• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Contest Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Destiny, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I say no, because I'd prefer the submissions be as anonymous as possible, so we don't have too much of the voting for my friends bit. But once there's a winner, I can unveil who wrote which piece.

But of course, you can read through this thread and probably figure out who all is entering anyhow. XD

I have to say, I'm really pleased with how much attention this has gotten thus far. I hope the contest stays this busy, because I'd really like it to take off.

As Angel said, PM the story to me and I will post it in the thread for round one and open it up for voting on the 11th.

And I know it's early, but those of you who are submitting, start thinking about what you'd like the next contest to be about and PM that to me along with your story. Winner will pick the next theme and if I already have what you'd like on hand, I don't have to play PM/VM tag and end up postponing the start of the next contest waiting to hear from you. Though if I can make a suggestion, try to keep the theme broad, like this current one. Something like "write about [insert fandom here]" is limiting, especially if it is not a very large fandom.

2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Why in the world I kept on thinking that this is a graphic discussion, lol. Anyway, I'll join the first contest.

3. Noir

Noir

Maybe I'll join a contest like this next time...
    I have no ideas for a horror/thriller/gothic short story.

4. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

If you let that type of mentality stop you then you'll miss out.

5. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Write about anything, Azure. As long as it's scary, you don't necessarily need a good idea.

My story is pretty stereotypical at the moment. I'm gonna see just how original I can make it without ruining it.

6. Kitty

Just a little reminder that submissions are due Saturday. XD

7. Angel

I'm a little more than half way done. The tough part is shortening it!

8. TheKnightofAwesome

TheKnightofAwesome /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I hear ya. would that I could make this longer, it would be so much better. Oh well, I still intend to make it as good as I can, even if I don't win i can be proud of my work.

9. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Kitty, I am sorry, but I'm going to have to make an ass of you, as you worded so eloquently. I just don't have the time to put enough effort into this to make it something that I would be proud of. Sorry again for the late notice. Perhaps I'll enter the next one? I really would love to enter this when I have the time, but I need to get my mock exams out of the way first.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  10. Angel

Guys, we got until before midnight tomorrow!

-------------------------
    My progression:
    Well, I've made it to a good enough stopping point that I can submit it.

But, I'm still pondering if I can wrap it [main plot] up shortly and nicely.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  11. Kitty

I've only gotten one entry thus far, so here's another gentle reminder to get your stories in.

12. Angel

11:59 EST??? :)

13. Kitty

^ Central time, so that gives you an extra hour.

14. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

<_<May I please send my entry another way besides pm? I tried doing that but my short story character is higher than the pm's character limit (Pm character limit is 5,000).

15. Kitty

You can send me an email and attach a word document to it if you'd like. I'll send you a message with my email address as I don't think the 'send email to user' function on the site lets you add attachments.

16. Angel

Done and Done!

Good luck to those who have entered!

17. TheKnightofAwesome

I look forward to seeing how this goes, best of luck to everyone!

Kitty likes this.
  18. Kitty

Now everyone needs to get out there and vote. XD

EDIT: Today's the last day to vote. So do it! Yes, even you who entered. Show some support, all y'all who wanted this competition. ^_^

19. Kitty

Next theme has been posted. Hope to see some more entries this time. XD

20. TheKnightofAwesome

Wow, I never expected to win the first contest. I'm so happy you all liked my piece XD. I have to say though, I didn't vote because I'm a biased person, and I don't like voting on things that I'm part of. But Angel's piece was my top pick. And I pretty much agreed with what everyone else was saying about Summoner's entry, so my opinion would be a moot point.