• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Beatmaking

Discussion in 'Music' started by Cameron, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Cameron

Cameron New Member

Yo yo, as I've been practicing beat making for some time now, this is the first sampled beat I made which me and my few are going to use in the future;

Amelie Beat - YouTube

I'm interested to hear how you like it and if you have something to say that bugs you about it, comment away! Criticizing is always welcome! Currently I use FL Studio because it's simple - I don't have any sample packs though so I've only used the samples that were included with the program. (Simple note; I'm just a starting musician, music is more of an hobby than actual commitment because I have never studied music in any institute, and I'm going to start studying music theory soon as I bought the needed materials for that. Maybe after that I will try to get into a institute where I'll actually graduate into musician but we'll see.)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    EtherealSummoner likes this.
  2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Already got my first like. For someone starting out, you sure did use the violin beats very well. It is repetitive but it is very easy to listen to. Destiny may know more about this. Music theory is not really my major. I think that I can make lyrics to this song... maybe. :) But still, I love it.

3. Cameron

Cameron New Member

It's a "sampled beat". I've taken few portions of a song and made it into samples which I have used in this beat, so that's why it's kinda repetitive (and most hip-hop beats are, if you think about it). But thanks!

4. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

It's a solid beat. If I were ever an MC, I'd consider you as my beat master. What sorts of programs do you use for this?

5. Destiny

Destiny Guest

That is a pretty good sample of beat mixing. I may have tried perhaps different instrument choosing(if the program allows for you to swap out sound samples) but seeing where you've gotten the content I can understand the choosing(based off the trailer for Amelie, seems pretty interesting) And as a sample still has some good flow between the different sections you threw in there, if I didn't know any better(unless the actual sample does it for you) the melody sampling has some smooth transitions and modulations. Now it is a bit too long with the repetition for my taste, but still pretty good. Out of curiosity what program did you use for this?

6. Cameron

Cameron New Member

You asked what program do I use, I use FL Studio 10. It's a basic program for starters like me, easy to use.

Well, when you use "sample" to make a beat, it means that you take portion of a song and use it to make your beat so changing the instruments is not an option because it's an independent audio file, you have not done it step by step so it isn't an option.

But thanks.