• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Cetras not gone?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy VII' started by EtherealSummoner, Jan 24, 2010.

Are the Cetras still living based on these people?

1. Bugenhagen

25.0%
  2. Priscilla, the girl with the dolphin friend.

25.0%
  3. The doctor at Mideel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. There are no more Cetras. They are gone.

50.0%
  5. there are more Cetras but these people are not one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Lucrecia

25.0%
  7. Vincent. (A possibility)

25.0%
  8. The Chocobo Sage

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

All of us heard that Aerith was supposed to be the last of the Cetras and when she was killed that it ended that line but to me, I really doubt that. There are a lot of people who shows a lot of Cetra capabilities and powers. Red XIII human grandfather, Bugenhagen, can fly in the air without worries and in the Ancient City, he can show that he can hear the voices of the Ancients but when he said that he's not an Ancient himself since he can't read the Cetra texts, that made me upset. Still, there are other people that I want to throw in. Do you think that there are some other people who are Cetras but really don't know that they are one or just keeping themselves from the world?

2. Most likely not. Bugenhagen mentiones at some point that he recieved his levitating contraption from... somewhere. *shrug* I haven't played it for awhile.

As for understanding the Cetra, Cloud semed to be able to a little aswell. It'd make sense that they'd be able to communicate with normal people, being such a powerful race and all that.

3. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I think the Cetra are gone. I don't think they'd make such a big deal about Aerith being the last of them if it was untrue.

Bugenhagen I think is just enlightened. If he flat out says he's not a Cetra, then I don't see why we wouldn't believe him.

Priscilla, I don't even know why I remember. She's unimportant.

Lucrecia, no. If she was already a Cetra, why would Shinra need to inject her and her baby with Jenova cells in an attempt to make one? Unless you're saying that the result of that experiment made her a Cetra, in which case, that'd still be wrong.

Vincent, again no. I think if he was a Cetra, this would have been revealed in one game/spinoff or another.

The chocobo sage, no. He's another unimportant character, like Priscilla.

Really, I think that if any Cetra were left, they would have been moved by the cries of the planet to take action, and we would have learned about them.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  4. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

I agree, if the Cetra were still allive they would be moved into action by the continuous cries of the planet. I think the fact that the Cetra's are gone is to show that Cloud and the group are sort of carrying on the Cetra's legacy.

5. Kitty

I agree. Especially once Aerith is killed, I think the idea is that Cloud and the others are on their own out there against Shinra and Sephiroth. The idea of lurking Cetras disrupts that.

And as well, the Cetra were the enemies of Jenova, and if any had been around, I think they would have wanted revenge for the past and stood up to try to stop her, as well as just generally defend the planet. The fact that none appeared to do so tells me that they are most likely all gone, as the game tells us.

6. EtherealSummoner

I don't know. I mean, it was said that humans are Cetras who abandoned the ways of the planet for leisure time but what if there's a person who don't know that they themselves are a Cetra or what if the person or people of that race don't have the power to go up against Jenova and Sephiroth?

7. Then they'd most likely let themselves be known at least. And if they don't have the powers of the Cetra to communicate with the Planet and such, then they can't really call themselves Cetra.

8. Kitty

I really don't think it is possible for someone to be a true Cetra and not know it. Even as a young child, Aerith heard the voice of the planet and spoke to it. And even Elmyra could see her and know she was different. And Aerith was only half-Cetra.

Even if the hiding Cetra weren't especially powerful, I think they would still have knowledge that would have been useful to the party, and the world in general. Like, how about showing Aerith how to use the white materia before it is too late? And if the so-called Cetra really had no Cetra-like abilities, then he or she isn't really a Cetra. I agree with ShiikuuZitronegeliebter about that. I don't think a race which cared so much for life and the planet would sit idly by and let it be destroyed, if there were enough of them to make a stand.

9. EtherealSummoner

You gave out a key word, which is half-Cetra and Aerith has the power to listen to the voices in the lifestream but not as well like she said. What if their powers are not fully developed? Also, since her mother stated that Jenova was able to disguise itself as a Cetra, then what about the people who was injected with his/her cells? Are they too a Cetra?

10. Kitty

No. They are people infected with Jenova cells. Jenova may have tricked the Cetra into thinking she was one of them, but she was not. Neither are the people who carry her genes.

The fact is, even as a half-Cetra, Aerith could still listen and speak to the planet, and it was obvious to her adoptive mom (and the Shinra) from an early age that she was not normal. I imagine any other half-Cetra would be similar. And if the Cetra ancestor were so far removed from the person that he were only 1/16 Cetra (to make up a fraction), or less, and he showed no characteristics, or had any of the knowledge that the Cetra passed on, then I don't think he could be considered Cetra any more than normal humans, who are also descended from them, as you mentioned.

11. Mostly what Toph said.

Most likely, even a Cetra who was only 1/5 Cetra could probably still hear something from the Planet, even if it was only faint. And, again, it's practically built into a Cetra to want to save a Planet, even if they had to try to on their own - just as Aeris tried.

And no, I'm never going to call her 'Aerith' like someone who has a lisp.

Basically, if one of these people were a Cetra, then they would have acted strangely and the characters would have noticed it and probably even commented on it. No, I'm not talking about the Chocobo Sage's brain damage.

12. Kitty

Lol. I just think the "th" at the end looks prettier than the "s" when the name is written. XD

Especially if that character were a somewhat important one, like Vincent. Also, Aerith met Vincent and Priscilla, and I think she would have recognized another Cetra.

13. Hehe. Really? I think Aeris looks and sounds prettier, because it's a bit like the zodiac sign, Aries. =P

</irrelevant>

Oh, yes. I'd almost forgotten that since I never actually used her unless I had to, knowing she was going to die. x3;

But, in fairness, she did meet half of these people, and surely the Planet would have told her if there were other Cetra left anyway.

14. Kitty

Aerith definitely met Bugenhagen, Priscilla, and Vincent. I think she could have met Lucrecia as a child, if Lucrecia continued to work at Shinra for some time after Sephiroth's birth. But anyway, as she made no comment about any of the people we saw her meet, I think we can rule all of them out.

Really, I think the idea of more Cetra existing is more wishful thinking, than because any in-game evidence points to it as likely. There were never any supporting reasons listed in this thread by summonerBWM for why he chose the people listed in the poll, or why he even thought Cetra may still be alive, were there?

I think Aeris sounds prettier, but Aerith looks prettier. I usually say it one way and write it the other. >_<

15. Thus making this thread somewhat pointless? Indeed, some thoughts as to why might be nice.

Oh my. That is rather confusing. But, as I previously stated, I believe that 'Aeris' is superior in every way. :3

16. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

The one way that "Aeris" fails, is that it isn't her real name, just a mistranslation :3

Also one thing we haven't thought of, if there were more Cetra than just Aerith, don't you think that Shinra would've been hunting them also?

17. It's not Aeris that fails. It's Square's fault for making us think she had a cool name. ;3

If these non-existant Cetra were really intent on keeping secret, then Shinra probably wouldn't find out about them either.

Really, the whole theory is impossible.

18. EtherealSummoner

-___- I did have supporting reasons as to why I chose Bugenhagen and why I think that the Cetra may still be alive, especially with Lucrecia and Vincent and why there's a chance that the Cetra may still be alive. Definitely about Begenhagen and Vincent. As for Priscilla, she suprised me that she's the only one who knows about the Lifestream in her own village and that the Lifestream is her dolphin friends home. Her actually having knowledge that the lifestream is by Mideel shocked me and gave me a reason to throw her in it. May not be possible for her to be one but I also stated that she may not be a Cetra herself.

As for the Chocobo Sage, he just almost look like the Cetras inside the Temple of the Ancients except that he can really speak the human language. Still, him keep on forgetting about some things and to actually take a while for him to remember some things just makes me mad because he might forget that he too may be a Cetra.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  19. I still don't understand the reasoning behind Vincent and Lucrecia, mind you. :/

20. EtherealSummoner

Well, Vincent and Lucrecia I threw in because of the Jenova cells and the ability to even disguise as a Cetra so that's why. The other reason I forgot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.