• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Anime Convention Stories

Discussion in 'General' started by NeRo, Jun 6, 2015.

1. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

It's no secret that some of the most fun and most horrific times can come out of hanging out at anime con's i know i have PLENTY of stories to tell. lol so this thread is dedicated to those that have interesting stories to tell about there experiances at anime conventions. Don't be shy share those awesome times or horror stories :)

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I've never been to any conventions, unless you count dance conventions, which aren't really in the same spirit, *leads a sheltered life*, but I can imagine that getting big groups of hardcore fans together in one place could lead to either hilarity or disaster. You should share one of your stories, @Vox, to get the ball rolling. :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    NeRo likes this.
  3. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I've never been to a convention, only seen the ones on TV. ^_^

Come on @Vox share a story!

4. Dion

Dion Member

I've been to Comic Con in my area twice now. Both times I cosplayed as Deadpool but this year I took a different spin on him and got a shit ton more reactions out of it. xD

Anyway, I guess my "horror story" is that Jessica Nigri was there this time. (Vox put it back in your pants). I had some sort of expectation for her, as much as she cosplays with her breasts exposed, she usually has some exceptionally decent cosplay. Well unless you consider generic Ninja with giant cleavage to be cosplay. Or a lolita dress. I don't know, I felt like she didn't even really care about this comic con because it's nothing compared to San Diego or anything of that caliber. I just thought I'd see something... more noticeable. And on top of that, she seemed very disinterested in the event all together. Like I met her, she just looked annoyed (no this was early saturday morning, so it's not like it has been a very long day). It was just very underwhelming.

BUT she did say I was the best Deadpool cosplay she's seen in a long while so there's that. ;D

5. NeRo

Ok which story do you want to hear first, the time i hung out with the band Pee lander Z and all the Voice actors and celebs that attended the convention

Looking for my friend who turned out to be at a Yaoi panel

my first smash tournament at a anime convention

When i met Johnny Yung Bosch

When i met Vic Mignogna and turned out he knew my frend april personally and hung out with us in our hotel

Pick one lol i have more.

6. Dion

Dion Member

Johnny!

7. NeRo

i forgot about this thread! ok johnny it is then. i'll either make a post or edit this one with the entire story.

8. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Still waiting!

9. Ovum

Ovum ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

At my first convention that I cosplayed at, my cosplay got a lot of attention (I'm talking people asking for pictures literally every ten steps I took). At one point, my partner and I had a guy gripping a large black trash bag come up to us wanting our picture, and we said sure, of course. He then reached into his black bag of doom and pulled out several pony plushies and designated three for each of us to pose with, naming each one as he went along. It was awkward as hell.

The ponies were also damp. I don't know what this means.

NeRo likes this.