• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Ascension: Darkness Rises ( A Kingdom Hearts RP ) 18+ RP

Discussion in 'OOC and Sign Up' started by NeRo, Jun 14, 2015.

1. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by Leviathans. These Leviathans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. The leviathans had a strange ability that the stories tell of. It seems the darkness that surrounded them caused smaller creatures to fall off of them and attack humans as a result, If for any reason a human was bitten or infected by one of these creatures they would become a walking mass of flesh with no mind of its own. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest Leviathans. Considering what caused the Leviathans to vanish is shrouded in mystery. All that was left was a temple of ruins with glyphs over the walls detailing the folklore's of warriors bearing blades that seemed to have the shape of keys. Little is know what this ruin is here for or what the stories mean.

. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a Leviathan in hundreds of years. Most Cities now still have massive walls but humanity has extended itself to larger cities. Malruth being the largest of the known colonies. houses the headquarters and training grounds for the AURA program. Based off the original legends that these Keyblade Wielders all had a specific Aura surrounding them once they reached the peak of their potential. Many young men and women travel far and wide to join the academy to be trained for combat. Though most use it just as a well paying job since no one believes that Leviathans ever existed...

--------

World

There are 3 walled Colonies

Malruth: Malruth is a large, varied nation with a strong infrastructure through farming and trade, supplemented with a focus on the use of the Military to achieve a higher standard of living.

Halure - Known as the City of Blossoms, Halure is a small, scenic town located just north of Malruth. The town is famous for having a barrier fused with magic a large, blossoming tree.

Aspio Nor - Also known as Nor Harbor, Aspio Nor is a port town located west of Halure. The port experiences heavy rainfall . The port is described as a thriving town under the jurisdiction of the Malruth Empire; passenger liners, freight vessels, and military vessels frequent the port

----
    AURA- The aura symbolizes when a keyblade warrior reaches a level of mastery. They become enveloped in a glowing aura of which keyblade element they weild.

Aura Types

Green : Members that possess a Green colored Aura. This Aura has the ability to induce electricity and shoot the targets. They also have the ability of a sort of manipulation of physics which allows them to phase through objects and also walk horizontally on vertical surfaces. These all come one at a time with the mastery of their Aura

Red: Members that possess this red colored Aura. This Aura has fire-based characteristics with a very destructive force to it, and can incinerate almost any and everything in its path. These all come one at a time with the mastery of their Aura

Blue: Members that possess this blue colored Aura. This Aura has the ability to use water at it's leisure This is and is not limited to Ice and it's abilities as well as water, These all come one at a time with the mastery of their Aura.

Gold: Members that possess this golden colored Aura. The Gold Aura is able to manifest this Aura in the form of astronomical objects and use them to attack targets. This means Golden Aura users are able to create constructs in the form of astronomical objects to defend and attack for them. These all come one at a time with the mastery of their Aura.

AURA ( Meaning to military ) The AURA is the smallest branch of the military in terms of membership, with an overall size of around 300 soldiers. This already limited number of volunteers is made less and less by commonplace deaths and an infamy surrounding the body count that frightens most away from joining. However they are the most elite and powerful soldiers the world currently knows of. AURA's have gone through training that would drive most crazy. "To be an Aura is to be a paragon for society"

Template

Put " I am an Aura!" In your template

Name:
    Appearance:
    Description:
    Theme: ( optional)
    Personality:
    Role: Student in academy/ Sargent/ AURA
    Keyblade/Weapon:
    Keyblade abilities:
    Aura :
    Biography:
    Other Information:

PSA: This RP will tackle adult themes such as blood, death, swearing, and dismemberment. This adventure is not for the faint of heart.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Taboo Sho likes this.
  2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I'm in. I'll get a sheet up sometime this week.

3. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I know you're really set on something more mature in an RP. But I really don't think we're doing ourselves much good making this an exclusively 18+ deal. I mean, we are trying to turn this place around and all. Is there any ground to keep it a tad less exclusive?

That, and well, the 18+ designation is nigh impossible to enforce anyways. More over will this element really necessitate such a rating?

4. NeRo

Lol you don't have to be 18 to join it. it's just the themes. i mean have you seen Attack on titan...like at all?

and turning this place around? i don't know what you were expecting but KHP has always been fine just lacked proper ownership and updates. the RP section has nothing to do with that. i've never once been in a Mature based KH RP except for Origins and i wanted to run my own, dealing with true issues and mature vibes that deviate from the typical E for Everyone themes. i'm not excluding anyone i'm just saying expect death, blood, and serious issues. not happy go lucky, bright colors and off screen and off camera attacks and deaths.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  5. Become

I get it man. I was just worried that this would be something exclusive. In any case let's just keep it somewhat tasteful. I'm in.

6. NeRo

I'll deal with any complaints or issues as they come but i think they will be few and far between. i'm hoping this really goes somewhere. we can always add people due to the military faction and we can just see where this journey heads to.

Taboo Sho likes this.
  7. Become

I think it could do well to expand the Aura color listings to get a wider variety of power sets.

Do the Auras account for the entirety of a character's personal abilities?

8. NeRo

i didnt want the powers to get too complex so if you've got any suggestions i'll listen. but overall the aura a person has means they have those types of powers. But i think i should say, no power trumps another with the idea of " weaknesses" in mind. it comes down to the mastery of the user.

9. Become

Maybe opt for something more like Iridium's power system?

Aura Color = Elemental Affinity
    Spells & Abilities can be selected at greater liesure.

10. Sonata

Sonata New Member

It's not about variety of the abilities given, it's about giving variety to the options you have. The descriptions of the powers are vague enough so that you can create your power freely while staying in the limitation of the auras given. It's all about putting that noggin to create and individualize is all.

I'll be writing up a template as I watch E3 :D

NeRo and Taboo Sho like this.
  11. NeRo

That's essentially what it is.

12. Become

I'm just not seeing that extent of variation. The auras in themselves seem to carry only a limited pool of functions.

Green: basically shooting lightning, wall crawling and phasing.

Red: kill it with fire.

Blue: functionally the most diverse one of the set, though it's not entirely clear what sorts of magics one would be allowed. In theory a person with this aura could channel any basic magic in one form or another.

Golden Aura: Presumably covers things like Meteor and gravity, etc?

Actually, a system from Iridium that I liked a lot was just using points for people to put into their spells and abilities. Basically maximum customization.

13. Sonata

Sonata New Member

Then you don't have too much of an imagination friend :p

14. NeRo

are you lacking in the imagination factor? it's lightning powers. Phase through walls, super speed, electric fusion the list is crazy it's tons of things to do with it. i don't think i should have to spell it out word by word what the power can do. that's why i left it to you the person to create your powers. But if i need to let's just get right to it.

Blue: Physical brawlers, sword weilders, speed users. multiple swords. Counter's that turn the attack into power and channel it back into an attack onto the attacker. use your knoggin.

Gold: Think Green lantern constructs using astrology.

i'm trying to understand what problems you're having here.

There is one more power that i have not listed it manipulates gravity. it's the Silver Aura but i was going to use that for the Villian. with these aura's you stay in your lane.

15. Become

I've no shortage of imagination. When something is defined specifically like the abilities were I take it as it is.

16. NeRo

Fine to help aleviate this. Blue is now Water/ice based.

17. Become

That really wasn't the whole point of what I was getting at. I tried to offer an honest suggestion and literally got spat on.

18. NeRo

I wasnt going to change my system. it's open ended for you to make your own template i shouldnt have to build an entire network and system for spells and all that complicated jazz for someone to follow word for word, bit for bit. you make what you will of it. But i had no intentions of changing the system itself. if you had suggestions for aura powers then sure shoot. but that's my rp and i'm sticking to it

19. Become

I did offer suggestions. And it's all ended up here, with being told that suggestions are pretty much jests. You said you wanted to collaborate; is this RP not that collaboration?

20. NeRo

You suggested an idea and i ran with it and wrote everything myself. So for all intensive purposes this is my RP. i was only looking for ideas to kick start the creative process.