• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Comments on Profile Post by Oath

1. Become
    Become
    I'm iffy on it just because of the nature of our site's subject matter.
    Mar 25, 2017
  2. Oath
    Oath
    I'm of the same opinion. Though I've seen the argument come up of spoiler tags and roleplay ratings. This has been done in the past as an example. Personally, I find certain explicit scenes a bit crude in general.
    Mar 25, 2017
  3. Become
    Become
    Same. I don't see many well done explicit scenes.

Personally, I'd say, with Canon RPs, the content of the source material is best used as a model for the RP.
    Mar 25, 2017
  4. Oath
    Oath
    It's kind of a fine line for me. I don't mind suggestive nature and romance. I'm a fan of that. But context is important. For example I don't see an overtly violent scene or a sex scene fitting in a Kingdom Hearts based RP.

But in original roleplays where the setting is meant to be a bit barbaric, such as DI, the bar is set differently. It's something that would be difficult to make a set rule for because of that.
    Mar 25, 2017
  5. Desert Warrior
    Desert Warrior
    To me when people talk about "Mature content" they are talking about sex. I don't consider violent scenes to be mature, regardless of how violent. So on the subject of it being sex, you would think that an obvious implication with a "fade to black" would suffice.

Need another post to continue due to character limit.
    Mar 26, 2017
    Nova likes this.
  6. Desert Warrior
    Desert Warrior
    I feel that there is no point to actively show it other than people wanting to write smut. Describing the actual sexual acts adds nothing to the story that isn't added from simply acknowledging two characters had sex.

I remember this topic becoming the stupidest, most overblown argument back on EO.
    Mar 26, 2017
    Taboo Sho and Nova like this.
  7. Nova
    Nova
    My opinion on the topic doesn't stray far from the majority it would seem. As far as violence goes, I don't see much of a problem with it depending on the context. I'm just not great at writing violent scenes myself lol
    Mar 26, 2017
    Desert Warrior likes this.
  8. Nova
    Nova
    As for sex, if people want to do it in their own roleplays I'm not one to judge as long as both people are in on it, and spoiler tags are used.
    Mar 26, 2017
  9. Nova
    Nova
    But to be clear, as far as my own Roleplays go: Pretty much everyone knows I'll be the first to support romance in Roleplays. But the line is drawn at anything that wouldn't be suitable for a 13 year old to read. Sex scenes usually add nothing to the story, and are rarely well written. If something like that is relevant it would be just as easy to hint at it, and give them some privacy.
    Mar 26, 2017