus waved his hand. In front of him, five dark portals opened up on the floor. Two gave way to Defender Heartless, while the other three spawned Invisibles. They stood menacingly, brandishing their shields and weapons respectively.

Asiila bit her lip. Damn, those are high level Heartless, Asiila thought to herself. She summoned her Keyblade and prepared to attack.

"Though, that alone would be too easy," Exilus added mischievously. "You have two minutes to defeat these Heartless. If you will fail you will receive no training."

"Begin!"

The Defenders barreled forward and the Invisibles each threw their swords onto the ground, then disappeared in puffs of darkness. Asiila's eyes widened as fear caused her chest to tighten. Two minutes... She thought to herself. Her resolve was just about to falter when a wave of adrenaline washed over her. The fear she felt changed into excitement. Her mind tuned into the rushing Heartless.

Three rings of dark fire flew toward Asiila; she knew this to be the signature attack of the Invisibles. If she didn't stay on the move, the rings would lock on and detonate, causing heavy damage. She couldn't afford that.

The Defenders leapt forward, raising their shields to attack. Now! Asiila thought as she lowered herself and dashed forward. In a split second she was in front of one of the Defenders. She swiped her Keyblade in an upward motion, knocking the Defender's shield up and the Heartless off-balance. Asiila then made a spinning motion and smacked the torso of the Heartless with a backhand swing. Not wasting any momentum, she went in for one overhand slash, then another, each attack knocking the Defender backwards. She then grasped her Keyblade with both hands and smashed it into the Defender's chest, sending it into the air.

Asiila jumped after it, performing a flipping slash in mid-air. The attack sent the Defender flying back to the ground, causing the floor to crack. With a flash of darkness a heart rose into the air.

90 seconds.

The rings of black fire zoomed toward Asiila, threatening to trap her and end the fight. She performed a spinning backflip to buy herself precious seconds then targeted the second Defender who was waiting on the ground with it's shield pointed upward. She dashed downward through the air with blinding speeds, swinging her Keyblade and discharging bullets of darkness with each swipe. The projectiles sped around the Defenfer's shield in large arcs and slammed into the Heartless, causing it to topple backwards. Asiila's Keyblade seethed with darkness. She flipped it so that it was facing downward, grabbing it with both hands. She then plunged downward onto the exposed Defender, stabbing through it and making a wave of black energy explode from the attack. It's body dissipated into darkness and it's heart rose upward.

60 seconds.

The Invisibles reverted to their original forms, as they had not been able to land their Ring of Fire attack. They floated to the ground in a triangle pattern, surrounding Asiila. Putting their hands forward, they each shot several orbs of darkness at the apprentice. Asiila quickly batted at the first few, successfully deflecting them, however, she couldn't keep up with the speed of the Invisibles and was caught in a burst of black aura. She was thrown across the room and into a wall with a resounding slam. There was a small crater where she hit, and she coughed up a bit of blood. The Invisibles dashed after Asiila and quickly surrounded her again.

Only 45 seconds... I can't afford to lose this...

With a defiant cry, Asiila dislodged herself from the wall and kicked off of it. The Invisibles all swung at her at once, bringing their scalloped blades down for a powerful strike. Asiila whipped her Keyblade forward and caught one of the blades, then slashed to the left and caused the blade to clash with the second Invisible's sword. With the third attack coming in hot, Asiila had no choice but to let the blade hit her. However, instead of being knocked back, she quickly reversed the momentum from the attack and flipped into a counter attack. She then made a spinning slash, striking all three of the Invisibles across the chest.

20 seconds.

Asiila stabbed into one of the Invisibles, then charged her other hand with darkness. She struck her palm into the Invisible's side with a roar, then ripped her Keyblade out of it's other side, destroying the Heartless. She then whirled around and threw her Keyblade at the remaining Invisibles, which connected with the Heartless's incoming attacks and knocked their sword's up. Asiila used her two open hands to fire two bullets of darkness, keeping the Invisibles stunned while she caught her Keyblade and dashed towards them. Using broad swipes, Asiila executed several powerful slashes that hit both Invisibles before they could react. Both of them exploded into black mist and their Hearts ascended in defeat.

Time, Asiila thought as she landed back on the ground. She took a deep breath and looked at Exilus with a trail of dried blood on the side of her mouth.

"How did I do?" Asiila asked, out of breath. Exilus looked at her with a new found desire. Exilus knew she was strong, but this test proved it. She was worth of being one of his dearest tools.

"Excellent."

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  3. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

"I had to be the one assigned to this sorry excuse for a town, didn't I? " Caitlin griped. So far, her time on this world had been less than eventful. "I'd lay waste to it if Exilus hadn't instructed me not to," she continued. She sat down on a nearby bench and gazed into the streets, willing something to happen.

Then her eyes lit up when an ATV surged towards a young woman at high speed. The woman turned around moments before the vehicle killed her, but instead of running to the side like Caitlin had expected, her hand brushed the front of the ATV and she vaulted over the quad. As she did so, a small amount of energy burst from her feet.

Caitlin's smile widened. At last, something to report back! She was about to turn back to Exilus' Castle, before a man grabbed the woman's arm and led her to another vehicle. Soon after that, another man joined the two of them and they spoke briefly. She considered following the three of them, but decided that she would be dangerously outnumbered.

She traversed back to Exilus' Castle and searched the whole castle for him excitedly. Eventually, she found out that he was in the training room and made her way there. Without hesitation, she flung the doors open.

"How did I do?" an exhausted voice asked.
    "Excellent." none other than Exilus responded.

"Lord Exilus!" Caitlin called to him. "Sorry for interrupting, but I have some potentially terrible news." She hoped that Exilus would take the news well.

4. FON

FON A Lazy Comic Artist

"Yes. By havig you guys aboard, you can be a valuable addition to saving the worlds. But remember this, boarding the infinity means that until this mess is resolved, you won't go back," Zac explained, "As for more information, I'll tell you a bit more, but they'll explain more infoation than I can, as I only know a small amount of what took place. From when I was on another world, a woman controlling ice was there, and my squad was frozen, an by the time I freed myself, she was long gone. So we left, and around that time, my world was attacked. It was oblivious that deviants from other worlds are banding up with a common goal, who their leader is is still unknown, but from what I'm told, it was slowly being eaten away, and darkness consumed the world. It's clear that this is the symptoms that show a world is reaching its end, and we have to prevent the worlds from being destroyed, but we have to find a way to keep them safe,"

"When the Infinity is here, you have two options. Get on one of these pelicans, or, we will create a wormhole to take you back to your respective worlds, or where else you need to be," Zac said, "Your choice,"

5. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

The Queen was smiling as she saw that the villains she set free were fighting against the magical creatures that resided on the land. They were fighting against many fairies and wizards and it pleased Snaedis. "Now all the magic in this world shall be mine!" "Not today!" The Queen was knocked down by a blast, furious that she was taken by surprise. By the time she turned around, three fairies with rods were trying to combat her. "Surrender yourself to justice!" "I think you shall surrender yourself to destruction! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" The Ice Queen screeched and cast an ice wave at two of the fairies, knocking one of them down while the other was staggering. "This world shall be mine!"

"Hm... let me see. A world that I can call home... what if...I became the king of hell? Yes! That is the perfect domain for me!" Seraphin stood up and had his hand glowing, trying to open a portal. "But before I can take over hell, I should first find places that can increase my power. How about...yes..." Seraphin then opened up a portal and walked on in, remembering of a place that he heard of before from his memories.

6. "Lord Exilus! Sorry for interrupting, but I have some potentially terrible news."

Exilus looked up, irritated that he was being disturbed during his private training session. Asiila looked too, and recognized the woman to be Caitlin, one of Exilus's generals who had been on a espionage mission on a potentially important world. Asiila was mildly annoyed, but she was also worn out from fighting so hard, so she said nothing.

"Caitlin, you must know how important this training session is," Exilus slowly started. "Not just to Asiila, but to me as well. Asiila is becoming quite competent, and one of these days she may even become a general. That means this training can one day prove to be essential to the Syneptophy." Asiila felt a jolt of excitement run through her. Me... a general? She thought. Taking it all in, she still remained silent.

"Yet, you still choose to interrupt me." Exilus continued. "If you were any less than a general, I would take this to be insubordination and I would punish you accordingly. However, you have not failed me yet Caitlin. I trust your judgement. Come, we shall go to my throne room and discuss what you have learned on your recent mission." Exilus looked at Asiila. "Would you like to join us?"
    Asiila turned a bit red in the face. She had never been invited to listen in on any important Syneptophy meetings.

"O-of course my Lord, if you would permit it." Asiila stuttered in response.

"I would," Exilus reaffirmed. "In fact, after I inform you, Caitlin, I will invite the other generals as well. At the moment, they are all taking care of personal matters. We have much to discuss, as much has happened since you left," Exilus opened a dark corridor to his throne room. The three of them stepped through. Exilus then went to his throne and sat in it, beckoning to one of the surrounding thrones for Caitlin and motioning for Asiila to stand at his side.

"So, Caitlin," Exilus began. "As I said, many things have transpired in your absence. First and foremost, we discovered that the rumor I sent you to investigate was indeed true; Acting on the advice of the Council, as you did, I ordered two possibly high-priority planets to be destroyed and their essences absorbed. Seraphin and I destroyed one such world, while Kurao and Snaedis destroyed the other, and I absorbed the power of both. No doubt this is a crippling blow to our enemies."

"That catches you up as far as the generals know, though there is some more information that I must wait to issue until the rest of the generals arrive," Exilus explained. "I'll summon them now."

Black, shadowy portals opened up in front of Seraphin, Snaedis and Kurao, each universes away, signifying that their time for personal endeavors was up.

However, one more portal opened up as well; one in Gylde's chamber, to be exact. Exilus was inviting Glyde as well, unbeknownst to the generals.

"Now, please," Exilus entreated Caitlin. "Tell me what you found on your mission."

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  7. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

"A-apologies, my Lord. Thank you for trusting my judgement," Caitlin stammered. Then, knowing that Exilus wouldn't approve of his time being wasted with formalities, she began her explanation.
    "As you suspected, my Lord, the world you assigned me to was not an ordinary one. Whilst I was there, I saw something exremely interesting; a young woman was about to be crushed and killed by an ATV. But instead of trying to run or dodge it,, she vaulted over it as swiftly as a gymnast. The strangest thing was that as she threw herself over the vehicle, light emitted from her feet." She paused to catch her breath. "I might've simply passed it off as a hallucination if it weren't for the fact that moments after she touched the ground, her arm was grabbed by a man with an odd fashion sense. Then the two of them were joined by another odd man and they all began talking quietly with each other. My Lord, I'm certain that none of the three were of that world, and I was the only one in Syneptophy assigned to the world." Again she paused, then elaborated, "Which of course means that the three of them and possibly more are working together, perhaps against us, my Lord."

Then Caitlin faltered slightly before she spoke again, "I would've killed them, but there were three of them and quite a few other people around. I didn't want to draw attention and battling against three people would definitely draw a crowd, you see." she explained hastily, nodding as she did.

"So, will this affect our plans at all?" she asked, regaining her composure.

---

"Well, when you put it like that, I really don't have a choice, do I? I'd prefer to join you with limited information than be useless and know nothing." Tsubasa replied to Zac. "I'm in."

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  8. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Glyde didn’t say or do anything while Hira worked her healing magic. He was far too relaxed to give heed to anything that was transpiring in his room outside of his own head. It wasn’t until the pain in his knee had subsided that he was actually aware of the apprentices again, and more so, aware of Hira. “Thanks,” he said, though he didn’t rise to meet her eye-to-eye. “Feels like knew. Better than knew. Like a better knee has just been slapped onto it.” Like a lion, he stretched out on the bed and growled out a deep, hoarse yawn. He felt himself slowly drifting off into a deep sleep. It was a welcome feeling for someone who hadn’t had very good sleep in a good month or so.

He felt relaxed. He felt calm. He felt at peace. Then, he felt rushed and frantic.

He had been on the doorstep of a good night’s sleep only to be forced out of it by a yanking at his arms. Only about half awake, he noticed that two of the apprentices had pulled him forcefully out of his bed. He was again being dragged somewhere against his desire, only this time, he wasn’t bent defying his captivity. He followed suit with the apprentice’s pulling. Finally, he came to his full senses when he saw another portal through the dark corridors. His eyes winced rapidly at the manifestation, a bit apprehensively; after his first journey through the corridors he preferred his spell circle travel to stick to the spell circle portals. “Where’s this to?” he asked the apprentices.

“The throne room of Lord Exilus,” one of them said, in an ordering tone. “His Lordship is calling his followers to assembly.”

“Ah. Well then, maybe you guys should go first. I’m really not comfortable with these dark corridors.”

“Nice try,” another apprentice said. “In you go!” he chuckled, shoving Glyde through the portal.

After another few seconds of cold, icy distortion running through his Heart, Glyde emerged on the other end of the corridor. He had come into a rather large room, at the head of which stood a throne. Seated in this throne was Lord Exilus, who appeared to be in conference with his other minions. Glyde noticed one of them as the woman that had detained him when he arrived; the other was a new face to him, though he was certain he would get to know her better over the course of his stay. “Nice place you got here,” he mused, more to his own amusement than to making conversation. “I guess we’re ready to get into some action?”​

-/-

In the midst of a dark room of indefinite size and dimensions, there stood a lone young man. He stood with a noticeable hunch in his posture, and his head was bowed. Upon his face, there was an evident expression of restrained anger and pure shame. His blond hair hung low and sweaty over his eyes. His heavy breaths marked a strained feeling, as though he was dreading the moment that the lights turned on, or the silence was broken and what either might reveal to him. A trained ear would have heard, beneath his heaving breaths, the sound of low rumbling moans; this man, for reasons cloaked by the darkness surrounding him, was on the verge of tears.

Then there was a light set on him; a brilliant, foreboding, white spotlight that gave him the impression of being in an interrogation. Slowly, the young man straightened his back and raised his head up. He saw himself standing in the midst of a small room, in which he was standing in a ten pit six or seven feet deep. Around him, sitting in seats atop the walls of the pit, sat the shadowy outlines of nine people clearly imprinted against the spotlight. He looked around at the figures as best as he could. He knew who they all were, but not which one was which. “Why have you brought me here?” he asked in a stammering stream of stutters.

“How long have you been chasing smoke, Vance Scypa?” asked a low, smooth voice from the young man’s left.

“Uh?” the blond man, Vance Scypa, retorted, confused by the question.

“How long have you been chasing smoke,” another voice, this one higher pitched, asked from the right side.

“I don’t understand,” Vance said, sounding a little bit annoyed.

“You’ve been in pursuit of one Glyde Savian, have you not?” asked a third voice.

“Yes,” Vance said in a glimpse of clarity. “I have been pursuing him, until you guys pulled me away from my search.”

“And how long have you been trying to track him down?” asked the first voice.

“About a year or two; maybe a year and a half? I can’t really remember how long it’s been. I just know that I’ve been on his tail for a while now. And I’d very much appreciate it if you guys would let me get back on it!”

“We regret to inform you that your services in that department are no longer needed,” said a fourth voice.

“What do you mean?” Vance sputtered. “I’ve been on this case for so long! You’ve gotta let me finish it!”

“That’s just it!” said the second voice. “The Academy believes the task no longer be worth the time and effort you, and others, have put into it.”

“And why is that?” Vance asked.

“Because,” said a fifth voice, this one firm but wise sounding. “Glyde Savian has been deemed deceased. No one has ever evaded The Academy for so long across so many worlds and planes. The last time any of our operatives made contact with him was roughly six months ago, but it was a short-lived encounter, that is understood to have lead to Mr. Savian’s death.”

“B-b-b-but my MISSION!” Vance bellowed. “What about my mission? My redemption! Am I on probation forever? Am I to be banished like the one I worked so hard to find?” As Vance finished his questions, he heard all nine voices around him laughing as though they were mocking him.

“Not at all,” said the fifth voice. “You see, we at The Academy have come across some unsettling news. Do you recall the tournament in which Mr. Glyde Savian participated roughly two years ago?”

“Yes. Of course I do,” Vance said.

“As you recall,” said the first voice, “that tournament was set on a stage that drew many competitors from different worlds, not even amongst our own! Competitors from other… UNIVERSES!”

“What does that have to do with any-“ said Vance.

“-That tournament was only the tip of a much greater iceberg, it seems,” the third voice said.

“You see,” said the fifth voice. “There is a strange force at work throughout the universes. It’s not just confined to variations on our own universe. It is a situation that spans across many different planes of reality; or so our agents have informed us. There is a strange force at work that has bound our universe to many others. However, this is not an exploit of charity on the perpetrator’s part. Whoever it is that’s behind this hellish work of space-time distortion has been consuming worlds left and right. They’re searching for something, or perhaps simply trying to wreak destruction. We need an agent to aid in the resistance against this force, discover its motives, and help vanquish it!”

“And you want me to be the agent for this task?” Vance asked, hopefully.

“Precisely,” said the fifth voice.

“… What’s in it for me?” Vance asked with a smirk.

((Just so you’re aware Kurai, I’d like this version, Glyde & Vance’s version, of the KH universe to remain untouched by Exilus)).​

9. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

The capitol city of the Archades sat in ruins, save for the palace. The focal point of Ivalice was the throne room, strangely enough, though Kurao expected it to be an object this time. The palace, secured. The guards, slaughtered. They stood no chance against the variant abilities of all the Devil Fruit.

"Alright, ya swabs. Loot and pillage all you want. This world'll be destroyed tomorrow, so I want everybody back on the ships at sunrise! Off with ye!" Kurao commanded, sitting on the throne sideways to his fleet admirals. Conveniently enough, a portal happened to open up at that moment, bearing Exilus's signature magics.

"Great timing. Right when I was about to take a nap. Agh, whatever. Nap later. Dominate planets now," he sighed as he summoned the will to stride out of the chair. The portal on the other end soon spat the pirate out.

"You rang, admiral?" He asked, barely giving Caitlin a second glance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm not being selfish! Like he said, we don't want to end up wasting our time. And it doesn't surprise me that you were taken down by an ice user. Any high-class aura user can take on conventional military easily," Marie said with a sigh. "I'll come along, but you guys better be ready."

10. FON

FON A Lazy Comic Artist

Zac store at the girl for a bit until e finally broke into a burst of laughing, "Thats it! That's what I was wanting to hear! That's another reason we need other worlders. Their knowledge. If we come across anything from their known universes and worlds, we can feel with it easier!"

He gestured to them to climb aboard the middle pelican as he did, while the other soldiers got on board the left and right ones.

"Come on, the commander will be happy to see some help,"

11. EtherealSummoner

The Ice Queen was at her peak as she was fighting against the fairies. She took down three but had four more to go. Soon, a portal appeared and she was irritated. "I'll let you off this time. However, it will not change the fact that your world will fall into darkness."Snaedis walked away into the portal while the fairies was wondering how to stop the escaped villains. Snaedis appeared in the throne room with Exilus while Seraphin was walking out of the portal with fireballs spewing forth, showing that he was within a volcano.

"I assume that this is no mere meeting I suppose. Was so close to destroying the mystical pixies." "If it is another mission, then we can easily just go our way and burn whatever world needs burning." The Ice Queen looked around and created herself an ice throne once again, sitting in it so that she can relax from the fighting."

"No fun really. I am starting to wonder who are these "heroes" who were to oppose us."

12. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Tsubasa nodded and climbed onto the middle pelican. "You're right. Seeing as we all have pretty limited knowledge of all the universes, it would be in our best interests to share what we know about what's happening."
    He looked at Marie from onboard the ship and asked, "Are you getting on?"

13. "So, will this affect our plans at all?"

"It will indeed," Exilus answered in a pleased tone. "You have done well, Caitlin. You've come a long way since we found you on The Stronghold." Exilus grinned and quietly surveyed the room, hearing the greetings of all of his elite members as they entered, one by one:

“Nice place you got here, I guess we’re ready to get into some action?”

"You rang, admiral?"

"I assume that this is no mere meeting I suppose. Was so close to destroying the mystical pixies."

"If it is another mission, then we can easily just go our way and burn whatever world needs burning."

"No fun really. I am starting to wonder who are these "heroes" who were to oppose us."

Exilus simply watched as the banter unfolded, waiting for one of them to notice the presence of either Asiila, Caitlin, or Glyde. Especially the latter; they had all seen Caitlin and Asiila before, but Glyde was a new face to all of them. Exilus chuckled to himself and realized he would be in charge of the introductions. Exilus cleared his throat.

"Good, now everyone is here," Exilus began. "As you can see, we have several new people joining us today. You all know Asiila, one of my Officers, and Caitlin, my fourth general who had been on an espionage mission. We will get to her in just a moment. The last person I'd like to introduce you to is Glyde Savian," Exilus motioned to Glyde. "He is a Keybearer who is joining us on a probation period. Though he has no power in the Syneptophy, you will respect him as long as he follows his orders."

"Now, on to business. Caitlin has just returned from a mission where she was spying on a possibly pivotal world. While there, she found several people with the ability to traverse universes there, and they weren't Syneptophy members. There is no doubt in my mind that these are the same people that assaulted you, Snaedis; these "heroes" as you refer to them.”

Just as Exilus finished his sentence, his door swung open and a robed, elderly man hurriedly shambled inside.

“Exilus! Exilus, we have some most disturbing news,” the old man sputtered. Exilus knew him to be Zont, one of the men on his council.

“Zont... you are interrupting my meeting,” Exilus said with a deadly seriousness in his voice. Zont went pale and was unable to speak for a moment.

“M-my apologies, my Lord,” Zont said after regaining his composure. “But this is urgent. There is a Keybearer, on a nearby world called Steamgear Town. Her name is Elza. She aligns herself with the Light, and she is raising an army to fight against us!” Exilus facial expression remained disgruntled.

“Coordinates. Now.” Exilus ordered. Zont hastily cast a spell circle and sent it over to Exilus. It displayed Elza’s location as well as some information about Steamgear Town and Elza’s organization. “Why are we just now finding out about this, Zont?”

“Well, Elza has just started to gather her army,” Zont answered carefully. “In fact, last time we made a pass on Steamgear Town was a little over a month and a half ago, and everything was normal. Her plan is not yet realized, she still has much to complete. She is vulnerable right now.” Exilus was silent for a moment.

“Good work, Zont,” Exilus answered. “Double the amount of times we scan nearby worlds per month. Now get out of my sight.” Zont bowed and swiftly left the chamber. Exilus looked over the information he had been given.

“Well then, I suppose we must take care of a local ‘hero.’ This information says that Elza is in the process of building high-powered anti-infantry cannons around the perimeter of her base. If we strike before that, we should be able to take her out in one fell swoop.” Exilus turned to his officer. “Asiila, I will need you to stay here and keep an eye on the castle. You’re the person I can trust the most after my Generals. If anything happens, contact me immediately.”

“Yes, sir,” Asiila answered. She was used to this routine, and while she was a bit disappointed that she wouldn’t be taking part in the mission, she was happy that she at least got to sit in for the meeting.

“Alright then, if everyone is ready, we will be going. The goal is destruction. I want Elza’s base razed.” Exilus opened a dark corridor, stood up and hastily walked through. He was unhappy at how his meeting was derailed like that, but he also understood that a threat so close to home could be troublesome if left unchecked. The portal let him out atop a grassy, lightly wooded hill overlooking a sprawling steam-powered city. On the outskirts of the city several vehicles transported supplies back-and-forth from the half-built cannons; six, he counted. Exilus turned to face his Generals (and Glyde) as they came through the portal.

“The plan is this,” Exilus announced. “Glyde, you’re with me. We’re going to find Elza and take her out. Kurao and Snaedis, I need you to sabotage those cannons. Destroy them or just render them ineffective. Finally, Caitlin and Seraphin. You are to destroy the city itself; take down buildings, kill the civilians. Kurao, Snaedis, when your objective is complete join Caitlin and Seraphin, and Glyde and I will do the same when we finish ours.” Exilus walked over to Glyde with a serious expression, uncharacteristic of him. “Are you ready?”

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  14. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

"A raid, huh? Then I'm going to need a tool or two. One sec."

Kurao's body shifted and warped, becoming more lithe and compact in the process. The muscles grew taut while the skin sprouted brown spotted yellow fur. In his speed form, the cheetah-man sprinted out of the room, passing by the others in a blur. He was back only a minute later, bearing a set of furred gloves with katana blades extending off each finger and a small pouch that bulged with what looked and sounded like marbles.

"They don't stand a chance, admiral," Kurao commented, slipping the gloves very carefully. And yet, his coat still managed to hang onto his shoulders, even after his body became thinner. A miraculous piece of clothing, for certain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your commander is probably going to want to see my FraGen. That's what I'm calling my teleporter now, by the way," Marie responded to the Spartan, entering the Pelican. The woman took a seat at the side, buckling in for the ascent.

15. FON

FON A Lazy Comic Artist

"We'll we do have a worm hole portal, but the problem is it takes time, luckily its connected to the pelicans and the Infinity itself, so it can teleport whenever the machine is fully charged," Zac said as he went to the radio, "But hopefully you "FraGen" is more efficient,"

"This is Spartan Z107, Slavager reporting," Zac said into the mic, "Other worlders have confirmed to travel an fight along side us, has the infinity made it to this Earth's atmosphere, over?"

~"Copy that 107, Infinity is breaking the atmosphere, permission granted to fly to the Infinity and board,"~

16. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Glyde watched as, one-by-one, the established Generals of Exilus' armies gathered into the throne room. They were a motley bunch of, clearly gathered from all corners of existence, each one as unique a character as the last and the next. Besides Exilus and the woman he had met when he first entered the castle, the first to arrive was a pirate, who carried himself with a bit of a gruff and almost humorous disposition amongst the seriousness. The pirate was soon followed by the likes of two elemental mages (at least, as far as Glyde could tell). One, a woman, entered in a huff of disappointment at having been interrupted, and commenced to forge a throne of ice for herself; the other, a man, stepped through from in a small blaze of fire, and spat about burning whatever they might be needed to attack. Glyde's eyes narrowed at their statements, and he made a mental note to keep off their bad side, as well as noting that the pirate might make good company for him.

Through the proceedings, Glyde noticed that none of the 'Generals' had acknowledged his presence, which he considered a bit strange, as he was a new face standing directly in their midst. But then, that was how he preferred it; it was better to keep a distance from his 'peers' for the time being, as he had no idea what they were like when they received 'rookies.' As the last of the action ceased, Glyde turned his attentions back to Exilus, and listened intently. it was nothing too important at first, just a few words introducing the lot to the new and reassigned members of the team. Still, Glyde could see that none of the others had taken any notice of him, but still felt that it was for the better that they hadn't; they'd know who he was and what he was all about soon enough. His interest increased when talk shifted to Caitlin's reconnaissance updates. He didn't know what Exilus' operations were, or what the goal was with them. He just knew that if there was opposition, then he would have plenty of time to bulk his reputation and get his letters back.

It was then that the action really seemed to kick into high gear: another of Exilus' underlings burst into the room, much to the ruler's displeasure, and spoke of a rebellion rising on another world. Glyde's interest was doubled in that moment, as the prospect of immediate gratification peaked inside of him. He followed through the portal and stood beside Exilus. The town below looked capable; industry spewed from every corner, which meant that their enemies would have enough resources to hold out, at least for a little while. But they were also unsuspecting of the impending assault that stood atop the grassy hilltop above them; they'd be caught completely off guard. He looked at his new master, a confident and somewhat excited expression upon his face. "Of course I'm ready," he said. "Your lot has treated me pretty well so far. I can only imagine what these guys are like in combat.​

-/-

Having been let out of the dark courtroom, Vance walked down the dimly lit corridors and around the corner to where he would meet with his superiors to discuss the mission had hand. He rounded into the neighboring corridor and saw a more elderly looking man with a bush of dark gray hair lining the side of his otherwise bald head and scruffy sideburns that converged from the sides of his head into a goatee on his chin. Vance recognized this man immediately, and just as quickly lowered himself onto one knee and bowed reverently before him, as though he were in the presence of a god. "Grandmaster Dorian," he said respectfully, and with a tone of pure awe. "To what do I owe your guidance in this mission? Surely one so noble and prominent as yourself isn't spearheading such a small operation as my--"

"Enough!" Dorian spoke harshly, pulling Vance to his feet with a strength uncharacteristic of his age. "Groveling at my feet isn't going to do you any good. You're fate has been sealed, and you will meet it with both obedience and honor above all else. Understood?"

"Y-yes Grandmaster," Vacne said, with a shake in his voice.

"Good. Now walk with me," Dorian said. The two commenced to walk through the corridors of the building.

"As for why I am here to meet you: this entire operation has been my idea ever since we made the discovery of the issue that called for it. It is, by NO means a small operation just because we're only sending one person. In fact, this may very well be the largest, most important operation that the Academy has undertaken. You should feel privileged to have been asked to represent us in."

"But Grandmaster," Vance said, now getting worried, "if this is such a large operation, why are we not sending more people to handle it? Why just me? And why not send a master?"

"Because we need to concentrate our forces on defense, should our worlds be breached by this force," Dorian explained. "Our sources have informed use that there is a coalition in the making. People, warriors so to speak, from many other worlds and universes are gathering in light of this situation in order to combat the force or persons behind it. With this being so, we have decided that we need only send one of our own, at least for the time being. Flooding an entire strike force would compromise our universe's safety, whereas one operative will be able to keep us from garnering too much attention. For all the enemy would know, you'd just be another straggler or wanderer that they happen across that's managed to stay out of their scope.

"And we've chosen you for this mission because your loyalty to us is unwaveringly devout, and it's obvious that you will do anything to see it end in success."

At last, the two had arrived at their destination, which was a large laboratory located in the lower levels of the same building as the courtroom. Together, they passed with little deterrence through several security checks, which was easily done, considering that there was no mistaking the Grandmaster of all Keybearers. Before them, stretching from wall-to-wall and floor to ceiling a room off the main lab area, stood a machine that Vance had never seen or heard of before. It seemed to be a massive ring, with several lasers lining the inner hoop, directed at the center. Various monitors were situated at the machines base, each one being manned by a scientist. "What is this?" Vance inquired in amazement.

"This," Dorian explained, "is a portal generator. It operates much like the corridors of darkness, and similar methods of traveling. However, it works by way of technological means rather than magical, and it is able to transcend simply traveling throughout our universe. With this device, you will be transported to a world in a universe different from our own. It will still be a place under the Realms of Light and Darkness. However, in this Universe, Darkness has taken a stronger hold, and the Light fights, often fruitlessly, to extinguish it. The world you are about to be warped to has been organizing a rebellion against the very forces that threaten all of existence. Your mission is simple: rendezvous with this resistance, and seek out the coalition I told you of earlier."

Dorian snapped his fingers, sparking several actions. The scientists manning the Portal Generator fired the machine up creating a luminescent veil, much like a magical portal. In that same moment, another scientist delivered unto Dorian a golden necklace with a silver gemstone incrusted within the pendant. Dorian handed the necklace to Vance and said, "this gemstone contains the essence of portal magic. It has been forged with similar capabilities to the portal generator and any other advanced portal magic. With it, you will be able to traverse dimensions as easily as anyone with the natural magic."

"Then why don't I just use this to get where I'm going?" Vance asked.

"Because we need to test the machine. Whilst you are on your mission, we will be busy here preparing for any eventuality. Whether that means fighting to defend our dimension, or preparing an influx of troops, we will be ready to move at a moment's notice."

"Grandmaster," a scientist by the machine said, "the portal has connected to a back alley in SteamGear Town. Is Mr. Scypa ready to go?"

"Yes he is," Dorian said, not even asking Vance for confirmation. "Now go, Vance Scypa. And don't fail us."

There was a second's worth of hesitation, after which Vance sprinted through the veil, and into the portal...​

17. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

"I get to destroy the city?" Caitlin beamed, voice dripping with glee.

"Actually, I'm gonna need a few things too. Hold on, gimme a sec." She walked hastily away from the others to her room. When she returned minutes later, she was wearing black gloves and held two small, sharp daggers. "Like Kurao said, they don't stand a chance...As long as no one holds us back," she not-so-subtly spoke about Glyde.

-|-

"On the subject of the commander, I doubt I have any technology that your commander doesn't know about or have, but I'm sure he'll be interested in my aura." Tsubasa commented as he buckled himself in.

18. EtherealSummoner

"*Sigh* Once we are done with this mission, I need to take a soak... a massage would be necessary. A LONG massage. All of this flying around and causing havoc can be tiresome for a lady."

The Ice Queen made her throne float as she went next to Kurao.

"Well then, are you prepared darling?"

"Killing civilians... I have an even better idea than to just kill them."

The Fire Mage went next to Caitlin and his mask had sparks coming out.

"Do not become so confident and be reckless. You are responsible for whatever you do."

"But as for the keyblade bearer Exilus, I protest... and I will be watching him. But who cares. Welcome."

"A warm welcome from Snaedis indeed."

The Fire Mage and the Ice Queen had their hands up in the air and their color-coordinated beam came together, opening a portal to the next planet. They did not hesitate, Seraphin letting Snaedis go in first in respect with him following after her.

19. "They don't stand a chance, admiral,"

"You're right," Exilus answered. "But it will be fun to watch them squirm." Exilus knew that Kurao would not disappoint him.

"Of course I'm ready. Your lot has treated me pretty well so far. I can only imagine what these guys are like in combat."

"Well said," Exilus replied with a smirk. "Soon you will see. The power of the Syneptophy is no laughing matter."

"I get to destroy the city?"

"Absolutely," Exilus said, turning to Caitlin. "I look forward to witnessing the destruction you cause. I'm sure the result will be nothing short of magnificent."

"Do not become so confident and be reckless. You are responsible for whatever you do."

"That's laughable coming from you," Exilus told Seraphin with a chuckle. "I thought you fire mages were supposed to be all about passion and impulse?"

"But as for the keyblade bearer Exilus, I protest... and I will be watching him. But who cares. Welcome."

"A warm welcome from Snaedis indeed."

"Protest or not, he's working for us," Exilus said, emotionless. "If you see Mr. Savian acting against the Syneptophy, you are welcome to destroy him. Otherwise, you will just have to deal with him."

Exilus looked upon the collection of Syneptophy members gathered before him. He had no doubt that Steamgear Town was about to face it's doom. He walked to a position in which he could see all of the Syneptophy members and cleared his throat.

"Syneptophy," Exilus began with a booming voice. "Today we face a formidable threat. However, they are nowhere near strong enough to stop us. Be ruthless, be relentless, and show no mercy. Today is the day Steamgear town is razed." With the short speech commenced, Exilus lead his group down the grassy decline and to the front gates of Steamgear Town. They approached quickly, but just before they reached the gates, the guards spotted them and an enormous barrier erected itself around the outer wall of the town. Exilus grimmaced slightly. After a moment, a blasting sound pierced the air.

"YOU WITH THE SPIKY ARMOR, STOP WHERE YOU ARE," boomed a voice through a loud-speaker. "YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE. TURN BACK IMMEDIATELY." Exilus smirked. Since they obviously couldn't hear him without a loud-speaker, he charged a burst of darkness and hurled it at their barrier as a way of saying 'Enough talk.' "SO THAT'S THE WAY IT'S GONNA BE, HUH?! ALRIGHT THEN! STEAM SECURITY, ELIMINATE HOSTILES AT THE SOUTHERN GATE!" On each side of the main gate, two smaller doors opened and dozens of men in magi-tech armor armed with rifles and beam swords filed out. They freely walk through the barrier and make a gunline formation in front of Exilus and the Syneptophy members.

Before the captain of the security force could speak, Exilus summoned his Keyblade Brimstone Shadow. He flicked the blade and sent an orb of shady black aura at the group of enemies. The sphere exploded on contact, taking out several troops. The command "Fire!" could be heard being issued from the field commanders among the ranks of the soldiers.

The grassy field erupted into a battlefield in a matter of seconds. Exilus clashed with several of the laser bolts that came near him, sending them safely off-course. He then turned to his generals.

"Half of you, take down that barrier!" Exilus shouted. "The rest of you help me slaughter these peons!" Exilus shot a look at Glyde, a beckoning glance that communicated 'follow me.' Exilus leapt forward, through the blazing laser fire and into the front lines of the enemy. Several soldiers approached him with large riot-shields in one hand and handguns in the other. They slowly strafed around him, exuding fear of the tall, armored man. Exilus waited patiently until the soldiers had surrounded him in a tight circle. There was a moment of hesitation, then one of the soldiers yelled "Fire!"

It was during that moment of hesitation that Exilus acted. First, he hurled his Keyblade forward, firing it through the hard shield and into the chest of the soldier. A second later, the Keyblade dissipated. He then whirled about to face the other enemies, just as the "Fire!" command was issued. Exilus waved his hands and created a swath of darkness, and in a split second two Defender Heartless were summoned. The sturdy Heartless took the volley of lasers to their shields, then slowly began to move toward their enemy.

"W-what the hell are those?!" One scared soldier yelped from behind a riot shield.

"I don't know, and I don't give a damn! Just shoot!" Another retorted just before cocking her pistol and firing another blast. Knowing that the Defenders couldn't hold up forever, Exilus went back on the offensive. He leapt over one of the defenders, re-summoning his Keyblade mid-way and dashing to clear the rest of the distance. He landed in between two startled soldiers. Swinging 90 degrees to the right, Exilus flew forward and made a strong upward slash at the enemy, knocking his riot shield up. Exilus then stepped passed the soldiers guard, palmed his face and then slammed his body into the ground. The soldier grunted roughly. Exius sent a spike of darkness out of his palm and into the face of the soldier.

A blast of laser plowed into Exilus's back, knocking him off-balance. Thankfully his armor was strong enough to withstand the hit, but it damaged the integrity of his backplate. Another laser bolt could easily penetrate and deal some real damage.

Exilus turned around and got up all in one smooth motion. The other soldier, hands shaking, went to cock his gun and fire at Exilus again. Before the soldier could fire, Exilus dashed forward and swiped at the gun with his Keyblade, cutting off everything past the trigger. The soldier started to scream. Exilus whipped his Keyblade back the other way and knocked the riot shield to the side, finishing the combo with a thrust that sent the riot shield flying away. The soldier stood before Exilus, trembling terribly, then she fell to her knees and began to sob. Exilus paused for a moment and looked at Glyde; long, emotionless stare that ended with one side of Exilus's mouth rising to make a crooked smile. Once he knew he had Glyde's attention, he turned back to the soldier. He grabbed the weeping girl by the throat and raised her into the air so that she was eye-to-eye with him. With his other hand, Exilus drove his Keyblade into her chest, then viciously turned it 90 degrees to the right. A clicking sound echoed and a heart-shaped aura drifted out of the soldier.

Exilus snatched the rose-colored energy, dropping the limp body of the soldier girl. He stared into it and smiled. Exilus devoured the heart with inhuman fervor, then started and the wisps of residual aura on his hands. A moment of serenity hit Exilus as the power from the heart surged through him. The chaos of combat around him was soothing.

Ah, how sweet... the sounds of battle...

20. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Teri looked on the crowd and snickered. He never snickers

"Really? This is what we're up against?" He laugh-yawned, which is an impressive feat on its own. "They need more than just toy soldiers to take us on. The cheetah-man tossed a black sphere up into the air and bit it, just as a group of soldiers advanced on him. His head and arms drooped low, as if he were a puppet being dangled.

"Hands where we can see them!" One soul ventured, pointing a rifle at the pirate.

"Alright, alright, see?" was all that he said in return, holding his bladed hands out in an open stance, as if he were expecting a very high hug. A smile crept across Teri's face as his head lifted to stare at the soldiers.

"Since you know that I'm well-er. . . armed, I guess that means the cat. . . is OUT OF THE BAG!"

There wasn't a charge. There was no energy beam. Kurao simply ceased to be in the center of the circle any longer. And then one soldier dropped, large gashes cutting through the metal of the magic armor. And another.

"Wh-what do we-" One began, noticing his comerades were dropping like the bass. But the bass that was being dropped was being dropped by dubstep cat, and he would continue dropping the bass until there was no bass to drop. Which included the soldier that asked the worthless question. Soon enough, that entire crowd was downed. Kurao was suddenly there again looking at the blood dripping off of his claws.

"Aw, damn it. These are such a pain to clean. You'd think moving faster than anything would prevent blood from staying on, but nope. Ah, whatever. I'll get a cabin boy to do it. Still, I'm glad we had to face those damn pirates that day," He talked to himself, taking a moment to rest on one of the bodies. And then, once again, he simply ceased to be there any longer, and was back in the battle, cutting down hordes of soldier.

Mages, he decided, were much better for taking down barriers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Won't it cause mass panic and stuff if your big fancy ship shows up on this earth that has no apparent equivalent technology?" Marie asked, looking around at all the olive drab-coloured things around her.