• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

should i get it?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts - RE: Chain Of Memories' started by Nobody13, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody13

Nobody13 New Member

well i got KH COM and i just remembered tht there was a PS2 remake of it. i never beat COM, and i was wondering if getting it on the PS2 would be a good idea. are there any extras or anything? is it easier? and are the graphics good? oh and is there voice acting?

2. Xehanort

Xehanort New Member

Yes. Wonderful and do not get discouraged at the gameplay, you will get it. Just ask for assistance if you need it. The awesomeness of the Org members with voices is incredible. And you can play as Riku.

3. Luxoran

Luxoran New Member

The voices are... strange. Especially considering how Sora's KH II voice is used on the KH Sora.

Also, Namine is voiced by some some of obnoxious actress I-don't-know-what-her-name-is. Not like the original where she actually held a tone of humility and reserved docility.

And everyone - the way they speak - is comparable to the generic anime (you know, like the ones where everyone and everything has a sword and there's at least one creature that doesn't normally talk but does anyway). Random words are overemphasized and breathy.

Oh, and
    YouTube - Vexen's Creepy Ass Japanese Laugh
    but that's in Japanese.

EDIT: The above generic anime. Sounds like Bleach, doesn't it.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  4. Nobody13

Nobody13 New Member

lol tht vid was hilarious. and are u saying the voices are good or bad? lol

5. Keyblade Master Roxas

Keyblade Master Roxas Shake the Core.

Hm I think you should get it. The game play is easy and you'll get it. The first time I got it, I started getting the game play really quick. Well the only thing extra is the Theater and Rikus game play. I recommend you to buy the game. I felt really weird playing Sora with the Kingdom Hearts two voice. But I ended up getting used to it quick just like I did with the game play.

6. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Is the gameplay any different from the original Chain of Memories? I considered getting RE: COM, but I am not sure about buying it if it is going to frustrate me as much as the original did. I'm still a little ticked off that I bought a gameboy advance to play COM on.

7. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

The very basics of the gameplay is the same.

The diferences (Listed off the top of my head):

New sleights for Sora.
    New cards for Sora, such as KH2 keyblades.
    Sora gets Superglide. Don't remember if he had it in the original.
    New sleights for Riku.
    A new ability for Riku. I forget the name, but it is incredibly helpful.
    Zexion as a boss battle.
    Reaction commands.
    I think Marluxia has a new battle.

And I enjoyed the game, except for two specific reasons. Namine's voice didn't seem right since it wasn't the same voice actor from KH2. And Diz's voice. I absolutely hate is Re:CoM voice. The guy who did it for KH2 (Can't remember his name, but I know he played as Sarumon in LotR and Count Dooku in Star Wars) is so much better. And the really depressing thing for Diz's voice actor in Re:CoM is that he'll probably voice Ansem the Wise in BBS.

8. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

That would be Christopher Lee, and yeah, his voice is just about perfect.

Well, it's only $20 on Amazon, so I might pick Re: COM up one of these days. Give it one more try.

9. Nobody13

Nobody13 New Member

yea its really cheap so i might pick it up next time i go to a store and see it

10. Yeah it is great game, one of the best for a portable.

11. Rejected Oblivion

Rejected Oblivion New Member

It's a great game but due to them screwing the world system so badly it has a very low replay value. Still, worth $20 for sure.

12. As I said earlier for the price you cant go wrong .

13. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

Don't let this fool you. Its a good game, not great. Re: CoM i didn't like. Why? Because i've done it all before on CoM for the GBA. So if you really need to have 3-D version of the game, then go for it. IT's fun, but you will get bored..trust me

14. xion's

xion's New Member

ur rite i must addmit

15. Colonel Caboose

Colonel Caboose The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Its plain and simple, just get it.

EDIT: last post was three weeks ago. -_-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.