• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

A poem I wrote.

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics' started by Jett Albion, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jett Albion

Jett Albion New Member

It's pretty old, I wrote back in highschool, so ignore the bad gramar and such. Comment if you would like ^_^. I love constructive criticism

"Something growing, without us knowing, something changing, more or less re-arranging our thoughts. With the collaboration of this insidious nation, influential thoughts collide. The old we shocked, the new we mocked, but still we follow blindly the people who lead us. Chaos reigns supreme tearing at the seam, of our lives and our dreams. From out of no where we witness a scene, of blasphemisiong truth that labels us unclean. The truth is not present, the words disguise lies, for when we are told "Be Free" our freedom often dies. War breaks hearts, it also destroys lives, breaking the peace that thrives. Sometimes I wonder, Sometimes I think, if we change, could we once again rise. Our would continues to sink, deeper into the hell below, eventually the youngest will know. Our world is falling appart, soon things will end, and mabye go back to the start. Where ignorance once began, understanding will play a part."

2. Demyxx

Demyxx New Member

That was amazing. Keep it up!

3. Jett Albion

Jett Albion New Member

Wow...30 views and only one comment. >_>;;..must've screwed up somewhere xD

4. Demyxx

Demyxx New Member

Ah dont worry about it! It was still awesome! ^^

5. Jett Albion

Jett Albion New Member

Alright, another poem from back in the day.

I'm tired of all the lies, so many of them right before my very eyes, have hurt and deceived, so many I had believed. So much hate and discontent, and through these poems I thankfully can vent. My feelings as of now cannot not be expressed, I'm not happy nor am I depressed. I've lived, I've learned, and yet all seems to have been burned. I'm tired of always being the one to turn the other cheek since it has made my future look so bleak. Don't get me wrong, but I've been nice for far to long, and it has taken it's toll, hardening my heart, and tormenting my soul. So many things I could've done differently through out my life, that would've caused less pain, and less strife. From now on I'm standing my ground, no more of this pushing me around. I'm tired of being dragged down by so many liars, sending false messages, across the wires, from people to person just to fuel the fires of grief and distrust, but it's a cowards lust. From now on, until the day I'm gone, no more of this game, so go ahead and bring your own selves shame, cause I won't be the one to blame.

6. Jett Albion

Jett Albion New Member

Ahh hell, I'll post all the ones I've written so far, mabye more people will actually comment on them xD

So many lies, through my eyes, there'll never be any truth. My soul slips between the light and the dark, and the truth to it, I bear a mark. This mark I bear upon my heart, has always been there, even from the start. I know it's purpose, to guide me on my way, but it's so hard not to stray. I try to stay the way I am, but so many problems, you must understand, that to live a life such as this, is one fill with pain and bliss. Good times may come, and bad times go, but the releif is just to know. I love life, and the time's I've shared with the people that cared. Though this restless soul, so dark, so cold. So much pain has befallen upon me, though I push on through the travesty. The pain that I can't let go, I really don't like to show. My brother was dead, and now it has been said. The friend who caused this grief, who killed my brother, and stole his life like a thief. Got away easy, with a slap on the wrist, no matter what, just another crude twist.

7. Jett Albion

Jett Albion New Member

Life is so confounding, though all that is sounding
    so typical, yet people are so fical.
    So quick to change sides, break the tides, just to run and hide.
    Why we do such foolish acts, showing you the facts
    that we do reguard what others think, though we tend to sink.
    Into our own thoughts we reside, knowing that things tend to hide, like what we really are, and what can really scar.
    Like our standing in our cliques, reguardless of what makes us tick.
    Why are we like this I ask and question, though I know the answer is evident without mention.
    As said before some of us worry what other people think, and as always we allow ourselves to sink.
    Lower into the cesspool of life, through all our worrying and our strife. no ones knows their own life.
    How things where in the past, never like the last.
    So who cares if you rule, "He who rules may end up a fool".

8. Jett Albion

Jett Albion New Member

And here is the last one, I wrote this as a teenager.

This pain, this strain, I feel no gain. My heart screams, while my tears gleam. Dripping down my face, to a place, where I slowly fall. Deeper into the darkness I reside, knowing that there's no were to hide. I know this pain all to well, it feels like I've been sent to the bowels of hell. I try to find the light, but no matter how hard I fight, it eats me away, my body begins to sway. I spin, I twirl, falling, my body begins to curl, into a ball. In the darkness I see a light, shining within the darkness' might. It's your face, you smile, your tear, it whipes away all of my fears. You take my hand, and pull me through. Something lost I never knew. This love you fill me with is so great, but I found you all too late. You saved me and went, and now I'm all alone, why this pain inside, hurting right down to the bone. I can't stand this face, I long for your loving embrace. Nothing more nothing less, I will always find myself trying to confess. My love for you is real, no one else can steal it. I love you Baby, you know who you are. You will always be my shining star.

9. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I'll comment on this one first. ^_^

I'll start by saying that I don't think it does anyone any good for someone to just gush about how amazing something is, particularly when the creator is looking for criticism. I try to point out both negative and positive aspects, but be warned that it is easier for me to pick out the bad. XD

I think a reread and edit would be a good thing, because I see some grammatical mistakes and some odd word choices. For example, "blasphemisiong." I'm gonna guess you mean "blaspheming." You seem aware, judging by the first post, that these exist, but I find that it detracts from the piece as a whole when they are not fixed. It makes me think you don't care.

I also find the layout/form of the work strange. Reading it like one giant paragraph doesn't do it for me. The way it flows, it wouldn't be hard to rearrange into stanzas, or at least break it up a bit in some way. When I see a long paragraph like that, I automatically think "skim through it". You probably wouldn't want someone reading your poem to do that. ^_^

Well, all in all, I don't think this is bad. If you cleaned it up some, it'd turn out nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.