• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kitty, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

That was sarcasm, my friend, though I am a little curious myself to find out if they can make that screwed-up, anticlimactic book into an interesting movie. Especially seeing as how they broke it into two parts even though like nothing ever really happens. Also, The Hunger Games trailer is supposed to be attached to Part I, and I'm eager to see that at least.

I wouldn't say the one leads to the other. There are many other vampire romances that are better done than Twilight. I'm not even sure you can call Twilight a romance- what reason do Bella and Edward have for even liking each other, anyhow? [/off topic Twilight rant]

So how was Captain America, if anyone's seen it? I know nothing about the mythology, but I caught the trailer when I saw X-Men: First Class and it looked good.

2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Logical fallacies, they burn.

Captain America was great. I liked it about as much as the first Iron Man.

3. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

Just curious as to whether or not anybody on here has seen any preview/trailer or something on a movie called Dolphin Tale ?

When I went to watch Harry Potter 7 Part 2 in theatres a few days back I remember seeing a poster of this in the 'Coming Soon' section. The picture intrigued me and I realized that I never even heard of it. I don't watch enough tv to know if there has been any commercials out yet, but I never seen a preview of it in any commercial break while I was watching Hell's Kitchen... Anyways, I guess it's based off of a true story and if anybody knows more I'd more than appreciate some news :)

4. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

Has anyone else been looking forward to The Avengers? I've been wanting the other movies to come out so this one can. I know it's going to be amazing.

5. Luke

Luke Member

Id watch this just for thor haha.

6. Noir

Noir

So many superhero movies are releasing this year, and it's awesome!
    I'm looking forward for Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Smurfs..

7. Luke

Luke Member

They literally made most of them just so they could do The Avengers haha

8. Fresh Sage

Fresh Sage Member

The dark knight rises.
    The Avengers.
    The new spider-man movie
    Possibly ghost rider, but the anti-christ kid is lame.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  9. Kitty

Definitely looking forward to The Avengers. And The Hunger Games. I also have a little interest in Snow White and the Huntsman (damn, I love me some fairy tales XD), but I can't say I'm really dying to see it or anything. I also noticed The Expendables II, which, it's not like the original was groundbreaking, but it had lots of explosions and guns and shit, and that's cool.

Oh, and The Hobbit, which I had no idea was coming out any time soon. I love the other LotR movies, so I'm sure this will be no exception.

10. SacredRiku

SacredRiku New Member

Sherlock Holmes 2 (not out in Australia yet) and Underworld: Awakening are the ones I'm looking forward to.

11. Flash Delirium

Flash Delirium Indie Rokkers

The Dark Knight Rises continues to be the movie I look forward to most this year.

Well worth the wait. One of the best movies I've seen in a while.

12. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

The Woman in Black

It's based on the novel. There was a film of it in 89". Creepy kids are the best in scary movies.

13. Kitty

So, I'm getting super excited now that The Avengers is just around the corner. This looks so epic from the trailers; I'm desperately hoping I won't be disappointed, though I can't imagine how I could be seeing how much I've enjoyed the Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America movies.

Another movie I'm looking forward to seeing is The Five-Year Engagement. I first saw the trailer when I watched The Vow and I think it looks really funny.

Anyone else looking forward to anything coming up soon?

14. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

Trying to revitalize the thread, eh?

I'm looking forward to The Avengers but for the rest of the year, I can't see much in the horizon.

15. Jayce77

Jayce77 New Member

Loved the Avengers. That was a blast. Now I'm looking forward to The Amazing Spider-man.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah. That look incredible. Expect no less from Mr. Nolan and team.

16. PevensieCabret

PevensieCabret New Member

The Avengers was great, but I actually thought the new Spiderman was better.

I'm looking forward to Ender's Game! It's based on my favorite book and has one of the best cast ensembles ever. Abigail Breslin, Hailee Steinfeld, Asa Butterfield, Ben Kingsley and Harrison Ford are just a few. Unfortunately, the movie isn't out until November of 2013... :(

17. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

I'm looking forward to The Hunger Games- Catching Fire! I've loved the trilogy since the books came out, and the first film didn't disappoint. But besides that, there's really not much.
    On a side note, I liked The Avengers.

18. Kitty

I'm also looking forward to this. As well as the X-Men: First Class sequel that's supposed to come out in 2014 or so.

I suppose The Hobbit is the only other one I can think of at the moment, though I'm sure there's more. But it's hard to remember them when it's too early for trailers and such.

19. Answer Man

Answer Man Man I'm Awesome

Dark Knight and The Hobbit are the only things im looking forward too, even though i really dont like the twilight movies, ill most likely be forced to see that as well! And i hope they dont make a 1st class sequel cuz they already mess up the X-men franchise movie wise. 1st class was the best X-men related movie!

20. Kitty

It's already been announced, or so I read. Filming starts Jan 2013 so it doesn't interfere with Jennifer Lawrence's Hunger Games obligations. And anyhow, I've made no secret about how much I love First Class, so I'm glad to see news of a sequel, even if it may end up sucking.

Personally, I know practically nothing about the X-Men comic canon, which seems like just way too much to get into now. But the idea of mutants and my basic understanding of the story makes it interesting, so if it's a well acted movie and the story makes enough sense that I'm not facepalming ever five seconds, it's good enough for me. The Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine both sorta suck, though they have a few good points, but I mostly just pretend like they don't exist, and problem solved.

I don't think anyone really wants to see this, yet somehow everyone ends up seeing it. I'm not looking forward to it. It's gonna suck so much, because the book ending is totally lame.