• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Divine Inheritance: Chaos

Discussion in 'Original Roleplays (IC)' started by Nova, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Jaxx insisted on 'tying' her own hands to ensure that they would be easy to get loose from when the time came. However, her reluctant companion didn't seem to mind, as he impatiently paced the alley, breaking wood planks from the barrel beneath his massive feet. Once Jaxx felt she had successfully made herself appear to be restrained, she sighed, knowing well the plan would probably not meet approval from any of her trainers. But it was the best she had. With Lilith out of the way, and her powers thankfully beginning to work properly again, she had a chance to dispatch both Finnan Loch and Zamir in the same attack. Knowing that the enemy army had already lost a 'king' a day prior, and without Ilda Ironside to guide them, their deaths would strike the heart of the enemy and weaken the resolve of the whole. As for Zamir, Jaxx simply couldn't allow Lilith any further potential alliance with him or his army. He would have to die too.

She held out her hands, displaying her handiwork, "See? I told you I didn't need help with this part."

The larger man simply grunted in response and suddenly reached out and grasped her arm above the elbow, somewhat more roughly than Jaxx would have liked. He shoved her forward "Good. Let's go." was his only response.

Raven and Merrick hadn't been searching for long. She had tried using her aura ability to search for any presence nearby that could pass as Jaxx. But street after street she was only met with strangers. On her third try, she felt someone familiar. At first, her hopes were high, but something was off about this presence. It was familiar, but not like Jaxx... like from a distant nightmare. Whatever it was seemed to take notice of her for a brief moment, Raven felt the connection. But it wasn't friendly. The feeling was gone almost as quickly as it had come but it put Raven on edge for a reason she couldn't explain. She had stopped walking without realizing, during the encounter, her companion seemed to take notice. He stared back at her with a curious expression. To brush it off, Raven stretched her arms and glanced around as though she had simply gotten tired. She even feigned a yawn to really sell it. The glance paid off as something interesting caught her eye, a figure in the distance way too tall to be a normal human. With long white hair. A quick reach with her aura was enough to confirm her suspicion. That was Lilith Newgate. She was too far away for even Raven to really see clearly. So it was difficult to make out what exactly she was doing but it appeared the girl was at least trying to be stealthy, which was somewhat humerus to Raven. It was clear the poor child had no experience in the matter and her height wasn't doing her any favors.

The hint of humor was difficult to mask in her voice as she gestured in Lilith's direction for Merrick to see "There. Do you see her?"

At this point Lilith was sure that the gods themselves were giving her their blessing, because despite being fifteen feet tall, and having absolutely no grace when it came to sneaking, she somehow managed to make it this far without being caught. It was embarrassing enough, that halfway to her destination, she remembered that Voltair had told her where her weapon was anyway, so searching for it would have been a waste of time regardless if Zamir knew of its location or not. Regardless the temple was in sight… and guards were literally everywhere. Great. Think Lilith think… what would Jaxx do… That’s a dumb question, she’d kill them of course, but that’s not really a risk you can take right now. Damnit...

From here, it was tricky to decide what to do. The Intel they had gathered already made it clear the two girls had likely escaped together. And Raven had seen them together in her vision. But Lilith was alone now. So either they had split up for some reason, or Jaxx had managed to get herself killed.

Preferring the former option, Jaxx's location was still in question. There was one sure way that she could be sure Jaxx wasn't still with Lilith, and that was to follow her. However, if they had recently split up, Jaxx could be in the direction Lilith had just come from. It seemed Merrick had the same mind, because once he recognized Lilith, the two made eye contact once again. "I will follow her. If you find Jaxx the way she came, get her out of the city. Don't wait for me. Deal?"

Merrick shrugged, not really seeming to care one way or the other. Raven knew he would probably be faster on his own anyway. He disappeared into the shadows as Raven turned her back and disappeared herself. Much like Merrick, she was faster on her own. Her cloaking ability made it easy for her to avoid detection as she caught up to Lilith. She considered simply revealing her presence to Lilith, and cloaking the child as well, to make her journey easier. But soon realized it was not necessary, as she had already reached her target destination. And the location peaked her curiosity. It appeared to be a temple of some sort, though it had been vandalized heavily by the invading forces. The entrance of the temple was heavily guarded. Raven counted at least 5 soldiers at the gate. She assumed this temple must be where their military housed their important figures. So why would Lilith think to venture there alone clearly unarmed?

That’s when Raven felt another familiar presence, if only for a moment. This one, like the last, was better at shutting her out weather or not they meant to. It was enough for her to recognize. Lilith’s protector was nearby, possibly even within the temple.

Raven rolled her eyes, he’s rather “hands on” isn’t he.

She sighed, stepping forward and removing her cloaking spell to become visible to LIlith, standing next to where the younger girl was crouched, eyeing the guards. She whistled once as though in awe at the number of soldiers at the gate, “That’s a lot of guards.” she said casually, not taking her eyes off of them to speak to Lilith. “Do you have a plan to get past them or are you just checking out the girl in the middle?”

Lilith hummed at the voice in her head, she remembered it. It was the voice that made her think all those weird things when she was tired back in the underground arena with Jaxx… Wait… Turning slowly, Lilith’s jaw slowly dropped as she came face to face with Raven. “Girl what girl. I don’t know what you’re talking… Nevermind that, where did you come from? Why are you here? I’m so confused.”

As Lilith rambled, Raven hummed softly and leaned toward Lilith, which seemed to fluster the younger girl more. She reached out and put a hand over LIlith’s mouth to shush her. “You’re making too much noise.” she said softly before withdrawing her hand and turning her attention back to the guards posted at the gate “To answer your question, I’m looking for Jaxx. I thought she was with you.”

Lilith raised an eyebrow, “All that power you have and you couldn’t just, you know, level this place? Or I don’t know… You know what, forget it. You may be an ally, but if you’re here to help, then you can at least help me recover my weapon. Do that, and I’ll take you to Jaxx, as of course, I know where she is. Or you can kill me, and finish scouting the city, risking her death. I don’t care at this point.”

Raven appeared confused for a moment. “Why would I kill you? Don’t be so dramatic.” she shrugged. The teenager seemed to have a pretty misguided judge of Raven’s character. Whether or not she could kill everyone here and level the city looking for Jaxx was unknown. But the idea seemed excessive. There were still innocent civilians trapped inside the city walls. “But if you insist…” Raven stood up and took a step into the open without another word.

As she approached, all five guards drew their weapons and pointed them at Raven. “B’gon woman!” one of them barked as a warning.

“Not a very friendly bunch are you?” Raven called back, raising her hands to reveal she was unarmed. “Let me be plain. I want in there. Either you get out of my way, or you take a nap.”

The guards exchanged glances before simultaneously bursting into laughter. The same guard who spoke before responded as his laughter died down the most quickly. “We aint movin’, bitch. Pretty thing like you, id ‘ate to scar yer face.” he jerked the tip of his weapon at her. “Now piss off!”

Raven sighed “Remember you chose this.” she shrugged before her eyes took on a bright gold glow for only a second as she spoke and then returned to normal. “Goodnight.”

As though responding to a command, the lead guard’s eyes suddenly rolled into the back of his head. He struggled for a moment before falling over motionless. The other guards instantly became more defensive. “What the ‘ell did ya do?!” one of them called out as they formed a tighter formation.

“You caught me… I’m a witch.” Raven stepped forward which caused the center guard to break formation and charge at her with her weapon drawn. As she moved to bring her sword down at Raven’s head, Raven simply reached up and caught it between two hands before spinning out of the way of the weapon. What happened next couldn’t really be seen clearly, but the guard was knocked out on the ground and Raven held her sword. She held it out to the remaining three, handle first. Tempers flared, the remaining three charged at Raven. As the first came into range, he moved to stab Raven with a spear. The handle was broken in half by the sword Raven still held. The impact broke both weapons as well as the arm of her attacker. The guard grunted in pain but was silenced as Raven kicked him in the chest into the outstretched spear of his ally behind him.

Weighed down by his now lifeless companion, the fourth guard growled at tried to yank his spear free. But he wasn’t quick enough. Raven went on the offensive. As though she weighed nothing, Raven stepped onto the pole of the spear and crouched down to make eye contact with the man who was stunned by her suddenly being so close. “Hi. Could you let go?"

Still stunned, the man did as she asked. He released the weapon and stumbled backwards. Raven was slightly surprised that actually worked and she dropped to the ground with the tail end of the spear. Landing on her feet with spear in her hand, she nodded to the man, “Thank you.” she said genuinely before pulling it free of the dead man and suddenly turning to throw it at the last guard, who thought to attack her from behind. It flew fast enough to impale the large woman only a second after leaving Raven’s hand.

Turning back to face the one who had released his spear, she found the man on his knees with his hands up in surrender. “I yeil, I yeil!” the man said fearfully. “Jus dun kill me.”

Raven approached the final guard. Crouching in front of him, she took his face in her hands and once again her eyes flashed gold momentarily, “Relax.” she spoke softly, as though to a fearful child, “You’ll live.” as her words were spoken, the guard behaved similarly to the first. Convulsing momentarily before falling motionless. But breathing. Raven stood up, looking over the five guards. The entire encounter was over in under a minute. And she only had to kill two of the five. Weather or not she even cared, she didn’t show.

Her attention turned back to Lilith’s hiding place “Hurry up now. Let’s get your weapon.” she commanded.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Oath likes this.
  2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Eyes wide and frown firmly in place on her face, Lilith stood to her full height and made her way over to Raven. She glared at the woman and growled, “You didn’t have to kill any of them. You could have just as easily used your power to knock them all out, anything, any other way. Sacrifice may be necessary, that I understand, but if you have a means to end things peacefully, you damn well make the effort.”

Raven frowned”More noise.” she muttered as Lilith marched toward her, attempting to scold her. She patiently waited for Lilith to get out her frustration before responding. “It’s nice to dream. But that’s not how it works.” she stepped in front of Lilith, looking to her eyes to emphasize the point “I have to make eye contact for it to work.” she spoke lazily before turning around to start walking toward the gate “Not that It’s of any consequence for me to tell you. But, I agree with you. It’s good to be merciful when you can. But if you can’t defend yourself or what you care about for the sake of mercy, you’ll fail.”

Sighing Lilith looked away, “The road to peace has been nothing but insults, injuries, and mistakes. Though I have support from my allies, they are only that, my allies. As much as I would wish for them to be more, to be my friends, they are not. They are there to see this mission through, and then they will be on there way. Jaxx, in a sense, is no different, and yet here we stand, allied under the same cause. The way we fight together, what we’re capable of when we stand together… it’s baffling.” she spoke as she followed Raven into the temple.

Raven led the way through the first part of the temple which was a long hall with a massive double door at the end. The door appeared to be unguarded. Raven decided to let Lilith’s words hang in the air as the two made it down the hall in silence.

About halfway down the hall, Lilith placed a firm hand on Raven’s shoulder, stopping her from proceeding any further, “Listen to me, I know you aim to help Jaxx, in whatever way possible, but if by some miracle we both make it out of this alive, I have no intention of killing her. She may be my enemy, but she is also… The only real chance I have of ending this war peacefully…”

Raven shrugged Lilith’s hand off of her shoulder, “Why do you think I waited to intervene, the day under the tree, until your shady companion forced my hand?” Raven’s answer was brief and to the point. “Now, let’s get your bisento so you can tell me where she is.” she continued walking toward the door of the throne room.

Lilith chuckled and sighed, “Voltair isn’t shady. He’s… okay, yeah he’s shady. But that’s not the point. He’s helped me quite a lot already, and I owe him much despite us being together for merely a short while in the grand scheme of things. He is… much like you in a way, strict, but understanding. He has guided me towards more violent solutions, while you attempt to stray Jaxx away from such things. It’s honestly a little scary how similar you both are.” Reaching the throne room at last, Lilith smiled and nodded to herself, before making to push open the door.

Raven appeared amused as Lilith pushed the door to the throne room open and walked ahead. However, she decided to drop the topic. “More noise-” she said mostly under her breath. Lilith was much more talkative than Jaxx and possibly even Claire. But it was at least somewhat entertaining.

Upon entering the Throne room, Lilith smiled, “Aha speak of the devil. I figured you’d turn up eventually, Voltair.”

3. Legendseeker

Legendseeker OPON Content Writer

Oryx bounded through the city, cheerfully humming a lulaby from his childhood. Nearly every guard he ran into met an untimely fate at his weapon. Some were smart enough to run at the sight of Oryx, but he gave no chase to them. He would not mercilessly kill a retreating opponent, that was not the way of the Iron Lords.

Oryx launched himself into the air and landed on a building. As he stood up, an arrow whizzed by his head. It managed to knick him and draw a faint line of blood. The man spun around and caught sight of the archer. Backing up slowly, Oryx took off sprinting and hurled himself across the gap. The archer barely had time to scream before Oryx drove into him and sent him flying off the roof. As he stood up, Oryx caught a glint of white hair that moved into a temple.

"My future wife!" Oryx exclaimed. "My love, I shall be there momentarily!" He took off running again and began jumping building to building.

A few streets down, Kable and Paige made their own way around the city. As Kable took out yet another guard, he felt the medallion on his chest twitch. A mental image flashed through his head, causing Kable to take pause. He had felt this power before, used directly at himself once before. Raven. She's here. He thought. And if she's here, she may have already found Lilith.

Kable heard Oryx's bellow and saw him fly over the two mercenaries. Kable ran onto an open street and saw him moving towards a rather large temple. Kable turned to Paige. "I think he found her. Come on!"

Oath likes this.
  4. Oath

Oath King Bitch™

"Just thought you could use the motivation." Paige cheerfully reached out to pat Kable on the head. Her face fell to a pout when her companion simply caught her hand and and placed it back at her side with a disapproving look on his face. Done playing, she shrugged "To be honest, I just didn't think we would get far using stealth with Oryx around. He's a better decoy." With that said, the two mercenaries were off to find the missing princess.

They hadn't been searching long when Oryx seemed to find her for them. "Damn it Oryx... You're going to lead them right to her!" she muttered under her breath.

"Yeah!" Paige called back as the two mercenaries made a run for the temple.

The day ran too quickly it seemed to Roxanne. Her damned entourage slowed her down. Even for trained assassins, they were slow. Humans. Such useless creatures, with few exceptions. Sickly and weak like the woman. She slows him down, she doesn't deserve him.
    "Sternshade! A falcon brings a message from the master." one of her fellow assassins trotted to match her stride. Roxanne didn't bother making eye contact with her companion as she took the small scroll from his hand. Nor did she stop or even slow her pace to read the short message written on the parchment." However, a grin crept across her jagged teeth. "Finally..." she laughed and the parchment was engulfed in blue flame, burning it to ashes that fell into the sand beneath her feet.

"Return to camp..." she took a ornate, small, chest from the sack she carried around her shoulder and handed it to the one who walked beside her. "Make sure the master gets this token from the imperial rat himself. And tell him, I will not return until the plan has been seen through."

Without another word, the dark woman broke away from her party, eastward.

5. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Voltair was lying across the throne, looking quite bored as he made cuts into the temple floor with Lilith's bisento. Given the size of the weapon it was quite a strange sight. The flames from the candles seemed to suddenly brighten as Lilith and Raven entered the main area. "Shady? Really?" He spoke up, not even turning his focus towards the pair of women as they entered. "One, that hurts. Two, there are better words to use. Charismatic, endearing, attractive. Yes, attractive is a much better description of me." He stabbed the weapon into the ground to brace it as he pulled himself up with it. He then pulled it out of the ground and walked towards the women with it. "I was planning on surprising you with this while the others went to find you. Oh, and humiliating Finnan when he got back but damn does that man never fail to disappoint."

Voltair handed Lilith the weapon and then turned to Raven. "Lovely to see you as always." He held his arms out, as though he was expecting a hug from her. After a few moments of being left hanging, he put his arms down and spoke up again. "Oh, given your conversation a moment ago, question. Will you try to stop Lilith as she goes to stop Jaxx?" He turned to Lilith. "Right, probably should explain. Jaxx is..." Voltair paused. "Should I spoil it? Not sure how fair that is. Eh, whatever. Hey Raven, I can only assume everybody else is here as well. Is the little girl somewhere safe?"

6. RebelMurf

RebelMurf Hero of the Wild

(OOC: This is a joint post by Akira, Hope, Taboo Sho and myself. There is some power play in this post which is necessary to proceed with the story. If anyone has a complaint take it up with the GM. Colour represents which character perspective the narrative is from.
    Argo- Brown, Raven- Purple, Lilith- Pink, Jaxx- Blue, Zamir- Green, Finnan- Dark Green, Merrick- Red, Voltair- Orange)

Finnan’s anger was growing by the minute. The prisoners hadn’t been apprehended and somehow some giant armoured monster was throwing itself about his city. The Emperors dogs were still gathering outside his gates. “My King” Sithtric called. “It seems the pup has brought its master a bone”. Finnan turned to where Sithtric pointed and was met by the beaten and bloody man leading the small figure of a woman towards him.

“Seems he’s not completely useless after all” Finnan said his temper abating somewhat.

Merrick’s search for Jaxx didn’t take very long. The daft girl had managed to get herself captured. ‘Only one man?’ he thought to himself. ‘Useless’ Merrick made his way to intercept them when two men stepped into his path. They looked surprised to see him there and before they could say anything Merrick was upon them. One man gurgled as he tried uselessly to call out not realising that his throat had already been slit. The second man managed to raise his sword before Merrick stabbed his blade into his exposed armpit. Covering the man’s mouth so his position wouldn’t be given away he watched as the life left his eyes.

Agriokatos was resting in the peace and quiet of his once prison. What had been a place of torture no longer held the power to affect him, at least not in this part of it; the prison had now become the one place he felt most at home.

“Those insects are so loud yet so weak. Where are my family and friends? My children should be more than a match for me by now. Well one good thing from that infernal racket those insects made, I know roughly where Voltair is. He even has earned my title of Lord of Arenas. I’m looking forward to fighting him again.” Agriokatos let out a sigh of frustration “My closet friends betraying me like that, he better have used his time out there wisely” Agriokatos smiled with anticipation of the up and coming fight.

Zamir and Jaxx climbed the steps to the top of the battlement. Once they reached the makeshift executioners stand he gave Jaxx a shove pushing her towards Finnan. “Seems I managed to do what you couldn’t” He said bringing himself to his full height and sticking out his chest.

“Well done. You managed to apprehend a little girl” Sithtric said sarcastically drawing a laugh from the surrounding men. “Let’s get this done” Finnan said grabbing Jaxx below the arm and picking her up.

“Now’s my chance!” Just as Finnan yanked Jaxx back to her feet, the small girl broke free of her makeshift restraints and grabbed the knife she had hidden up her sleeve. It sparked slightly as she used his hand to hoist herself up, stabbing her sparking blade for the barbaric king’s jugular.

It had taken a lot to get over the vengeful rage which had built up with the years of imprisonment the rage had got the better of him the last time he had had any interaction with anyone.

“If this lead is good I want the element of surprise…………..Learnt that one the hard way. Hopefully Voltair can let me know where the family are these days.” With that he opened up the portal and stepped through.

"Shady? Really?"

Raven paused when a familiar voice cut into their conversation. Usually she was at least somewhat perceptive of the people around her. So the fact that this person had somehow slipped past her put her on edge for a moment. Once she saw him, though, it made sense. Her own lack of awareness was somewhat funny, considering she had noticed him before. She shifted her weight to one side, resting a hand on her hip as Voltair approached. Although this time more out of habit than defence. Her hand was nowhere near her sword.

"One, that hurts. Two, there are better words to use. Charismatic, endearing, attractive. Yes, attractive is a much better description of me-"

Raven rolled her eyes though remained silent.

Voltair handed Lilith the weapon and then turned to Raven. "Lovely to see you as always." He held his arms out, as though he was expecting a hug from her.

Raven didn’t move, though she did watch Voltair extend his arms to her in a way she didn’t understand. Was he expecting her to throw something? Or was he expecting a hug? Her head tilted to the side, unsure of how to react to the gesture. After a moment, he gave up on whatever he was doing and continued speaking. Lilith took the bisento.

Seeing no reason to stick around for Voltair and Raven to talk, she ran off to find Jaxx and Zamir.

Oh, given your conversation a moment ago, question. Will you try to stop Lilith as she goes to stop Jaxx?" He turned to Lilith. "Right, probably should explain. Jaxx is..." Voltair paused. "Should I spoil it? Not sure how fair that is. Eh, whatever. Hey Raven, I can only assume everybody else is here as well. Is the little girl somewhere safe?"

Agriokatos didn't spare the dead and sleeping insects nor those blocking the path that littered the entrance way a second thought as he entered, what appeared to be some sort of throne room, there before him was the betrayer himself “ Voltair long time no see my Friend!, I’m challenging you”

Raven didn’t have a moment to respond when yet another voice spoke from behind her, near the entrance of the temple. She turned to face the strange newcomer who suddenly darted forward toward Voltair, taking no notice of Raven or Lilith.

Agriokatos with a wicked smile across his face opened a portal to his prison home a couple meters below the ground just behind his friend, he wanted to spend as little time as possible amongst the noise and nattering of the insects, Agriokatos grasped Voltair by the face and used his head to plough through both the stone floor and the portal with a thunderous smash.

As the dust settled and Agriokatos prepared to jump through after his friend someone caught his eye, catching him off guard and stopping him in his tracks.

“Raven? Raven!” a true smile spread across his face and Agriokatos completely forgot about Voltair for the moment. He grabbed Raven in an over rigorous bear hug spinning her around.

“Now this is a surprise, it’s so good to see you.” he released her from the embrace holding Raven in the air to get a better look at her.

Still somewhat stunned by the stranger’s friendliness, Raven moved to push away from him “I mean, that’s nice and all... but who are-”

“I’m sorry for the way I acted the last time I saw yooouuuuu” Agriokatos had not being paying attention and lost in the moment fell into the portal with Raven in hand. It closed behind them.

That… did not sound very good. Lilith thought to herself as the temple behind rumbled and shook violently. I’m uhhh… sure Voltair is fine. Yeah. Jaxx needs help, before she does something reckless, because she always does, Olympus curse her. Regardless of the circumstances taking place behind her, she had a focus. She made a promise to get back to Jaxx and Zamir as soon as she could and that’s exactly what she intended to do.

Finnan grabbed the girls arm the tip of the blade making contact with his neck. He smiled as he twisted her wrist causing her to drop her weapon. He released her arm and slapped her through the face letting go of her so she could fall to the ground. His annoyance peaked, he used the full force of his strength in the hit. Jaxx was left in shock as he proceeded to kick her once more to make sure she would not try that again. “Seems you can’t even capture a little girl right” He mocked to Zamir as Sithtric proceeded to approach Jaxx, who had been knocked unconscious, to correctly tie her restraints and moved her so her head was on the block.

It was a relatively long trek back to the wall, but despite the length of the trip, it was quiet. Not a single guard pursued her or attempted to ambush her. As time went on she grew more and more suspicious and started being more cautious. But even still, things were quiet, and stopping for a moment, she listened to see if there was any reason why.

Turns out there was, for as she turned, she caught a glimpse of Kable and Paige and a smile crossed her face, they had her back, she had free reign to make a break for the wall.

Finnan raised his axe and brought it down with force enough to sever the girls head.

“Too slow” Merrick said a smile playing across his lips as he suddenly appeared from out of Jaxx’s shadow to stand in front of the barbarian catching the axe in the cross of his blades. The assassin’s mouth opened to once again speak, but his breath was caught by a sudden gasp of pain. He looked down and to his surprise saw the shaft of a spear going through his chest and into Finnan’s abdomen. “Huh” Merrick managed to grunt as Finnan used his strength to push the him aside.

The Barbarian king’s eyes flicked up from the dying assassin to glare at Zamir, who had pulled his spear free. Zamir said nothing. His attack had been meant for Finnan Loch… he was equally as surprised as the others at the man’s sudden appearance. But now the girl would have to die. Zamir would find another time to strike. But the chance was lost now. With a slight nod to Zamir, Finnan raised his axe to finish the job.

Upon reaching the wall Lilith’s face fell. Something must have gone wrong with the plan, because Zamir’s spear had made contact with one of Jaxx’s own bodyguards, and Jaxx herself was at the barbarian’s mercy on the executioners stand. “No no no no no!” Breaking into a sprint towards the wall Lilith channelled her power into her fists, dropping the bisento, “JAXX!” Her scream pierced the air, followed quickly by the impact of her glowing fists against the massive wall.

The ground rumbled, and instantly Lilith’s hands broke through the dense brick as though it was made of paper. At first, it seemed as though nothing more happened. But then the wall around the hole Lilith made began to crack up and shake violently as the distortions in the atmosphere took effect on everything in contact with the shock wave caused by Lilith’s punch. The cracks made their way up the entire height of the wall in only moments, breaking it apart all the way up to the top where all of her enemies stood. And then, it fell. Along with it fell Jaxx, Merrick’s body, Zamir, Finnan, and all of his men to the ground to be buried in the rubble.

7. Desert Warrior

"Okay, first Raven and now this bastard." Voltair spoke almost angrily as he rubbed the back of his head, any wound that may have been there having already been healed long before he touched it. "What is up with me suddenly freezing when I see somebody? That's it. Next time this happens I'mma just kill them then and there. Oh, and Lilith. Why the hell did she walk away in the middle of me speaking to her? The fuck?" His voice then echoed out in her head. "Lilith what the hell!? You left in the middle of me talking to you! And now some random jackass thought it might be funny to slam my head into the ground. Because who the hell puts a portal some asinine distance under the ground instead of on the ground like a sensible person!?" With a sigh he continued. "Y'know what? Fine, whatever. We'll talk later. Just hurry on up to Jaxx before she does something stupid."

He looked around the area he was now in. There wasn't really much to comment on. There wasn't much of anything really. "Well I guess you could say its not unlike my wine cellar. Which means I'm not in Aezureth anymore." The portal opened up again, Agriokatos descending with Raven in tow. Seeing her Voltair held back on any attack he considered. "Oh, good. Well might as well get some information before I leave here."

8. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Collab between Legendseeker and Taboo Sho.

Kable and Paige made for the temple where they had seen Lilith. Before they could get to it, they witnessed her making a break for one of the city walls. They matched their own destination behind her and kept moving forward.

"She sure is fast for a giantess." Kable made a comment. Before Paige could respond, they both stopped dead in their tracks. Kable could feel his hairs standing on end, like something was wrong with the air around him. He looked over to see the same expression on Paige's face. A loud crack sounded through the air, causing Kable to grab Paige and throw themselves into the nearest side alley. Right as they entered it, the atmosphere itself cracked where they had stood, causing building windows to shatter and rain glass on them. Kable stood up to notice that most of the city wall had collapsed, as if broken down by the worlds biggest hammer.

Oryx came skidding to a halt in front of the duo. "It's the lass." He commented breathlessly. "I saw her strike the wall. Whatever happened, we need to get there." Without another word, he took off. Kable took off after him, with Paige following suit.

Interestingly enough, the wall happened to collapse not far from where Lucius stood. He had noticed the spoiled princess atop the wall, attempting to strike down the new barbarian king. Right as Lucius moved to find a way to save her, the wall cracked and exploded in front of him. He was launched back along with his soldiers and knocked dazed for a minute. As this happened, something stirred by him. He felt the faintest touch of... what was it? It felt familiar, like an old friend. Someone who had stood by him silently throughout the years. But the feeling was gone as soon as it appeared, and Lucius struggled to stay conscious.

I heard a sound, and did not know what it was. I sought wisdom in the chalice, but there was none. The sounds called to me, and I knew them... human souls. But where?

(Listen as you read, it sets the mood :p)

It was as if time had come to a screeching halt... The wall fell, as did all who stood upon it. As the dust cleared, Lilith could see nobody, and she immediately panicked, running towards the debris and digging through it as fast as she could. However even as she continued digging, the air grew cold, and the sky darkened to the point that it could be considered nightfall. Completely focused on digging out Jaxx, it wasn't until a piercing scream echoed across the field that Lilith paid any heed to the unnatural circumstances befalling the area. Massive patches of fog covered the battlefield, but in the distance, a single black chain was visible. Lilith's eyes followed it to its end, where it stay firmly impaled in one of the barbarians.

More screams followed as more chains burst from the fog piercing body after body, and then, fear struck the giantess' heart. Lilith watched as the chains began retracting into the fog, but as they came loose from their victims, the bodies fell limp and what could only be described as an apparition of the bodies was pulled out of them, and dragged into the fog, wails of agony ripping from their throats. What sort of creature had been loosed upon the field, and why did it strike such fear into her heart...

Her questions were answered as the creature appeared from the fog. It was massive, and covered top to bottom in shadowy silver plate. The head seemed to be covered by a horned helmet, with a v shaped black slit where the eyes and nose would normally be. There was no opening for the mouth, and the horns seemed to be ethereal. It had no legs, and floated slowly towards Lilith and the destroyed wall. The plate armor seemed intricately crafted, perhaps one of a kind. But the most ominous thing about the creature, were the wing like appendages protruding from its back, numerous chains draping off of them and dragging along the ground as the creature loomed ever closer. It was then the creature spoke, and Lilith's blood ran cold.

"Stand not... in the way of wayward souls, child of Neptune. Fear not... I am here for the fallen, it is not yet your time." Lifting his hand towards the fallen wall, the rubble lifted with ease and evaporated into dust, revealing the body of Jaxx and Merrick. "Child of Pluto... Another must claim you... Child of Jupiter... Foolish till the bitter end. She believed she was smart enough to double cross everyone and survive, as all mortals do. Her time has come."

Lilith picked up her Bisento and stood in between Jaxx and the mysterious entity, "If you want her then you have to go through me! This is not where Jaxx will meet her end! I won't allow it!"

The creature did not react to Lilith's claims, and instead, he floated forward as a massive scythe materialized into existence in his hands, "So be it... You will meet your end here as well." With not an ounce of hesitation, the creature swung the scythe downwards straight toward Lilith's head.

A battle cry rang out, piercing what fog remained. The creature stirred and began to turn as Oryx came flying into battle. He grabbed a handful of the dangling chains and swung his arm, pulling the creature away from its kill. Both man and apparition went smashing into a building. A rumble ensued and Oryx was thrown from the rubble. He landed on his feet with flames dancing in his eyes and on his hands. For a heartbeat, the air was still. Then movement flashed through the debris. Oryx instinctively dodged to the side, but wasn't fast enough to avoid the blade slicing his shoulder. He grunted, moving to snatch the scythe with his hands. The scythe retreated back and the being floated out of the rubble.

"I have no clue what foul pit you crawled from, demon," Oryx rose up to his full height as Kable and Paige both arrived next to Lilith. "But I will send you screaming back into the pits of hell if I must." Kable was shocked and a little scared by the power that was emitting from Oryx. For the first time, Kable saw Oryx for what he truly was; a warrior, born and bred for battle. Born to stand in front of an army and cry out in joy and anticipation at the coming battle. He turned his eyes to the building and felt his blood run cold. Whatever it was, it felt familiar. Like Kable had met it once before.

Well, you haven't met it. A voice stirred in the back of his head. But I have. Oh, I know what this is. It's older than you, older than myself, that archangel BITCH, even your precious "gladiator". It will get what it has come for, just like it always has.

Kable shook his head. No time for that. He drew his sword and stepped forward to help. "No!" Oryx shouted, stopping Kable in his tracks. "You handle the young lassy, make sure she's safe. My flames will be perfect enough for the job."

Nova likes this.
  9. Akira

Akira True Lord of Arenas

Voltair had appeared to be trying to communicate with the outside. Agriokatos remembered all the times Voltair used to force his voice into his head when they were younger and smiled knowing no matter how much he tried to use his ‘mind rape’, his communication would never reach whom ever not from here any way. “I wonder if he will even realise” Agriokatos contemplated. Having a intermit knowledge of how the prison itself liked to play tricks on the mind; less so in this safe haven Agriokaros had created but still.

Agriokatos put Raven down apologetically, “I want to catch up with you but I have kept Voltair waiting long enough.”

Reflecting back Voltair had defeated him time and time again up until their last conflict, long before the betrayal, when Agriokatos had finally taken the victor. With the time Voltair had to develop and get stronger while he had remained imprisoned, unable to fine tune or maintain his prowess in combat, Agriokatos eyes reignited with bloodlust.

With there being nothing Voltair could do to leave the prison on his own accord. Agriokatos knew not to rush in, however squaring up to Voltair, Agriokatos was barely able to contain his excitement. "Now is not the time for idle chat."

RebelMurf likes this.
  10. Desert Warrior

A sudden yawn escaped from Voltair. He tilted his head, as though trying to crack his neck. "Yep, definitely not in Aezureth anymore. Didn't really consider the strain of spreading myself out across such a distance. Of course I didn't exactly expect to be suddenly moved such a distance, but whatever." He intertwined his fingers and stretched out his arms in front of him while he continued to ramble on to himself. "Might as well let those fragments sleep while I'm here. Give the kids some time to carve their own paths." He kept his eyes on Agriokatos, seeing his body shake with expectation.

"It would seem you have me at somewhat of a disadvantage. But given my prior boredom and your eagerness to fight..." As Voltair spoke a pitch black shadow spread out from where he stood, growing until its radius reached 10 feet. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to spread my wings a bit."

From behind his right shoulder a small vortex of darkness formed. As it rotated, the arms of it edges broke into small particles that quickly recollected themselves into the shape of a sword. The blade then launched itself at Agriokatos, not any specific lethal target but more in his direction in general. The weapon moved at incredible speeds, covering the distance between the two almost instantly. It was immediately followed by two more swords, each of them heading towards different parts of Argiokatos' body.

11. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

A long-sustaining groan of wood and metal accompanied the rocking of the Imperial ship as it made its docking point. Expertise and urgency presented themselves hand-in-hand among the crews on land as they tied the vessel off. Within thirty minutes, the crew aboard the ship was upon deck, shouldering what necessities they would need for their presumably brief stay on land, and on their way down the steps onto the pier.

Taking up the rear of the roughed-up, half-asleep troops of both land and sea, Marcus strode with a distinct vigor and dignity in spite of his clearly strained disposition. Flanked by a contingent of other, lesser officers, he wordlessly directed his team of tacticians towards a nearby meal lodge. The contingent entered a large, ballroom sized space, where even Marcus, large as he was, found himself stood upright with considerable comfort. A bustling roar of multiple conversations played out as they crossed through the ordered rows of tables and benches, reaching towards a far corner of the hall, where a doorway into another room awaited them.

Marcus then pressed to the front of his contingent, producing a thunderous knock that drew in the attention of several nearby tables. A slot upon the door came open, a pair of meticulous eyes peering out at Marcus and his team. "This room is for--"

"Officers only," Marcus finished, cutting the man behind the door off mid-sentence. "Certainly, we're all officers here," he continued, motioning to his contingent. "To be specific, a Colonel, accompanied by two Captains, three Lieutenants, and a pair of strategic advisers. Need we give our names as well?"

"No! No!" the man behind the door, sounding flustered, opened the door. The contingent entered into a significantly smaller, and pleasantly quieter chamber. This chamber was, in itself, split into a number of smaller dinning spaces. With the sea being the effective crossroads of the continent, officers from multiple segments of the Imperial military frequently converged upon this very dock between campaigns; it was common for those officers en route to mission in the same or adjacent territories to meet one another to coordinate their plans. Hence there came the need to ensure that each team of commanders could discuss their strategies without being interfered with by others.

Seating himself at the head of a table in such a sub-chamber, Marcus began to speak. "This past night, the Empire has been dealt a cruel, and painful strike into its heart," he said, as though mourning a tremendous death. "The loss at Carmilla Sar will carry devastating ramifications... IF... such a loss in battle is allowed to give way to a complete loss of the city itself."

"Colonel," a strategist spoke, matter-of-factly. "If I may, the city is all but surrendered to those barbarians. All of our troops, whether on ground or on water, were either withdrawn from the battle or slain; any that were captured have almost surely been killed by their captors, rather than kept as prisoners. We are, at this point, passed the time for mounting a defensive; any operations on our part will constitute a reclaiming of Carmilla Sar. A Carmilla Sar that is now under the control of our enemies."

Marcus nodded, thoughtfully, and respectfully pondered the adviser's stance. However, he then held his hand, calling for silence among the agreeing murmur of the officers. "That might have been true. However, my duel against the Barbarian Chieftain was brought it an unexpected end in manner ill-befitting of a successful conquest. We were intruded upon by one of the Barbarian's own. And this person was working against orders, from what I'm to understand." Marcus stood, slamming his hands down onto the table. He grinned, a glimmer of an idea flashing in his eyes. "There's dissension among the invading ranks; instability within the upper echelons of its chain of command. An army can't achieve victory if its commanders aren't running a disciplined front."

He commenced to pace about the small room, each step sending him nearly halfway across. "They're a disorganized lot. It will take them more than a day or two to consolidate their forces enough to fully occupy the city; at least in any defensively viable manner. It will be vulnerable for us to reclaim it. We need only send word to His Highness. With his order--."

"WHICH you will be preposterously lucky if he grants it to you." A sharp, scathing voice cut off Marcus' plotting. From a corner of the room, a woman, young, but with pale skin, shoulder length hair of a dark drown hue, and dark eyes absent of pupils, began a casual strut towards Marcus. Though standing upon a pair of wedged heels, the woman's stature placed her only so far up as Marcus' stomach. Still, however, the Colonel saw fit to step away from the woman as she approached him.

"So the Seer Cassandra graces my tactical briefing with her presence," Marcus spoke, rediscovering his composure. "To what do I owe the honor?"

"Spare me your pleasantries, Marcus," the woman lashed. "Your own failure has brought me here, with a caution in tow. His Highness is making his journey across his domain... what's left of it. He's been struck down with a single-tracked mind. He will be apt to dismiss your attempt at defending the port city as a treasonous folly. Forget not: you defied the orders to take back the northern regions. Your standing, as with all of the soldiers you've been commanding, is compromised; address his Lordship carefully. And consider yourself fortunate that I'm being straightforward in this warning." The woman turned about, exiting the chamber without further comment.

"What was that about?"
    "Are we... about to be punished?"

Marcus motioned his hand, prompting another silence. "If His Highness is on his way North, I will ride to meet him," he said. "I had not intention of letting the reprimand for our defeat fall upon anyone's shoulders other than mine." Marcus, too, moved towards the room's exit, stopping just before leaving. "I expect all of you to begin preparations to mobilize. We will either return to Carmilla Sar, or shift our focus elsewhere; I will communicate orders either way."

Nova likes this.
  12. Oath

Oath King Bitch™

(Written by @Legendseeker @Taboo Sho and myself.)

As she knew they would, Kable and Paige fought very well together. His style was just similar enough to her own that it was easier to anticipate each others movement and have each others backs. While also they were different enough to have their strengths serve a purpose as the two mercenaries made their way swiftly through the city, leaving corpses in their wake. She would never admit it, but Kable was one of the only people Paige felt like wouldn’t simply slow her down by working with her. It was a pleasant rarity that they would end up allies instead of rivals.

As the two of them finally caught up to Lilith, off she went again. The younger girl’s long legs carried her much more quickly than what Paige thought possible. The mild annoyance she sensed from Kable confirmed well enough that he felt the same.

The two paused, exchanging exasperated glances. She sure is fast for a giantess.

Kable almost identically voiced Paige’s own thoughts. Though she remained as chipper as ever. “Less wanning, more running.” she sang back at her ally as they ran ahead to catch up to Lilith. Oryx, of course, clearing some of the way for all three of them from above. The group of them, Paige had to admit, were a force to be reckoned with.

Murderous intent was all around, as Paige had grown to expect from the battlefield. But as the two began to get closer to the wall, a whole new level of emotion washed over Paige. Murderous intent, fear, guilt, adrenaline. It was strong enough to temporarily stop Paige in her tracks. That’s when she noticed who it may be coming from: Lilith. Just then, the wall began to crumble. “What the?...” Paige started running again, quickening her pace as the massive wall of stone began to crumble along with everyone who had been standing on it. But it wasn’t long before the predictable atmosphere of the battleground had changed. At first, Paige thought the change was a result of everyone being distracted by the destruction of the wall of Barisor. But quickly, Paige felt something entirely different. It was as though the very embodiment of fear had blocked out the light of everything. Once again, the feeling was enough to affect Paige. She stopped once again and reached out a hand to grab Kable’s shoulder, trying to stop him too. No sooner had she acted, the creature she felt emerged. Chains erupted from the ground, taking the souls of enemies by the hundreds. The massive hooded figure followed, confirming what Paige feared. None of the fallen barbarians would make it to Valhalla.

Oryx charged forward, his fist clenching thin air. As he swung his arm in an upward arc, his hand caught fire and a magnificently bright hammer formed from nothing but the sole of his hand. The blow connected with the being’s scythe, barely catching the attack. Oryx was forced back a few steps, his muscles straining with effort from holding the scythe in place. He forced the scythe away, swinging his other fist to the side and striking the thing in the side of its hood.

The creature moved not a muscle as the blow connected, uttering not a sound, or any sort of indication that it had even been harmed. “You think you can harm death? You are more of a fool than you used to be, Lord of Iron. Perhaps you miss the feeling of death at your doorstep. However, I am not here for you... “ The creature paused briefly as if distracted by something. It stayed perfectly still for but a moment before turning towards Lilith. “I see…”

At the same time, Sithric had finally pulled himself out of the rubble, frustrated and slightly disoriented by the entire shitshow. He grumbled to himself as he looked around the wreckage and spotted the Giantess… That bitch… If it weren’t for her everything’d have gone smoothly. “Stupid pup can’t do anything right, I’ll just kill her myself!” He pulled out his sword and, with the giantess turned away from him, he made to stab her and end this ordeal.

Oryx shoved the scythe away from him and moved for Lilith. Pushing the giantess away, he tried to catch the blade on his armor. But it was unlucky, as the sword slipped through and drove itself into his side. Oryx bit back a cry of pain and gripped both of the barbarians shoulders, driving his head forward and headbutting Sithric in the face.

As Sithric was driven backwards, his sword freed itself from Oryx. The blood began to flow freely from his wound, and Oryx felt a slow darkness begin to creep along the edge of his eyes. The world began to slow down as he dropped to one knee. Oryx put a hand to his wound and drew back to find blood, his blood, on his hands. A faint cry issued out and Oryx peered over to see Paige and Kable charging towards him.

“Don't fret, lassies.” Oryx said, a smile on his face. “Tis only a scratch.” And then the Ironlord pitched forward, face planting the ground and not moving.

On the other side of the destroyed city wall, Lucius pulled himself out of the surrounding rubble. He coughed up dust and stood to his feet. He could hear cries of agony around him from a few of his men. But most were already standing to attention. Not wanting to delay any further, Lucius began making his way over the rubble, the first start of the Empire’s retaking of the city of Barisor.

Paige’s heart sank the moment she saw Oryx fall. It couldn’t be so! Oryx couldn’t die. He physically wasn’t able. But on the chance that somehow even Oryx’s immortality was bound to the cloaked one, she couldn’t allow him to fall now. Not when she knew the truth of her home. “No!” Gripping her weapons, and determination washing over all sense, she charged for the dark one while Kable seemed to have another target and rushed the Barbarian who harmed Oryx.

Legendseeker, RebelMurf and Nova like this.
  13. Legendseeker

Legendseeker OPON Content Writer

Kable moved without even thinking. He saw Oryx drop to the ground and land hard, his body twitching slightly. Kable caught a glimpse of the man who had stabbed him, thr barbarian who had tried to kill Lilith. Anger boiled up inside the mercenary as his hand unconsciously moved for the broken sword at his side, instead of his regular weapon. The instant his hand gripped the hilt, the thin seal containing his rage broke. Kable swung down in brutal rage and the iron extended, creating a wall that attempted to drive the barbarian away from his fallen friend.

Kable slid to a stop by Oryx and pushed him onto his back. The man was barely breathing and looked to be losing blood, but he had a faint smile on his face. Kable shook him, trying to get Oryx to open his eyes, but to no avail. He glanced up and saw Sithric. A glance over told Kable that Paige was going to fight the strange spirit. He ached to help her out, but he knew they had to protect Oryx and Lilith while they could.

Gripping his sword, Kable stood up and pointed to Sithric. "I don't know who you are, and I don't care. But you're going to pay for what you did."

Nova likes this.