• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Cetras not gone?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy VII' started by EtherealSummoner, Jan 24, 2010.

Are the Cetras still living based on these people?

1. Bugenhagen

25.0%
  2. Priscilla, the girl with the dolphin friend.

25.0%
  3. The doctor at Mideel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. There are no more Cetras. They are gone.

50.0%
  5. there are more Cetras but these people are not one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Lucrecia

25.0%
  7. Vincent. (A possibility)

25.0%
  8. The Chocobo Sage

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

So, because they may have reused a character design for two relatively unimportant characters, the Sage is a Cetra, since the other one definitely was? Makes sense to me.

I'm sorry, but how the hell could he forget something like that? It's like me forgetting that I am a human.

Jenova was NOT a Cetra. Jut because she can trick people into thinking she was one does not make her genetically so. :rolleyes:

Where does Priscilla give any indication that she knows about the lifestream?

Here's an excerpt of the game script, lightly edited to remove a conversation about Rufus, CPR, and a discussion of who was going to climb the tower, in which Priscilla doesn't speak:

And shortly after:

No mention of the lifestream, unless you can show me another place were she could have mentioned it. Her name did not appear any more times in the script, and I don't remember ever seeing her again.

2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

There's a lot of things that you have missed. She will only announce that she knows something about the lifestream when you're in control of Tifa as the temporary leader of the party and you go straight to the Junon Village. Go straight to her house and she will ask where's Cloud. Then she'll give out a little bit of information about the lifestream and Mideel. As for the Chocobo Sage, the reason why I said that he may have forgotten that he may be a Cetra because everytime when you go and ask him do he remember something, he goes "OH! Well... I forgot... Can't remember for the life of me..." 40-1 hour and 15 minutes later that you go to him. "OH YES! I REMEMBER NOW! YOU USE A CAROB NUT! Now how do you get it... Can't remember for the life of me..." Go back again for another 40 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes. "OH! I REMEMBER!!! YOU CAN GET A RIVER CHOCOBO TOO! How do you get it... Hm... Can't remember for the life of me..."

Edit: The part about going straight to Junon in control of Tifa is only optional so don't start screaming and get mad if you don't go. You must do this before you even first step into Mideel.

3. Kitty

So what exactly is it that she says? That the lifestream gushes up out of cracks in the ocean floor near there? If that was all it was, she could've read that in a book, or heard about it from anyone.

So the Sage is an idiot. But so forgetful that he can't remember that he can speak to the planet, that he's different from the rest of the people out there? Doubtful.

4. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

??? No. You're wrong about Priscilla. When you're in control of Tifa on the Highwind, go straight to the village of Junon. Go to her house and a small conversation will start. Tifa will tell what will happen and Priscilla will state that the Lifestream is by Mideel. She did not read it from a book and there's no one in the village who knows anything about the lifestream. She also a great friend to her dolphin so she could've rode on it and the dolphin might have showed her around. She said that it's "Mr.Dolphin's home" and her being aware that Cloud had actually fell in the lifestream shocked me. Even FF Wiki and Square Enix says so.

HE WAS HIDING UP IN THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS AND DIDN'T MAKE CONTACT WITH THE WORLD FOR YEARS!!!! YEARS!!! It was just him and his mountain chocobo! No one didn't even know where he left or why he disappeared. It's possible for him to even forget that he can be a Cetra.

5. Kitty

So? Plenty of people are hermits. That doesn't mean they are so stupid that they can't remember what species they are. The Cetra have a strong link with the planet. How would the planet allow him to forget that?

So, Tifa tells her that Cloud became lost? Red XIII makes the same leap that Cloud entered the lifestream, and that there are places on the planet where the lifestream reaches the surface, so it is likely he washed up there.

And whatever, maybe the dolphin has given her tours of the lifestream. Just the fact that she knows a little about it doesn't make her a Cetra. Sephiroth traveled the lifestream and absorbed its knowledge. He wasn't a Cetra. And the fact is that Aerith met this little girl and didn't make one tiny, offhand comment about her being another Cetra.

6. In reference to the Chocobo Sage, Aeris said she always heard this and that from the Planet, and I'm sure that if the Sage was a Cetra, he'd have noticed the Planet talking to him. He was just weird and unimportant.

As for Priscilla, Toph's got that one down. There's no excuse there. A little girl knows one little thing about the Lifestream - so what? That's enough to make her a Cetra? Let's just make everyone at Cosmo Canyon and Cetra, then!

7. Kitty

And I think he would have been more likely to blab the fact to people who could potentially hurt him because of it, like the Shinra, than to actually forget about it.

8. Because he seems like a rather talkative person, yes. Especially seeing as he'd let a stranger into his house, sell him some Greens and tell him random things about chocobos every now and then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.